Would You Like MGSV More If Venom Was Big Boss?

Actually playing as the real deal while making the real Outer Heaven would vastly improve the game. It wouldnt fuck up the story at all and would actually be a good ending

Attached: 55cfcd9b127864feb28112cf74f2021d.jpg (564x1002, 65.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3pEwEzoHKUoThere's
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would like MGSV more if it was finished

I'm going to say it.I like Venom Big Boss more than regular Big Boss.

>>640238773Gay opinion

Attached: 1be9b5b44d00724417597030156fd13d.jpg (563x705, 51.68K)

>>640238497>Would you like the game more if it was the exact same but they removed one cutscene and a few tapesnoAnyway Venom IS Big Boss. Same look, same voice actor, same role, same supporting cast, explicitly stated to share title with the original

>>640239128No... Venom is a fake. He is no more Big Boss then Ocelot is liquid.

>>640238497i would have liked it if it was not open world garbage and more like gz

>>640239237By that logic you might as well say Naked Snake never actually surpassed the Boss because she was trying to die and so he didn't legitimately earn his Big Boss title either

>>640238497No, I've never had a problem with the Venom twist. Previous games also let you control other characters that were just as good as BB with no logical reasoning.The bigger problem with the game is that way too many important conversations and plot points are just cassette tapes which should have only been used for less important stuff like Kaz's burgers, rambling autism from Code Talker or anything involving the African kids and Liquid.In general V has way too few cutscenes relative to the amount of story threads it had going in it, likely this was because 4 was so heavily criticized for being a movie and Kojimbo over-corrected, coupled with bad priorities and rushed development towards the end, which is also why we didn't get Act 3

>>640239369That doesnt matter. Big Boss is a person not a title. Venom and Big Boss are both called Big Boss because people dont know any better but thats it. Even the credits in the missions separate the two in the truth mission. Also, The Boss thing is just a headcanon

>>640239494>Previous games also let you control other characters that were just as good as BB with no logical reasoning.That never happens. What is it with people just assuming Venom is as good as Big Boss? He was just the best soldier they had. There is nothing else connecting them

>>640239501No, it is a title. Naked wasn't Big Boss before he beat the Boss. He also explicitly says this to Venom:"I’m Big Boss, and you are too… No… He’s the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story – this “legend” – it’s ours. We can change the world – and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you… my friend. From here on out, you’re Big Boss."Pretending Venom isn't Big Boss is a cope

>>640239791If people knew the truth they wouldnt call Venom Big Boss. The lie is the whole point. Big Boss is talking about the legacy they left with the deceit. Take away the title of Big Boss and people will think Venom is Naked Snake or John. Venom isnt Big Boss because Big Boss is a name for a specific person,

>>640239579Venom down Sahelanthropus (mostly on his own) can easily be compared to literally any feat that BB ever performed

>>640240076*taking down

>>640238497Does it matter? Venom was Big Boss for a period of time while the actual Big Boss was busy swinging his limp dick around

>>640240076Big Boss didnt lose to a rookie solid snake and he was ahead of Venom when they were both active

>>640239983>Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Konami Computer Entertainment Japan (2004).>Lyndon B. Johnson: You [Naked Snake] are above even The Boss. I hereby award you the title of Big Boss. You are a true patriot.Have you actually played these games or did you get your information from youtubers?

>>640239983>If people knew the truth they wouldnt call Venom Big BossThe soldiers at Mother Base still do>Big Boss is talking about the legacy they left with the deceitNo, Naked Snake is talking about the deeds Venom performed while under the hypnosis, which are a part of Big Boss's legend in and of itself.>>640240182Yeah, instead, he lost to a heavily wounded Solid Snake armed with nothing more than a zippo and aerosol can. At least Venom had to tank a few rockets

>>640240228I dont get your point. Big Boss is a person not a title. People follow Venom because they believe he is the guy who completed Snake Eater.

>>640240401At the start. By the end of the game, they tell you they don't care who you are, you're still Big Boss to them.

>>640240401Beating XOF, skullface, the skulls and Sahelanthropus is more impressive than operation snake eater.

>>640240294>The soldiers at Mother Base still doThey are the only ones and thats a nice addition that breaks canon. No one would really know>No, Naked Snake is talking about the deeds Venom performed while under the hypnosis, which are a part of Big Boss's legend in and of itself.Yes and thats the deceit. Big Boss didnt do those deeds but people think he did. If people knew better then they wouldnt attribute those deeds to Big Boss >Yeah, instead, he lost to a heavily wounded Solid Snake armed with nothing more than a zippo and aerosol can. At least Venom had to tank a few rocketsSolid wasnt "heavily wounded" and had to sneak around because Miller said Big Boss was unbeatable in hand to hand.

>>640240494They dont know any better. Its just a line to make you feel better. >>640240545Thats missing the point. They think they are following someone else.

>>640238497>Would You Like MGSV More If Venom Was Big Boss?Yes, I would. No idea why everyone else in the thread is being an obnoxious cunt about it.

Attached: Screenshot 2023-06-11 023541.png (1269x654, 661.39K)

>>640240668>They think they are following someone elseYeah and? Venom himself didn't know it until the end of VEvery one of the soldiers working under Venom are there on that rig because Venom bested them, and rather than killing them he gave each of them a better life.If he did come clean then he would have just built a new name for himself with his past deeds, if anything people would stop caring as much about big boss because he just disappeared off the face of the earth for so many years while a new guy did everything that BB should have been doing.

>>640240708>crying and shitting your diaper because Big Boss isn't the marvel superhero you thought he was

>>640240928

Attached: urALo.png (548x1874, 50.68K)

>>640240598>If people knew better then they wouldnt attribute those deeds to Big Boss They would because again, Big Boss is a title. That is the understanding of who completed it and the understanding of who Venom Snake actually is. Whatever he was before doesn't matter, for all intents and purposes he is Big Boss. He has no identity outside of being Big Boss. I don't even know why you dispute this so hard when the game itself makes it clear. Comes off like you have some kind of unhealthy attachment to Naked Snake. NOOOO SOMEONE ELSE CAN'T HAVE THE TITLE IT'S SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT ONLY MY SELF-INSERT IS ALLOWED TO HAVE

>>6402408601. Venom isnt pretending to be Big Boss soley for his soldiers. The world thinks Venom is Big Boss. They wouldnt say "Ill follow you no matter who you are" because their interest is in the real Big Boss2. Big Boss is making outer heaven with no miller and ocelot or even his own legend while Venom is a fake for 6 years

>>640240997not clicking your gay rage comic, try posting it on reddit

>>640238497I like it the way it is. Venom is a more tragic character than the real Big Boss could have been at that point in the saga. It would have been a redundant story otherwise.

>>640238560I clicked on this thread to post this.

>>640241048Because Big Boss isnt a title. If it was Venom wouldnt need to change his face. If some faggot changed his face to look like you and showed up impersonating you then he wouldnt be you. Even if he has your name

>>640241048your brain on post modernism

>>640241081>Venom isnt pretending to be Big Boss soley for his soldiers.He's doing it because it's what Big Boss needs, Venom himself was a loyal soldier of BB.>Big Boss is making outer heaven with no miller and ocelotIn total safety because all the heat is on Venom, and his crew>Venom is a fakeThat is at least as good, if not superior to the originalDo you really think that all the soldiers are 70iq retards that are all going to chimp out even after Venom quite literally saved the world from being ruled by skullface and his army of magic soldiers and parasites that wipe out entire languages, and also a giant mech animated by magic?

>>640241237>Because Big Boss isnt a title. If it was Venom wouldnt need to change his face.Not sure if ESL or you just don't understand the basic premise of the story

>>640241410>He's doing it because it's what Big Boss needs, Venom himself was a loyal soldier of BB.Changing the subject. The point was that Venom isnt acting like Big Boss for his soldiers. The world WOULD care if Venom was a fake. >In total safety because all the heat is on Venom, and his crewAnd with no help at all he made something beyond DDs >That is at least as good, if not superior to the originalMG2 destroys this headcanon if you couldnt peace it together in V>Do you really think that all the soldiers are 70iq retardsVenom would lose a lot of power if the truth was discovered. He attracts people based on his name and legend. He didnt attract anyone before he "became" Big Boss. And, once again, the lie is for the world not just his soldiers

>>640241237If it wasn't a title, multiple characters wouldn't refer to it as a title and the person holding the title wouldn't himself say he shares the title with another personIt's true that said title is associated with a specific person, but the game is clear that what makes "Big Boss" is the accomplishments. People are attracted not to the person but to the legend. You as a player experience this different from in-universe characters. You got to see Naked Snake's goofy codec calls with Para-Medic about vampires or whatever. The average person doesn't know about that. What they know about Big Boss is that he's the greatest soldier ever who saved the world from nuclear disaster, commands his own independent army, has considerable pull with the United States Armed Forces and so on. Venom fulfills all of these. Whatever distinction lies between him and Big Boss is completely meaningless

>>640241539>Not sure if ESL or you just don't understand the basic premise of the storyYou keep saying that while misunderstanding my point again and again. Why does Venom need surgery and hypnotherapy?

I would like it if it was about Big Boss getting mad at Zero for cloning him and then you create Zanzibar Land while recruiting Foxhound. Also Big Boss' hair turns grayer and grayer throughout the game.

>>640241792>If it wasn't a title, multiple characters wouldn't refer to it as a title and the person holding the title wouldn't himself say he shares the title with another personTell me who refers to Big Boss as a separate person from John and I already explained Big Boss's message. >It's true that said title is associated with a specific personThen everything else you wrote is cope

>>640241756>The world WOULD care if Venom was a fakeNot by the end of V's events>And with no help at all he made something beyond DDs [citation needed]The games never explaining how he did it doesn't mean he did it all on his own>MG2 destroys this headcanonI'm not going to bother refuting this, if you seriously think MGSV was planned from MG1/2 days then you're beyond retarded, pretty much every game has inconsistencies with games directly before or after it, never mind the oldest games and the newest one.>Venom would lose a lot of power if the truth was discovered.I disagree, as I said Venom's reputation would easily equal boss's if he had come out about it>He attracts peopleFor the most part he doesn't, he bests them in combat or out-maneuvers them, they're taken to Outer Heaven and given the option to join. > the lie is for the world not just his soldiersYeah? How does that conflict with what I've been saying?

>>640241997>Tell me who refers to Big Boss as a separate person from JohnMiller and Ocelot in the post-credits sequence refer to Venom as "this Big Boss" (as opposed to Naked Snake). Also Naked Snake himself obviously.>I already explained Big Boss's message. You coped about how Big Boss himself was wrong about who gets to be Big Boss as if you're the one that makes the rules.>Then everything else you wrote is copeOnly if you're too low IQ to be able to distinguish between how someone exists as an actual flesh and blood being and how that same person exists in a memetic sense

>>6402422981. Complete horseshit and its making you sound unreasonable 2.He literally completed Outer heaven with no Kaz or ocelot. Who do you think helped him?3.Obviously MG2 wasnt done with V in mind. Big Boss is a fucking cyborg in MG2. The point is that he is too strong to fight in MG2. Also, you didnt care about what was planned when you used the rocket launcher thing for venom in mg1 did you?4. Again you are being delusional.5. DDs isnt outer heaven and people volunteer because they believe they are following the real big boss. 6. Because you used his soldiers as an example of how unimportant the truth is while im saying that its his soldiers that arent important. The venom lie is for the world

>>6402425571. But thats making reference to the lie you dope. Ocelot and miller also refer to Big Boss as the “real” Big Boss. Something that wouldnt happen if Big Boss was just a title. 2.I never said that. I said that Big Boss is talking about how the world doesnt see them as seperate being since they dont know any better and that that is why they both are thought to be Big Boss. Try understanding the point next time before you try and refute it.3. Are trans women actually women to you?

What's the appeal of playing as a miserable man surrounded by miserable men who, for the most part, all meet a miserable end?

Venom snake is literally called venom snake because he isnt Big Boss. Venom niggers are coming up with trans tier arguments

>>640243049>I said that Big Boss is talking about how the world doesnt see them as seperate being since they dont know any better and that that is why they both are thought to be Big Boss.Nice headcanon, but as you can see here >>640239791, he explicitly names Venom to be Big Boss with no qualifications. He doesn't say "you're no longer Big Boss if people find out your true identity." Because to him, what makes Venom Big Boss is his deeds and the power he gathered, not what he looks like or who people think he is>Are trans women actually women to you?Nice non-sequiturA better comparison would be I think Hitler is probably not the Earthborn demon he is made out to be. Regardless, we are talking about an arbitrary fictional title awarded to some guy for doing a thing and that another guy earned from the first guy by doing other things. At no point does biology or even personality enter into this equation

>>640243259No one even says the full Venom Snake codename in gameAnd for that matter people still refer to Big Boss as Snake in the games between MGS3 and TPP anyway, so completely moot point

>>6402437061. This is an example of you just being dumb and not getting the context of the message. Why is Big Boss calling Venom that? Why is venom using his face? Whats Venoms mission? This is basic shit. Venom is carrying on Big Boss’s meme in the world stage. Thats the reason Big Boss said that. He is acting like someone else. He isnt that person. You really think Big Boss is okay with Venom revealing the double lie to the public? You think venom would still be called Big Boss if he didnt look like Big Boss? Are you retarded?2. Your whole argument is that if you look like a woman and act like a woman then you are a woman.

>>640238497>Would You Like MGSV More If Venom Was Big Boss?Only if he took the Heel role to heart and had a different spin on Big Boss' MO in a way that made the Philosophers/Cipher/Zero vs. Patriots conflict more stark, as in the latter usurping the former in a bid to claim Kardeshev 1 planetary dominance and move toward space exploration and exploitation, picrel

Attached: carl.jpg (699x534, 163.44K)

It would be an absolute masterpiece if the game went into MG1 territory and ended with Venom's death

>>640243885The game refers to venom as Venom and Big Boss as Big Boss. People in game refer to venom as the doppelgänger or phantom and not as the real Big Boss when they find out the truth. Venom is always lowered by those who know the truth.

>>640244105>Why is Big Boss calling Venom that?he earned it>Why is venom using his face? Whats Venoms mission?To throw Cipher off John's trail for Zero's sake. It has nothing to do with the integrity of the title and everything to do with Zero's mancrush.>You really think Big Boss is okay with Venom revealing the double lie to the public?It likely wouldn't matter by the time Venom got the message>You think venom would still be called Big Boss if he didnt look like Big Boss?Absolutely. Naked Snake is a clandestine operative you absolute clown. Do you think most people in the world know what his face looks like? That would defeat the entire point of his profession>Your whole argument is that if you look like a woman and act like a woman then you are a woman.You really are too low IQ to follow this, I am explicitly saying that Venom's appearance DOES NOT MATTER. Remember how Big Boss was a rank you could earn by fulfilling certain conditions in the games before MGS3? MGS5 is just a formal canonization of that concept (as was MGS3). But you're so utterly gay for Naked Snake you might as well be Zero himself

mgsv is severly underrated, i played it about a year ago and it felt surreal and as if i was playing hitman and GR wildlands at the same time but with an extremely well written narrative, world and an autistic attention to detail and great gameplay, both stealth sandbox and combat to bootit deserves way more attention

>>640238497Not really. The English shit, Skull Face, parasites, Psycho Mantis, Sahelanthropus, etc. are all still fucking stupid. Gameplay-wise the world is still dead and empty instead of being and MGS4-styled warzones. So I would've just liked that as much as I did what we got, that is to say, not that much.

Attached: 1655977873256050.jpg (286x405, 54.48K)

>>640244874You are legit retarded lmao. The ending message is that venom acts like Big Boss and Big Boss acts like you. Is BB suddenly you when he goes through surgery and has your name? The whole fucking point of the story is that venom is a phantom. Thats why he is called Big Boss by people who dont know better. Ocelot and miller both call him a phantom because its not a title. If people found out the truth they wouldnt call him by that name.

>>640238773>i like the self insert with no personality betterwhy?

>>640238879>aims using missing eyewhat did kojumbo mean be this

>>640245818If Venom has no personality then I don't either

>>640245818He does have personality though. He's acting out his idealized version of Big Boss despite not actually being him.youtube.com/watch?v=3pEwEzoHKUoThere's also his position of wanting to make a better world for peace, meanwhile the real Big Boss buys into eternal war. And just everything about Venom Snake solidifies Big Boss's downfall into villainy a million times better than "oh no! he shot children as a PMC!", because he's now the one willingly sacrificing the life of a loyal soldier.

>>640238497him not being big boss is more kino and in-line with mgs' schizoid nature and this is coming from someone who hates hideo kojima

>>640245740The point of the story is that Venom carved out his own space as Big Boss through his deeds, once again, in keeping with the rest of the seriesMust I again restate that the surgery was only relevant for the Cipher plotline? Equally, Big Boss is no longer Naked Snake. The person that went into Operation Snake Eater is not the same person that came out of it. His actions changed and experiences changed him into what would become the legendary soldier. Just as Venom's actions and experiences would later change himLiterally every single person that knows the truth still refers to Venom as Big Boss. Yes they use distinguishing words like phantom in acknowledgement that he is not the original Big Boss, but they still treat him exactly as if he was.