White House briefing entire Senate on North Korea, war potentially iminent

reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-usa-senate-idUSKBN17Q1LR

Last time this happened was in the runup to invading Iraq. Reddit liberals are cheering this as a humanitarian endeavour, once again proving that the only difference between liberals and neocons is that the former are more polite about gay people.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNHdhIE13A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing will happen, Xi and Putin will tell Kim to chill for the next four years.

Reuters or not, the Senate briefing is significant.

It's time the DPRK capitulate to the South and embrace Esports, cosplay, and some of the greatest music + fashion on Earth.

The DPRK is the last bastion of Korean culture. They would never surrender that for a bunch of fake American-produced "culture."

Literally the most persuasive argument for a preemptive North Korean nuclear strike on Seoul that there is.

I hope you're a shill actually, no leftist should be this retarded

jpop is better nigga

Along with Starcraft and MMOs.

Shit… NUKE SEOUL NOW!

I WARNED YOU

North Korea has nukes and would use them in a war against the US. North Korea would be extremly retarted to hand over the Nukes to the US.

Where the fuck are you getting this? All I've seen is tons and tons of "we're all gonna die" nuclear war fearmongering.

Why would you nuke what is already dead?

Yeah all of /r/poltiics thinks we're all going to die.

Fuck David Kim

Holy fugg is it habbening :DDD

If Donny tiny hands decide to go to war he'll bring his lapdogs on asia (south korea and japan) with him.
Say goodbye to your animus because lil kim won't hesitate to nuke america and their lapdogs.

Reuters is less biased than most bourgeoisie media outlets. They are nakedly pro-capital, in a hard-nose, non ancap way.

fun fact, animus means mind in latin

I don't really trust any western media outlet on this, because they are doing this so people invest money in the war industry and what not. If Asians don't report this shit its fake news.

With what?

Because people goose stepping clad in military uniforms, and a populace that believes thier dictator is literally a supernatural being, is obviously the better culture. I'm also sure the accounts given by defectors is also pure propaganda by the west. You're approaching /pop/ levels of cognitive dissonance…

TO END IT FOREVER!

I'm just waiting for USA to get BTFO by Norks worse than USSR did by Finland.

North Korea has preserved traditional Korean culture far better than the South and for what it's worth a lot of defectors have been caught in lies or later found out to have lied about being defectors. This doesn't in any way justify the brutal dictatorship in North Korea, but there is no way the Kim regime can be taken down via force without Seoul and South Korean pop shit getting turned into a bloody smoking crater. The smart thing to do would be following through on the 1994 agreement and peacefully integrating them into the global economy.

Same difference. My mind is nothing but anime.

What's the down side here, again?

did you honestly even read what you typed? not only is that a total non-sequitur, but you neglected to mention that south korea is basically a capitalist consumer cult devoid of any meaningful culture not produced in the US

HI I'M NAZBOL AND I THINK AMERICA SUCKS

we know shut the fuck up already

can you please quit pretending to be a trotskyist?

I'd love to meme about it, but I don't want millions of people to die because the US can't make a single peace deal without getting every little thing they want.

Which flag should I wear, then? Is this better?

/r/worldnews has gone full "wtf I love trump now"

nah

That would be glorious. Let's face it, if people at DPRK didn't liked their monarchs, riots would have spawned in the past and a regime change would have taken place…so it's safe to assume the vast majority of population is happy and will fight to the death an US invasion.
If USA invades the DPRK, it will be a war that will take decades and will drag USA into a very tough financial situation. I think it would be better to invade Syria, they can still start another war and it's easy to win, because Syria is already in chaos. In DPRK, everybody had military training and the army is still the biggest sector of the country.

You know this would be extremely hard though. The difficulties faced by Northerners will prevent them from integrating and they'll remain poor, with high unemployement, possibly discriminated against, etc for decades. Even East Germany still has a notable difference in average income, probably among other things. It would be even worse in an Asian culture because of conformism, "honor culture" and such.

yes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNHdhIE13A

IMHO there won't be any national wars until after the Los Angeles Olympics. It'd be stupid and not keeping with Hitlers playbook for don to start nuclear warfare before securing 'jobs' for the volk.

So how would a war with North Korea actually go?

Hundreds of thousands dead within the first few hours?