Is he /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=A3uNIgDmqwI

Is he right? Does capitalism need to be saved in order to keep it from devolving into fascism? Is the left unequipped to challenge the rise of post-capitalist fascism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0
criticallegalthinking.com/2013/05/14/accelerate-manifesto-for-an-accelerationist-politics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, but Zizek was right that Varoufaggis did everything he could and did the "right" thing in Greece, because it not only proved that Peter Pan-style heroism is incompatible with capitalism and the Troika and he revealed just how far it will go to keep Greece in the derelict state it is in: youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0

Golden Dawn are getting their shit pushed in m8.

It's an hour and a half clip too, can you sum it up or give me some good times to listen to? Or is it all worth a watch?

I think it's worth a watch.

At the very least, he sounds sincere.

I suppose we're making progress in some sense, at least.

This guy has convinced me to support the EU, so I'm going to remain wilfully ignorant of whatever you link leads to, because I don't want him to convince me to save capitalism either.

He's my only guy.

Watch it if you can. He makes some good points and wants to save capitalism from imploding until the left presents a viable alternative and rebuilds itself.

Accelerationism can't be stopped

No alternative is ever good enough when neoliberalism has convinced everyone that their only options are the status quo or 100 gorillion and that capitalism is just muh free markets.

accelerationism is a meme
all thatcher and reagan did was drag everything to the right

That's the problem. There is no leftist vision on what is to be done. The fascists at least have a vision.

What vision do they have? Their projects are vaguer than ours.

And that vision collapses faster than even tankie empires, because fascists are retarded.

kill all darkies.

Well, if you're talking about things that broad then we, too, have a vision.

Democratize the workplace, free the public apparatus from the influence of capital and make public initiative cover as many social functions as possible.

Saving capitalism is not in our interest,
but devolving it into fascism is even more not in our interest. It usually does as a self-defense mechanism, when communism is rising
But now it just does and it will be bloody, because if aut-right can't handle anything but they will blame everyone else first.

Here's the thing though. They never listen to lefties. Whatever warnings leftism has issued always came true. We are great at hindsights, always were, but it didn't prevent us from being slaughtered.

Accelerationism is not a meme, it's just poorly defined. If you understand it as an ideology that aims to worsen the material conditions of the people as to bring about revolutionary potential, then yes, I would agree it is a flawed ideology.

However, if you understand accelerationism as the opposite, as the ideology that seeks to bring about the material conditions that make a communist revolution possible, it is actually quite rational. In this context accelerationism means to implement and remove state control of the market where it makes sense, not to bring about an ethical capitalism mind you, this is not social democracy, but as to speed up the historical stages capitalism must move through before it can be overcome.

No. Actually study history you silly fuck.

Not an argument.

Capitalism never innovates by its very nature of doing the cheapest thing possible for immediate short term profit. Every innovation has come about because people decided to invest time and effort into making life better for someone. It's everything capitalism stands against.

Do you have any kind of example of this?

To a certain extent any form of Leninism.

criticallegalthinking.com/2013/05/14/accelerate-manifesto-for-an-accelerationist-politics/

Observe the world around you you fucking simpleton.

Not an argument.

You're a fucking retard actually promoting SocDem-tier rhetoric.
Markets are the most efficient way to organise production man has ever found.

Sources please.

Page 200-209, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith

No u

What in tarnation

Wat?

Fascism is the ultimate conclusion to the logic of capitalism. The far right is way more consistent, than socdems and liberals who attempt to weld capitalism to incompatible humanist principles. If everything is subject to economic calculation, even human life, then fascism is just another valid profit maximising strategy. The infrastructure for 21st century fascism is already here, a military industrial complex that makes the Reich's seem tiny in comparison and digital technology that allows for a level of tracking, valuation and classification of human life beyond the old totalitarians' wildest dreams. The utopia of neoliberalism is ultimately a paradoxical 'fascism without hate', where there is no discrimination except for the inhuman dictates of the political economy. The problem is, fascism works better with hate.

I just finished the video. I really like this man now. He is definitely /ourguy/

Yanis is based.

I refuse to believe this is unironic. >>>Holla Forums

yes, accelerationism might bring about a future we don't want, a new dark age (I could be wrong too). The phase-state of the socioeconomic system even if it can be predicted by a deterministic model, it still is wildly chaotic, meaning a small change in initial conditions can lead to far reaching results (see the butterfly effect for an extreme example). We need to make sure that the left is ready to take on these burdens, otherwise we could face a backlash. I guess this could include building a mass-line a la Mao, but I don't pretend to have the answers.

No true tankie would bring that revisionist filth here.
REVISIONIST DETECTED