I need a new great show to watch and I keep reading that this is amazing, complicated, and is really worth watching

I need a new great show to watch and I keep reading that this is amazing, complicated, and is really worth watching.

My problem is that I think most things coming from England is written by full blown leftist cucks, even the most hardcore un-PC guy there is somewhat of a social justice warrior. I'm no Holla Forums, I just want to not watch some disgusting propaganda. So I want to ask, is this a great show that is written pretty nicely? Or does it have subtle leaking of the writer's trash thinking into it? The creators think Trump's the biggest human mistake.

Shit, forgot something. Let me just self reply to get this out of the way because I know some fuck would write it anyway

t. right wing sjw lol

HEY, I already wrote that.

first and second season is pretty good tbh. Third was okay up until they decide to bring back Moriarty for whatever fucking reason

Is the plot really as complicated as people say?

are you triggered you snowflake?

if by complicated you mean full of bullshit and asspulls then yeah I suppose

no not really complicated, I don't why people think it's complicated. It's a straightforward show, but the appeal of Holmes, in the books too, was that he's always one step ahead of the audience and it's fun to go on his rides. And yeah, like the other user said there's some asspulls.

It's not good, don't bother, trust me, user. Watch Millennium or something, I think there's a movie coming out soon enough.

also if you want complicated, even though I'm not sure what you mean so maybe you could elaborate more, you could try Legion. It's the kino of capeshit so far imo.

i actually find it surprising Holla Forums doesn't talk about legion more. It's like me and 2 other anons who watch it from what i've gathered. i would think it's a show Holla Forums would dig, but what do i know i guess.

Quit after series 2.

>they decide to bring back Moriarty for whatever fucking reason
having finished up watching season 4, he's not back. they're all recordings of him taken when he was still alive. It's Holmes' sister using the recordings to taunt and manipulate Sherlock throughout season 4.

Oh, all right then. I was asking because I read a news article about the creators slamming down the fans for calling the show complicated. I thought they had written a really good story based on that so I was just interested.

Hmm, that came out quite a while ago and I never heard of it. Did you really enjoy it? Does it keep you on the edge wanting to see the next episode? If yes I'll try it.

You know, I kinda wanted to watch Legion because I've heard that some guys who worked on Fargo also worked on Legion, but then I avoided it because you know… capeshit. I'll definitely watch it if it's not the usual superhero crap.

Apparently you don't seem like the only one to quit after 2. I have to give it a try and see what the fuss is about.

more or less the same writers yeah, and Noah Hawley created and runs both. What I like about it, as i said in the Legion thread, is that I understand what's going on but I have no idea where it's going next and that's a good feeling after some predictable shows have been coming out like Westworld and shit. Some people find it confusing, and maybe it's due to the pilot, but I picked up straight and way and it clicked so I don't know. there's some shitty cg tho, especially at the end of the pilot. but yeah, hard to explain why I like it so much. It goes everywhere and nowhere simultaneously, some lovely directing, good actors even Audrey Hepburn who was actually pretty creepy last episode, and its tone changes all the time from sweet kids in love at one point to actually pretty creepy and shit the next. All I can do is recommend it and hope you enjoy it.

fuck me, i mean aubrey plaza. no one will ever be as qt as audrey hepburn.

Sounds great. Well damn, just got myself two new shows to watch then. Legion which has high chances of being great due to the Fargo writers, and Sherlock which I'm unsure about it at the moment.

Series 1 and 2 are a pretty solid modern interpretation of Sherlock Holmes. After that, the writing gets increasingly dumb, and they start to pander to Tumblr. The later series do at least have a couple of good villains (Magnussen and Jimmy Saville), but the show definitely hits it's peak at series 2.

This.
After the second season the show became more and more like some kind of fanfiction from Tumblr.

ah i haven't seen season 4, but after season 3 i don't really plan on watching anymore. but yeah, like other anons are saying, first two season were fairly solid.

Alright then, it sounds good that S1 and 2 is actually cool. But just one last question about it, is there some subtle propaganda in the show?

Also, how about Doctor Who? I have heard many people call that tumblr the TV show, is that justified or is it a good show?

I don't remember anything explicit in the first two series.

Great, gonna get it then.

It's one of my favourites shows, I actually think it's better that The X-Files. It's deeper, darker, and has a great mythos.

you just answered your own question
t. never even watched this show

the writing has been boring for a long time. Aside from a few entertaining episodes per season, you can tell the writers scramble to come up with any villains as iconic as cybermen or daleks. Hence, the latter two enemies get redone over and over and over.

I have read a quick review that says Millenium has murderers or evil people that are not dehumanized and not everything is black and white in that show. If that's the case then it should turn out to be really interesting, gonna download that too. Thanks for suggesting me that show.

How about the first seasons

I just don't want their bullshit to leak into the story, if they can keep it to themselves that's fine, but I want the story to be for entertaining and expressing emotions that are not meant as propaganda.

I'm not the user you're replying to, but there's quite a lot of seasons. Doctor Who has a new doctor every few seasons, 12 actors now being the doctor, and I haven't seen all of them to tell you which ones are good or not. The show started in the 1960s, and then relaunched in 2000 something. I think people like the first doctor when they brought back the series? Christopher Eccleston or something.

This is new to me. So then seasons will vary depending on the doctor. I do think that I remember seeing on Holla Forums lately that there's a dyke as the doctor now.

I wonder if there are jews who like Wagner

Stephen Fry likes Wagner, he did a documentary about being a jew and liking wagner even.

Found something even better

kek i forgot about CYE

Whaaaaatt? An actual new season this late? From season 8 till now quite some time has passed, didn't think Larry would make a new one.

Maybe he's gonna make fun of all the PC shit going on now, hopefully.

who knows, hope it's good though. I don't think they've announced when it airs yet, might still be filming, but yeah it's in production.

It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I'd say the first season when Doctor Who got revived was overall solid. The one with Eccleston as the Doctor and Rose as his companion. He plays the part well and Rose is fairly likeable. Expect cheesy effects and silly plotlines that try to play it serious.

Add Patriot to your watch list, I'm going around shilling it here but it really is great.