Japanese Faux Doco

Hey folks, does anybody know of any more Japanese faux documentary horror films?

I just got finished watching this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5frkgw44IAo&feature=player_embedded

If you get invested into them they are really quite spooky in a different way.

What is vid related?
The movie has no title and no description do you just expect me to watch it for 2 hours without knowing what it is?

Its 1 hr, its as I said a sort of made for tv looking doco about a paranormal investigation.

So you don't even know what it is?
Alright then.

unfortunately I can't read japanese but it has credits at the end

The Cove, oh waitasec, that's a real documentary. Nvm.

He said horror, no one cares about whales or whatever animal the Japs stick their dicks in.

Added to my watch list, looks interesting.

Butthurt all around.

Noroi is ok.

JUST AVOID 'THE OCCULT' LIKE THE PLAGUE. FUCK ANYONE WHO RECOMMENDS IT

I remember this film. It tries to be Lovecraftian but it fails so badly at it. Seriously, the ending of the film is laughable.

Think you're talking to the wrong guy but okay I'll watch Noroi.

Noroi was surprisingly interesting, not much abuse of shaky cam and it avoids the "I am filming everything" by using footage from various sources as exposition and breaks.

This thread is semiinteresting and I want a few more vids

I remember seeing a faux documentary as part of a Japanese horror anthology. There was one vid where they were interviewing the director of Juon in an abandoned building only to be attacked by some monster.

Very hot

This is like ghost hunter ASMR, pretty comfy and a bit spooky.

Hory shit, that ending. Talk about slow burn but the ending made my hair stand.

Occult is way beter than Noroi in every way, man. The atmosphere and acting are both fucking amazing. It's pretty much the only movie that nails Lovecraftian atmosphere. You are the ultimate pleb.

Not the user you were talking to but I thought the ending was laughable. I get that the film is meant to be Lovecraftian but when you see the video from hell and the monsters in it it looks like a cheap music video. Though the director of Noroi and Occult made a film after this starring some Japanese Idol Group. The film is called Shirome. Its very underwhelming.

Watch a documentary about anime

The special effects were shit, yeah, but that's honestly less than 1/10th of the movie. It's like, fucking, 3 minutes in total. It doesn't mean you can throw the rest of the movie (which is incredibly well done suspense) in the garbage just because the ending has shitty special effects.

pretty fucking spot on, actually

Yeah, I was severely disappointed by the ending of Occult- because it actually had a REALLY good buildup and climax otherwise. But the chesiness completely ruined it.

I think it was very comfy and atmospheric until the part from the other dimension which was the last minute of the film, it abandoned the found footage format and didn't quite work. Even if it would have been a super high budget production I still think it would have been better to leave it to the viewer's imagination, just make the footage a blurry mess with loud screams or something and have the characters watch and react to it instead.

Bump for potentially more good Japanese horror

Not faux documentary but there is a Japanese horror film called Kakashi which is about a girl who goes to this town with living scarecrows. Its pretty creepy if you have a fear of scarecrows and inanimate objects coming to life.

Neato, thanks.