Mario & Luigi

This should have been the end of it.

That fucking fight was nuts, especially for a mario game. Music was also pretty good. Shame the mario and luigi games became shit pretty fast after that

1 and 3 are the best ones.
1 is still the best, though.

I agree so fucking much. If not, then at the very least the future games should have kept the cartoony artstyle instead of switching over to the weird psuedo-3D clay style

What makes the first game for me is its unique graphical style. The later games progressively tried to look more and more like usual 2D Mario (same thing happened with the Paper Mario games)

I didn't like three that much, and I can't put my finger on why. It was fine it when I first played it, but playing all of them in a row, everything seemed so inferior to the original one.
And then they raped it with the fucking remake.

Color Splash had some alright writing at times, a pretty solid OST and the best art-style in that series. Not saying much since the core game was trash but it almost had potential.

As I've said, I don't like the homogenized designs. Take a look at Dry Bones for example, early installments of both M&L and Paper Mario had them look unique, later they looked like any other Mario game.

I'll agree with that, certainly. It was a big criticism of the SuperStar Saga remake as well.

the remake was to play nevertheless
gives you a reason to replay it

Is "it's fun" and "I want to play it again" not valid enough?

I hate how expressionless the new models are. Kind of soulless and you can tell that they wanted to go their own way with designing some of the essential characters. They already did in many cases. Also pathetic how they removed Geno. I'd sooner play the original than the remake.

The worst part to me is that they inserted that forced normalfag luigi meme from mario kart 8 everywhere

Wait, they did WHAT?
I remember the thing from Mario Kart 8, and I remember Luigi Dabbing in Mario+Rabbids, but they put stuff in the SS remake as well?

Yeah, he occasionally gets that cunt look on his face in level up screens or when mario's doing something, when the player might not be directly looking at him

Good thing Bowser's Inside Story was the last M&L game that came out before I outgrew my Nintendo autism.

I don't know. Dream Team was pretty fun, even if easy as balls.
The superstar saga remake isn't even that bad.

That's objective shit taste. Compare both final boss themes and tell me what's good about the remake

Gods, I fucking hate this shit.

oh god, it's looks like a Frankenstein between original design and the average design that you seen in main mario titles

Partners In Time was serviceable, though outside of the final boss the whole game is piss easy and they gutted all exploration in favor of muh story. All the other games are shit.

Some sprites don't look that much changed other than becoming "3D" so to speak, but most enemies are just more in line with Corporate Mario. Which sucks because the entire point of M&L was that they were stranded on foreign soil with the exception of some Koopa Kingdom denizens and a Little Italy of Toad paizanos.
My sides, treehouse manages to be funnier when they try to be less funny

It gives you another reason to replay
you can see the differences and compare them
Also bowser's minion was genuinely a good sub story with 5 hours of gameplay

(Checked)
Don't get me wrong, the remake sucks dick compared to the original, which is probably my fav rpg ever, but i expected it to be much worse.

What the fuck are you saying?

I tried playing it once. The endless parade of MINIGAMES wore me down until eventually I couldn't take it anymore.
I did really enjoy the "blow on the microphone to breathe fire" bit, though.

I liked how Dream Team looked at the time, but having two more games take its style and make it even more generic has turned me off of it.

Bowser's Minions was a gigantic pile of shit on par with Mobile games. I expected so much better. Also repeating yourself doesn't counteract his argument, just play the original game again, fuck this Remake garbage.

I don't even mind the new crappy art as much as the fact that everything is smeared with 50% opaque shading that makes Silent Hill scenery look crisp and brilliant.

I really hope someone at ninty who isn't brain dead is trying somewhat to save what's left of their IP's.

Fucking missed potential right there. I want to see Luigi finally snap at all the shit all the characters give him and finally unleash his true power upon the lowly mortals.

I know it's but a small detail but the he's not there anymore makes it feel that much more souless for others

I'm with the guy that the remake wasn't that bad, but it's still not as good as the original and there was absolutely zero reason to do it at all. They should have opted for a 1/2/3 collection instead. Also everyone complains about the sprites, but I think the real sin they committed was ruining the music.

You need to learn to give it up, user.

Bowser's Insider Story really did a lot of justice to Bowser being the protagonist. It's always going to be hard to top that.

Modern Nintendo has been really annoying in this aspect. What was fun about the spin off RPGs was the different take on the established franchise, but now they are determined to streamline everything into the same thing.

Playing as Bowser was hella fun.

i played the remake and enjoyed it. the original game was almost flawless and all I see for most of the game is a transition to 3D. I dont see anything wrong with the new models and I'm being 100% fucking objective. sometimes I think this place just like to be hipster and contrarian so they can signal some sort of "deep" appreciation for vidya.

You admit you don't belong here, so leave already.

A reason to play the original version? Sure
A reason to play the remake itself? It has nothing to warrant that. The only thing the original version needed was a hard mode and the remake didn't even add that

4th entry should have been this.

not an argument.

Your argument is shit.

I felt that the remake as a whole was fairly mediocre.
The updated environments looked nice, but using the Dream Team art style AGAIN was pretty shitty. Updated soundtrack was eh.
Removing the ability to switch Mario and Luigi in favor of position being ability-sensitive rubbed me the wrong way. Touch screen usage was pretty good, though.
Combat didn't need to be changed as much as it was. I appreciate the hammer first strike actually doing damage this time around, but the bros attacks felt way too slow. I also felt that I was dealing a lot more damage than I should, especially in the Chucklehuck Woods where I was killing the Chuck Guys on a first strike during the first visit.

Mario Odyssey gives me hope for the future of Mario spinoffs. During the 3DS and Wii U, they had the whole "Mario must conform to this pseudo-90's mario style" and they really choked down on the amount of actually new enemies and such. Odyssey shows they're willing to do new and different things with Mario again, so we can only hope this applies to the spinoffs as well.

I actually liked Dream team and enjoyed the bit of luigi development it had.

plz better argument for why people purchased Odyssey rapefugee queer.

I'm still waiting for them to do this.

Hipster bullshit that's why.

Only problems with DT are the tutorials and bloated areas. Thankfully they made the tutorials mostly optional in PJ and the SS remake.

Does anyone have the screencap.

What I find so funny about this is that they can only homogenize the designs so far. MLSS was a fucking WEIRD game, with weird sprites. Almost every enemy had a completely unique sprite even if it was just a few embellishments added to an established design. To be *at all* faithful to the original, BM needs to inherit some of that weirdness. It does this kicking and screaming, and the funky stuff looks absurd next to the generic blobs. Just look at the screenshot, some of these new ones look like they were traced from the same sketches the originals were traced from.

Dream Team bored me to fucking tears. Never finished it.
2D sections were a mistake and the worst part of BiS.

I feel the same way.

I'm not sure I can pinpoint exactly what went wrong, but I played the game for something like twenty hours and I suppose it felt like things were moving so slow.

It's also horribly obvious how the story's going to go and the combat feels sluggish. I want an RPG to last a while, but maybe this felt like it wasn't a natural length, because of all of the padding. The game wouldn't even let me play obvious puzzles without wasting a few minutes of my time showing me how to solve what I just walked up to so now I certainly know how to solve the one or other two variations of this puzzle I'll come across in the next twenty minutes.

I just stopped playing one day. I never even touched Paper Jam, but I don't think I'm missing out.

Not an argument.

you wouldnt cry if it were yet another monty python or dr who reference you fucking hipster

I saw better art On Tumblr

I vastly prefer Wario over Waluigi, but why would Waluigi take a backseat antagonistic role? But either way, those are good covers. Mario Bros teaming up with either Donkey Kong or Wario has always been one of the better ideas Nintendo has shyed away from. They didn't learn that there's a market to tap for that despite making BiS. I guess there's Super Mario 64 DS where you teamed up with Wario but there's more potential in an RPG setting.

Royal Relish sounds like shallow waifu pandering, if I wanted another Paper Jam then I'd just go to an alternate timeline where the Wii U was successful.
Shit idea to go around.

Waifufag pandering, and those kind of people are the worst sore faggots because they will never feel an onahole
Wario teaming up, but no Waluigi? They could just bring back that musical sphere from Wario Land 3 where Rudy the Clown gets his revenge.
Good idea, get rid of the yellow testicle and bring back King K. Rool.

I remember playing M&L when I was 12 first and I loved the way the story progressed.
When I've got to Hoohoo University (or whatever it was called) I was practically sure it was the end of the game, it seemed like I've been through so much. And then they pull the Bowletta twist.
I never knew what was gonna happen in general, Cackletta/Fawful were such chaotic characters so that they could jump in and out of the story at any moment to change its direction completely, and it was part of what made the story and world of M&L1 fun to me (that, and the battle music).
Then it all devolved itnto grass world-desert world etc. What's the point in playing an RPG like that? The gameplay is always is, but now the story is just an NSMB-styled progression. I don't get why you would even play it, it seems like a task that needs to be checked out, not a video game.

*the gameplay is always easy

Fuck that give me a Wario and Waluigi game.
You can still have bowser be the enemy but have those greedy assholes accidentally ruining his plans just to get cash and make them Bowser's antagonists.

Truly empty on the inside.

Kys yourself tbh

Fill yourself up with things that don't exist, goyim. Deplete your zinc and testosterone levels to children's characters! Yes, yes!!

I think Princess Peach could work ONLY if she were to team up with Bowser so we have the whole original group. Aside from that, Wario and Waruigi being either the antagonistic duo or the playable other duo might be cool.

Imagine fighting bros technique versus bros technique, refined through all the journey.

Thinking about all the games in the series, i have absolutely no desire to replay PiT or BiS. Superstar Saga i replay once a year and i don't know why but i really want to replay Paper Jam. I just remember liking it a lot because it had actual difficulty, especially when you had to dodge shit with all three of them. Dream Team i liked the Luigi stuff like the giant battles and bro moves but everything else was meh. I would probably start it then want to immediately put it down.

>there are (((anons from poleddit))) IN THIS THREAD who prefer 3d women

Pitiful.

I haven't seen this assburgers since Holla Forums willing to make their own Scooby Doo Spooky Camping.

As much as I like that third idea, if DK was a party member it'd be sort of hard to make it not seem like another Bowsers inside story. Granted, if it was lile two campaigns where one is about mario and luigi and the other was about DK and Diddy that could work. The animal friends could also be used as the special moves with the two unlocking them throughout the campaign. Hell that animal friends idea is very natural now come to think of it.

Fourth pic is great. I miss Miiverse.

I much prefer the idea circulating here where Wario and Waluigi pretend to be Mario and Luigi, but end up actually having to save the Mushroom Kingdom.

i just wanted a Shyguy & Snifit game, don't care if it is a platformer,rpg, tactics or whatever….

This shit basically writes itself. I have not played a single Mario RPG except the SNES original and I would absolutely play the shit out of this hypothetical game.

Bump

Great pics, but cringe don't defeat my point. No one really shat on them other than
I don't even like the princesses that much, but I like the idea of fan service.

You fool no one.

This should have been the end of it.

DAISYFAGS BTFO

worth replaying. i know I posted half asleep, but you could use some common sense.

I don't have the text, but it basically went

This thread has already been posted three times. We get it, things should have been different.

There was a thread briefly entertaining the idea of a Wario Bros RPG fan game.
All that materialized was some characters. I.e. the helper character turns out to be the final boss regaining his power (a piggy bank), the main antagonist is an archeology group trying to protect the rare items that act as mcguffins, A princess peach "Wa-copy" called Princess Lychee of the Washboard Kingdom (which is really just her castle and some slaves) who was using one of the mcguffins to get stronger and prettier until she uses it too much and turns into a monster.
I deleted the colored Princess Lychee art since I figured the concept didn't take off

So I think we can all agree that no matter how you do it, it is impossible to fuck up a Wario & Waluigi RPG

If it's boring or the gameplay is crap yeah.
Since Wario doesn't have a fixed identity outside of Wario Ware, there's more freedom to do whatever.
Then again, Master of Disguise tanked, so he's not perfect.

By “tanked” it was an average game. It’s bad in relation to the past games for sure, but I still liked it a lot in spite of its objective flaws

The only reason people hate Master of Disguise is because of having to draw to change forms, plus the forms were badly integrated in the game. I still liked it as well, it looks pretty nice, if bland in a lot of aspects, the characters are pretty cool, and the only thing I truly hate is that Wario ended without the damn treasure.

Oh good, I’m not alone in hating that ending. Game was pretty decent outside of that though.
Wario Land and WL4 had the best endings.

Waluigi sports all different kinds of helmets depending on the Bros Attack
If it's Waluigi's turn, then he would use some of his sports instruments.

To this day I need to beat Partners in Time. Game is surprisingly hard.

They Did Fucking
WHAT

We could of had this and yet what did we get from Nintendo instead
A Cardboard Box

They buffed the difficulty in the American release so you'd be forced to grind. Working Designs-tier.

Ive been wanting another game where you team up with bowser again like inside story but nintendo keeps doing paper mario or other stuff that just doesn't seem to work.

What I would give to get a game where mario, bowser and luigi all fight in the same line against an army that came to take over the mushroom kingdom, and having bowser bros attacks would be kinda neat to see. or maybe even a kirby crossover where you can use kirbys abilities to change his tactics on the fly.

which Mario & luigi npc would you fuck?

Obviously the Jellyfish Sisters

HOH HOH!

And let's pretend we're developing that game.

I wouldn't have the skills to even be able to pretend

They could probably get away without putting Wario and Waluigi in costumes. The villagers would just think "oh, one of em is short and fat and the other is tall, must be Mario and Luigi" and leave it at that.
I like the idea of the real Mario and Luigi being leagues behind Wario and Waluigi, but I think it'd be funnier if Wario and Waluigi just end up making situations worse, so the villagers hate "Mario and Luigi", so when the real ones show up they harass them.

Yeah, nice fight…
The handheld Mario RPGs just aren't that great. A time-killer but by no means a must-play experience that people make them out to be.

Would you let her invade you?

His artstyle hasn't progressed 10 years ago, they all look like deformed blobs.

Well, go on. Post his other art of her.