Farming / Harvest Moon / Rune Factory Thread

Which Harvest Moon is the best one?
What mods make Stardew Valley tolerable?
Which Rune Factory isn't shit?
What version of Farming Simulator is GOTY?
Is Staxel any good?
Who is best waifu?

Harvest moon ………64………………………… is best harvest moon.

All of them.

What is rune factory 2?

Definitely not 3 or 4 because the former doesn't let you marry the best girl and the latter doesn't have any best girls

Any of the games that include Elle, along with any game that includes Ann is also an acceptable answer

If a game needs mods that aren't bug fixes then the game is automatically shit

All of them, Rune Factory is a great time waster and I still pray that the series will get a continuation

All of them, simulator games are patrician in taste when you're bored or want to relax

Haven't tried it yet, watch some gameplay videos or something and decide if you can see yourself sitting down and playing it

Elle now and forever, Ann is fine too

one thing i liked about 2 was the rivals.
reminds of the times i cucked rick by stealing karen.
that and the rivals lets you filter out the sluts.

Rival marriages an rival children was the only reason I played animal parade unfortunately, it takes forever without cheats. I heard it took way less time in tot.

It's why the latest SoS / bokujou games are kind of shit. They've decided to throw away any sort of simulation like you're actually living in a small village, instead the village revolves around you and will stay static unless you do something. Also casuals didn't like getting their girl stolen when it was clearly their own damn fault for not being alpha enough.

I thought they started to add candidates that didn't have any rivals for betas though.

Holy shit, I'm not sure I can handle the older mechanics anymore, MOSTLY items evaporating when they hit the ground, fuck, I've been spoiled by them staying okay. Have I turned into a casual? Admittedly maybe I just need to play it long enough to get back used to them.

You've turned into a filthy casual. Once you drop it, it's gone.

Magical melody it had a little timer before droped items dissappeared.

Yeah, I guess I just need to get used to that shit again, I've been spoiled by the new games too much.

Holy shit, my phone makes me sound like a dumbass.

is there a handy chart or infographic fo harvest moon or rune factory?

Gamefaqs.com

What do you mean, like suggested games and orders to play them or something?
Personally I'd suggest starting old if you plan to play the older ones, some gameplay improvements added later can make it hard to go backwards; that being said, the older ones also have a lot of charm, so you might be fine no matter how you play through them.
RF is essentially harvest moon + fighting and stat mangement + managing monsters and such. It's far broader than HM's focus on farming, of course, but still does a good job of having good farming. If you intend to play the older RFs, play them first, as a lot of QoL small stuff can make it hard to play them after the newer ones.
ALSO: avoid the newer ""Harvest Moon"" games made exclusively by Natsume, they're not really HM games, which is now "Story of Seasons". This doesn't matter up until the recent 3DS ones, though, you can find out more about this if you dig a little bit.

tl;dr version: you can essentially play whatever you want, just watch out if you can get bothered by missing QoL stuff.

Wasn't Tides of Destiny bad compared to the other previous Rune Factory games? 2's slow ass pace is what killed it.

Did anyone pick up the Rune Factory trademark yet?

Harvest Moon 64 is still the best. It's hard to believe the hacks at Marvelous couldn't figure out what made it so good after over a decade of shitting these out every 6 months, but it's true.

Wasn't Back to Nature good? Even though it was pretty much HM64 in an alternate universe.

It was good, but the movement controls are limited to 4 ways.

It's bad in that the farming is gutted to almost non-existence, but I believe some anons like it despite that.

No, it was basically a jumbled ROMhack of 64 with really bad controls.

3 and 4 for sure, can't speak on the rest. I should pick up my playthrough of 4 again.

What if rune factory
But instead of completely unrelated action combat mechanics, it was pikmin style shit, with flower breeding and such

Well, you can grow those sword flowers that fight for you and stuff, if that counts.

Friendly reminder that the new Harvest Moon games that are coming out nowadays aren't actually by the same people.
If you want a good farming game you need to go with Story of Seasons

Or just stick with Bokujou Monogatari

Disregarding waifus and combat etc., which game has the best farming/ranching gameplay? I really like A Wonderful Life but once you start selling fruit tree seeds, everything else becomes fairly obsolete.

Friendly reminder that it doesn't fucking matter because the "same people" who made Story of Seasons were the same people shitting out garbage with the name Harvest Moon on the title for ages.

Friends of Mineral Town arguably has the most refined mechanics of the series, it's just a shame the stealth developer they farmed it out to forgot to make it a game (give it an ending with goals).

Shepherd's Crossing focuses more on the farming and ranching while doing some hunting.
But like user said, HM 64 is GOY. Magical melody, friends in mineral town and back to nature have some or improved mechanics that 64 has.
Rune factory 3 and 4 are the only good rune factories.
You can try the HM Wii titles, they are passable, but too easy.
Of course Tractor simulator blows all this out of the water.

this

Are there mods make it tolerable?

no

Is there cucking in that game?

there is not a single thing or person in that game that dont cuck you in some way or another

How do you figure? I got a wife in that game and she's never done anything besides help with the farm, enjoy her hobby, and sit around the house.

all the girls are washed up whores or used goods and some will even cuck you

I really want a more recent and expanded Harvest Moon game of some kind (or Rune Factory) but it seems everything in that niche was made years ago with the one exception of Stardew Valley which is indie pixelshit that only became successful because the goddamn well is so dry in this genre.

I went for a good girl instead of a rainbow haired liberal stain on the town.

For reference, which girls weren't thots and what mods are must haves?