Name five legit good films you saw from 2016

Name five legit good films you saw from 2016

I haven't seen any movies from 2016.

I watched Rome after seizing it recommended here. That's pretty much the only new (to me) thing that I watched and enjoyed all year.

Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Silence
Arrival
The Handmaiden

Don't lie to me

Hacksaw Ridge 5/10
Hell of High Water 7/10
Silence 10/10
Arrival 4/10
THe Handmaiden havent seen

Avengers: Rise of Ultron
Captain America
John Wick
John Wick 2
Antman

8-d

Made in 2016 or what I saw in 2016?

It's not hard. Reading, you know.

I didn't view 5 kino's from 2016, but Massacre on Aisle 12 was rather entertaining.

I am struggling to name one.

What's this board about, again?

I think I've only seen Neon Demon, Hacksaw Ridge and Handmaiden.

Neon Demon was good, I think you need to have some /x/ tier knowledge to appreciate it more.

Hacksaw was good but was really hurt by the green screen and CGI. Made it look too fake, so the impact is gone.

Handmaiden was good too, but far from Park's best work.

Vvitch

2spooky4dooty

the same thing every imageboard is about; shitposting.

Excluding Hacksaw Ridge because 2ez

Hardcore Henry
Siege of Jadotville
Silence
Edge of Seventeen
Ayyrival

In that case, I only saw the new X-Men and the new Resident Evil. I like the first one, despite it's flaws, don't like the second, because it's dumb and boring. Oh and also Les Visiteurs 3 - it's a shame what it become, because the first 2 were really good. This is mediocre compared to them.

neon demon
hail caesar
handmaiden

Hack Ridge was just rah rah war is good bullshit. Statist prop to the maximum.

this tbh. when I start re-watching movies this or next year, I'll be watching obscure kinos from before 2005

A strawman pacifist, crafted to subtly promote the opposite idea. Just like the bitter "atheist" in True Detective.

Being an unarmed combat medic is not incompatible with pacifism you fucking retard, that being said I'm not a pacifist.

The Revenant 5/10
Triple 9 8/10
Hacksaw Ridge 6/10
Batman v Superman 6/10
Deadpool 7/10

Sorry but 2 is the best I can do.

Off the top of my head

Hail Caesar
Midnight Special
Top Burger Internal Struggle

If I think of more I'll let you know.

Triple 9
Nice Guys
Neon Demon
Hardcore Henry
Honest to doge I can't think of a fifth

Ringo Lam's Sky on Fire
Johnnie To's Three

No? It was about staying true to self and unwaivering perseverance. He was a real hero and human bean. Not to say that he wouldn't have jerked it to Christ-tan, had she been a thing back then

1. OP's Mom gets Reamed Out by a Pack of Wild Niggers
2. Revenge of the Pack of Wild Niggers, Starring OP's Mom
3. Return of the Pack of Wild Niggers, starring OP's Mom and OP's Sister
4. Return of the Revenge of the Pack of Wild Niggers, Starring OP's Mom, OP's Sister, and OP's Gramma
5. Help! My Asshole Just Fell Out! Starring OP's Mom
6. PBS Presents: Living With a Colostomy Bag, starring OP's Mom

the first one is from 2015, you lying nigger

Shit. That scuzzy whore filmed them all in one night.

Hardcore Henry
Don't Breathe
Deadpool
The Accountant
Warcraft: The Beginning
The Love Witch
Zootopia
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Shallows
Kubo and the Two Strings
Pet
Handmaiden
Shin Godzilla
The Angry Birds Movie
Gantz: O
Midnight Special

But there are many potentially good 2016 movies I haven't seen yet…

If you take part in war you're not a pacifist.

Hacksaw ridge
The whaling
Silence
Hell over high water
Shin Godzilla
La La land
The nice guys
Nocturnal Animals.
The midnight special
The accountant
Train to Busan

biggest surprise of 2016 tbh. Would watch another buddy film with those two again.

Train to Busan
I wish Korea would make more horror/monster films

Haven't been that dizzy watching a movie since that old first person "Smack my bitch up" video by prodigy. Enjoyed it.

Support based Mel, made me tear up at end.

Capeshit was cash, almost the perfect movie.

the secret life of pets
- I laughed.

Kill Command
- a shitty year for sci-fi, this is the only one that I didn't hate.

Enjoyed both

I also enjoyed
GREEN ROOM
and DR STRANGE. My expectations were really really low for each one, so that definitely played a part in my high enjoyment.

I have not seen "Hell or High Water" yet, but I want to - a trusted friend told me it's good.

The Handmaiden
The Wailing
The Age of Shadows
Hacksaw Ridge was decent enough to consider a rewatch
The Nice Guys was a cool surprise from Shane BLACKED

Gooks are surprisingly upping their game again, but after the jew got their hands on them with the quota i doubt they will embrace a new age

Hacksaw Ridge was fucking shit and silence was the best film of the year of course it was good you pleb

from 2015

edge of seventeen and arrival are shit

hail caesar and neon demon are shit

hail caesar is shit

nice guys and neon demon are shit

deadpool, the accountant, warcraft, zootopia, the shallows, 10 cloverfield lane are all shit

la la land, the nice guys, nocturnal animals the accountant all shit

the nice guys and deadpool were shit

What wasn't shit, according to you?

silence wasnt shit im not going to spoonfeed you

Every single film released in 2016 was shit.

In other words you only saw Silence and nothing else and are merely having fun by calling things you haven't seen shit.

No I've seen all of those I watcha shitton of films you fucking pleb

Nah, you don't.

Split
A Street Cat Named Bob
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Snow White Murder Case
Eddie The Eagle

Hell or High Water
Kubo and the Two Strings
Zoolander 2 (fight me)
Bad Santa 2
The Angry Birds Movie

Boo! A Madea Halloween

Not like an animated version would make in any better.

1. The Birth of a Nation
2. Hidden Figures
3. Ghostbusters
4. Rogue One
5. BVS: Darn of Just us

bvs is the only good movie in that list

But I do its all I do

Neon Demon is the only good movie from 2016

Neon Demon wasn't even good though, OGF was good

well that's just your opinion, and you have shit taste.

OGF was a god awful movie. Neon Demon is just better movie imo

Neon Demon took the worse things about OGF and focused on them even more. The characters in Neon Demon suck

so you say OGF was good but then say the characters were shit. Like I said you just have shit taste in everything

Zoolander 2 was pretty funny in a dumb way. I don't think I've seen a movie with more cameos. It's fun anticipating who will show up next.

Many people are right in recommending The Nice Guys. Goose's comedic timing is great, he should do more comedy.

John Wick 2 was great, though that was this year?

Haven't seen Hardcore Henry. Might have to give it a look.

I don't know what else. I cant' keep track of release years.

Starry Eyes> Neon Demon
Fuck you.

Reported

Zoolander 2 reminded me a lot of stupid shit like Happy Gilmore when the story wasn't a message, it was just a vehicle to attach jokes to. Comedy used to just be comedy. I especially liked seeing Kyle from youtube show up as the hipster retard and Derek argue with the hologram.

i liked the warcraft movie, even though i hate what blizzard's done with the games
other than that, i haven't seen anything else made in 2016 except for the shitty asscreed movie

hey faggot, plot matters little.

funnily enough Neon Demon was literally a parody of OGF in terms of filmmaking

and Elle FUCKING SUCKS

This movie Bombed, Hard. i Barely laughed once, and i am a huge fan of the first one. I defended it to soo many people who said it was too dumb. But somehow 2 just missed that sweet spot it found with the first movie. Those fucking cameos and callbacks to the first films actually made it worse because it reminded me of just how terrible it was in comparison.

And my god did Owen Wilson phone it in. He might have been part of why i hated it so much. He didnt want to be there. The jokes werent funny. He knew it. We knew it. The idea of finding this film funny is comedy heresy at best.

pic related

That little heeb is fucking hilarious. I used to watch him on youtube and then he just stopped making videos. Seeing him in this blew my mind.

Yeah, Wilson looked fucking miserable the entire movie. I liked the mask bit though.

He's not wrong those are pleb tier shit

did you never watch hellsing bro?

I have maybe I misunderstood the post

It looks bretty good for CG.

I watched the first one because President Trump makes a cameo on it (it's in the first few minutes).

It is the dumbest most unfunny "comedy" I've ever seen. I would be embarrassed to have my name associated to such shit.

I would not watch the sequel if I got paid for it.

Perfect Strangers 9/10
The Angry Birds Movie 8/10
Christine 7/10
The Autopsy of Jane Doe 7/10
Hell or High Water 7/10

All the movies I've seen either:

Are good but didn't come out in 2016

or

Came out in 2016 but aren't good

The duality of life, yin and yang.

13 Hours
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Nice Guys
Officer Downe
Deadpool

It was actually hard to think of five.

The Little Prince

Mr Peregrine's was OK, reminded me of older Burton movies which is a good thing

10 cloverfield lane was shit

The fuck, while I was looking through a list of 2016 movies, I saw this

some canadian animated movie? I never heard of it until now. no trailers or nothing. I don't think it ever went to theatres around here

Why is it that in all versions of the story, Kato is the objectively better protagonist than Kurono, much like Reika is objectively the best girl? Well, except in the live action version, where live action Kato looks and talks like a faggot although not to the extent of the live action Kurono.

Kato's a decent personand cares for his comrades and has gone through struggles and wishes to get him & his brother a better life. Kurono was an asshole that was good at Gantz but then the mangaka decided to turn him into a generic shounen protagonist.

Every other girl in gantz is shit. The one Kurono ends up with was only 'nice', totally bland and just 'Kei chan Kei chan!'. Kishimoto was useless. The girl Kato ended up with seemed ok, but she has a child and the father left her; used goods.

That lara croft girl was second best after Reika, too bad she was barely there. Reika looks pretty, has the best body & personality, isn't a bitch and can handle herself well. What's not to love?

Off yourself, kike.

Silence was the best film of the fucking yea you dumb slut therefore its a 10 compared to everything. Hacksaw Ridge had Garfield acting worse and was a fucking parody by the end of it

maybe its my fault. its one of my favorite movies, and that still in particular was very memorable to me.
about 30 seconds in he says it, but just looking at the picture he face does look skeptical.

==jitterbug==

The Accountant
The Nice Guys
Blood Father
The Founder
10 Cloverfield Lane

Op said legit good films not flicks

They were entertaining and well put together without being bland, forgettable trash. Why don't you list off some 'kino' indie movies then, you autistic hipster faggot?

Legit question, why is it that Hollywood has such a god damn hard time with Werewolf designs? The Van Helsing and Underworld designs were the only ones that were good. Everything else is either lazy or outright shit. It's a werewolf, aka a man-wolf, not a god damn fucking wolf man. Even then, they can't even get a real wolf, it's always huskies or malamutes.

This thread

Really? Even this?

Ya know Gantz wasn't so bad but I felt some things were never explained and man I really hated that girl that was just so lame. Smh. Also too many good ones died and I fucking hated that 100 point monster, such bullshit.

Hacksaw Ridge
13 Hours
Risen
Hardcore Henry
Silence (was released in my country in 2017 though)

Talent.
the Need to be original.
the limits of practical effects.
Plus i think a lot of studios look at supernatural films as a big gamble so they dont always go for the expensive practical effects artist and settle for someone less skilled. The designs are getting better mostly because they can rely on cgi more. I think anyway.

I liked Risen too

t. reddit

The Japanese film industry is dead.

This. There hasn't been any good films in decades.

Name 3 good films.

Who /shin/ here