HOW TO BE EDGY: """IRONIC""" Shock Jock Tells All!

youtube.com/watch?v=5cTWayZrhmk

How to become Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/553FUlDf0n8
youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4
youtube.com/watch?v=5cTWayZrhmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sincerity is the new counterculture.

Sincerity is great.

Is it even possible to break the vicious cycle between edgy too-cool for school irony and Rowling-tier post-ironic liberalism, where your so committed to "openness" that you try singlehandedly boycott-bust symbolic anti-Zionist efforts cause OMG DATS SOMETHING VOLDEMORT WOULD DO?

I'm downloading this vid as more proof the Alt-Right is fucked in the head.

Thanks user

Honestly, the first step for me was finally getting over a lot of the anxieties I used to have back in my "ironic" phase. I still have them on occasion, but they're not nearly as intense.

After that, the most important milestone was finally realizing that I'm not a beta loser like I thought I was. I realized that people seemed happy around me. That I was smart, sociable, at least mildly attractive; despite all the hardships, I'd done wonderful things with my life. Knowing that, being ironic and edgy would simply be lying to oneself.

If you're looking for something to show to people, look up some TED talks on Cognitive Dissonance. In a nutshell: People try to minimize distress, and one mechanism to do that is for your superficial words and actions to (re)shape your personality. It's the same principle as when people say "fake it till you make it".

they already accept this, and don't give a shit.

criticizes irony in favor of sincerity while beeing ironic and criticizing a stereotype. lame really.

we can go for real new sincerity. Treat both polyps retardation and liberal irony with serious attitude so they have to step up the debate. If we take a serious unironic posture we will look the most mature out of the politicaly engaged millenials. And than maybe become apealing to some normie proles.

Post new sincerity videos

youtu.be/553FUlDf0n8

That's potential right here

The problem with the Wallace blanket call for sincerity to defeat cynicism and irony was that we live in a world that believes it's past basic morality, ethics and principles. So people can only be sincere in defending the status quo which is what happens ala Zizekian ideology. People think they're above everything but in their private moments they pride themselves on shallow "ideals" that affirm qualities already in play.

youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4

Like this guys idea of sincerity is basically people giving a fuck at all. The world he believes is an improvement is an even more shallow one than the irony he finds to be a problem.

When people say things like this I ironically given the nature of thread cant help but laugh internally and sometimes externally.

I dated an autistic (real not figurative) woman once and she told me "The turning point in my life was that I had to realize I really am a great person." As she said it she adjusted herself to look more poised and confident. I started laughing uncontrollably at the absolute over positivity of her statement but I managed to hide it as a coughing fit.

I have an equally as bad social disorder, but I never felt the need to have a Hallmark moment where my life turned around and the sun started shining in my life.

That's nice. So can you tell me why that's funny?

A few reasons.

The idea that life has turning points is funny. Almost ideological, people see their life as a fictional story where they're the star, with drama, twists and turns etc. I think people believe there is a false permanency to their emotional states, a kind of emotional context from which they will never have to cross again. Like the end of a movie. I think this is delusional, but maybe in some peoples cases it is a necessary delusion.

Over posittivity in general is funny to me. Maybe the irony of the age has internalized itself a bit in my attitude, but I could never say such shit and be serious about it. The opposite extreme can be just as boring and played out, but going head long into the pursuit of happiness would not suit me either. I found the one area in which I'm a boring ass centrist.

sounds accurate

He will always be the commander to me.

The difference between us and them is that they, the aut-right, neolibs, etc, don't really believe in anything, therefore they have to hide behind all their layers of irony for acceptance. We actually believe in something, and therefore can take on the mantle of sincerity.

So that is why American comedy TV shows have been getting worse.

Good

we need a dialectical synthesis of irony and sincerity

Sounds fun, kind of been considering doing the same.

ISHYGDDT

"Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man."

-Dune

MDE fans are the worst

Who gives a fuck you're all nerds with no friends hahahaha

I live like the opposite of this, I feel like life is static and there are no turning moment. Life isn't lineal and time isn't lineal eaither
But yes, thinkng that life is a narrative line is an ideology

>youtube.com/watch?v=5cTWayZrhmk
Please webm this video

Now, that's just mean. :/

Bump

So I finally saw OP's video and I hope no political videos pop on my suggestions after this.
And reading the stuff on this thread how can we be sincere and use sincerity as a weapon?

I think Irony has legit replaced religion as the ideological tool for making existence less painful for people