Corbyn

what type of leftist is he really?

A common or garden SocDem

a socdem from pre-neolib era, it's always something

but really tho

A trot.

he was probably pretty wild in his youth, but knows he has to play the game and be a center left basic bish

They reallllllllly dont want him to win

Top kek

If things keep going the way they are he probably won't, I know he has popular support but the blairites and media want his head on a pike.

A social democrat.

It's telling just how far right the dominant ideology of capitalism has shifted when social democracy is considered hostile to it.

liberal

Liberal.

funny how centrist parties like the BNP are considered 'far right' compared to the other parties.

Dem soc tbh

A weird mix of Bennite (DemSoc?) and SocDem.
Like Bernie, his policy platform is much more moderate than the man himself. "Reheated keynesianism." was a good summary.

Obvious Posadist.

The entire spectrum of parliamentary politics is centrist.

It's all authoritarian right you mean.

The kind that's about as appetizing as lukewarm gruel.
He does admittedly have some good ideas, but his personality is offputting to most of the British electorate, and his past associations with and praise for certain terror related groups is baggage he won't address.
Which is all the more amazing, since the Tories under May are a fucking right wing caricature.
He should be walking all over them, not the other way round.
It's poli-sci 101 : it doesn't matter how good your intentions or ideas are if you can't appeal to enough people to get elected.

Feels good man

Too good or idealistic for Labour or UK tbh

An UNELECTABLEEEEE one

This

Their square is more authoritarian right. But not entirely in the blue, no.

I had high hopes but hes basically just another Keynesian dupe

that doesn't say much

I was making fun of the Blairites. But seriously I don't expect him to be elected, mostly because he doesn't have the strength to purge his party of disloyal neolib snakes and traitors.

its a quarter his own shittyness, a quarter Blairite Labour being fucking scum and half the media ass fucking him at every opportunity

Socdem in the streets, tankie in the sheets

hes a good old boy

hes a hoxhaist

I think he just likes bunker memes, dude

He's also a third worldist: muh hezbollah and all that.

tbf you can simplify it right down to the kinnock effect.
when will labour learn that you need someone vaguely "normal" looking/sounding who isn't a cunt if you want the party to have any reason to exist at all? literally every british election back to 1974A can be worked out using a simple heuristic:
1. Is the leader of the government discredited by past events?
2. Is the leader of the opposition a total weirdo?

1970: Confusing (Wilson clearly wasn't discredited for long as he'd soon win 1974, Heath apparently wasn't a weirdo 'cos he won. Similarly the case for 1966, though Wilson won as Heath was fresh-off-the-boat as leader, in 1964 Home was discredited, and we won't go back further than that.)
1974A: Heath discredited by miner's strike. Harold Wilson not a weirdo. (Though technically Heath won the popular vote.)
1974B: Harold Wilson in the early stages of alzheimers but not discredited. Heath no more credible than before.
1979: Callaghan discredited by inflation (it was the oil prices' fault but whatever) and the press inventing the winter of discontent almost out of whole-cloth. Thatcher somehow not considered a weirdo.
1983: Thatcher not discredited. Foot's a weirdo.
1987: Thatcher not discredited. Kinnock's a weirdo.
1992: Major manages to avoid blame that was turning onto Thatcher, grey and boring as fuck but not a weirdo. Kinnock actually looks weirdos.
1997: Major discredited. Blair creepy but not a weirdo.
2001: Blair not discredited. Hague's a weirdo.
2005: Blair somehow not discredited (Jesus Christ fuck the British electorate they get what they deserve.), Howard is a weirdo who may or may not have threatened to overrule him.
2010: Brown discredited by 2008 and press. Cameron a posh twat but not a weirdo. Rainbow coalition theoretically possible but spurned by [i]Blairite vermin.[/i]
2015: Cameron not discredited. Miliband a weirdo.
2020: Theresa May not discredited. A fucking horrible witch, a freak and by all means a weirdo, but sadly Corbyn's a weirdo too with the lowest levels of press support since Scottish Independence.

(Actually, May and as an outside example Alex Salmond hit me as examples of people who can import credibility and mitigate weirdness from a position of power, which is another force at play - the same sort of true of Major. Perhaps also true of Wilson in 1974A, as he only won due to FPTP instead of getting a majority of votes in total.)

there is literally nothing wrong with Keynesianism.
(Except that Porky will invariably fuck it over. we need social democracy with porky's face smashed up by the butt of a gun tbh. Maynard Rouge when?)

No thanks I only have one lifetime to waste.

Oh, Labour's a pointless shambles. I'm just saying if it wanted not to be, it should genetically engineer Corbyn's Brain into 1997 Blair's body.
Labour weirdly never seems to have learned this lesson, I suppose because it's so overtly shallow. (Even Blairites really seem to miss that if you put Blair's policies in a weirdo's body, you just get 2001/2005 Tories.)

It makes talk of the centre-ground very tedious. The halo effect means more than the imaginary centre ever will.

he will make stalin look like a fucking anarchist
he even has the lenin hat

o shit forgot to take off shitposting flag

CHOO CHOO