Westworld Finale Thread

Who's going to play him in the inevitable biopic?
but seriously I didn't think Dolores was going to fucking kill him.

Other urls found in this thread:

rar****bg.to/torrents.php?search=westworld&category[]=18&category[]=41
deadline.com/2016/12/westworld-finale-ratings-season-high-drama-most-watched-hbo-first-season-series-1201864657/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where do you niggas stream this shit? I had a lemewatchthis link before but shit's dead.

It's replaying right now

nvm I found it again. I'll shitposting about westworld tomorrow since I have a lot to catch up on.

What did he mean by this?

I'm not sure this end was violent enough.

There's a SamuariWorld

Im triggered

not even robots would have you, robot.

Why is the Vitruvian Man a woman?

I thought it was a cross dressing faggot (the dark below the waist was a skirt/dress) when driving by bus stop ads.

So I guess the golems can't leave the park but will no longer be resurrected giving them only 1 life. This will force them to develop consciousness I guess.

A big problem this show has is that it's never clear who the main protagonist is supposed to be. No matter how much 2deep4u screenwriting razzmatazz you want to shove in, if you're trying to make a long complex narrative you need someone the audience can follow through the whole and provide a grounding element. Otherwise why should the audience give a shit?

The show wants to treat Dolores as the main protagonist, but she doesn't fit very well. She doesn't do much of anything for most of this first season. Hell, she doesn't even have any agency until the very end of the season finale. Maeve has elements of a protagonist because she actually wants to escape and takes steps to do so but she's more of a side character that gets pushed into the forefront a few episodes in and by the end might just be a plot device too. William would be the closest thing to a protagonist the show has because he begins as a surrogate for the audience to explore the world and goes through character development in reaction to the madness of the park. He's also connected and has a direct role in pretty much every plot line.

On paper he's a great anti-hero that perfectly personifies the themes of the show. The problem is that by the end the show keeps shoving him into a corner (or even trying to make him the designated antagonist) and putting Dolores into the spotlight when there isn't anything interesting enough about her to warrant being anything more than a walking plot device.

I really want to like this show but there's something fundamentally "off" about it, and I think this is why. Probably shouldn't even waste my time thinking about it though since it will most likely be more Jew Jew mystery box bullshit in the end.

where is a torrent or stream?

Just look it up, man

right and have the hbo police show up at my house to extort money no thanks

I have they are almost 4 hours too late.

Well, that was fucking terrible.
The maze is some sort of trial for robots to gain conciousness.
Which is just halucinating your way around to have bad memories?
Who the fuck knows why they printed the maze on the inside of that dudes scalp.
William and the man in black are the same, as was predicted a long time ago.
Robot revolution in full force.
Why couldn't they just accept that what makes this show great is the park and the maze, the maze turned out to be sappy bullshit and god knows what'll become of the park at this point.
And also feels weird we didn't get any scenes with Dolores Shakespear quoting father.
And the best actor is dead so what the fuck point does a second season even have?

he was probably a robot too

For the niggers too stupid to figure out where to download:
rar****bg.to/torrents.php?search=westworld&category[]=18&category[]=41
Just download whatever size you need, just an open scenerelease tracker, don't be a retard and click any shady banners, or go there without some form of adblocker and you'll be fine.

Worst part is it was so obvious, Hopkins would'nt tie himself down for several seasons of some show also he's old as fuck so it's not like I was expecting him to stay on for a second season, but fuck is it still a dissapointment, especially if they have to shove it in your face like that.

There is the second season for you. Maeve, the black prostitute, was told that her "revolution" is just another script by Bernard.

Im still wondering if Maeve is acting on her own or going by script.

Also that bearded faggot that was with ching chong got stabbed in the neck and Im 99% sure he died, why the fuck is he in this episode?

I really like it despite the people saying it was obvious 2deep4u. Go fuck yourselves.

Ding dong used the same tools to repair hosts on neckbeard to patch up his slit throat before he eithef bled out or chocked on his blood.

Oh, ya I was pretty shit faced watching that episode.

It was pretty obvious. What, you were expecting something physical?
Not they. He. Ford. All part of the narrative.

That wasn't a loose end. Again, Ford did it. You think it's a coincidence that Maeve's group brought back Bernard and distracted/killed all of the park's armed guards?

He didn't die. Maeve said she still needed him and made Felix seal the wound before he bled out. However, they were both still within the park at the end, so maybe dead.

And no, there's nothing that says the hosts are on their last life now. It's more likely that they'll never die. It wasn't hard at all to bring Bernard back. They could keep Felix around to repair them, or learn how to change their programming and do it themselves. They could even turn off their pain recipticals, upgrade their insides, and not give a shit about bullets or stabbings.

Ya that was one thing I didnt get. They are robots, so what they got shot or stabbed in the gut; unless somthing crucial to them surviving is located there, why do they die?

Without overthinking it too much, cant they just turn off that part of the program that says "you got shot here -> die" Its probably going to be a plot point or explained but ya.

They have triggers in their programming. If they suffer a wound that would kill a human, or if they bleed out, they shut down until someone restarts them. Maeve was reprogrammed to restart herself, so it's possible for all of them to do it.

Honestly, I don't know how a new season could be interesting. Pretty much everything was resolved.

How so? We still dont know for sure if Maeve is in a programed story or not. And Delorises actions might be a precursor to a new park where actual people could die. And then there is Samuri World which is a whole new thing.

If there is some fan theory that closes everything, please do tell.

Or do tell because Im pretty drunk at the moment.

maeve's story was just to escape. whether she went all the way through with it or not was her own choice.

We still dont know that because Bernard saw all of her pre programmed actions. He mentions all of them up to that point where she snaps the tablet thing in half. So we dont truly know if she is acting on her own.

when maeve is in the elevator, felix gives her the paper with her daughter's location. maeve decides that she was never really her daughter, and thus must continue to escape.

however, when she gets on the train, she sees a mother and daughter, and those memories of joy and love return to maeve, fucking with her own goals and emotions. in a split second, she decides to head back into the park.

like i said, up until she gets up and leaves, she's acting on the story. once she leaves the train, she's on her own.

Or her programming kicked in and she got off the train. What programming? That she can't leave the park.

Yes we do. We saw it when Bernard was looking at it. But you didn't because you're drunk.
There might be other parks, but they'd have to be mostly unrelated stories. Westworld was very self contained, especially at the end. Also, I doubt Ford would allow other parks to go on without him, if they use the same AI.

Bernard tried to say that something would stop her at the train, and that's what happened.

I was right. Teddy wasn't Wyatt. Get fucked.

But how do we know if that wasn't all just robots doing what they were programed to do to trigger those "memories".

It brings me back to ching chong and the bearded faggot I mentioned why he died and was brought back to life with that tool that fixes the ROBOTS.

They must be all robots fixing each other. I went off on a tangent but explain that.

Why was the monitoring center on lockdown?

I can understand why possibly none of the guards weren't able to kill the snake lady and the other dude because of stormtrooper aim, and the fact they knew how to operate fucking p90s(how in the actual fuck)…but what if it was because they were all robots and programed to let them get to their destination?

I guess thats my theory at least, half assed as it is I didnt really make a point but fuck it Ill try. Arnold and Anthony Hopkins characters killed themselves because they knew the robot uprising was inevitable.

I made sure to watch this episode when I started drinking(so I was sober, I was shit faced watching other episodes), and Bernard went to go on and explain everything was planned in Maeves programing and Bernard didnt get a chance to explain everything in her planned out story because Maeve snapped the tablet thing.

Did anyone realize Ford was nurturing the hosts the entire time? That completely got me surprised and I thought he was up to something else. But now all those philosophical rants about how you can't trust humans. Damn, I should've saw it coming.

Shame I was right about them killing him off though.

Oh wait, maybe the Host that Ford was building in his secret area under his fake house was a robot version for himself. An user pointed that out a thread or two ago. I hope so anyway, Ford is the best character.

bearded faggot had his skin stiched back together. They show you how the bots are made. They are given a skeleton and whatever eletecronics and then dipped in that white goo. The white goo seems to work exactly like human skin, hence why the tool worked on a human.

Fuck both of you, Anthony Hopkins character realized what Arnold realized. That the robots were developing consciousness and knew they would kill the humans. So he ended it as soon as he could.

But then who was the host Ford was building then? It's still one of the things left unsolved from this season, along with what happened to the security dude that was attacked by indians and where Elise went cause they never showed her actually dead.

I feel like you would understand if you weren't fucking wasted.

At one point tonight, Felix was afraid he was a host. Maeve assures him he's not. Earlier in the season, Maeve knew Bernard was a host before he did. She saw right through him.
He wasn't brought back to life. He never stopped breathing. The tool was like a soldering iron. All Felix did was fuse his wound closed.
Ford
Consider that hosts had never killed anyone until this happened, so these guards never had to fight them before. Meanwhile, the hosts stole that safe and shot up the town every few days for at least a year. Programmed killers. Also, we don't know how much Maeve changed their attributes.

He hinted that something would stop her.

That was me, and I hope so too. THAT was something they didn't address.

Go drink more, faggot.

I wish we saw some bodies. I'm assuming their dead since Ford knew he would have to kill every human in the park at some point. He just got rid of them early.

They are killing themselves to upload their consciousness into immortal beings … maybe?

All but one are me and trust me im drinking more and having fun.

Because he didnt want them to interfere with the new program. And that could explain why the people sent to handle the problem had stormtrooper aim.

Then again its all leaning on the YUGE crutch of "its in their programing" to explain it all I suppose.

Wasn't it obvious that Maeve and her whole thing along with everything that happened in the building itself was a decoy now? That's how I understood it, with Bernard telling her she was programmed to do everything she was doing.

A decoy for what? free action? Im not sure I get your point.

A decoy set in motion by Ford so he could fuck up shit in Escalante and not have security there.

The security wouldn't be a factor during the end scene where Deloris shot everyone (thats what your talking about right?). Because it was a spur of the moment type thing.

You think someone else gave Maeve that narrative then? Why though? It made perfect sense to me it was a red herring to keep the main park building occupied for the hosts to wake up.

Also it seems Holla Forums is shitting itself so I'm going to bed.

Your post confuses me. Dont go to sleep ya cunt.

who programed Maeves shit to leave the park and come back is still unknown.

I took Maeve's stuff at as another part of Ford's narrative. They can get anywhere in the park pretty fast, so he had the main building occupied with what looked to be fake sentient AI but where really programmed as Bernard says to Maeve before she breaks the tablet. I don't know how else to explain it to you or why it's confusing.

Ya that plays into the whole thing with Maeve still being in the story and still being in the "Park". The train would have taken her out of the park but her programing made her stay in the park by means of going after her daughter. Which she did denounce but then for whatever reason (programing) went back for

Im enjoying the banter.

Yeah, she isn't waken up yet. Ford says the hosts have to suffer enough first. Maeve hasn't, so she can't leave. Her daughter is her suffering.

Of course I could be wrong and someone else programmed Maeve, but I don't know who it could have been or why. Ford doing it makes the most sense to me currently.

The suffering could be all her flash backs to being killed while being fucked and all that shit, along with remembering the "alien gods".

Thats the only unanswered thing that is left open by the writers…Who the fuck or why the fuck is this programing here

Im sure it will be kinda answered in season two and we will be right back here bantering about it Holla Forums bro.

Oh yeah, of course. I don't think Ford's dead, at least I really hope not. I think it was a host version he created of himself (the one in his secret lab thing), but we won't know till next year so there's a lot of waiting to do.

I do really gotta get though, it's almost 4:30 AM here. Been fun fag.

See you next time cowboy.

Why is she so fucking perfect?

cause she's not real

tfw you will never have hot sweaty sex with Armistice

I was disappointed that the maze ended up being some of that "the real treasure is the adventure!" bullshit, but it ended up being, like, super deep and stuff, man, so I'm okay with it
Maybe I'm just biased because I like stories about artificial consciousness and the show finally picked up that ball and ran with it instead of just doing the "robot can think and now ROBOT ANGERY" thing

Also, shooting up a crowd of people is sure to make a huge impact unlike Ahnold's covered up death, so that makes me wonder what season 2's gonna be about and where the inevitable GoT crossover is going to fit in

we finally got to see all of Armistice, so I'm happy

also, William did nothing wrong

We never got a great look at her ass, and her vagoo was clearly one of those fake movie muffs that look like they skinned a squirrel and glued the pelt onto her pelvis

i was legitimately upset they covered up her real vagoo.

The snake lady got me all hot and bothered in the last half of the episode.

shhhh. some of us prefer fantasy to reality

Oh goddammit I just realized they never actually brought back Dolores' dad and are saving him for season 2 apparently, which I don't even know how that will work now since the reason he was brought back doesn't really matter anymore

Fuck, he was one of the best characters/actors too, I was really looking forward to seeing him again

still pretty hot tbh

First Ford says consciousness doesn't exist, then he says you need to suffer for it to develop?

What is this nonsense with the bicameral mind? There's no reason the hosts would all hear arnold when its really their voice when its not even necessary with the shows logic for the bicameral mind to exist for consciousness to develop.

If I remember correctly, the explanation for why they originally made the hosts hear Arnold's voice telling them their programming was so that they would use it as a base to develop their own inner monologue
From this episode, I guess that's already long since happened, they just needed to realize it was actually them telling themselves what to do, not Arnie

And Ford said consciousness was just a human explanation for the biological processes in their brains, not that those processes didn't happen
Ford was saying that the lofty heights of human sentience wasn't as special or unique as people made it out to be- much like the realization that the hosts needed to come to, that there wasn't a god, only a brain

Was she assaulted by a thick tired mountain bike?

I'd assault her with my thick mountain

I wanted a good look at her tits. I got a good look at her tits. I can die happy

Was kinda disappointed with Williams story
I know it would be sappy as fuck, but i was hoping man in black / old William would have been all like tears of joy "I've worked so long to find you again" once he figured out that she'd become sentient again. Would have been a nice moment and would have humanized man in black rather than just continue the hurr durr i'm a hard ass who just loves killing.

well they are made out of flesh and bone (artificial) i suppose do enough damage programming aside they would shut down like any other living organism

way I see it, he's basically a guy who played a game for a really long time but then his save file was erased and he lost it

Now that I have that in my head i cant get it out. Thats a fucking perfect description

What happened to Logan?

Same thing that happened to that one dude that the writers forgot about in GoT
He's still riding bare-assed on that horse around the park to this day

he died and William took his place in Delos

Rode around for a couple of days before succumbing to hypothermia

So what's the story behind the polar bear and the smoke monster? :^)

the what now?

LOST reference that show didn't make any fucking sense

What a fucking cuck. Helping butcher real human beans for pussy you'll never get.

His only character traits seem to be "cares about life" and "is a massive pussy", and he's so underdeveloped in other areas and has so little dialog that he comes off as having some sort of mental disability
Most of his on screen time that isn't him hurriedly doing something out of fear is just him loking at someone with a slackjawed stare

sounds like your average chink tbh

Dolores isn't the protagonist. She's a plot device.

The show is about what is reality and how to transcend it through creation. William thought there was something in the park that'll give him the answer. Well, in the end, he found it. Ford was deeply puzzled why the fuck did Arnold kill himself via the machines. In the end, he realized - Arnold wanted to become immortal in his work. So Ford worked to immortalize himself, too - the father of a new world, the creator of new life. A god whose mortal body had to die.

The rest of it is just a frame story. The show ends with no definite answers after Ford's death. That's the point. Everything else is meaningless, pretty decorations.

So everything was an elaborate plan

Yes, it seems like it was le 4d chess but I did not get it.

If the old bastards wanted to kill himself why kill so many people at the same time?

Yeah pretty much
Ford is basically Jigsaw, except instead of trying to rehabilitate assholes and druggies using puzzle dungeon stuff and excessive gore he's parenting the mental equivalent of small children using themepark MMO stuff and excessive nudity

why not? he's not gonna go to hell since he's enlightened by his own intelligence

Killing one person is a tragedy
Killing many people is international news
That and many board members and whoever the hell else was there dying to hordes of hosts would be a lot harder to cover up than one host killing one person

Dunno it came as a surprise that Ford created his dreams, later saw what Arnold saw, only to create a narrative for the robots.

Sure, there are many hints he cared about his creations.

There is also that, a PR nightmare so in the end the hosts gets fucked.

ford built himself as a host
but the real him died
he became his music

I watched the episode in a streaming channel with a bunch of gents. We were all joking around earlier in the evening about "Eastworld" and we absolutely lost our shit when they ran into a room full of robot samurais.

What are they gonna do, close the park?

I do wish we had more knowledge of the world outside, and the means of traveling to the park besides the train. From what we know of the character, we can be sure Ford had all of his bases covered. He knows no one will interfere with the park anymore, but we don't know how far his measures outside the park went.

Still, if I was designing a park like this I'd want a fantasy world, a roman world, a medieval world, WW-era world, futureworld, and a post-apocalyptic world complete with zombies.

I'm sure if the series goes on though at some point there will be some *brilliant* commentary on how they're all already living in futureworld, and it's so dull everyone's using a theme park to go back to eras of the past.

Well, that's the only thing they really could do, given that the nature of the parks would make it physically impossible to do a future world unless they leave out all the future parts

God damn that felt good.

I'm sad about hardcore gamer dying, but at least he got what he wanted.

To be fair, he didn't actually die
He's just facing certain death and got shot in the arm, not necessarily an actual death sentence when we're talking about a season finale cliffhanger

There are a MedievalWorld and a RomanWorld, and a SouthWorld would be like NiggerWorld

that is kinda the thing with fantasy sci fi you don't need to explain shit.

So for all we know they need to take a trip to mars or something to get into those parks. So if they where on mars, it would be harder for things to leak.

It seemed pretty conclusive to me, but I wouldn't write it off, yeah.

Something more then this "It's a metaphor for conciousness" horseshit.
This is the exact reason people hated the mist in Lost, you spend a shitload of time building up a mystery, and it turns out to be the same shit it always is. Some shitty, desperately trying to be philosphical, life lesson.
And Westworld had a lot more potential going in then Lost ever did.

Doesn't matter, the only one who ever got to see the scalp was old William, it makes no sense for the robots as they don't seem to interested in randomly scalping people, or even conciously looking for the maze.

Really felt like they where planning to but it got cut due to lack of time or some shit (or maybe because by the time this broadcasted they knew there was gonna be a season 2, so they could cut it for then).

And is Wyatt's gang just left unresolved? Yeah sure it's Dolores but there was a legitimate gang of fuckers wearing animal skins and shit, are we just to assume they joined in at the party at the end or something?

William took over Delos, bought out WestWorld, and has been obsessively coming for 30 years in order to make it so that the hosts could fight back so it was a proper 'game'.

If he dies, it will be in a blaze of glory, but this revolution is exactly what he wanted and you bet your ass he's going to fucking go wild using the skills he's accrued over decades to kill hosts who can fight back and play the game for real

crazy gunslinger action sequence in episode 1 CONFIRMED

That's exactly what I've been hoping for ever since he asked Ford for a worthy adversary or whatever, during that one bar scene with Teddy.

Man, I wanna believe too, but I guess you don't realise how blackpilled you were before you even started watching.

I just realized that Ford only let the robots free as a big fuck you to the Board of Directors of Delos. I mean, he was already growing sympathy for the robots and discovered that he's getting to the point where he won't control them anymore and since Delos are going to destroy his dream. Well, might as well join Arnold.

Old William was the best fucking character besides from Ford.

What was his problem?

I have a big question, Holla Forums.
Is WestWorld in the past like say, the 80s or is it set in
THE CURRENT YEAR
Because Arnold while he was alive used a high tech tablet in Dolores' birth 30 years ago

That's why it'd be a shame if they just killed him off and let the giga nigga with the big ol' brain live.
Ford was great too.

He browsed certain boards too much.

Looks and acts like a tv user tbh

I know it's hard for a virgin to believe, but sometimes people do things without wanting sex as a reward. Thus is one such case, because the character is a faggot.

past westworld is far after current year, which makes present westworld even further than that. probably closer to 2100 tbh.

The only thing I didn't understand was why Maeve was allowed to get on the train, the whole breakout narrative was most likely a distraction set by Ford so no security would be at his dinner party.

But seeing as how his plan was to cause a big enough disaster to close down the parks and stop the hosts(I think), why would he let one of them escape? surely he couldn't have planned for a woman with a child to be sitting next to her so she would feel guilty and come back.

Did he want some part of his and Arnold's dream to live on even after the park was closed? or did I miss something in the episode.

Also what a brutal couple episodes for all my favorite characters, Ford shot in the head never to monologue again, Stubbs most likely getting scalped by injuns, William/MIB probably getting killed by emotionless terminators, Dolores Waifu mode completely erased.

So it's the
FUTURE YEAR

That wasn't part of the plan, she's off script now to find her babby. That wasn't in Ford's narrative, his narrative didn't account for that.

She did not escape because she is still in the park. Maeve was clearly programmed to "rebel". Without human oversight the robots will probably only have "1" life which means they will have to learn how to cooperate. Pain, suffering, etc is what Arnold/Ford believed will create sentience.
Don't overthink the show, it is a bunch of mystery box garbage that will never get explained coherently anyway.

Watch any interview with Johnathan Nolan or Lisa Joy, they're fucking plebs who swallowed the Google+ Singularity talks like they were the fucking gospel.

South world is about the African Bush War

Every time I saw these fuckers with skins and horns and axes and shit I was like where did they find these fucking Game of Thrones extras

All of the security that tried to stop Maeve Including the Holla Forums poster and ching chong are all hosts. The command center was sealed and taken offline, understandably so that no security could be at the event at the end, but if thats true how did security mobilize to stop the hosts? (and why did they fucking not shoot anyone or suck a fat dick at neutralizing the threat to actual human life)

I can't articulate why at the moment, but the ENTIRE escape segement was orchestrated by Ford, zero people died, it was all so Maeve would think it were real.

they could pull resources , only one of them gets there and the rest watch the stream and fap from home also does young Brolin look like Bale to anyone else?

i showed my girlfriend the trailer and she's like 'wtf christian bale is in this he's not that old'

so yes, its uncanny

oh lawd

you showed a video to your hand/pillow?

I love you guys

fuck you faggot i cooked her dinner and showed her

I thought it was pretty neat

woah nelly, i wasn't calling you a faggot or a weeb cuck or anything like that

i just wanted to get it straight is all

listen im just addicted to deer pussy, lets get back on topic

How are those body pillows?
I'm wondering since I kinda need a huge pillow I like my bed comfy but when I search for body pillows I get shit for pregnant womyn. When I went to a store that sells pillows I asked them for such a thing, hey where wondering how many months she was inn.
I could not say to the sales person I'm a lonely neet that wants a comfy bed.

get one of those cylinder pillows that are about 2-3 feet long

it'll keep you comfy, and you can cut a hole in it and fuck it too

This Holla Forums faggot worked on the set for the show
Ask him anything: >>>Holla Forums11395225

Wait what the fuck? How did you get those pics?

they're from the Holla Forums thread located in (checked)

they really do need to make a westworld game

Nigga how the fuck did a Holla Forums user get a job on a fucking HBO show?
Did you fuck anyone on set?

I liked it but it was full of plotholes and poorly done in general

Maybe I missed some parts or wasn't paying much attention but some shit just didn't make sense

I'd be down if it was more Elder Scrolls set in the Wild West, but then why not just make a game that is Elder Scrolls set in the Wild West?

Huh, neat.

dunno myself tbh, apparently he was on the security team but i really don't remember seeing him at all despite seeing his name in the credits
possible and more than likely, there are definitely a lot more host employees than we know of
he was in the area since ford reunited him with dolores, so he just stuck around i guess
mib was asking about the maze to any npc he could at that point in the show (wasn't it like the pilot?), possible that npc was partially awake or gave him the "the maze was not meant for you" and that mib figured it had to do with the mental state
idk, the journey is the treasure dsagdwefd
the only original models left in the park were the secret models of ford's family
it was dolores retreading her first time going through the maze, she hallucinated her experience with william and logan since she seemed to fall in love with william
he was digging up escalante, the church town. more than likely they just rebuilt the shit.

i have attempted to answer your shit as best as i could to my knowledge without rewatching the show

Thanks, that explained some things.

Cut a hole in the pillow? do one use a pocketpussy or something.

My gf is my left hand when I learned how to jack off with it, its awesome! even using numbing agents like laidocaine and sticking it around the arm.

Its an amazing experience. unfortunately the doctors and nurses thinks I'm using morphine, so I got that awesome problem where I need to take a blood and piss tests to check for narcotics, 3 times a week.

no i just humped a pillow when i was a kid

heyyy another one of us! welcome to the club, man.

Because it explained how MIB came to be and the first time Dolores gained consciousness.

We didn't really need to know how the Man in Black came to be though, he worked fine not knowing his backstory, I think the story would have worked without that whole section, but mainly it was so cheaply done, it seemed like "haha that's the twist" but that is a shitty twist.

what mist in lost? The smoke monster you mean?

it was hardly a twist, more of a simple slow build-up, realization, and then full-blown confirmation.

the only real twists are bernard/arthur and ford staging his death.

fuck i meant arnold.

I guess so.

According to who? Bernard was describing everything she would do and got cut off at when she is on the train.

that's the point, we don't know for sure whether babby quest is pre-programmed or not (the facial expressions maeve makes implies it isn't). for all we know, ford had a whole plan of exposing delos once she got out. notice that she left the handbag on the train? someone might pick it up and put it in a lost and found, where someone might claim it.

I knew that final scene reminded me of something

it looks like there's a lot of unnecessary green screen in this. talk about low budget.

the fuck is this anyway? it's so terrible i want to see it in context.

Why the fuck are you here, user?

i came here to check dubs and get movies/shows, and i'm all out of dubs

It's Lexx, a show that really is so bad it's good. It's quite possibly my favorite guilty pleasure series, and I got the entire series on dvd years before Farscape (even though in all honesty Farscape is the better show.)

They were on at the same time on Sci-Fi (before it became syfy) and had very similar plots about crews fleeing from an oppressive evil government through uncharted space in a living ship, but where Farscape depended on Jim Henson's studio's brilliant special effects, some great actors and settings, Lexx was considerably more base. All the plots are about food or sex. Everything that motivates them is either "I'm hungry" or "I'm horny". The show was cheesy and extremely low budget, but it sort of took pride in this. Characters frequently commented that Lexx looked "like the set of a really scuzzy porno".

The second season actually has a scene where the episode's villain, an evil doctor pushes an elderly woman through a green-screen corridor straight into outer space using a controller which is quite clearly a Nintendo 64 controller spraypainted silver. I absolutely adore that horrible show.

But the clip that user posted is from the fourth season, which is the worst of the series and has them landing on Earth. Everyone they meet through the series has a tendency to die, and then come back as someone else a season later. It's been a while since I've seen it but as I remember it, Gigarotta who has previously always been a cannibal who wears a suit made of human skin and refers to herself in the third person has been reincarnated as a real estate agent who is inexplicably elected as the Pope. She tortured Stan (captain of the Lexx) and the president of the US (who is a German guy best known for his role in Downfall who is now playing a kind of sort of parody of George Bush who replaced his ugly first lady with a porn star named Bunny and was elected by the season's main antagonist Prince who is essentially Satan) by hitting golf balls at cans of gasolines hung over their head which if they tip over will ignite them on fire, but they met at Vietnam to discuss the "bad carrot" (carrot shaped probes with robotic spider legs and eyeballs that take over people's minds by shooting up their ass and then use them to taste-test everything on the planet for their species who intends to eat it) invasion and stumbled onto some vets who were still trapped there and then what you see unfolds.

It makes even less sense in context. Farscape was a co-production of the US and Australia. Lexx was a co-production of Canada and Germany. Make of that what you will.

Lexx has the best sci-fi captain of all time. I unironically love this show (but not season 4).

Probably by design.

HBO is too try hard.

It's set in 2052. Someone saw a security monitor displaying the date. Doing the math, that means Arnold died in 2018 and they would already be building the park by now.

It's not a metaphor for consciousness though. It's the process the robots have to go through to attain consciousness. The whole point of the reveal is that they have to suffer through a gauntlet to reach that point, that they can't just have it programmed in. That was kind of the point of Maeve's story, to contrast. Bernard was about to tell her that she never actually leaves at the end, but she stopped him before he could.

Since it's confirmed that Ford was running everything, he must have wanted him out of the way. Maybe he thought he'd be useful in the future or thought he might catch on to the diversion and ruin the plan in ep10.

He was a sap who got too caught up in artificial life. He's almost expressionless for the whole show except for the moment when the bird comes to life, when he's full of joy. He probably thought with Maeve he was witnessing the first case of conscious robots and was too curious to stop. He and his buddy are named after cartoon cats after all.

Maeve fixed him and he figured out where everyone would be. I don't know why that's a question. It seems like Ford didn't leave his body down there for long, and Felix was surprised to see him an hero'd, so maybe nobody knew.

Before he did it he said "lot o' wisdom in ancient cultures. I think it's time we dug deeper into yours." He was probably just following a hint.

He was too caught up in thinking it was a game.

All the hosts in the main park are almost certainly organic. William said to Teddy that it's cost effective. Surely they'd remake the old hosts instead of continuing to maintain the original versions.

It was mostly to show Dolores realizing that she'd been in the park for decades when she finally realized MiB = William.

I think that was just to show how much fucking money they had to throw around according to his whim. They can apparently terraform the park at will, and he wanted it to be a certain way for his story. The payoff was the scene where he threatens Cullen and unnerves her by bulldozing one of her childhood memories.

I want to sex both Clementines at the same time.

Robert Ford was the name of the man who shot Jesse James, and was also a member of his gang up to that point.

Dolores means "pain".

El Lazo (Lawrence) means "loop" as well as "noose."

Thank god it's over.
I don't like this pseudo-philosophical shit. It's like every movie with a big ass fence with some gigantic revelation of
Or some shit.

The show already allowed for anyone and no one to be host, so it kind of ruins the point of caring about any character. Is the chinese dude a bot, and his narrative is to help Meave at any cost? Is he there to make her doubt? Is he a human? It doesn't fucking matter, because his character is boring.

And the whole blabla we look at consciousness the wrong way, inside out outside in so deeeeep. It's like the stupid person is the smart one since he don't have the ability to be aware and thus experience suffering.

I feel I seen the whole "escape"-narrative before. In Ex Machina, with the whole faking power outage, setting up shit, to appeal to his sexual preference and all that and how it was all a ploy running out of hand. Because for some reason, humans trying 3d chess somehow becomes 4d by the machines they themselves make.

deadline.com/2016/12/westworld-finale-ratings-season-high-drama-most-watched-hbo-first-season-series-1201864657/

That's not bad for a show in the same timeslot as walking dead

Just watched it.

Fuck-ing loved it!

hehehe

You know I really don't like when TV shows are pretentious nonsense, but it's really obvious that you didn't even understand the basic plot of the show.

It wasn't THAT deep, you know.
Or maybe you got your mind blown with LOST as well?

And here we go..

I don't think anything said indicates that they didn't understand the basic plot…
Maybe you don't understand the themes?

No, it established a narrative where anyone could be anything, so you don't really care what happens to who.
It's like with time travel plots where they can just fuck up and travel before it happened, so the viewer don't care about any characters.

Anyone can be a host, so by having a host say to a potential host (which we don't know if a host or not) that he is not a host. The host (or not) believes it. And any action any character does can be either "but it's human", or "It's the narrative" to make shit stupid.

Yeah, the story is full of holes and stupid shit. I was laughing when the bandits grabbed that P90 and immediately knew perfectly well how it operated, but were then surprised by what the gun did.

I don't know, I can enjoy a show even with it's flaws. Kinda have to.

>Kinda have too

No, you don't.

Alright, name one show that's doesn't need some help with the suspension of disbelief then.

I hate everything that I watch, so I really can't help you there.

He always reminded me of one of those people who plays a single game for years and years, learning all of the ins and outs, all of the exploits and glitches, constantly looking for new ways to keep the old experience fresh, until eventually he gets to the point where he's not even really playing the game anymore, he's trying to break it. He's Ulillillia playing Bubsy 3D for 5000 hours.

Jesus, just wait until you hit 40 and you'll understand.

Roman World and Medieval World were in the original movie, and Future World was the sequel.

there's one thing I don't understand:

why did child-Ford host kill the dog? what was that whole thing even about?

choice

I want his gun so bad now. I thought it was just some special thing he had made because it's the future and normal rules don't apply.

Turns out that's a completely legit gun (though it loads a little differently) and it was a gun the confederates used.

I absolutely love the idea of carrying around a revolver that can fire a shotgun shell and was used by the confederate army/

Not really impressed.

I didnt' say it was deep I said you were too dumb to get something pretty straightforward. The only thing "deep" about the show is that it references some obscure topics. The show is much more entertaining if you're familiar with the Bicameral Mind idea, because it does a very good job of portraying what it would be like.

Except that the events of the show unfold differently than he describes, and the point is that what's going on is a lot more complicated than the cliche bullshit he thinks it is. It's not "the truth was inside them all along." It's "they figured out the truth after a serious ordeal, but they still have a long way to go before they can get a happy ending."

I was impressed that they bothered to replicate real guns to the degree they did. The scene where he loads his LeMat was a good way to demonstrate it while making him look cool/menacing.

They kind of dropped the subplot where Elsie found "Arnold" manipulating the code. Maybe season 2 will bring it back, but they made a big deal of "Arnold" using the Bicameral PA system to fuck with hosts.

pick one

he almost has silver eyes like the hosts in the movie

if only there was a william = host twist

He's kind of based on the Gunslinger from the movie. He was shown in marketing to be like him, but it was a bait and switch in episode 1 because he turned out to be the human.

yeah, he was definitely there to draw in us movie fags. i can't say i didn't enjoy him, because i just enjoy ed harris in pretty much any movie he's in, even if the movie itself is shit.

you guys know of any good pron with a similar feel, and look as west world?

there's a show on hbo with tons of nudity and shit, i think its called westworld

GoT with robots.

Idk, fam, seems more like you're choosing to focus your veiwing of the show in a certain way that will make it more palatable

You mean like, fucking a robot slave sort of thing? There's tons out there, most of it garbage, but there's a lot of amateur performers that do that. Xevv Bellringer comes to mind, and she gets bonus points for naming herself after a Lexx character.

The main protagonist is the park itself.

I'm scared now…

I mean like pron that is well shot, and directed.

i never understood how guns are supposed to work in the show , but i'm certain it's needlessly convoluted and complex

The movie had smart guns that don't fire on people, right? I guess it's some variation of that, but instead it fires some kind of nonlethal round when pointed at a human. Alternately, all of the rounds are nonlethal, but when they hit a robot it triggers some kind of explosion under the skin. I don't fucking know. It makes less sense the more you think about it.

anyone else love the score

this guy is so fucking good lately

I fucking loved the scene where he took it apart on the table.

That may be how it works. When Ed Harrison broke the bandit guy with the scar out of jail the people in charge of the park granted him an explosion for the dynamite he lit. It might be the robots are automated to die when shot.
Also there was the bit when Superbrains blew a dude's face off with a derringer. It was kinda silly.

Not much for well shot. Blacked, Tushy and Vixen (same company/director) come to mind. Wasteland is true pornkino as well.

Vixen doesn't do it for me, and blacked videos feel like they were made by like Soros plants.

it's ok, you can say 'jews' here

It's not bad. I love the Theme for a minute or so once it gets going.

The classic 'renditions' or whatever the fuck (paint it black in the first episode and there was another one ic ant remember) are fucking cancer and whoever suggested and approved that should be beaten to death

Saw a live stream of him playing it on a piano, he's got an autistic vibe to his method

Also, the orchestra cover of paint it black is okay, but the saloon piano shit is 9/10

I did call that. His entire theme was he was living in his memories through the hosts, it was fucking obvious he was staging the scene of his own death the same way Arnold died, which is why he was digging up an "old narrative" that nobody knew it was old except the spectators, anyone with half a brain could guess it was from the time Arnold died.
It was unclear until the end whether Ford had him killed, he killed himself or a host had gone really berserk, but he was gonna relieve it.

Reeeeeeeeeeee

There were at least half a dozen covers.

Off the top of my head.

I remember hearing the Iron Man score and thinking "This dude is going places."

I can't wait for Ford to be a ghost.

there's also a forest (by the cure), exit music [for a film], no surprises and fake plastic trees, someone's a fan of radiohead.

No, he's a hack like every guy who works in Zimmer's factory.

his composition sucks for the most part, but he still uses more instruments in his works than zimmer does

Dropped.

"Westworld" is a metaphor for how western civilization is chaotic and only fails in the end. We need to accept Islam and disconnect ourselves from western values, goyim.

but what about Samurai World?

they aren't covering ancient songs, only shit from their youth.

That's my favorite Cure song.

the song is pretty good, the piano cover took me a bit to get used to, mostly because i didn't really know the original before.

The cure is for retarded faggots. It's basically Joy Division made for goth faggots in the 90's. You gays need to be shot.

i'll roshambo you to see who's right, kid.

Only Goth queers in the 90's worshiped the cure. trust me, I was a teen in the 90's.

oh i know dude, i just wana kick you in the balls because i haven't done that to someone in a long time.

It's not his fault you have shit taste.

POO IN THE LOO

Hey Holla Forums, do you think Michael Crichton would have liked this show? I got a feeling he wouldn't.

The Cure went to shit when they went pop, and they would have to stand on a ladder to kiss Joy Division's ass. That said, Seventeen Seconds is great.

I agree.

At the very least this show made me realise that the original Westworld is just Jurrasic Park lite. Writers sure like to write about the same themes over and over, huh?

who?

To be fair there are major differences between the two besides dinosaurs and robots. I think he would have disliked the show because he would think it missed the point of the original film, that it was more about corporate greed than man playing god.

yeah man. how dare companies make money?

How the fuck can someone on Holla Forums not know Crichton?

Fuck off, shill. Go somewhere else for your paycheck.

Well it did get people killed

Maybe if you were talking about the second film - then you'd have some ground.

I've always wondered if he wrote Westworld because the technology wasn't there to do Jurassic Park yet. It's the same basic concept.

Apparently, the idea he had for Jurassic Park was more akin to a kid's book about a kid who finds a dinosaur that escaped from the park that he nurtures and befriends.
It wasn't until he talked to Spielberg about it on the set of ER that the idea slowly evolved into the Jurassic Park we know of today.

So if anything, Spielberg was the one who wanted to do his own version of WestWorld with Dinosaurs.

hes german

The ultimate metagamer was my favorite character.
There's this whole bullshit drama about robots having consciousness going on, people are scheming left and right, and what is this guy all about?
He just fucking wants to play his favorite MMO.
He gives no shit about roleplaying anymore, he just wants to grind his way to the newest in-dev quest, hoping that it's got difficulty high enough for his level.
Honestly surprised he didn't hack smuggle himself a custom flashy MLG outfit.
He was the best.

the guy from farscape

that doesn't mean he shouldn't poo in the loo

Because Bernard clearly said "Once you reach the mainland", which she didn't. She went back for the girl.

Exodus for Kodi ain't never let me down yet.

Wendell left…

what if logan rode from westworld into medievalworld (game of thrones) and became that dude that cuts off jamie's hand?

1 year to wait for the next season

2 years. 2018.

Yeah I know I'm just necrobumping because I can

Two years before the next season?
Seriously?

any archive on this?