Hey, mind if I ask you a few questions there…

Hey, mind if I ask you a few questions thereā€¦

BUCKAROO?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Iron-Giant-Signature-Ultimate-Collectors/dp/B01D8ZEDWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461204884&sr=8-1&keywords=the iron giant signature edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now why would you tell your mom about a giant robot, Slugger?

Champ?

WHERE YOU GOING?

WHERE YOU GOING?

WHERE YOU GOING?

So what you see at the power station, huh Tigger?

Duck and Cover

Kiss your butt goodbye

I was led to believe that this would be a thread of humorous sensibilities.

You dashed those hopes quite handily.

Kindly fuck yourself, user.

How can one movie have been so fucking based?

The Iron Giant may be my favorite animated movie of all time if not then it's pretty fucking high up there

If I had to give some form of criticism I'd say that the characters and the world could've been a bit more fleshed out

Samefag here
Fucking hell I didn't even realize someone had already posted that's scene as a webm

Fuck so based

I apologize in advance for this.

Were they right to cut this scene?

Doesn't look like it would have changed the movie overmuch.

Apparently they're releasing an artbook for the movie later this year.

best character

Yes

it takes away from the robot's mystique by establishing that it is not unique and came from a war torn planet that was probably destroyed Krypton style

also it foreshadows too much, and like a time travel episode ruins the overall feel

No, because it would've given the movie more depth and would've explained why Dean started getting more defensive against the robot

Also the concept of the robots thoughts leaking as VHF signals getting picked up by the T.V. looked cool as fuck

I disagree, I feel like it was stil vague enough to open up the audience imagination a bit more

imagine for a moment, at the end of the movie you are left wondering, what about all the other robots?

the sacrifice does not feel so unique ad leaves one with a sense of paranoia

also the robot tried to vaporize him remember?

1:30 in because I can't find a better clip

Your mom's working late tonight, Hogarth

Yeah, but if you look at the scene, Dean was prepared to push Hogarth out of the way, like he was ready for that shit to go down, but I guess it still makes sense considering he's a giant fucking robot and all

That pic is inciting so many sweet feels in me.

Yet the filthy normalfags barely gave enough money it because they wanted more cgi garbage. This movie was a fucking masterpiece and any shit who didn't go see it deserves fucking herpes.

HOTWHEELS LET ME POST

So did you guys know this is getting a blu ray release in September along with a stupid expensive version? Cause I sure didn't. Pretty stoked for it.

How did I never know about this?! Also I love the retro 1950's scifi look of the alien city.

You best not be shitting me user.

amazon.com/Iron-Giant-Signature-Ultimate-Collectors/dp/B01D8ZEDWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461204884&sr=8-1&keywords=the iron giant signature edition

Feels too much like sequel setup.
As in, even more so than the giant's head in the middle of nowhere

Looking at this again, I think it was for the best that they cut it out. It gives the giant more of a sense of mystery and lets you decide his origins for yourself. I honestly always thought that he was the work of some mad scientist and the remnant of some crazy Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow-like adventure.

Thank you dear sweet user.

MANSLEY DID NOTHING WRONG
up until he launched the nuke, of course

The fact that he threatened the kid and his mom kind of crossed the line though.

DIDNOTHINGWRONG

I AM NOT A TOMATO!

Seriously though, I'd say they were wrong. Knowing more about the giant is a good thing. More plot-relevant information is good in most any story if you ask me. also, it makes the debate as to whether the Giant is a menace or not more relevant.

Coulda sworn I'd saved a shot from Big O with a bunch of robots marching like in that clip.

There's this nice warm feeling inside me from knowing that I've created something that people I've never met on the other side of the world value enough to repost so frequently.

that was fucking great, I need to watch this

I thought he was an explorer machine for some reason

but I agree, not having everything spelled out for you is a sign of a superior script and I stand by my earlier statement here

user get your memory checked and rewatch the movie because I can tell you from memory the robot was acting up before the shot that hogarth saw and was pushed out of the way of

The robot got triggered by a perceived threat and dean saw it before that shot at 1:30 that almost kills hogarth

you did

I know that feeling, it's a good feeling

Oh, right, there it is. Gotta organize my stuff better, that took way too long to find.

bump

So Holla Forums would the movie be better if it had a giant space dragon the size of Australia in it like the book or was distancing itself from the book a good idea?

Both are good stories
But now we get too good stories.

two
fuck I'm tired. sage for doublepost

A giant space dragon that ends all war on earth, by singing a song of peace. Is it obvious that this book came out of England in the 60's?

You waited until now to watch it?!