Helldivers

Just got a PS4 and this was one of the first games I played. Absolutely amazing. The only problem was playing online after my friends left meant I was playing with mutes, 12 year olds or that guy who leaves his mic on but says nothing.

Does Holla Forums regularly play this? Id love to get into some games with anons here.

Also.

I fear for the future of this thread

No

what future? :^)

It's just worse western EDF with some really shitty DLCs.
If you like this shit, play EDF instead.

It's nothing like EDF outside the premise you absolute fucking retard.

Yeah because Helldivers is shit and EDF is not.

There is your problem right there. Get on PC you faggot.

I love both, and Helldivers is nothing like EDF. Are you retarded?

I was about to buy it last year but the absolutely mental amount of DLCs and pricepoint turned me off forever

what an awful, awful comment
Helldivers is sweet for 4p couch co-op, but not really anything else, but it doesn't need to be either.
Considering the absolute lack of games like this out right now, I would definitely recommend this to anyone on this board that has 3 irl friends and 4 PS4 controllers, which is essentially me recommending this to no one because I doubt anyone here meets these specifications

You run around and shoot bugs while occasionally riding mechs and tanks, it's exactly the same you fucking niggers.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/suicide/

Definitely, it's a really good 4p couch co-op, it's sad that there are less and less of those though. Picked it up really cheap and it's a blast with friends. I honestly would not have as much fun with the game if I played it online though, there's something too satisfying about screaming at other people in the same room as you. Even better when shit hits the fan and you do something heroic that saves your buds and the mission.

Holy fucking shit you are the most retarded person I've seen on Holla Forums this week. On goddamn Holla Forums, son. Stop fucking posting for at least a month, you have no possible arguments whatsoever that could possibly redeem the horrendously moronic shit that you just typed.

The last time I played was with my brother maybe two years ago, and it was a good experience save for one thing and I want to know if they fixed it: the cyborg faction (whatever they're called) was impossible to "stealth" missions with, because they would drop the flare-shooting tanks out of the sky right on the edge of your screen, they'd see you instantly before you could even react, and they'd fire a flare for reinforcements. After killing the tank and dealing with the reinforcements, half a minute would go by and the same shit would happen again. It was broken, and it was the only thing that stopped skilled players from being able to complete missions without once ever getting into direct confrontation with enemy squads. It didn't happen with either of the other two enemy factions.

If that doesn't happen anymore I should probably reinstall, it's been a while and it was a solid experience.

Eventually I kinda got tired of enemies seeing me and alerting others when they were offscreen, especially when they just spawn in. I always used the laser weapons scatter and saved some mechs for extraction.

You wouldn't know a good coop game if it came and shot a plasma rocket up your millennial ass

It has been a while since I last played it on PC, but I think I know what you are talking about and it doesn't exactly work like you think it does. The tanks would already be there, you can hear them and even see them moving around on your map, but they would do the drop in animation whenever you got close enough to render them. I never had any trouble with cyborgs outside of the tanks sometimes having some frustrating patrol routes near things I wanted to spread democracy to, which I think I countered by slowly luring them away to other areas somehow.

Learning how to stealth run missions did kind of ruin it for me by making it a different and significantly easier game. It made the highest difficulty missions solo easier than playing the easiest missions with others just because all the difficulty lies in the endless swarms, chaos, and the guarantee that at least one person will fuck up.

Absolute madman, had the PS1port of that game.
It was shit and had a top down view instead.

Hows the PC original?

No, they definitely weren't. They did not exist whatsoever. There were no engine sounds, there were no patrols, they literally spawned at the edge of your screen. Sometimes it was just out of sight, but usually when this particular "bug" or whatever happened, the tank literally appeared out of nowhere just within the edge of your vision. You saw it just materialize, and it wasn't the game simply rendering visually some enemy model that was there all along and just not loaded on deck. That's not what was happening.
Again though this was a long time ago so I'm betting it probably doesn't work like that anymore. I'm not saying that's how it was ALL the time against cyborgs, it happened relatively often on high level planets.

Then I guess they patched it before the PC release as I only played it at launch. If you played it on PC during or after that point and that is how it was, then I have no idea whats up with them, but am still inclined to think you were tricked by the visual bug. I just remember also complaining about tanks dropping in at the edge of the screen and throwing flares, only to later realize it was just a visual bug, as well as tanks showing up on the map as a larger dot than normal patrols before I even saw them. The respawning of tanks after you destroy them was still a thing though, which is why I learned to lure them elsewhere without destroying them.
Maybe someone in the thread could try running a mission and report back with how the tank patrols work now.

Sorry about your game experience, Chaim.

Tough as nails and with five times the weapons, levels or enemy types

All he did was explain how plenty of randoms from the west often do stupid shit in multiplayer instead of playing as a team in a game that demands teamplay, which honestly isn't too far from the truth.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you retarded?

Helldivers is shit though and the devs abandoned it after a single update. They've only released shitty DLC for weapons and shit since then.