Food & Cooking thread

I decided to make this thread after baking recently and thinking of the processed and shitty food that is pushed out and all the produce wasted by capitalism.

So comrades, what's your favourite food? Worst food? Any favourite recipes or personal ones you can share? Any tips regarding cooking or baking? Any questions?

PDF's are two free cook books I found online.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_crusty_83536
joseandres.com/en_us/news/news/view/22/cook/tres-leches-cake
youtube.com/channel/UCpprBWvibvmOlI8yJOEAAjA
youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obligatory:
bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_crusty_83536

too many carbs ITT

Most of my diet is routine. Every day I have oatmeal for breakfast and for lunch I have two boiled eggs on toast. Dinner is whatever my mom makes.

ketofags get out

Yesterday I tried putting pecan nuts

…on a pizza after a friend recommended it. It was surprisingly good.
accidentally posted early sorry

I love cooking but actually only if it's with my parents or with friends. Especially with friends I think it's immense fun. To be the thread a bit Holla Forums-related, I think one of the advantages of cooking yourself instead of pre-packed stuff is you know what you put and and eat.

I'm Austrian and I just simply love Schnitzel or Schweinsbraten. It's in my genes.

almond flour pizza crust is surprisingly good

my favorite food to make in general is hash with kielbasa. if im feeling extra fancy ill throw in mushrooms and onions but if im scraping the barrel ill just use potato and hotdog

To be honest, I've enjoyed goats cheese and salmon on a pizza, so I can't judge.

hell yes

To bad goat cheese tastes like fucking drywall

For breakfast I had steak, eggs, bacon, hash browns, watermelon and coffee. Shit was dank.

anticuchos, pancakes, pizza, honey roasted nuts, chicken and broccoli, aguadito, and onion salads.

pineapple and jalapeno peppers pair nicely on pizza.

Cubed chickenbreast with seasoning, rice and green beans. Also great with curry sauce.
Easy to digest, healthy and easy to cook. Great both for when you are ill, when its hot as fucking balls and in general as a break from heavier dishes such as meaty or starchy ones.

Thin-skinned potatoes in skin, scrubbed clean with the skin on, parted into 4s or 8s, drizzled with sunflower oil (or olive oil, which i am allergic to), covered in finely ground rosemary and seasalt (mid-tier coarse salt), baked in oven for 45 minutes at 220 celcius. Turn over every 15 minutes and reapply a layer of oil.

You keep the essential potato starchy flavour that you lose when boiling, which is really well complemented by the rosemary and salt. The starchy goodness is similar to what you get when you bake potatoes in a fire, but more evenly cooked and not burned. Lovely with mayonaise. Hmmm, mayo. Pic somewhat related.

I don't know, I like a lot of shit. Red Velvet Cake is probably my favorite desert.

Squid or octopus.

Yeah. But not many off the top of my head from work.

Besides protein powder and greek yogurt what are some tasty high protein low calorie foods?

semen

I'm far from being a fan of the left, but I like cooking.

For the modern prole of scarce means:

Nettle and potato soup with a little garlic and salt. Be careful of environmental toxins when picking nettles and for gods sake, wear some fucking gloves I shouldn't have to say that. If you're willing to do some dumpster diving you can minestrone that shit.

joseandres.com/en_us/news/news/view/22/cook/tres-leches-cake
Made this once but skipped out on the cream and replaced it with more rum.

Make some hummus from chickpeas

yea same i want to learn how to cook some RESISTANT meals

I love pasta. I usually have a simple sauce made from tinned tomatoes, basil, garlic and various seasonings. I sometimes have it with green jalapeños and, if I am feeling particularly wealthy that week, pine nuts or butterbeans (butterbeans change the texture slightly which is a nice break from the monotony(I eat pasta multiple times a week because its the only (good) meal I can both afford and have time to make on most days, its good but it gets boring)). My favourite pastas are spaghetti and fusilli (assuming that lasagne doesn't count).

I don't really know, most food I eat is just okay. I don't eat meat, but that's not because I don't like it. I imagine I would despise all the processed shit like canned cheese. In fact I repulsed myself just writing that.

There is a recipe book I'd recommend called The Homemade Vegan Pantry by Miyoko Schinner (please don't turn this thread into a veganism debate) with vegan recipes for things like butter, jam and tofu rather than weird superfood shit so you can stop buying fundamental items from corps. I don't have a PDF so if someone else does and could share it that would be cool.

What is the recipe for love?

thai curry is good and pretty easy to make.
cook some meat and/or hard vegetables in a pan with some oil, then add a tablespoon or two of curry paste(mae ploy is good) and a can of coconut milk(and maybe some stock of some sort if theres not enough) and let it simmer till the meat and such is finished cooking, add a quarter or a half a tablespoon of fish sauce and a tablespoon of brown sugar too. y'can also add any other vegetables that dont cook as fast while its simmering or at the end.
Serve in its own bowl with a bowl of rice, eat them together(ie, bite of rice then some curry.)

Its also pretty easy to make bread in a slapdash kinda way, y'just add a teaspoon or two of yeast to some warm water and add some sugar, enough to know the yeast'll have something to metabolize for certain, then add flour till its the right consistency, let it sit in the cooking vessel until its risen alot then throw it in the oven for a bit at 350 or so and pry it out when its done. Freshly cooked bread is lovely.

its also piss easy to cook fish. Y'just take literally whatever cut of fish you have and put as much salt and spice as you want on the o utside of it then throw it in a hot pan(like, medium or so so it doesnt immediatly burn it without cooking through) and watch it till its done. flip it partway through. In the case of salmon its really nice to put lemon and butter on it when you eat it.

pasta is also fairly easy in this way but other posts have mentioned it I think.
these youtube channels have alot of good recipes, some of which are very easy to follow along
youtube.com/channel/UCpprBWvibvmOlI8yJOEAAjA
youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw

99% of my cooking is cutting up meat, cutting up veggies, and throwing them in a pan until their edible. Stir-fry to chili it's just slightly different ingredients, and I'm so fucking bored of it. I eat out too much because I hate washing dishes and I live in a small apartment with a kitchen just big enough to turn around in with no counter space.