Mom and Free Will

Jeremiah Nguyen
Jeremiah Nguyen

So my mom's a christian that believes in free will, and i doubt don't know if i should red pill her on the fact or not. She's said Christianity has helped her through her life and has resulted in a happier lifestyle. Although i find nothing wrong with religion ( i'm a agonist deist btw), it can help you get through life if used properly. I just don't know if i want to break that illusion free will my mom has.

What should i do Holla Forums?
(NOT BE UNDERAGE)

Nolan Roberts
Nolan Roberts

Everyone has free will, nothing can stop you.
Punishment isn't hindering that.

Brandon Peterson
Brandon Peterson

Checkem

Tyler Martin
Tyler Martin

nothing can stop you
Kek. Utterly compelling argument, user.

Brandon Fisher
Brandon Fisher

If you're inclined to do something you can try to do it. If someone stops you that doesn't mean you didn't choose to do it.

Brandon Richardson
Brandon Richardson

i'm a agonist deist btw
fag

Lucas Ramirez
Lucas Ramirez

Choice =/= the FREEDOM to choose.

Anyway, I'd be happy to get into a more in-depth debate with you, but the keyboard on my tablet is being a motherfucking cunt.

Carson Bennett
Carson Bennett

but the keyboard on my tablet is being a motherfucking cunt.
nice cop out fag. u know u r wrong. nigger.

Grayson Mitchell
Grayson Mitchell

Alright, but I'll have to keep my responses succinct.

Varying deres of freedom doesn't make sense. You can have varying degrees of "difficulty of will", but freedom is an absolute.

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

Are y'all aware of the rules of Causality?

Samuel Powell
Samuel Powell

maybe

Justin Cox
Justin Cox

OP gets proven his homo shit is wrong
m-muh keyboard

Austin Reed
Austin Reed

Varying deres of freedom doesn't make sense. You can have varying degrees of "difficulty of will", but freedom is an absolute.
but freedom is an absolute.
but freedom is an absolute.

Colton Torres
Colton Torres

That wasn't OP

Landon Price
Landon Price

Sure it wasnt

Logan Clark
Logan Clark

That's what I'm ultimately referring to.

Not OP

Your point? We don't have absolute freedom, as we're under too many constraints to be absolutely free to make the choices we make. Every choice (every causal event) is predicated on a maelstrom of causal events that we have no control over.

Joseph Garcia
Joseph Garcia

That's some faggot nihilist shit, shifting the goalposts

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

Your point? We don't have absolute freedom, as we're under too many constraints to be absolutely free to make the choices we make. Every choice (every causal event) is predicated on a maelstrom of causal events that we have no control over.
im a fag that is a lazy cunt and dont wanna do anything. haha no control its ogre no freedumb ;^)))
also
being autistic and not understanding the phrase "nothing can stop you."

Nathan Jones
Nathan Jones

That's some faggot nihilist shit, shifting the goalposts
this

David Nguyen
David Nguyen

How is that shifting the goalposts? And what does that have o do with nihilism?

Note: I'm not saying that we're not "resonsible" for our choices, in the sense that our corporeal material ultimately makes those choices; however, we are part of a larger whole which largely determines what those choices will be.

Nicholas Nguyen
Nicholas Nguyen

Let her alone. It is wise to let her live with something that helps her through life. Knowledge isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Ultimately it is better for her, and you as it won't strain your relationship. Be respectful of her, she's obvious raised you somewhat correctly for even considering that it may be disrespectful.

Levi Campbell
Levi Campbell

How is that shifting the goalposts?
We don't have absolute freedom, as we're under too many constraints to be absolutely free to make the choices we make.
implying the constraints are too terrible
therefore we have no control
therefore no absolute freedom
therefore you are meaningless
You know what else has no freedom? A slave. Do you feel like a slave?

Dylan Bennett
Dylan Bennett

do you feel like a slave
Not exactly, because I can't predict the future.

Landon Ramirez
Landon Ramirez

because I can't predict the future.
Except a lot of people can. People do this by recognising patterns. Do you also know who can't recognise patterns?

STUPID PEOPLE

Austin Scott
Austin Scott

What difference does it make if you made the decision?
Are you an anarchist?

Kevin Miller
Kevin Miller

(NOT BE UNDERAGE)
seeya gayboy

Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

Speaking of moving the goalposts…

My point is that if my life is essentially determined, I don't feel like a slave, because I can't predict the outcome of every choice while having no ability to control it (the outcome). But this is merely semantics, as slavery is an abstract term.

We'll never be able to prove Free Will or Determinism, but I think Determinism is a more accurate way to examine how we span time.

Julian Hughes
Julian Hughes

We'll never be able to prove Free Will or Determinism,
i got a test for you
go kill yourself.

Colton Campbell
Colton Campbell

If I was less empathetic towards my loved ones and I suffered from morbid depresssion, I probably would.

Zachary Watson
Zachary Watson

why not? if you're dead you, you can't feel or experience anything. except for your edginess.

Luke Cox
Luke Cox

you, you
fuggg

Henry Rivera
Henry Rivera

The only reason you'd perceive my position as "edgy" is if you can't grasp it.

I think suicide is logical, in that the nature of life is predicated on suffering, but it's ingrained in my DNA to persevere and survive, and I love my family.

John Anderson
John Anderson

(Checked)

Quads don't lie, you have free will. Although OP apparently can't choose to not be a faggot.

Mason Hughes
Mason Hughes

Kek. See, OP has a choice, but his freedom to choose his faggotry is limited; thus, he is not FREE to not be a faggot at all. His faggotry was essentially determined.

Cooper Cox
Cooper Cox

Unjust ban
wew lad
(NO Holla Forums LOGO)

Jackson Mitchell
Jackson Mitchell

Maybe there aren't enough souls to go around, and some people, like OP, lost the metaphysical lottery so he actually doesn't have free will and is just a walking meat robot, programmed to respond to stimuli in predictable ways, most of which involves sucking cock

Carson Allen
Carson Allen

Guys, we have to take into account the possibility OP comes from a place were they have a different idea of what free will is, or free will is the closest idea to an idea OP's people have.

Throw that paper put make make one with the Holla Forums logo.

William Cox
William Cox

So petty

John Rivera
John Rivera

So is this going to get fixed?

Chase Scott
Chase Scott

Yeah

James Bell
James Bell

i hope

Julian Thomas
Julian Thomas

Tell her to become a Thelemite

Jack Lee
Jack Lee

HEY MODS CAN YOU BAN ME I'M TWELVE
fucking cucks won't ban me

Jaxson Williams
Jaxson Williams

Let's praise Him with joyous song!
"Open your bowels for Jesus,
Open your bowels for Jesus;
As you dwell in His Word,
You'll be undeterred
To open your bowels for Jesus."
Amen & Glory!
Praise him with many motions!
Genesis 15:4 "This man shall not be thine heir, but one that shall come out of thine own bowels, he shall be thine heir." (GNV)
Psalm 71:6 "Thou art He that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be always of Thee." (GNV)
Proverbs 20:27 "The light of the Lord is the breath of man, and searcheth all the bowels of the belly." (GNV)

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

Have you tried seeking Jesus Christ with all your heart instead of asking a bunch of people on the internet?

The programmer has defined the end from the beginning. Realities have been created and any one can be entered to. No love can exist if free will does not exist.

Hunter Martin
Hunter Martin

she can't help it
neither can you
or you are just full of shit :^)

Grayson Cook
Grayson Cook

post CP if you want to be banned retard

Caleb Kelly
Caleb Kelly

should I redpill my mom
Ask again when you graduate highschool.

Henry Sanchez
Henry Sanchez

Whatever is destined to happen, will happen.

Joseph Reyes
Joseph Reyes

Free will is just a meme

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page