Is anime bourgeoisie fun that should only belong in a gulag?

Is anime bourgeoisie fun that should only belong in a gulag?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, watch Code Geass: it shows how only revolutionary anti-establishment movements can actually yield results, since both the reformists and old guard insurrectionists cause its initial downfall.

kys

There is literally nothing wrong with killing 7 billon people. Most of them would deserve it.

Yes.

No.

No. Watch Kill la Kill.

yes anime is right wing nazi shit

Yes, anima is capitalist garbage and the japanese version of hollywood.
Fun? I really struggle to understand how peopel can have fun with that. I have met many peopel who loved watching anime back when i was a university student. It's literally always the same thing, the same characters, the same plot devices, the same fucking cliches, there's no character develolment, there's aren't interesting stories, there's always a vilan, an hero, horny females, awakward asocial males. Seriously…there's so many amazing things out there, there's so many amazing japanese cinema, don't be a lazy ass bastard always watching the same shit with different names. Explore ffs, use the internet!

Why are you singling out anime? How is it worse than anything else?

No, anime belongs to the people

Anime is fully industrialized and "assemblylineized" art. No other is quite there.

Do you deserve it?

Bullshit. That's just as much true for mainstream tv/film, comics, and other mediums. Some studios actually do try to do cool and challenging works and there are still small experimental projects getting worked on outside the studio system. If you actually knew anything about the medium you'd know this.

Kill all japs

Why do redditors hate anime so much?

The foundation of anime criticism is: Man makes anime, anime does not make man. Anime is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce anime, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Anime is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against anime is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is anime.

2D suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Anime is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of anime as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of anime is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which anime is the halo.

Who cares

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway. Just enjoy your big tit moe anime and stop worrying about whether it's reactionary or not

/thread

Anime is shit and anyone who finds salvation in it should kill themselves.

Because they're uncreative human garbage that have been watching Rick and Morty on loop for months.

Anime is decadent right wing propaganda.

t. brainlet that knows nothing about animation in Japan

prove it
oh you can't
nazbol wins :)

Kill la Kill is unironically one of the worst anime I've seen. It's absolute trash with no redeeming qualities, other than the characters are some-what attractive looking. The hype around it is a lesson on how weebs, who are ironically the biggest fans of anime, actually kill anime.

I don't like it. It melts my brain. I can't watch a single episode without cringing hard at how stupid and childlish the whole thing is. I can't take myself seriously after watching it.

I prefer mature shows like Game of Thrones and Rick and Morty.

a lot of anime was cool in the 80s-90s but it has gradually just become largely the same ol moe shit and shonenshit and i dont have an interest in that. i like the more action shows or artsy psychedelic shit, its a good medium that now mainly caters to people who want a virtual schoolgirl loli gf.

I thought the first cour was good and the show dealt with some interesting themes, but the pacing really killed it in the second cour. It's definitely overrated and I think that's the case because most anime fans and those giving anime a try only focus on the popular easy to find garbage. Doesn't help it is also babbies first ecchi series and for some reason people were impressed by that.

Stop watching childish garbage then. I don't understand how faggots watch one or two episodes of a literal cartoon meant to sell children toys or for horny teens to fap and then judge the entire medium based on it. It'd be like me watching the Transformers movies and deciding all American film is complete garbage.

You "deep anime" fags are the worst.

makes sense

Be more selective with what you watch. There is more anime getting released every season than ever and I guarantee more of the stuff you would like is being produced. Too many people look at a handful of shows they like from the 80s-90s not realizing they weren't the norm as most shows back then were similar to the trash anime we get now.

Shit taste.

It's literally TTGL magical girls edition.

Anime is shit. True patricians watch reruns of battlestar galactica.

Can't even call it a magical girls anime. It's a mess.
At least TTGL had decent pacing and mild character development. Everyone in Kill la Kill feels like a stale place holder for some dramatic character arc that never happens. One of the bigger points of narrative tension involved Ryuko finding the resolve within herself to be comfortable half-naked in front of other people. How the fuck am I supposed to get invested in this shit? Bitch, I don't care if you feel shy with your ass half hanging out.

lifestyilism detected

rebbit might be more suited to you lad

You dudes should watch utena. KLK bored me out of watching it by the seventh episode but after watching Utena I felt like I had seen everything KLK wished it was.

If you're on an imageboard and don't watch anime you are a certified Redditor.

fuck off
anime is shit

t. Redditor

Shit taste

this but unironcially

Reactionary or not Toga is love

The villains in BnHA are revolutionary as fuck.

It seems like it's building to where Shigaraki will stop being such a whiny misanthrope and start developing a real ideology. Can't wait for the league to become as based as Stain.

I'd be interesting in seeing the 3x3s of any comrades

The difference is that BNHA actually does something with it

Certified Redditor

Off to Re-education camp

Yes. All fun should be banned.

Good post, very good post.
Sage because this thread should be nuked.

Well, studio Ghibli will be spared the revolutionary dumpster in which all the rest of anime will go.

Other films and cartoons are still produced by a creative collective, not by a literal assembly line, to which the living people are replaceable appliances, like they do it in Japan.

Shiggidy wiggidy

No they aren't. All hand drawn animation is done primarily by slaves in worst korea (even enlightened liberal shit like Korra used them.) The only """animation""" that isn't made that way is awful computer shit like Reddit and Morty.

go watch black lagoon. then when you finish go watch wolf's rain.

also this :

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Universe

Production process for tumblr's favorite shitty cartoon series "Stephen Universe." Sounds pretty assembly line to me.

I dunno if it's bourgeois but I know that it tends to attract retards like nothing else.
No wonder things like "le anime right" exists and Holla Forums and Holla Forums are filled with weeb retards. You definitely can't be smart and enjoy watching annoying girly cartoons of silly girls at the same time.

Also I forgot to say that the time you spend watching those crap is time that could have been better spent reading some good books instead.

wrong shitposting flag

I know this is autistic but the the misspelling of Russian triggers me

No, as shitty as the anime industry is, it does cost way less in production than any Western TV show or movie so you can get more experimental and avant-garde anime. There's a lot of anime with radical leftist sympathies like Kill La Kill and Psycho-Pass. You just have to look past the seasonal moe and shonenshit to see the good stuff.

Let's be real, as much as I love her Toga is a serial killer. Now i think she's already mellowed out a bit in the manga but until she she gets her shit together in that aspect she is at least a little villainous.

What do anons think about the gruesome twosome?
Personally I think Toga and Twice have made a good team so far and I like there dynamic.

Saved

Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime tbh. Just read any of Inio Asano, Kengo Hanazawa, or Douman Seiman's stuff. Even the shit that has been adapted to anime looks much better when it's on paper.

Books>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comicbooks for teenagers and brainlets.

As a brainlet with tiny attention span i agree.

Honestly who cares? Anime looks pretty and has cute girls. Bordiga doesn't.

*blocks your path*

literally the only good thing that came out of the current arc besides Mirio getting dequirked and Nighteye getting skewered, but that will probably be undone now because of Eri's retarded ability

I know from experience that this user speaks the truth.

Yeah it's the weakest arc so far but I'm still enjoying it because of the Toga/Twice stuff
I don't know if Eri is really gonna be used as a mcguffin

Can I not read both? Don't tell me you never watch movies or play games.

Have any of you guys read Homunculus? It has some really interesting chapters on a character with Gender identity issues that made me really think about "I bet Holla Forums would sperg out over this shit" also it makes me cry every time I read it.

Stain was a reactionary though.

Doesn't go super deep into it, but Knights of Sidonia explores gender from a more scifi perspective.

Not really sure he wants to go back in a sense but he wants to go back to the idea that being a hero is about saving people and doing great deeds rather than a commodified occupation. He isn't perfect but he never advocates for any seriously reactionary positions.
Can you really say he's a reactionary for seeing all the hardcore consumerism and integration into the status quo hero's have gone into?

Well, the definition of a reactionary is still "someone who wants to go back to the old ways. Stain was even named in the manga as a fundamentalist, so yes, he is a reactionary. He doesn't want to destroy the foundation society, he just wants to weed out the ones who have degenerated it into something undesirable, just like fascists/reactionaries irl. I'm pretty sure that if you go to Holla Forums and ask them about consumerism, they will say that they are heavily opposed to it.
If there is anyone who is truly against the status quo (which can only be in a non-reactionary way), that would be Shigaraki. Even though his motivations/backstory is not clear, his want for destruction doesn't totally lack a goal(if this wasn't true, than he would just go around killing random people and not recruit allies). What he wants to is destroy a society led by heroes. Just like people in the League of Villains, he doesn't do immoral things for immediate material gains or social standing(if he wanted this, he would have became hero), but because of a dissatisfaction with the state of society. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I think that the idea of heroes represents commodity fetishism in BnHA because of the sheer control and regulatory power it has over society and how it breaks up people into classes, thus the true communist choice in this manga would be the League of Villains.

This. In a society that fucking liberal the villains are the only ones who actually make any sense.

Social-Weeabooism is the ideology of the future
Join us in our quest to free all workers and their waifus