Dark Souls Remastered

Putting aside all of the shitposting over the years, Dark Souls is a game that most of us enjoyed and put a lot of time into.
How do you think QLOC will change it? I don't know anything about what changes they make to their ports/remasters, so I can't say if they'll fuck it up or not. Here's what we know so far:

What other changes do you think will come? What changes ought they make? Alternatively, post shitty greentext about how they'll ruin everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1156555/b8821d542a/
8ch.net/vp/res/11082.html#11089
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they should've remastered a good game like demon souls.
i even had a normie friend say that they should remaster bloodborne (shit opinion, but still)

I only care about cloth physics.
If those are being added to the dark set, and capes/plumes stop being exclusive to the enemies, I'll get it.
If it won't have denuvo or any other bullshit at that, I'll buy it.
But otherwise there is no value in it if it's just fancier textures.
About netplay I don't give a fuck, it's still pretty functional as is.

Do yourself a favor and kill him. Even better do us a favor and kill yourself while you're at it too.

I hope it's playable with mouse and keyboard, like 2 and 3 are. That's all that is keeping me from playing it.

I give it a solid 80% chance of them ruining parrying

But it IS playable :^)

I don't know why, but I was scared of parrying for the longest fucking time. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge risk/reward for that extra riposte damage, but after mastering the parry in Demon's, I went back and decided to try an exclusive parry spree with the Silver Knights. It helped that they use the exact same animations as the blue-eyed knights.

Nothing really worth paying for except a couple of months of active multiplayer in places that aren't the forest or township.

Dark Souls is best played with summoned people you will never see again, making you feel even more alone.

Should make it more difficult, after playing Demons for so long as it was an all time classic, I was able to beat Dark Souls on SL1 first time around.

Dank Souls is a meme game

it's surprisingly easy, I think the animations in dark souls are just slower so you need to adjust to those first. It comes off as risk/reward, and it kind of is, but it ultimately becomes reflex/reward. It's easy to pull off and trivializes a lot of encounters in the game.

so is doom and dwarf fortress

It wasn't when it came out.

What I think is going to happen is that they are going to push the entire game into the Dark Souls 3 engine, rework the entire covenant system, change common enemy textures and models, and """""""fix""""""" the poise system. Things like Lost Izalith and The Great Hollow will not be touched, The Four Kings fight will still have undodgable moves, and all the issues I have with the game will still be there.
The issue with FROM is that they make good games but when they stick too long on one series shit stagnates hard, so they won't think too hard about this port and take the easy way out.

Actually yeah I'd like to have DS3 poise system in DS1.
It would finally make it literally perfect.

Fucking why, i actually really want to know your reasoning

No poise isn't a system, it's just lack of poise.

Because DS1 one encourages stats minmaxing and spamming rather than creative builds and smart play. In both PvE and PvP.

It's working as intended i.e. making certain moves uninterruptable instead of all of them.

Parrying does seem to be easier in Dark Souls, but some animations seem so fucking off and so slow that it looks like they were there to deliberately fuck up parry users. Such as that incredibly fucking long wind up on the sword wielding hollow warriors and the great sword Black K***ht side sweep.

There is poise in 3, it's just weapon-restricted instead of universal so it doesn't serve the same purpose.

So you're for creative builds, but you prefer poise to not exist.

Read my post again, monkey.

You faggots are talking about hyperarmor, a thing that has been all the games since Demon's. And let me guess, your source is that fucking leddit post about poise making fatrolls harder to stagger.

The greatsword black knights are the only things that come close to the sequels obsession with delayed attacks and feints.

There is no poise in DS3, unless you think poise is something else.

Draconic puss puss.

If you like spamming attack button so much without looking at what's your opponent is doing I recommend trying Dynasty Warriors instead.

I'd like them to put in some of the cut content, but I always have that hope for remasters and can't think of one that has actually done it.

That really bugged me in 3 especially. By the time you get to about Sulyvahn you're already gotten so used to delayed attack wind-ups that you come to expect them, which defeats the point.

I'm only hoping for no Denuvo and a stable 60fps even if it's locked. Everything else will be an extra to me.
Absolutely pleb tier user

Dark Souls is best played completely alone or with NPC summons. Easy access to sunbros is one of the worst changes in the other two games.

Do you understand how RPG's work faggot?
To have high poise you have to have high poise armor, which is either heavy armor or hollow soldier armor.
To get the former you have to invest points into upgrading the armor and endurance to be able to where the armor with out encumbering yourself.
And let me remind you dumb faggots who never played best souls, in DaS encumbrance wasn't fucking dumbed down to 70% fat roll 50% fat roll, so getting armor that had good poise and didn't slow you down to shit was important.

Stupid fucking retarded comment made by a fucking monkey.

i've been under a rock for a while, are we really getting a remaster or this is just wishful thinking about an "eventual" remaster?

And it shows

It comes out in May.

What does "remaster" bloodborne even mean? Add slightly better graphics that the system it's on couldn't handle anyways?
Since when do normalfags play bloodborne?

I don't see why we should care about myazaki jumping on the "remastered on switch" bandwagon. When the t0ddler0ne did it we all laughed at how retarded it was, what are these double standards?

Yes I am aware that DaS is not as bad a skyrim but a jewish scheme is still a jewish scheme.

That's the realistic stuff. The optimistic stuff would be

Thanks for solidifying your idiocy.

I bet her headpats are velvety soft.

Wouldn't go that far but they oughta patch in a few things - respec, item refill, player activity icons, vial/bullet refill after a successful session etc.

Ideally, they would make the second half of the game what it was intended to be. Likely won't happen so I'll only ask for the simple things:
Rework the menus to DaS3 style grid and include all of its commodities like auto-refill option.
Being able to use both types of arrows instead of using the button to switch quivers.
Character creator on par with DaS3.
Stat reallocation and character change, even if it's a costly NG+ thing.

I said 'most' instead of 'all' so that you could jack off in the corner without bragging about it, but you posted anyways.

underrated post

I forgot to mention that 60fps was also confirmed.

you claim to be a member of the master race yet you do not utilize the platform's greatest strength which is that it is not tied to proprietary hardware. I will never understand PC users like you.

Have Tarkus throw your dumbass off a bridge you faggot.

I can't wait to see how they mess this one up.

inb4 Gravelord covenant gets removed so then don't have to balance it.

Dark Souls with that new raw mouse input patch is a million times better than playing it with a controller. Controllers are absolutely garbage input devices outclassed significantly by every other peripheral gaming device. Controllers at their absolute best only manage to be sub par, while racing wheels, joysticks, arcade sticks, Mouse and keyboard, all of them are far better than any controller could hope to be. There is no excuse whatsoever for not supporting the default peripheral of the system you are porting a game to. Don't ever be apathetic towards incompetence. I will never understand PC users like you.

I just want them to finish all the cut content form the first time around.

Most 2D sidescrolling games are best with a controller. I believe the same can be said for twin stick shooters but I don't play many so don't quote me.

This also.

Didn't they already say it's a remaster, not a remake. I doubt any changes other than graphical/technical will be made. Imagine the cries if sometihng is changed to worse.

Damn! The official manga is looking rad as hell.

I sure do love thicc girls!

Okay great, but I think you forgot that you're playing Dark Souls, you know that game where you push a button and your camera is permanently locked to stare at an enemy? Precision isn't the name of the fucking game here. This isn't Rainbow Six. It's also much, much easier to do attacks without locking on using a joystick because that offers way more precision in directional movement than WASD and you need to face the correct direction if you aren't locked on.

While I'm at it:
Every game where movement in finer degrees than eight directions is required is automatically unportable according to your own standards because that is all that digital inputs will allow. Also, kb+m is not the official PC gaming peripheral. Again you fail to see the point.

thank you for your service

Good fucking shit. It's even vidya related. It's even relevant to the thread.

Fuck that was awesome, thanks user.
Maneater Mildred has always been my favorite Dark Souls girl.

The postscript of this also shows that this man has patrician taste in not just Dark Souls girls, but games as well.
Except Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls

God bless Shindol

Nice Mildred dump.

This guy's a retard confirmed. Also, that maneater mildred would be fappable if she weren't as fat. Thanks for the dump, though.

DS2 is trash, get fucked.

I wish they change the blue sign shit. I really liked dark and demons

Da,m this guy has some good taste

DS2 is awesome, especially with the DLC. I'd argue it's better than DS1. DS3 is irredeemable trash. The only good part about it is the Lord of Cinders theme.

when people start believing bait

Be careful. It must be the bait of an enemy stando

You need to be a little more subtle than that next time.

Mark was right, we are being invaded and replaced by cuckchan.

And you're the proof, now fuck off.

He said he wasn't being realistic. Presumably, he agrees with you.

At least bait the hook.

Say what you want about DS2 but it at least had much better multiplayer than 3, even with SM and poise. I can't help but laugh at how stupid 3's multiplayer fights are, every single time.

It's like a version of Souls multiplayer made by little kids who watched their older siblings play the earlier games. Just completely stupid and thoughtless in every aspect.

DS1 was still the best game, of course.

I didn't play much DaS3 PvP. What makes parry spam more effective than it was in DaS1?

I can't be the only person who plays all these games singleplayer almost everytime because I don't like people interrupting my adventure or making things too easy for me right? I mean a little invasion and helping each other out here and there is fun but if it's seriously the biggest draw of the games for you I really have to say you're doing it wrong.

nah, I think the users are declining and the mods are getting more strict combined with people just becoming burnt out after dealing with a small circle of people over the same subjects for so long.

You mean it had better pvp, the multiplayer was worse overall specifically because of SM, which negatively impacted the co-op side of the multiplayer, but the pvp at least had some good mechanics. Unfortunately it was unbalanced shit and the meta revolved around rapiers, straight swords and sometimes curved swords, everything else was at a severe disadvantage.

I play the game offline and then fuck around online once I've killed everything and I'm all geared up.
The online was always a big disappointment for me because DaS had exceptional build variety that got me excited for PvP, but the actual fights were often bullshit/boring for a number of reasons.

dammit, I was almost finished with it.

one of many gay rules that will get you banned

just barely managed to save all the images

Next, some mod will tell us to take it to /vp/ - A dead board.

I agree. But if you thought that's bad it's got nothing on Bloodborne's PvP user with it's even more limited weapon selection and stat types means almost every PvP encounter sets you up with someone using one of four or so character builds that rotated with the updates because metafags spewed their autism all over leddit and then everyone copies it.

You missed out user the last bit was the best part

Also more build variety than the other souls games. I got to rank 3 in the invasion covenent using my stupid fucking naked poop man build

Oh please the Mods are only being more strict because reporting threads has increased. The only reason you think it's a small circle is because you're one of those faggots who can't help but partake in meta threads.

I never posted in a meta thread, I'm just observing things, sharing my own experiences, and also looking at that decline in users.

Okay. Who thought this was a good first boss fight?
With target lock: one can suddenly jump over you and thereby expose your back to the flame breath of the other.
Without target lock: walking backwards while blocking is not an option anymore, so rolling is all one can do. Fair enough, let me unequip some of the starter knight armor so I don't fat roll anymore (why is this even the starter armor if it hampers you so much).
After maneuvering along the edge of the rooftop to avoid a flame breath, I end up getting tagged by it anyway, which leads into an axe swing of the other garg, followed by the next flame breath tick keeping me stunlocked, and this 3-hit combo I couldn't roll out of slowly pushed me back enough to topple over the ledge.
So this was the extent of what I could adjust for, and with that it was STILL a game about hoping I'm lucky enough they don't align in a bad way that can let them punish me for taking a stab in one's recovery frames.

This boss fight is absolute shit, and I did not feel like I beat it with skill, but with a basic strategy and lucky positioning and them missing a few axe swings right over my hitbox. I hope the rest of the bosses in this game are not as frustrating, because the control system itself as compared to DaS3 is already a bitch to fight.

So yeah you do partake in meta threads and/or topics and pretend you've actually seen or even understand what the UIDs even are over the course of 3-4 years. At worst you're not initiated so your ability to even pick up the right ques from people is crippled and everybody is in the right to ignore everything you have to say.

2 is undoubtedly better than 3, but lets not get carried away by saying 2 is better than 1.

never posted in them, I usually ignore them when I see them pop up.

I often felt 3 was just 2 but not technically broken like 2 was.

Post a video of yourself fighting them so I can point out why you suck shit.
Gee, I don't know. It's a mystery.

just look it up on sadpanda nigger, it's always there

That's what I thought when I played it. "Alright, so it's Dark Souls 2 if it wasn't a piece of shit."

I didn't record my ass dying to them, as I did not expect a starting boss in DaS1 to give me more trouble than Champion Gundyr in 3.

Wtf mark, why did it get deleted

*muffled but loud "bip bip, wahoo" in the distance"

exhentai.org/g/1156555/b8821d542a/
This is the uncensored version, which is in Chinese.
There is an english version but its missing some pages, just search maneater mildred.

Well there's your problem.

8ch.net/vp/res/11082.html#11089

I blame Bloodborne for the way that 3 turned out the way it did. I liked that 2 was faster than 1 but at least enemy attacks were properly telegraphed. In 3, enemies will relentlessly chimp out on you for several hits for most of your health because armor is fucking worthless. You're still stuck at Dark Souls speed (which is faster than its ever been, admittedly) but everything else is moving at Bloodborne speed, and that really pisses me off. The Corvian berserkers who wield the Crow Talons in the Ashes DLC are ESPECIALLY guilty of this, jesus christ.

And 2's poise actually worked, even if was a shittier version of 1's. Fuck 3's "super armor."

Goddammit, I kept hearing these fucking games require skill and practice but holy fuck talk about a fat load of faggotry

Then you've never been here for more then 8 months since April was full of meta discussion (like what you and me are doing right now) over the buzz about the pedo hacker deleting Holla Forums off Jim's 2ch servers, you've certainly never been here for 2 years since meta shit is impossible to avoid if you wanna know what the fuck was up with the botched switch to Next, and you don't know what a permanent drop to 1700 IP ranges looks like when you so much as sneeze at the wrong time causing the entire site to freeze your browser in a thread with more then 50 posts (thanks Josh you fucking kiddie diddler). Therefore unless you can make a strong case I'm going to be dismissive of anything meta related you have to say.

CTRL+F poise
As long as they change nothing about that i will be happy to have multiplayer again for a few months

Yeah, getting poise backstabbed by havelfags is going to be great!
Oh wait, no it isn't.

are you retarded?

git gud