Best series I've watched in I don't know how long...

Best series I've watched in I don't know how long. It's like if they made GOT in an historical setting without all the gay wizards and dragons and just made it about jon snow.

What remains then?

An actually cogent story with character arcs, tension etc. Watch the first ep and you'll be hooked, guaranteed.

What's the plot?

Set during the viking invasion of england. Hard to describe without spoilers sufficed to say like GOT it's based on a book - so lacks the formulaic, hacky episodic storytelling - and is extremely violent. Protagonist is similar to jon snow in a lot of ways (loses his father, carries a badass sword, has an Ygritte like gf) but feels unique. There's solid breaking bad tier cliffhangers too.

I died of boredom during the first episode

Sounds good. Too bad I haven't watched breaking bad

what did they mean by this?

Breaking Bad was good but at least 1 season longer than it needed to be.

That sounds fucking horrible.

it's okaish. is there going to be a second season?

There is, Netflix even teamed up to do a thing

Goddamn this show is good. One of those where you binge but then stop to ration it because you know once it's over that's it. Never even saw an ad for it either, it's like they hide the actually good stuff so the proles don't watch it and then start demanding better writing quality in other shows. Never recommend anything here because there's never anything to recommend but goddamn this is a good show.

Wow. They were really going for the Kit Harrington lookalike for this one.
I liked it for the most part, except for the ending of the first season. If you've seen it, you should be able to understand how much I hate that stupid nun stronk woman whatever. Really obvious bullshit.

is everyone in it white?

the main characters gf is a slave that the danes brought from a raid on Africa

dropped

Yes

Wat

user is full of shit. It's 100% danes and saxons. Also checked.

This show is fucking awesome. Bernard Cornwell's stories are great. I loved the Sharpe books and films, but I never read his Saxon stories. I'm excited for the second season. Season one was great.

He's lying.

tbh I find Cromwells writing to be too simplistic and almost childish

Just finished it. Part 7 was a little week but other than that A+