Legion

what do you fags think about Legion? I've been enjoying it so far. was pretty pumped for it since it's the writers of the Fargo tv show working on it and haven't been disappointed yet.

will it be the capeshit kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(Marvel_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aubrey Plaza is in this?

downloading now

yes. She is still typecasted as the weird girl if that's what you like her for, but the way she portrays it in Legion is somehow different and i don't know how to put my finger on it. but i think it's been one of the better roles she's done.

also

WEW LAD. But yeah it's pretty good so far.

Choose one.

Aubrey Plaza is in this?

deleting now

I remember seeing commercials about this. Seems pretty interesting.

Is this the Smallville of Marvel?

You are missing out. She dies in the first episode in an horrible way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(Marvel_Comics)
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Every fucking time X-Men sticks to its original story as it always been?

wut? you think that story just appeared out of nowhere?

i don't think the tv Legion isn't even related to Xavier and it's more of its own thing but I am not entirely sure. I didn't read the comics so I don't know what similarities there are or how faithful the show has been. They show his father in the second episode, but his face is in shadow so you don't see who it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to see how well the show does or doesn't do before even considering committing the necessary resources needed to bring in a mcavoy (who I think is a shitty Xavier) or a Stewart.

After all they own they own the rights to all of marvels mutants.

I thought Legion wasn't going to be in the same universe as the films.

I honestly had no idea but if that's the case, then who knows what they decide do.

why can't i have a blonde qt say she'll protect me and switch bodies with

The films aren't even in the same universe as the films. X Men movie canon is a huge mess.

Why would they want to make a series *about* Legion? He's only ever half-decent as a plot device. I'd barely heard of this being a pilot and only just now watched the trailer, so I don't know anything about the show, but I'll summarize Legion from what I remember:

First off, I like the actor, but he looks totally different from his comic counterpart. In the comic his most striking feature is a huge head of black hair sticking straight up. Visually he drew a lot from Tetsuo in Akira.

His gimmick even at the time wasn't that new, he basically does the same thing as Typhoid Mary. Legion (as his name suggests) has multiple personality disorder, and each personality has different psychic powers. Initially this was three personalities, a mute child, a docile adult, and a destructive sociopath. Over time this developed into other personalities, and he largely resented his father.

The key with him is that obviously he has all of these powers and if not for the division of his personalities he would be omega-level, and this is generally what happens. His first major story triggers Age of Apocalypse.

In the precursor to AoA Legion decides to be of use to his father. His personalities briefly unite, and he decides to go back in time and kill Magneto before he can lead to mutants being hated. He fucks up and kills his father instead creating a time paradox and erasing himself in the process. In the new timeline with no Xavier to create the X-Men Apocalypse takes over the world.

Bishop already being from another timeline is the only character aware of the change and is able to eventually set things right. Legion goes back to being kept in an asylum.

He mostly stays in obscurity until Cyclops convinces Xavier he could be useful in their struggle against Bastion, and he's let loose proving too powerful and chaotic for the Sentinels to deal with. Dr. Nemesis begins a medica process to "kill" Legion's alternate personalities as most of them are malicious, Xavier disagrees with this and the two of them enter his mind and trigger a new personality based on Moira McTaggert who creates an alternate reality leading to the "Age of X" timeline, which similar to AoA was known mostly for some really kickass art and incredibly edgy backstories. Then they tried again to bring him back with a storyline about his personalities physically manifesting and escaping his head, but again no one cared about the character.

Does the series relate to any of that at all? Given the character's inherent nature involving shapeshifting, time travel and creating alternate universes, I'm kind of okay if it doesn't, but I can't think of any narrative that makes sense with the character.

it might have something to do with this

i think they've taken a lot of liberties with it which doesn't bother me cause I didn't care about comic Legion either. They seem to be going for the more schizo route than multiple personalities, but I could be wrong. Show has been pretty good either way though. I'm going to guess right now and say that probably everything he's witnessing in the show is in his head, or at least most of it. Maybe someone is trying to separate unreality and reality for him (the gross looking person with the yellow eyes) but he's resisting and he'll probably end up resisting completely and doing something horrible.

I always liked that art for some reason.

I can see the headlines now.

I only saw the first episode, but really liked it. I don't think it follows the original comic version of Legion.

Watched the first episode and the gf's name is "Syd Barrett" iirc, is that supposed to be a Pink Floyd reference?

I'll start watching and get back at you.

Definitely not a bad episode 1 overall, but holy christ was the last scene terrible. A series about psychic powers really needs a bigger budget than that.

Okay, I mean, yeah, last scene blew. At least you got the idea, yeah..

This, I went the whole episode thinking 'wow this all looks really great,' and then that last scene happened and I was just absolutely baffled at how terrible it looked. It felt like a joke to me at first but then I realized that that wouldn't make any sense at all.

yeah the cg in the pilot ending was some pretty bad shit. Hopefully, if they do more of that kind of stuff, they'll get a bigger budget. I just assumed it was due to it being a pilot.

I don't remember the second episode having any bad cg that really stood out, and the second episode was better overall in general and I really liked the pilot.

I thought I had downloaded an early pilot by mistake.

kek yeah. From the other episodes the cg of the Monster Guy I don't think they gave him a name can stand out at points. The third episode has another thing I'm gonna call him Angry Boy since he's related to the book, but it looks like a costume and didn't really see it standing out.

Speaking of, watched the third episode just now and it's pretty spoopy. This shit is bretty gud.

Oh, and another cg in the third episode was when David and his gf do the teleport/astral projection sort of thing but it didn't look so bad so they must've got a bit more budget for special effects after the pilot

Godamnit, just caught the 2nd ep last night, now I gotta watch the 3rd now so I can partake in discussion.

Damn, that shit was 2spoopy4me. Good shit, though, and I generally can't stand superhero shows. I wouldn't doubt the name Syd Berrett is a nod to Pink Floyd.

Was cool to see Bill Sienkiewicz's name at the end, too.

I think I read somewhere where they said Sydney Barrett, David's GF for those who don't know, was a Pink Floyd reference which is pretty neat. Wish You Were Here best floyd song tbh.

Superhero shows are pretty hit and miss for me too. i like this one cause it has nice sets and imagery and is a mind trippy surrealistic kind of thing.

As far as theories on the show, I really don't have any. Above I said that it seems like everything is basically happening in David's head, but now it seems he's actually stuck in his head in ep.3. So unless there's some layer upon layer thing going on I have no idea. I did notice some things in Episode 3 like DAVID being written on a sign in the Halloween scene which isn't much of a spoiler, but other than that I have no idea where the show is going. Pretty refreshing after how predictable Westworld was.

But yeah, episode 3 was some spoopy shit. Looking forward to where they go next.

Didn't notice the sign, got all antsy when his dog ran off cuz I have a beagle and get all faggy when they kill dogs in shows.

I also thought of westworld while watching this, and wished it was more like Legion. I really hope it doesn't turn to shit like westworld did.

And fuck, Angry Boy really is jarring, more so than the fat man. And I was irked when Melanie got her hand fucked up by the book.

Nice, also, that they have a black guy in a show that isn't pushing an agenda like black robo bitch in westworld.

dude I know rite XDDD it's so neat how they referenced a thing LOL

Don't be such a faggot.

RUDE

The Angry Boy book obviously has some significance, as well as his "father" reading it to him, but fuck me if I know what it is. Maybe trying to brainwash David for some reason? Or fuck with his head somehow. I really have no idea. There was also the scene where Syd and David sit on each side of that corner and their lit up in different colors, could mean something idk.

why is Syd so perfect tho. I just know Syd is going to fuck over David somehow and it'll break my damn heart when she does.

When David was remembering, his father's face was hidden, but I'm pretty sure Melanie saw his face as she was going up the stairs.

I noticed that too and it looked like David to me tbh, but I'd have to rewatch.

I bet it's a case of "do what you want now, but if this takes off we'll probably do more tie ins"

Interestingly this had to be coproduced with Marvel, even though the movies are at least coproduced with Marvel in name only. Specifically, it's Jeph Loeb's Marvel TV

watched the first episode, now i'm just confused and don't feel like bothering with the rest
i did like how the protag wasn't some random bodybuilder or some skinny fag prettyboy like the guy who plays the flash

Jesus… she looked like she aged 30+ years in that image

The first episode seemed like it might be OK but the ending was fucking retarded.

Kill yourself tbh, nigger.

It is the best album though

This. Pink Floyd is shit.

second episode is better than the pilot tbh

she's more energetic in this role than any role i've seen her in before

the only other thing i've ever seen her in is scott pilgrim.

I love it when people scream and all the glass breaks.