Dominions Thread - Spartan Giants Edition

Since there hasn't been a thread in a while, I figured I'd make one.

>Dominions 5.11

I'm still kind of a noob but I really enjoy the game and learning the different aspects. Played Vanheim recently and those guys are murder machines with a decent bless.

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=BrEAkfast88
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84219&hilit=dominions&start=135
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump because why not.

Did this new race come off the Taco Bell menu?

I figured there'd be more interest in Dominions on Holla Forums.

Anyway, what do you do about/with wounded units? Leave them as province defense until they die? Drag them with you?

Depends, do you have a way to get healer somehow?

How do you kill it?

You don't. I lost the screencap from the original thread, but that particular Eater simply vanished from the map after it slaughtered thousands of people.

Wew thats terrifying

You can kill it, you just need to spend loads of gems to do it.
1. Sic a Doom Horror on it. Though this is arguably worse than an Eater of dead.
2. Wish for a Seraph, make it cast Wish for Strength which boosts it's stats. Equip Seraph with enough artifacts to put a museum to shame.
3. An army of Sleepers armed with Ethereal Crossbows.
4. An army of Wraith Lords. Wraith lords being immortal will just rise again after being killed which means you can slowly add more and more wounds on it until it dies.

As for the specific Seraph build, get it tonnes of reinvigoration. This is important as we're using the Phoenix Pyre which gives us immortality as long as the Seraph has fatigue left. We also need some regeneration to mitigate the acid rain effect of the EoD. Since the EoD can't consume the Seraph, it should slowly drain away it's massive HP pool until it dies.

Most factions don't but I looked at the craftable items and there are a few that give healing traits, but they are in Construction 6 or 8, so pretty far up the tech tree.

Yeah, iirc it attacked an underwater province, failed to win in time because its acid rain doesn't work underwater and autorouted.

Honestly, I use my wounded as cannon fodder and make sure they get sent in first so I don't have to pay for the upkeep. Unless I have a healer unit like Hinnom has. Then I have the healer command the unit until it's functional again then I send them back to the front lines.

Too bad the healing item you can forge is construct 6 and requires earth and nature.

No, I meant if a nation had natural healing units, like Hinnom or Arco.
Or if the nation was like Pangea and every unit had recuperation. The strategy is the same.

Dropping screenshots and memery, most of these are from dom 4.

No my point was it sucks that healers are so rare, its better now then it was in dom 5 but Ashdod for example is fucked now.

It used to be you could make an undead based army with them but now that undead priests no longer reanimate you can't do that.
So its Solely there sacreds for early game until late late game when they can start summoning their Maliks.
115 gold giant/91 resources rendered useless because of a lucky hit crippling it.

To be fair, if too many units were able to heal afflictions, curse would be rendered meaningless. On the plus side, curses are now apparently healable via the Wish spell.

Wew, like all curses are just one curse?

There is only one curse in Dominions, doubled affliction chance.
Horrormarks are still unstoppable though.

No I mean Does Wish only cure one units curse, specifically the one which cast Wish or does the Wish cure all curses in your nation or the world?

Dunno, it's only a rumour and I don't even know if there's a command. At a guess, only heals the caster.

RIP CUMSKIN
The necrogod is dead, long live the necromancer?

And you would be wrong considering the amount of players interested in joining our games, and we always get that one nigger who stalls half his turns.

Are there effects which reflect Spartan policies?

Should probably be some blood magic in there somewhere

Another consequence of their culture was that women were in control of a vast majority of the land and wealth and the wealthiest (or groups working together) were virtually equal in influence to the official rulers. This happened as the entire male population was part of the army so died often, leaving wives who would often end up being the heir to the wealth of multiple dead husbands.

Spartans shit greeks.

That was Pythium's pretender was it not?

Nah that's Ermor, I m guessing Pythium's must be sitting in his capital.

What is the best Multiplayer Playthrough of Dominion FIVE right now?
Are any of them even completed? None of my usual Youtubers have finished one.

Vidya Games are for Playing not Watching FAGGOT.

Well, that explains what happened to Ermor army then.

How about you come and join the game next time around?

Hyena thugs are hype until you realize they don't have enough hp to leverage their insanely good thug paths.

The Dominions scene is much more mature than the average YouTube scene so it can actually be comfy to watch an old man play vidya.

Pythium's Pretender is a giant snake, attacking Jotunheim at the moment

Anyway to any interested I am going to host a blitz in 2hours you know where and when I'll keep this thread open and post connection info if there are any newcomers interested.

It will be Early Age and we will use Worthy Heroes, there will also be gold/resource/Research multipliers on as well.

Fucking RIP.

On a side note, the new real time system really makes battles more unpredictable. You used to be able arrange your line blockers to minimise losses, but now it just jumbles into a mad melee like ten seconds in.

Speaking of that, you can't really prevent friendly fire can you?

I've been trying to git gud with marignon, what blesses do you niggers recommend? I generally use the red dragon as pretender for the fire goodness, all I get for blessings are the fire resistance one so I don't kill my knights with the dragon attacks

well you get bonus to F and S blesses so use something involving those.

Fiery Weapons or Awe might be a good choice, though personally you may want to go for a mage bless too since your mages are sacral. Unaging is a good choice which covers Marignons main weakness in it's elderly fire human mages.

So you could take a mage related S buff for cheap, and a Fire Bless for your troops, and still take some good scales and Unaging

I'm not very familiar with Marignon but Fire is sadly kinda shit for mage. Awe is great but better used on SCs or fighty sacreds.

Caster blesses usually includes reinvigoration or far caster. Reinvigorate is never bad on any unit imo.

Also whomever is running MAplsnostale why the hell haven't you sent Arco to AI or at least try to find a replacement in the last thread?

I have a feeling the only reason you didn't, like with Marignon is you want an easy kill. Seriously he was staling for like 20 turns, and now Arco is basically the same it's holding up the game and pissing me off.

Farcasting+Magical finesse.
Then use the fire bless to enhance troops.

Astral has the best blesses for mages.

"Weak nip goblins" my ass.

Illfruad has ruined SC's and thugs.
They're not viable anymore.

Shinuyama is weak because they're outgunned when it comes to range and have no shields, and their best mages are fucking old as shit and so bad that even if you take Unaging they're STILL SUPER OLD WHAT THE FUCK

Not to mention the scaling on summoning Oni's is abysmal as well, playing Shinuyama is intentionally playing with a handicap

I've been wanting to play these games for years now. Where should I start? Are they all the same with but with different makeup, or is there a chronological story like in Homm?

Get Dom5 basically each release is just an improvement on the original. The story is is maintained across 3 different ingame eras of play.

Other than that it's basically open ended as to what happens, but the various nations change through their interactions with others during the Ascension wars as the eras descend.

Get the 5th one and play around in Single Player for awhile, sign up for some email games (there should be some new ones starting soon as the older ones are wrapping up) lose and learn from your mistakes, always ask questions there is a lot of versatility and options in this game when it comes to your winning strategy but some are more straight forward than others

I never figured that regular demon samurai would be that resilient from my earlier games.

Starting an EA email game any interest?

Sure why not I'm not in any Currently I'll take Hinnom

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=BrEAkfast88

New EA game starting up

I'll send in a sec blitzing currently

I will join this tonight if there are still openings

Whomever is Ermor in 8chmiddleage game, can you hurry up? we all know you're about to die anyway

i will join when i decide which nation to play

In as Ur

in as boar fuckers

Here's a Bump;

What do you feel you need to improve on most during your quest for Pantokratordom? As in what do you feel you need to do, to be a better player

i need to get actual tactics other the getting a mass of cheap infantry and marching towards closest target
also using more spells, i always forget to script them

Magic is gay. Steel strong.

Yes spells are important, but I notice an overlooked factor now is casting time.

Make sure you take that into account especially for your big battle spells!

Still need 4 more for the EA game

it would be easier to get people for games if this thread wasn't so dead

My computer is in shipping hell so I must make due while in waiting.

So it begins, the greatest meme of our time.

does anyone have the newest version, 5.13?

You're looking for a pirated version?

yes

Coming up with a name for my pretender.

Army building and choosing a path of research.

I too, struggle with the name game.

Thinking about joining as my first game with you faggots. As I gather it is expected that you play until your god is permanently vanquished and that you do one turn per day?

yes, please also tell us if you plan to quit so we can find a replacement instead of going ai or staling ok?

Time for ermor

Can someone post a torrent/mega link please?

just do a quick search, it's not hard.
it's not like there's a fucking dedicated sharing thread on this very board or anything
also you're not likely to be able to join/play MP games with legitfags as pirates rarely have up to date releases

Still need 3 more for the Breakfast EA game!

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84219&hilit=dominions&start=135
download game, then dl crack, copypasta all the files from the crack folder to the game folder, then play.

In as Agartha

I guess Mekone is bit glitchy.

When are we going to start if we can't fill the last spot in Breakfast EA game?

I believe it will be filled someone said on the /domg/ disagreement that theyd join as berytos so everyone should harass him to hurry up

dischord not disagreement

Ongoing games are dying down by now. Patience.

The game is now started you should find your turn in your email now

Whomever is running Maplsnostale you're pissing me off as a game admin

First of all why the fuck did you think it was ok to let Marignon stale for 25 turns or so, I brought it up before and you didn't do anything to try and find a new guy before it got to that point or atleast set him to AI.

Arcoscephele has been staling for almost as long and now Vanarus and Nazca are starting to stale, do you even pay attention to this shit or are you just letting them stale instead of setting them to AI or finding replacements so it's an easier win for you?

Jotunheim was doing fine as well, but he went AI. Infact I'd say he was in the biggest position to win besides maybe Sceleria but now he isn't playing anymore, he probably got fed up with the game taking forever because of the stalers.

Sort this fucking shit out now, postpone the game until Nazca and Vanarus come back, or replace them. and set Arco to AI
I shouldn't have to tell you to do this again

What? How?

Ctrl+M for the site search spell of your choice

And they'll go apeshit and cast it on a provinces that they shouldn't be casting it on. Sitesearch rituals are also largely shit unless they were changed in dom5.

not at all, the only useless site searching spell is probably Akashic Record because it costs so goddamn much.

But other than that most site searching spells are extremely useful, the best being Voice of Tiamat, Arcane Probing, and Dark Knowledge.

We'll take dark knowledge as an example
You're paying 4 gems for two mage turns move -> search. If you only have access to like, revenants or some other D1 mage, and you somehow have enough gems to spam dark knowledge, then okay but that's still a shitty use of gems and you're probably better off just searching for D1 sites.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, my first turn gamble didn't work out as planned. How did yours go?

Marverni, you nigger.

Well he got niggered out of his spot.

I think he's just a nigger.

Oh well, at least V looks great.

It was going on sale very often lad.

Get it and come play with us

I apologize for the almost-stall.

we need a replacement for Nazca in MAplsnostale

wont wait for much longer, otherwise it will just go AI

Still waiting for voksi to fix his fucking crack. Not gonna buy 5 fucking copies just to play with friends.

Just got the game, finally learned how to play Middle Ages Ulm after three or so attempts at making a bless build for a nation with no sacred units. What are some good mods?

Worthy heroes is pretty standard, it gives all nations heroes since by default only a few have them (or rather an equal amount of heroes for all)

Extra pretenders is pretty cool too but all the extra ones really overshadow the vanilla ones, since they get shit like recuperate and affliction resistance out of the box, or other strong abilities like that, lots of dom summon (free monsters)

Better Arena is good too, it makes artifacts the rewards for winning an arena match, which can make a huge difference. There are also a lot of other ones.

Alright, I'll check them out. Dominions really is an amazing game.

How much dominion should I be shooting for? I want to keep this guy forging items and my forge priests strong but I don't want to have weak dominion.

6 is fine its a good amount.
If you're entering a game though with a nation with typically high dominion you'll want to add maybe a candle.