Daily News Thread 6/21

High anxiety: Americans among most tense people in the world, survey finds

A decade-long study shows a disturbing trend of anxiety levels among US citizens. Deep concerns of war and natural disasters continue to distress people across the country, the newly published survey has found.
rt.com/usa/393302-anxiety-americans-survey/

Donald Trump orders 4,000 American soldiers to battle resurgent Taliban in Afghanistan

The Pentagon will send almost 4,000 additional American forces to Afghanistan, a Trump administration official has said, hoping to break a stalemate in a war that has now passed to a third U.S. commander in chief. The deployment will be the largest of American manpower under Donald Trump's young presidency.
ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-orders-4000-american-soldiers-battle-resurgent-taliban-afghanistan-1626634

Republican Handel Wins Georgia House Election, GOP Keeps Seat

Republican Karen Handel defeated a well-funded opponent in a special election for a U.S. House seat in Georgia, a setback for Democrats who hoped President Donald Trump’s low approval ratings would help them win congressional races.
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-21/republican-wins-u-s-house-seat-in-georgia-after-close-race

Grenfell Tower survivors will be rehoused in luxury Kensington Row flats

Residents left homeless by the Grenfell Tower disaster will be moved to 68 flats luxury flats in nearby Kensington Row, the government has announced.
ibtimes.co.uk/grenfell-tower-survivors-will-be-rehoused-luxury-kensington-row-flats-1627253

Airport in Flint, Michigan evacuated after stabbing

The Bishop International Airport (FNT) in Flint, Michigan has been evacuated after a police officer was stabbed in the neck, local media report. The airport is closed until further notice.
rt.com/usa/393395-flint-airport-evacuation-police/

READ: Independent group releases new report on Seth Rich murder investigation

DNC worker Seth Rich was murdered in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of D.C. 11 months ago and his killer is still on the loose.
wjla.com/news/local/read-new-report-released-on-seth-richs-murder-investigation

Venezuela dares US to ‘send in marines’ amid crisis, threatens ‘crushing response’

Venezuela has lashed out at the US for trying to forge a plan to address its political crisis, daring Washington to "send in the marines" and threatening to meet troops with a "crushing response."
rt.com/news/393374-venezuela-us-marines-crisis/

Police release dashcam footage of Philando Castile shooting

Philando Castile, 32, was killed during a traffic stop in Minnesota last June. Officer Jeronimo Yanez was found not guilty of second-degree manslaughter on Friday.
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40358348/police-dashcam-footage-of-philando-castile-shooting

US gun laws: Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms

Teachers are being trained to carry guns in classrooms in Colorado in order to protect children as part of a scheme motivated by a school massacre in 2012.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40353408

Russian jet 'flies 5ft from US spy plane' over Baltic Sea

A Russian jet flew within 5ft (1.5m) of a US reconnaissance plane's wing tip over the Baltic Sea on Monday, US officials say.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40346016

Day of Rage protests taking place to 'bring down government' following Grenfell Tower

A series of protests including a "Day of Rage" demonstration are due to take place in London to coincide with the Queen's Speech aiming to give a voice to the "anger felt by millions across the country".
ibtimes.co.uk/day-rage-protests-taking-place-bring-down-government-following-grenfell-tower-1627179

Syrians fear new Raqqa turmoil once Islamic State is defeated

U.S.-backed forces are closing in on Islamic State in Raqqa, but local Syrians who have escaped the battlefield are worried about what comes after the fight.
reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-raqqa-rule-insig-idUSKBN19C1CI

Pamela Anderson offers Macron dinner so she can convince him to offer Assange asylum

Pamela Anderson has invited French President Emmanuel Macron to her vegan restaurant in Saint Tropez to persuade him to offer WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange asylum in France.
ibtimes.co.uk/pamela-anderson-offers-macron-dinner-so-she-can-convince-him-offer-assange-asylum-1627185

Other urls found in this thread:

thenation.com/article/jon-ossoffs-loss-should-be-a-lesson-to-corporate-democrats/
rt.com/op-edge/393259-bbc-pedophiles-need-help-story/
thenewinquiry.com/you-can-encrypt-your-face/
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/automated-transcription/530973/?utm_source=feed
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-21/america-is-now-a-second-tier-country
aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/sweden-farright-plans-gay-pride-muslim-area-lgbt-150728180328656.html
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40350047
thestar.com/news/world/2017/06/20/in-a-secret-room-hidden-behind-a-bookshelf-police-uncover-the-largest-trove-of-nazi-artifacts-ever-found-in-argentina.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP/ED

Jon Ossoff’s Loss Should Be a Lesson to Corporate Democrats

It’s time to bury the Panera Bread strategy.
thenation.com/article/jon-ossoffs-loss-should-be-a-lesson-to-corporate-democrats/

BBC pedophile exposé ignores real victims, triggers social-media firestorm

Although it is difficult to dispute the story's central message that individuals who have a sexual attraction to children 'need help,' attempting to label pedophilia as a 'sexual orientation' crossed the red line for many readers.
rt.com/op-edge/393259-bbc-pedophiles-need-help-story/

You Can Encrypt Your Face

Facial recognition technology turns your face into code that can be archived and traded among strange and suspect parties. Its growing sophistication in the hands of law enforcement poses a particular threat to anonymous dissent. Civil rights groups are already forecasting a near future where police use of facial recognition to track protesters will discourage people from hitting the streets.
thenewinquiry.com/you-can-encrypt-your-face/

When AI Can Transcribe Everything

Tech companies are rapidly developing tools to save people from the drudgery of typing out conversations—and the impact could be profound.
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/automated-transcription/530973/?utm_source=feed

Fucking mierdas

The dems are so fucking retarded. They could landslide congressional races but they think they can actually afford to keep pushing corporate democrats just because Trump is unpopular.

The dialectic is in motion.

it will be more correct to say a fucking mierda

fuck off

I think I found a board for you :^)
>>>Holla Forums

TYBNewsAnon2.0

…not clicking on this, what's happening there?

Now this is a generous definition of different if I ever saw one.

Looks like a man is enjoying a strawberry lollipop, nothing to be alarmed about.

So you won't be joining the roving band to hunt down Bourgeoisie cowards, to smoke them out from their burrows into the snare and into the firing squad? Why are you here?

eat a dick lol
Donald Chimp rubberstamps an order to pour 4,000 more American soldiers into the meatgrinder his predecessors helped create in Goatfuckistan
ftfy
If Dems are sore about this, we should remind them what a great stride it is for wymxn!
wow something they can call turrism that local sources won't report on it's afraid
threaten war with US
US invades
get reconstructionbux
PROFIT
lol Venezuala is pursuing the Grand Fenwick strategy I see
yes, putting firearms in the hands of the sort of petty sociopathic rejects who liked High School so much that they never wanted to leave will only result in good things :^)
it's only war if the balls touch
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the timeline we live in was created by a mildly-autistic middleschooler from 20 years ago, that is the only thing that can explain headlines like this.

expect Holla Forums to loudly btch to us like we're responsible for the star witness in Yewtree mysteriously dying before he could testify and bring down everybody up to the fucking royals, also expect this thread to turn into shit when the assmangled pedos find it.

oh shit too late, here we fucking go, let me try to cauterize it: circumcission should not be practiced.
Useful idiots think the future will be like Star Trek because the Man is shilling Speakwrites, film at 11.

Is there any reason to consider pedophilia as something else than rape? I'd turn a blind eye on fapping, actual violence is the only thing that needs to be legally prosecuted.

okay porky

I'm pretty sure I'm not high right now but I couldn't help but feel high when reading this

kek

America Is Now a ‘Second Tier’ Country

Some 17 others, including all of Scandinavia, outperform the U.S. by a wide margin when it comes to well-being.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-21/america-is-now-a-second-tier-country

If my teachers had guns there would have been many dead kids

aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/sweden-farright-plans-gay-pride-muslim-area-lgbt-150728180328656.html

Which group can be more idpoled?
Amerifats:

Swedes:

I swear, all Western Euro/Anglo "leftists" will convert to Islam if enough Muslims convince them that Islam anti-racism and Islam feminism.

This can only be a good thing. The more blaring contradictions in idpol the sooner it loses its hold

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40350047
This is the largest military in world history folks

This is the fucking country that wanted to start a war with Russia, China and Iran and talked about "limited nuclear exchange". Hillary supporters are to be fucking shot.

thestar.com/news/world/2017/06/20/in-a-secret-room-hidden-behind-a-bookshelf-police-uncover-the-largest-trove-of-nazi-artifacts-ever-found-in-argentina.html

but if our taxes went to healthcare that would be wrong somehow

Literally just "Civilised Country" tier
How unprestigious

When will neoliberalism end?

Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to children. Child rape is rape.

You have no idea of the amount of faith the "professional" demographic has, people who went to college and got advanced degrees are the reincarnation of Chinese Imperial administrators in their navel gazing and refusal to hold each other let alone themselves accountable for their fuck ups.

Any 18 year old can go to college. They just have to be willing to go into large amounts of debt. According to liberals this counts as "access." I really do hate how autistic they are about this sort of thing.

Neither is correct tbh. Fucking and shit (mierda) together are not used in Spanish. Unless Mexican Spanish (pinche mierda).

how did they measure this? I wish we were lower in this case.

You pay for the name on the degree, not the material learned. The whole point of college is signaling, preparation for a given job is secondary. With that said, the outsized cost of education has a lot to do with the lack of existing non-college options for Americans who are not so smart, along with administrative bloat and wasteful departments like critical race theory.

First off, TYVM NewsAnon. You are a treasure to this board.

This provides some support for a hypothesis I've been considering for a while: Some right-wingers aren't innately selfish or bigoted, just scared. Terribly anxious that some invisible boogeyman is going to destroy their way of life and turn the world into the polar opposite of everything they hold dear.

You see this rather often on the far-right, with conspiretard lolberts and Holla Forumsacks being the foremost examples. What do you guys think?

Fear is certainly a conservative emotion.

absofuckinglutely. There's no way this makes it a year before a teacher at least threatens a student with their gun.

That's the road to serfdom.

That's fairly obvious, user. Just look at the policies they often support:
>don't raise the death tax on me and my kids, goddammit! he makes $6 million a year less than the minimum that is eligible for the tax

Many conservatives have a horrible fear of anything threatening them or their world view.

please take this garbage to leftytrash

New threads are not trash you goof.

no

FAKE NEWS!
The flats aren't luxury, they're purpose built social housing that happens to be on the same block as luxury flats. The poors don't get to use any of the onsite amenities like the pool or gym. Pic related. The glass confection on the right is the one containing luxury flats that the Newspapers show you lavish pictures of to inflame middle class jealousy and simultaneously mollify leftist cries for justice. The small brown one on the left is the building the poor people are actually living in.

God dammit can we just fucking kill all the rich already?

SHIT I'm sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I really like news threads. Sorry NewsAnon!

Not OP, sorry for calling you goof.

I was being a goof. I meant to post that in one of the ten youtube-personality-ego threads we have going atm.