Will Akira be the next classic anime to get raped by Hollywood?

Will Akira be the next classic anime to get raped by Hollywood?

The plan for that has been in the works for years. Keanu Reeves wants to do it. A lot of people have been attached to the project. But so far it hasn't ever been greenlit.

Nolan wants to make it happen as well. Who knows if that's a good thing or a bad one though.

Nolan is a hack, so it'd suck and be as visually bland and grey as the rest of his shitty movies.

Yes.

Not many stronk wimmins in Akira. What about Perfect Blue?
check
check
check
>starlet survives & becomes stronger
check

Femtards would lose their shit.

Aren't the main characters supposed to be teenagers?

Keanu is supposed to be spike spiegel, not kaneda.

Ah, but you forget that the true villain in Perfect Blue was A fat, ugly, middle aged psycho woman who was jealous of the MC's youth & beauty. She also played along an omega cuck to do her dirty work. And we can't have that in our modern progressive society, can we?

Perfect Blue was kino. Satoshi Kon died too soon, probably shouldn't have eaten so much meat.

When you repeatedly try and fail to force a meme that's usually a pretty good sign you should stop.

Didn't Aronofsly plagiarise a lot of Kon's imagery?

So did Nolan with Inception.

Live action Perfect Blue already exists, it's called Black Swan.

No, Evangelion will.
Director: Michael Bay.

Just you wait.

Compared to the manga, the anime was shit already. So a shittier movie won't change much.

Your right user, that would not fly. How strange that cinema 20 years ago is edgy compared to today's drivel.

The worst part is the remakes are all Hollyjewed live-action remakes. The amazing animation is what make GitS and Akira so iconic. Next they'll be doing a fully live action Roger Rabbit.

Someone get this hothead outta here

Aronofsky bought the rights, but the motherfucker did that in order to use stills of the movie rather than making an adaptation

yep, that was what Aronofsky did with the rights of Perfect Blue

just watched it, it was certified quinoa
actual spoilers
was it me-mania who did the murders, and was then murdered by Rumi? Or was it all Rumi and he was just a hapless autist that she tried to frame? It certainly implies that he ran over the kid from the start, but how would he have gotten inside the building to stick the newspaper in the lift?
I am a bit stupid but I'll definitely watch it again at some point

Urotsukidoji?

Tetsuo played by : Seth Rogen
Kaneda played by : Idris Elba
Akira played by: Sarah Silverman
How can you make a six-thousand page manga into a workable live-action movie? The anime movie was only good because of the amazing animation. It cut out huge portions of the manga just to fit.
Let it go, jews. Just do another four Adam Sandler movies and leave my childhood alone.

Wow, what an improvement.

Just admit his visuals are subpar trash, his editing too. I'm not even memeing when I saw Snyder is a superior director. Nolan manages to trick people into thinking he's a genius, when in reality he's just average.