Why is the only open source BIOS in C

What the fuck is wrong with the coders here and the people working under them and the people supporting this?
Yes, I realize that having it on C allows more coders to read it.
Yes, I realize its a language people have more experience with.
No, that doesn't fucking justify it.

Like what the honest fuck? I really, really wanted a open source BIOS because closed source ones are what NSA are focusing on. Its what they want. There are Operating Systems that aren't fucked by them, but most of those do have a closed source BIOS that is, allowing them to keep the mass surveillance quota in check. So I look up for any alternative BIOS to get this shitshow running and the only alternative is in fucking C.
I try my best but you don't help. What is the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!D1Q2EQpD!Lb09shM5XMZsQ_5_E1l4eQ
yadi.sk/d/NCEyJQsBxrQxz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Assembly is a pain in the arse to maintain when compared to C.

I agree, BIOii (the plural of BIOS) should be written in Java.

This is Holla Forums so I wouldn't expect its regular feeetard users to know what's going on in reality outside their hugbix. But UEFI is open source

UEFI is a meme

This "meme" most likely runs on more devices than BIOS now. Considering every computer sold since 2010 uses UEFI and it runs on more architectures than IBM PC BIOS'

i willmake free asm bios. send 50000 dollars US to me first

So what? Java runs on billions of devices™

What's the problem with C for this?

Do you honestly believe that making your work harder for yourself is the best way to keep the best control over the software you write?

Wut? Is this bait?

Well OP, can you justify the usage of assembly or are you just going to complain about SeaBIOS devs not being hardcore enough for you?

It's in C for portability :^)
Seriously though, it seems more work to code it in C than asm, but I've never wrote a BIOS. Maybe they do something fancy and need C for that, but I can't imagine what.

I really hope that is sarcasm I detect.

It was

The correct plural is BIOxen

And "your best" isn't a column in that table. Opinion invalid.

You all are missing the point. OP wanted to say that BIOSes should be written in Rust, obviously.

I don't see the problem tbqh OP. You should try actually coding instead of HTML.

OP, are you the same pajeet who rails daily against C? Tbqh, you sound more and more like you just don't know wtf you're doing. If you don't like C, don't use it. Use something with training wheels so you don't hurt yourself.

It's based on the Bochs BIOS, so maybe they didn't want the BIOS to completely run in the emulator or something.

So are you gonna explain to us why you think C is so awful for this or are you just gonna sit there and cry for no reason?

I don't know who these autists are, but hey posted this:

Ok peoples theshadowbrokers is promising you a trick or treating, here it is

mega.nz/#F!D1Q2EQpD!Lb09shM5XMZsQ_5_E1l4eQ
yadi.sk/d/NCEyJQsBxrQxz

Password = payus

This is being equation group pitchimpair (redirector) keys, many missions into your networks is/was coming from these ip addresses. Is being unfortunate no peoples is already owning eqgrp_auction_file. Auction file is having tools for to making connect to these pitchimpairs. Maybe tools no more installed? Maybe is being cleaned up? To peoples is being owner of pitchimpair computers, don’t be looking for files, rootkit will self destruct. Be making cold forensic image. @GCHQ @Belgacom TheShadowBrokers is making special effort not to using foul language, bigotry, or making any funny. Be seeing if NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX is making stories about now? Maybe political hacks is being more important?

https:[email protected]/* *//message-5-trick-or-treat-e43f946f93e6#.knx1h6kp2

Compilers like Clang, ICC and GCC know assembly a lot better than most humans.

C is just a portable, readable Assembly. It doesn't sacrifice any of Assembly's flexibility but you can reuse your code.
If you want it in Assembly so bad compile it with the -s flag and the compiler will spit out some Assembly for you.

Is there anything wrong with the BIOS because it uses C, or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

What's wrong with C?

Actually, that does justify it. Could you give some reasons as to why using C isn't justified?

All the better to hide backdoors with, my goy!

Most humans do not write BIOS code, so how's that relevant?

Just call them bii

"os" is Greek, not Latin. I'd say "bioi".

True, most BIOS even back in the 90s were bloated beyond belief. They are mini OSs, like SystemD is in bootloader land.

UEFI is so shit, if Legacy BIOS is bloated, UEFI is scary complex. Instead of fixing shit, modern-day retards are so weighed down by their marxist priorites that they just build on top of old technology to the point where everything is abstracted 321 layers of old, unmaintained platform and technologies that no human being can even begin to understand how it all works.

Yes but the spelling looks ugly