N64 Thread

I know it's an embarrassingly underpowered piece of hardware, but couch multiplayer with it after all these years is still fun.

What are your favorite N64 games, Holla Forums?

Mine are the AKI Wrestling/ Virtual Wrestling 64 games.

Same and Conker Bad Fur Day, that game has tons of content and the multiplayer is great fun.

this console isn't really known for that at all though OP? Usually couch multiplayer is better on other consoles like the gamecube, ps2, Wii and other shit
I did have a ton of fun with Starcraft 64, and a lesser amount with jet force gemini with friends

Starcraft 64 was such a horrible port, it's not even funny.

I did play C&C 64 first, then SC64, and RA for DOS as a kid, so I wasn't too picky. I did score SC on the pc in 1999 or so

Nigger, wtf? A huge portion of my junior high school days were spent sitting around with my friends playing Goldeneye and wrestling games on this thing. You're nuts.

It is

I didn't really give a shit about Nintendo by the time I hit secondary school so this is the only game I cared about on it, this was the around the time Nintendo started shitting on 3rd-party devs.

Are you stupid? It was more powerful than the PSX and Saturn. Literally the most powerful console of its generation but not the best

Which meant shit with those cartridges, in turn making most multiplats look worse on the N64. Most famously, Mission Impossible.

It was so advanced I could play my ps2 games on it

Truly ahead of its time

Hey everyone, guess who didn't have any friends

Now don't laugh, but my friends and I spent a lot more time playing the minigames in Pokémon stadium than we ever spent in the battle arenas

Now that's just plain wrong. It's graphical capabilities were equal to if not better than PCs at the time of release.

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, Zelda (OoT and Majora's Mask), GoldenEye, Harvest Moon 64, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Hey You Pikachu!, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Bros, Glover.

Other than S&P, best N64 game.

Acquired taste doesn't even begin to describe that game. You either love it or you don't.

It was novel and ambitious, but I couldn't bring myself to like it.

Super Mario 64 and Majoras Mask. The rest of the library is total fucking garbage. Fuck off kid.

I never made it past a few levels as a kid, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was very unique.

The most random rental that lead to an all time favorite.

I know your post is bait, but just in case some newfag reads this: The N64 was not close to PC performance in any category.

:^)

How much did this cost around the time of the N64?

Damn you too?

N64 was a shit meme console.

Nice draw distance.

About as much as buying a half dozen N64 carts at release

My brother and I ended up renting it due to the boxart.

The one on the right looks better and you know it. Better fidelity, better art design, better textures, etc.

NFL Blitz was the best N64 game, prove me wrong.

Its true that the PC was a lot more powerful- we can look at a pretty direct comparison with quake 2.

Thinking of getting one in January since I start work then as a late X-mas present for my roommates. Gimme some good multiplayer games you can rage out with your drunk roommates on.
My list right now is;

It helps if you've actually played Thief
Nice subjective criteria.
Vaseline filters over sub SD resolutions is not better.

Kids, this is why Nintencucks need to be lynched like niggers.

$220 per card, so $440 for an SLI system. Not that you'd need more than one card to beat the N64 in framerate, resolution, 3D features, etc. N64 games looked dated even compared to playstation games, which looked dated compared to PC games. The standard resolution on the N64 was 320x240, while on the PC it had been 640x480 for years and at the time the N64 was released many PC gamers used 800x600 or 1024x768

see

My older brother picked it out, probably because of the same. He also did the same with goemon.
Bretty good games.

Loved the older RA1/2 and C&C live action cutscenes as a kid. My brother was into it as well but he was more of an RPG fan with games like Diablo and WoW

user-kun, can you not tell left from right?

Don't even go there, man.

Someone post FF7.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Though my older brother was the kinda kid who powerleveled his shit to 99 or gamesharked so we would take turns playing with level 99 pokemans and the party games.

I can't really pick a favorite. I had a lot of fun with the N64 with friends on their consoles.

Did you not have friends growing up? It was the only console that generation that included 4 player ports without expansions, so it dominated couch multiplayer.

Oh, you just have shit taste.

Yeah, but I like that in Zelda you could actually walk on the ceiling of the twisty hallway, and it's even part of a gameplay mechanic where if you enter a room through a twisted hallway everything will be uspide-down.

He's just shitposting.

lol

It was a mix for me. My friend with Stadium didn't have the accessory for transferring Pokemon, so we just used rentals.

P.S. do any of you have any example of any good "arcade-like" games for the N64? F-Zero X and Wave Race 64 are some obvious ones. Smash Bros. too. Anything else?

Nathan?

That makes absolutely no sense given that one of the platforms supported 720p.

k then.

Here's your (You)

Mario Kart, Mario Party and other games were pretty much made for their multiplayer.

I know Mischief Makers and Kirby, but the last five panels baffle me. What is going on in this?

new

This is how you spot an underaged kid who didn't actually play the system.