So I know there's lots of stereotypes about Holla Forums not working etc etc which is frequently refuted...

So I know there's lots of stereotypes about Holla Forums not working etc etc which is frequently refuted, but bare with my question
How many of you work full time? Last year I finished university and started casual work. This year I started my first full time professional job… And holy fuck I'm a few months in and I still can't accept that I have to do 40 hours a week until I'm geriatric. Like, holy fuck I finally understand the term "wage slave" - you work, sleep, catch up on sleep, run errands - and god forbid I ever have children. Its a total fucking nightmare working full time, if any of you are still in school/university - make use of your time while you can.
Communism fucking when

im putting it off as long as possible
how much does it hurt porky if you take a huge loan and never pay it back because you kill yourself

tldr version: If you're not agitating for leftism when and while you can, you are wasting your life. I don't disagree.

This. Thinking of going frugal and working part time. Student currently.

Depends on what you class as "full time". I work 4 days a week 9-5 because my boss was "kind" enough to give me Mondays off

It depends on your conditions. Do you live at home rent free/cheap rent? Or hell, super cheap rent in general. What kind of life style do you have/want, do you want to own things later in life (I'm the type that doesn't believe in self sabotage out of some leftist-purity - its like starving yourself because buying food is unethical)
We live in a world - quite intentionally - where it is hard to not have a shitload of sacrifice and work few hours.

Right now I would love that, but admittedly I would say no if it meant I lost 8 hours of pay.

i don't really care about anything as long as I can shitpost and have my basic needs met

Well, like I said, it depends on your situation. Basic spending vs income. Rent, food, electricity, water, gas, hygiene/cleaning products, clothes, bedding, furniture, internet, phone - shit all costs money. If you can afford that and have a certain amount of security in your job, then try it and see how you go.

I work full time, about 8.5h a day, 5d a week. I kinda like my job though. But its undeniable that after commuting, housework, etc., I've only barely got time left to shitpost and jerk off a bit.

same

Full time work + studies. I theoretically work 8h a day but I usually spend 9h there because of lunch and other stops.

Doesn't work like that though; if you want any kind of work say, commensurate with a law degree, you'll only ever find full time positions, or none at all. I could live on half I make, but working half time wasn't ever an option. Would also ruin future pension rights. Liberal society really is a straightjacket disguised as a snuggie.

Being uprooted causes you to crave familiarity. Like an animal in a cage showing repetitive behavior. Ain't the end of history grand?

I'm a job applicant and work as a substitute kindergarten assistant. They need me all the time so I practically work full time. 37.5 hours a week. Moneyflow in this job is shit, it barely covers my student loan, rent, and food. And I try to save some monthly, spend some on contact lenses bi monthly, and spend some on dentistry yearly. And holy fuck am I just barely getting by. I live in a 70s 40m2 meter apartment, my laptop is 6 years old and failing and I can't afford a new one, can't afford a new phone if it breaks. Luckily I have a GF who's a nurse and can afford to keep our car. Can't wait to get a job with better pay, but can't help feeling bitter about spending my life slaving for a wage that doesn't even get me a home of my own.

Also, I'm told to be grateful because I'm born in one of the richest countries in the world.

Can't find work ~ degree?

Oh god do I hate that ideology Porky gives us.

need the pic without the text

After completing college, I had several one-year contracts in the engineering sector along with long periods of job hunting.
I hated every second of it. Sometimes I wish I could just get knocked on the head so I can forget all this shit.

Work was never difficult, it was the sheer boredom of it that crushed my soul.
Some weeks, I provided something like 3 or 4 hours of actual work, the rest was coffee breaks, useless meetings, passing the time on the internet and thinking about how my life was ending one second at the time while I was stuck there.
I don't think it was different for my co-workers, they were hiding from the boss and waiting for the day to be over just like me.
I'm sure that if you cut the weekly schedule in half, the productivity would stay almost the same.

I had to leave my hometown and everything else behind just to get these stupid jobs.
Outside of work, I didn't know anyone and I'm not a social person (I also loath the filth of the city), so I just stayed inside almost all the time.
I think it fucked with my head.

This sector is quite peaceful and not very demanding, so I can't imagine how it is in workplace where co-workers are under pressure or attacking each others.

After travelling for some time, I became a freelancer. For now, it works fine, I can get the equivalent of a part time salary with just a few hours of work everyday (but if I wasn't squatting at my girlfriend's for free, I would have trouble I think)

My communist friend makes fun of me because I'm going exactly where our masters are pushing us, a uberised society of independent workers who can't protect themselves.

Bachelors in psych (not clinical) and sociology. There's work, but I don't have work experience in the fields…

This is why I quit my job and just decided to be broke and work here and there, have enough to pay rent and just get by. Working 5 days a week is ridiculous. As if I'm going to spend the majority of my life doing shit for someone else. Not even something helpful or good, like building a hospital for someone else, just making someone else rich while you sink more and more of your time. Fuck that. I only have 80 years

Just finished university. Still living at home because can't even find a fuckin job in this town and too much debt to move away. I would kill to wagecuck my life away at this point.

I feel you gomrade

That's it?
a lot of places want a hell of a lot more than 40 hours a week these days, especially if they even bother with full time employment

Every single one of my friends hates work and many start studying just to stave that off(based European student support). Very few like their jobs and these are the ones in high tech, highly education places or social jobs where you actually feel like you help people. The number of leftists in social jobs, youth organisations ect. is astounding, many of them do it so they can do something joyful but still demanding. Which capitalism ruthlessly exploits by paying them like shit. I really come to hate the stereotype of the lazy leftists, even being student and also being active in organisations is demanding af, if you work fulltime and then still have the power to organise and help people then you are a goddamn hero.

I've deferred university three years now and I don't think I'll get away with a fourth.
At this stage, with what I've learned politically (in particular wage stagnation) I think for psychological reasons the only way I'll ever work is if I intentionally retard myself. (Something I half consider doing anyway.) so that I don't have to think about the unpalatable implications.

Given western wage-stagnation and the like, I honestly find it preferable to die than to work harder for diminishing results. Particularly given I've essentially got everything I want (that money can buy) already and things are merely acceptable. I mean, why fight to keep it?

There are actually other factors to why I've never worked, such as most jobs being people-facing service sector stuff, something I couldn't do even if I was zealous about working, since i'm that peculiar brand of autist who's clearly not "retarded", but wound up less socially functional than the unambiguously mentally disabled in turn by getting all meta in trying to figure shit out. For this wonderful box of failure, I'm on a one way death march (well, lie-in-bed) to my self-imposed killing field. (Or institutionalisation at 30, but something tells me that's not an option for someone as technically-functional as I am.)

I kind of wish I lived in a proper totalitarian society where I was ordered around at gunpoint. The fact our dystopia has smiley faces painted everywhere and the lie of social mobility is still spouted actually makes it more miserable than if we were in an unambiguous state of decay. (As reams of earnings, equality, quality of life, political engagement, etc data can all show - we are.)

I've got a mixture of friends, some with degrees, some without. I don't know if I'd describe any of them as being very happy. Those of us in menial retail jobs are miserable with our work because you're treated like human garbage. Those with degrees are slightly better off materially, but that seems like all they really have. They go to work, do their jobs, and come home to take refuge in whatever consumer interests they have, video games, anime, etc.