Name that game

That one game you played when you were younger that you just can't remember. Your searches in vain, you turn to anons for help.

The game I'm trying to remember is a Vietnam helicopter game that I'm pretty sure I played on Windows 98 or 95. Isometric viewpoint, minimal ui (I think, can't remember), and you flew a variety of helicopters. At first it was only a scout huey or something, and could only shoot from the side I think. Then you could fly a chinook and I think that was side only as well, and eventually you got to fly attack helicopters that had rockets and could fire forwards.

I remember you could blast civilians as well, and level there houses with machine gun fire. There were night missions as well.

I know that's vague, but any anons know the name of that game?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefabrique.com/storage/screenshots/genesis/desert-strike-return-to-the-gulf-03.png
helicopterplay.com/screenshots/desertfire-1.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Search & rescue vietnam med evac maybe?

Nuclear Strike, or one of the other games in the Strike series.

It was a game that looked very similar to GTA. You could rob shops, banks, etc.
There were 2 types of police forces. Though there could be more, but I only saw these two:
1. Blue police
2. Green police.

I also remember that shooting people caused a massive blood spray. Blood fucking everywhere.
To this date I cannot find the game. I remember playing it on some old computer when I was young. The graphics looked pretty advanced for the time too.

similar to gta 1 and 2 or 3d ones?

It was a third person shooter

could be true crime, crime life, reservoir dogs

State of Emergency? I remember that game looking like ass, though.

i had that on the tip of my tongue, this could be it

Could actually be the sequel, since IIRC that was an actual shooter. Wouldn't know, since I only saw it in the bargain bin at one time and passed it up.

I think it was True Crime Streets of LA. Thanks lad

What a waste of Cristopher Walken.

Not those, but they were fun.

There was no first person, and you couldn't switch positions in the helicopter. The machinegun fire from the door gunner was just little white balls coming out the side of the helicopter.

I've been all over looking for the name of that game and just can't find it.

l was only a kid and that's pretty much all l can recall

A car free for all deathmatch. One of the cars was a ufo, one a 1970 ambulance, one was a taxi… you could pick up grannies for cash, the longer you kept them in the car, the more money they would give you.

There was also a shooter: you were a psycho and had to kill lots of people in a supert market. The next map was a china town district.

truly the weapon to surpass metal gear

M.I.A.: Missing In Action?

I remember a game where the intro is basically a dude hijacking a super advanced black helicopter from a military base at night. The game is about using the helicopter to blow up stuff around a map, I think you could find small stations to get a car instead. Also every weapon is picked up with a crane-like wire. That's about all I can remember.

All I can say is that it reminds me of Desert Strike for The SNES. Also there is a game called U.N. Squadron which was originally based off of some obscure manga in Japan that I can't remember the name of right now. Both were for the SNES and U.N. Squadron had multiple types of planes and special weapons to use in the side scrolling shooter type combat it featured. This might not answer your question, but it might be interesting none the less.

What's notable about this gemu compared to all the other DOS RPGs and FPSers is that I can't remember any sort of permament UI at the bottom or side of the screen.
With the exception of a popout inventory at the side and your fists/weapon at the bottom when clicking the left mouse button the entire screen was more or less unobstructed.
The cockroach was a textured 3D model with spindly legs, when you got hit the screen would flash red and dying resulted in the camera falling to the ground(similar to Doom and other first person shooters of the time).

This:
gamefabrique.com/storage/screenshots/genesis/desert-strike-return-to-the-gulf-03.png

Or maybe his:
helicopterplay.com/screenshots/desertfire-1.jpg

Area 88 anime. Good one.

Holy shit user! That's it! Fucking Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I played the shit out of U.N. Squadron when I was a kid. Loved getting the perfect bombing run on the convoys. Thanks for reminding me of that happy moment in my childhood.