ARMA 3

I want to play arma 3 with you queers, this thread is for discussion and scheduling. Is there already and Holla Forums serb? When do we play?

Other urls found in this thread:

cwr2.arma2.fr/
armaholic.com/page.php?id=14568
matrix.to/#/@gitgud:banter.city
youtu.be/WE02L1Zwbjc?t=21
units.arma3.com/unit/ouroboros
steamcommunity.com/groups/veeplaysarma
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859325140
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878714108
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218908833
steamcommunity.com/groups/eightlads
strawpoll.me/14723670
armaholic.com/page.php?id=24147
armaholic.com/page.php?id=20042
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1250661409
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=670719904
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

game won't work on my shitty PC according to my younger brother. bad graphics card and I'm poor

ARMA is CPU intensive, so a better processor is what you need. What are your specs?

I wanna play arma with Holla Forums :(

(checked)
So do I.

Hopefully before newyears we can play some of either. I'd even settle for some Zarbagad wasteland at this point. Any hostfags willing to make this happen?

There are plenty of empty servers, and apparently there was a group of anons who were playing it (I played with them a few times, but i have not seen any threads lately.)

Obviously there is interest, and I know a lot of anons own arma 3, so it shouldn't be impossible to organise.

Do you just need the basegame to play online?
There are like a million DLCs

You can play without them, you'll get ads for the dlc's every now and then if you use the DLC weapons and you cant pilot the DLC vehicles.

Oh god damn you radcorp faggot, if you can wait until new year, I will actually be able to give you some directions as an experienced squad leader.

This is advanced on-disk DLC.

They loose their worth when playing with mods like RHS or CUP anyway.
Also ArmA 3 is content-wise a dumbed down version of ArmA 2. Also ArmA 3 is completely broken for people with a PC where they use a surround sound headset in combination with an AMD FX series CPU.

Ask /k/ :^)

What about other maps? Should i get the apex version?

Apex is very nice, and adds quite a bit of new content, but there are mods which add maps too. Also, playing with anons makes up for any fun lost by not buying DLC. Take a look at the arma 3 workshop some time, there is more content there than you can imagine, and even more on arma specific mod sites.

that really depends, you dont really need it since Tanoa is shit anyway
I got it because it was on sale but otherwise its not really required unless you play a mod that utilizes tanoa specific vehicles for one

Malden is a free DLC for all. If you want Apex only for the map then don't get it unless you have a hard-on for jungle terrain even then wait for a sale. While infantry battles are very fun on Tanoa, they completely fucked up the AI vehicle pathfinding. Their driving on the other vanilla maps can be considered elegant compared to this.
The VTOL is pretty nice though.

I do have a hard-on for jungle and it is currently on sale.
I'm just really hesitant to buy games

Everyone shut up, download ArmA 2, and play that.
They didn't fix a single thing in ArmA3, just ramped up the graphics and added tonns of DLC. Most vehicles are just reskins from different factions. The boats, the subs, the ATVs, it's retarded. They had a ton of completely new models made for that abortion DayZ, and now they won't even bother making new boats or getting every faction different diving gear, or artillery pieces.

Piece of shit game.

Worst part is:
If you bough the "DLC" bundle last year hoping to avoid all of this, you are fucked, because they released a "second DLC bundle", which means that you have to pay again to get three measely tanks, three yets and a UAV.

(checked)
It's not just the models and factions, they improved the infantry combat, animations, movement ect. Everything in arma 2 has been ported in through mods, arma 3 is an objectively superior game, even if the content is not to your liking, and like I said before, MODS.

there is no reason to buy the DLC if you have mods, the other radar and damage model overhauls are free for everyone.

All I am saying is that you shouldn't support shit devs. Sadly it's the only real sandbox military simulator on that scale.

That's not what I'm saying. The only issue, when compared to arma2, is the lack of content and the "muh futuristic" setting, but everything else is much better, fluid movement and shooting, less obtuse controls and interaction, and better animations. Granted the game runs like shit, and although everything I listed was improved it is by no means perfect, it's still arma, after all. But if you don't own either, buy arma 3 base over 2, and you'll be fine. Good price on it ATM too.

I played some singleplayer of this and some Altis Life with a friend, but not much else. What's the vanilla MP like? Is it like squad?

(checked)
Never played it. But i have about 700 hours in arma.

It depends on what your doing, what modes your playing ect. You have an entire island to play on, tanks, planes, and automobiles to drives ect. There are mods to simulate military radio too.

Also, there is zeus, which is basically a player that acts as god, able to place any unit or object in the game, place objectives and triggers, artillery, change the time, weather, and any other parameter you can think of.

Some cookie cutter modes people play the most are invade and annex, which usually involve 70 people divided into squads getting airdropped near a randomly selected location on the island where an enemy base in generated, you and your team must then attack, take, and hold the area. This can involve players being pilots for helicopters or close air support jets and tanks, depending on how organized the server is. Another is exile, which is basically survival, and altis/stratis life, think clunky gtaV.

You can do some research and get a better picture, compared to other games, there is no other on the scale of arma. This isn't necessarily a good thing, but arma, for what it provides, is pretty good.

this is zeus, skip around.

What said is pretty much true.
It depends on the group you play with. There are hardcore milsim serbs, where you will get yelled at by an ex/wannabe drill sergeant for stepping out of line. There are fun clans that run zombie campaigns and have regular bants on radio.
There are public roleplay/Altis Life servers with 119year olds calling your mother a fucking whore.
There are King of the Hill CoD esque servers, complete with the fags complaining about lag switches etc…
Honestly, you need to find a group of people you like to play with. Have a long think and come to a conclusion: Do you want to play serious, for fun, or serious fun?
ArmA is a sandbox first and foremost. It really depends on what you want it to be.
Join a group, play some with them, and if you don't you can leave at any point.

Pro Tip: Get a mic and a good headset. It's already hard to understand a word of what you are saying over shit VOIP, when there are bullets zipping around, artillery landing close by, a tank is revving it's engines next to you, command is yelling orders at you over comms, your MG is shouting that he is running low on ammo, and the AT team says that they just missed. Don't make things worse by using a shitty mic, or speaking with a mouth full of cocks. Clear words, short messages. Sometimes entire sentences are too much. Shouting "TANK, on that hill!" is x1000 times better than typing a 9001 word description of the tank you just spotted, including, but not limited to, it's camo pattern and the smell of it's engine exhaust.

what we need is an Holla Forums group, the problem is we need a host.

Escape from Atlis/Stratis/Tanoa are my favorite game modes. They're extremely hard though.

It's like Ghost Recon except you can play as a prisoner who loots weapons and place explosives on vehicles. The downside is that it can take hours to complete, but it's pretty fun.

I don't know what the fuck happen between ARMA 2 and ARMA 3 regarding sound, but for some reason I can't for the life of me track back the source of sounds on A3. It's like it comes from everywhere for some reason.

I'd take lazy devs who allow modding over shitty AAA devs who don't

the only way to play arma is with arma2 and this mod cwr2.arma2.fr/

armaholic.com/page.php?id=14568
here it is for arma 3

Are there any hostniggers interested?

Oh boy, I wonder why nobody wants to play an unoptimized piece of shit with DLC up the wazoo.

It's not that bad, and you don't need dlc.

No promises but after dealing with a terrible unit and getting some interest built up among the guys that have joined and now left that shitfest, there is a potential server in the works.

I'm looking into costs and hosting providers right now to see how things should be deployed.

Merry Christmas, Holla Forums.

shiieeet, i have hosting experience w/ radcorp
you got tox?

'You don't need it' unless you want the ads to stop flashing on screen every 5 minutes.
This is a shitty game made by kikes. Nobody wants to play it because of that. If you like shitty games, you shouldn't be here.

dude lmao

You don't need to use the DLC items, just intall mods if you want something like it. Just because you're a retard who cant discern which items are DLC or not by the giant icon next to them is nobody fault but your own.

*install

Absolutely. Post your Tox address dude.

That's arma 2, you fucking idiot.

#Hypetrain

You are hopeless.

Go back to reddit faggot.

I'm not defending it, but come on, it's not that obtrusive, surely not a deal breaker.

They redid the inventory system in Arma 3, didn't exactly simplify it in fact they just took the way ACE 2 was doing inventories and combined CC and weight so it's less interesting than the ACE inventory system.

They ruined damage modeling in Arma 3 however. With each infantry requiring at least 2-5 shots to kill. This is retarded compared to Arma 2's one or two shots per kill.

Arma 2 is also more potato friendly and is on for around 5$ (Combined operations would be required) but is dead as far as multiplayer goes. I'd play the shit out of either if we could get at least 8 players going at a time.

too bad it doesn't work with ACE. Plus the 80s/90s US Army/Marines units by deltahawk look much better.

When did you last play? There was an update a couple of months ago that greatly improved sound.

How is it retarded? I'd say it's better, most of the time it takes more than one shot of an intermediate cartridge(5.56 or 6.5) to kill someone, and the other day I was dropping fuckers in 2 shots with 7.62x51 (with armor too). The problem is bullet interaction in real life is that it's not as simple as
Leg shot - 20 damage
Body Shot - 40 damage

But I think they did a fine job.

I meant that intermediate cartridges in real life usually take more than one shot to kill, especially if the other dude has adrenaline pumping through his veins.

Part of that is that since the game is futuristic, it implies body armor has vastly improved in the 20 years between when it released and the future timedate. It's why the best armor in the game is Level V when currently we only have Level III. RHS implements this in their mod by nerfing all armor so that two to three shots will kill.

To the guy who posted that they wanted to talk with me over Tox, I'm going to be away from the thread for a bit.

Ping me at matrix.to/#/@gitgud:banter.city when you can and we'll talk details over.

shit sorry, was away from the thread
66B5A5C85C7B5454D14C87711E9A95D1E6933ECDB00CD6391D6921E37E27BA60A95BE80011D9

kill yourself my reddit man

heh

youtu.be/WE02L1Zwbjc?t=21

Here's a video of some Squad gameplay. The first thing I found on google for the newest update, so I'm not sure how good it is, but it looked decently representative.

My eyes

explain

Sent you an invitation. We should be able to talk shortly.

accepted

Looks incredibly similar to arma

Alright guys, it's happening. We've got a unmanaged dedicated server for the month that'll be up in a few hours, stay tuned for more news about the server and how we'll be setting up the unit.

nice

I know this is an Arma 3 thread but fuck it, where else am I gonna ask this. Should I get Arma 2? I bought Arma 3, been playing it and I like it. Reason I'm thinking about buying Arma 2 is that alot of people say Arma 2 is superior to Arma 3 in some aspects and is more stable.

More stable? Never heard that one before.
I find arma 2 to be much clunkier and less enjoyable than arma 3, although some people prefer one to the other. All content in 2 can be ported over through mods, and there are mods to fix some percieved issues (body armor being too strong in 3 is one that comes to mind).

I couldn't tell you, but 2 is so cheap why not give it a shot and see if you prefer it?

Aren't the russians already rolling out the first Level VI for their special forces?

Unless you have friends to play it with, no. The only thing active for multiplayer in Arma 2 right now is a Russian ACE server (you've gotta know Russian, bub.), A couple Wasteland servers (Utes and chernarus), two or three "Life" servers and DayZ. Arma 2 has shit for singleplayer. You could drop DAC in it and generate yourself some missions, or search around for missions to play (CWR2 was mentioned in this thread, it has some decent singleplayer) but overall Arma 3 has more options, and CUP/RHS basically solve the setting/theme issue it had when it first came out. As far as stability goes, whoever told you that Arma 2 is more "stable" must be smoking crack. I.E: just starting the game up through steam causes it to crash it out 75% of the time, and once you do get it to run, joining a multiplayer game again, crashes the game to reopen it for battleeye. You need a dedicated third party launcher to actually run the game properly. Whereas in Arma 3, vanilla crashes are extremely rare, I've only ever seen crashes with the IFA3-lite mod. Maybe you mean it's less demanding so potatoes can run it?

Most of the complaints about arma 3 came when it just came out. The single-button grenade throws (fixed with ace3 completely, and limited in speed by a patch) The arcadey movement (fixed in a stamina patch) and the theme (CUP, RHS etc. solve this) Having said all that, arma 2 still has some aspects of it that make it fun, SLX mod for starters, no shitty BF2 ragdolls, gear management that's a bit smoother, AI being pretty much the same but when modded is superior to Arma 3

Are you open to mod requests? Ragdoll effects Overhaul and Rested Weapon movement are two lightweight mods I'd like to see added.

Is there a way to unfuck it if I ever decide to buy it?

Where is the server located? Is the game shit for 200 ping retards?

Some groups require you to play a certain amount of time, or "donate" a certain amount of money to sustain the serb and feed the admins.
If you join one of those groups for some reason, and you don't pay/turn up, they will oftentimes put you on a "shitlist".
Think of it as the kindergarden version of baph.

Lovely.

So any preliminary news?

Immediately I'm planning on running some vanilla operations just to test the server and see what it can handle. After that, when I'm certain all the baseline settings are good and the game is running well, we can move forward with a mod list. The server is stood up on my host's side, so I'll get cracking at setting up for ARMA 3 sometime tomorrow. I also made some unit shoulder sleeve insignias for the unit, pic related.

Cheers!

Will we be able to bonzai charge in this?

wat

user, bayonet charges haven't been effective or advisable since the Korean War.

Those are legacy file names I didn't change. They were beige originally, and then I changed to the green, keeping the name.

The primary concern is just which one is the best.

Nice, make sure to get us some swastika patches too.

The mods I would chose would be:
RHS (All of them)
Task force radio
ACE (Plus the compatibility mod for RHS) minus flying, considering what you told me
Remove stamina (for ACE)

Any other suggestions?

There must be something for suicide vests.

You can bonzi charge all you want but it's a really dumb thing to do on an individual level.

I like inf-111, personally

Trucks of Peace incoming

Who said Bonzai charges had anyting to do with intelliegence?

Arma 3 is a pile of amateurish and autistic dog shit.

True, but what I'm saying is that in an autistic milsim you're just going to get shot in the facepussy and then you'll have to watch others play.
At least in real life bonsai charges increased the effectiveness of the japanese military.

Personally, I think they may be too busy. You ought to just have the infinity logo.

There is no player cam in arma, you either respawn at base or look at the loadout screen.

I'm honestly considering stuff from the Azov Battalion, there's plenty of Workshop content focused on the Donbass War.

That one in particular is based on the Mobius Squadron decal from Ace Combat. I originally edited it with the intent to establish a tactical fixed-wing squadron, but I don't think it's really feasible yet.

IEDs are actually a part of the base ARMA 3 inventory.

These are the actual desert variants, for reference.

It sounds bitchy but I think they need to be more subdued

Probably the best way to compromise would be to have the main one for the unit be a full color insignia, but to have additional subdued variants available and add them via a mod.

What are you, some kind of fascist :^)
Here are some patch ideas, mein neger.

Also the waffen SS foreign legions pack would be nice.

You could try something like this.

Arma has always been inferior to operation flashpoint 1.
All arma games suck and all flashpoint games after the first one suck too.

What gamemode? For typical coop missions I don't think we'll have enough players. Antistasi might work better than last time if we're on a good server.

It's similar in that it aims for a semi-realistic combat approach, but it's not a sandbox like Arma.
Now, squad does do lots of things much better than Arma, like weapon handling, movement, netcode, and deployables. Squad is a great multiplayer PvP game, but Arma obviously fills a niche with the sandbox aspects, it's just a shame the PvE is shit because of how bad the AI is.

I love me some 1 fps servers

Gotta turn the motion blur off. I absolutely hate that shit.

Does arma 3 have the retarded piracy protection where your character becomes progressively more asthmatic, blind and ultimately all vanilla weapons can't hit the broad side of a barn? If so, how do you want to accomodate the piratefags?

Mainly cause they fucked up the AI.

It's CPU intensive, close your browser and discord and you'll get a 30 fps performance boost.

Escape from [map] or Overthrow.

Either you disable the surround sound or you try the 32bit version… which is a hot mess since over a year already (3 FPS bug)
Although funnily enough,64 bit version is also broken for these kind of setups since over a year as well. Symptoms being, sound stutter in first person mode accompanied with actual stutter of the game.

Although found out that HyperX Cloud headset isn't influenced by it. But most Logitech headsets are(which offer surround)

ZEUS
With a human in control (especially an user) any mission is possible.

Ah, I see the difference now.

As for shit AI, just spawn a lot and they can be challenging. This is why i suggest ZEUS mode, so the game master can spawn as many as needed (and even remote control units)

Overthrow sounds interesting, Antistasi with some rpg mechanics and logistics.

Realistically more often than not we'll have 0-3 players available going by last winter's server, that's still not enough for Zeus. Something like 6-10 is the bare minimum where it's worth bothering.
Persistent games allow people to hop on and and have shit to do even when they're alone.

So are we going to be radical tree defenders purging all those who would eat salad?

Alright, I'm working on deploying the server as we speak. I don't have an estimate for when it'll actually be done and working, but stay posted and I'll keep in touch here with progress updates.

In the meantime, our Steam group and ARMA unit are already set up. Join these for news and updates.

units.arma3.com/unit/ouroboros
steamcommunity.com/groups/veeplaysarma

You should make the steam group public, it's not likely to overflow with leddit

Please, I can play in about 4 days, you are already doing it?

Done.

Don't worry if you're not there for the first few days. We're going to try and bring people up to speed so we're confident, so a few rounds of training and trial runs in vanilla before we get into the really intense stuff is likely to occur.

You had one job.

Yeah, I have a Logitech one.

Sorry senpai,
I only play the BR mode

hue

why the fuck are these issues so specific? any explanation?

Also i just joined the steam group.

Also it was based on a /radcorp/ design that an user took and made a patch specifically for ArmA 3

Thats what happens when your engine is 17 years old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a few suggestions for senarios:
- any DUWS (theres a few clones around, don't remember which one has most options): steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859325140
- either altis or malden Liberation: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878714108
- any of the DM4 maps: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218908833
- pilgrimage would be fun, but as far as i know there's only a 2player and SP version. if someone happens to find a version of Pilgrimage that supports up to 6 or 8 fags that would be a great option as well

I like it.

DUWS would be good, I'd prefer just running the vanilla with RHS replacement running for CSAT and NATO. OR we could go with CUP which is arguably more balanced but less sexy. If we're going Liberation I'd want to do Malden, smaller maps means more frames and less time pissing around driving into combat.

Give me one good reason for that.

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R

This might fall apart before I get my musicbot in game.

Well you're fucked then.

I doubt it will hold up for that long. Also I doubt that this bunch of monkeys will be able to be lead. So let's break the game instead

nice to know this will probably die before it had a chance to live thanks to op and his retardedness

Based on the suggestions, advice, and warnings expressed here, corrections have been made to address the issues regarding the privacy of our ARMA 3 Unit and Steam group.

The Steam group was deleted and reformed at this address.

steamcommunity.com/groups/eightlads

still AIDS-tier

It's the 8th Division, so we're Eight Lads. I don't see the issue here, we are completely stealth now. Totally undetectable. Completely inscrutable. Absolutely unnoticeable.

Please forgive this temporary lapse in judgement, I just want to play video games.

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO NOT HAVE ANYTHING 8CH RELATED IN A FUCKING STEAMGROUP YOU FUCKING MONGREL? SINCE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO GRASP THE CONCEPT I'LL MAKE A SHORT CHECKLIST FOR YOU.

(1) nothing related to the number 8
(2) nothing overtly meme related
(3) no fanfiction
(4) nothing that doesn't help fags play the fucking game. including: no off topic discussions, only mod/scenario related links, etc.
(5) fucking don't be like me and keep your assburgers in check holy fuck

Have it out with here, we started with the 111th Division and it was changed based on suggestion.

Here's a poll as to whether the number eight should be used in our Unit material.

strawpoll.me/14723670

+1 for "just don't remake the group again"

^

+1 for let this piece of shit thread die

Tanoa is amazing what are you talking about. Have you ever stalked someone through the jungle with a m60 in exile or wasteland in Tanoa at night?

Ayy, I want to play Arma. We can still salvage that shit.

Lets not get overly autistic. Eightlads sounds fine, and the group's main name is Ouroboros anyway.

Continue the good work.

Why not 88's?

I still like 111th Infantry if you're going for an extremely subtle Holla Forums reference, since 111 is the 8th value represented in a 3-bit system.

Get the stick out of your ass, nobody will be looking at the group, I didn't even bother to read the shitty bio. It doesn't matter, if our gracious hostfag wants to be a le danke memer or whatever let him. He is paying for the server after all you ungrateful niggers.

As for the patch, that is something we should all have a say on (I suggest only a few, no need to make it more complicated than it has to be.). As der fuhrer of ze glorious german reich I vote the ones hostfag posted, plus a simple infinite symbol and a swastika.

Here is another selection of recolors.

Why not the
55th detachment of the 33rd army?
It adds up to 88 too

back to reddit nigger

Honestly having a steam group at all kills this before it begins.

Do you have a better idea on how to schedule.

Im sorry I dont like eating shit

I concur, exile and life servers are a cancer on the arma "community".

Why not just leave the server up & just do the usual "If you build it they will cum" approach that other Holla Forums servers have done? Just leave it on a map with bunch of shit to shoot until host fag eventually comes on & loads up a scenario or whatever.
Honestly though I've never played ARMA multiplayer due the group finding autism I've heard about, & I don't want this shit to turn to cancer before I get a chance to play the multiplayer at least once

Right right slaughtering AI is so much fun. Niggas I get that some of you autismos can't handle unpredictability in vidya, but at least open up to some of the pvp mode types. Benny Warfare is also another great mode, but unfortunately no one seems to run any servers and even fewer people make use of any of the dank mod packs like RHS.

I'm one of those group finding autists.
Although at the same time I am actually not. I prefer to not be part of anything but to choose to be part of something.
Anyway, if you guys wait until the second of January(or maybe a day later) I will happily assist you in your mass suicide

Also why don't you crawl back to your little life server then?
TvT can be fun, PvP too, but PvE is also a very good mode in this game. Wastelands, Life and any of these zombie servers are absolute cancer.

I hate life with a passion if I wanted to play something like life I'd download gmod. Takistan life was only good in arma 2 because the server I played on allowed UN forces to engage terrorists at any of our checkpoints.

just leave.

Actually I've gotten an idea…
How much autism will we need to reenact the plane scene from the dark knight fire rises

If you've played arma/op flash for as long I have you will have played every game mode type at least once.

all it takes is a few big guys and a chinook

CUP mod has merlins and blackhawks where you can open the side doors

the best part is we could even tow the cia plane with other planes thanks to tow systems

There are some good towing mods out there too

Status update from the host, the most basic server setup should be complete. From here we have a few options we can go ahead and run with, depending on how you guys feel tonight.

1. Vanilla - We use the server, as configured, to play a few missions on a totally vanilla configuration. We'll go ahead, queue up for a cooperative mission, and get into the grit. This does mean you will have to play without mods however.

2. Wait for Mods - We determine what mods the thread wants, add them to the server, and then play whatever missions work well with those mods. I will need a bit of time to let the dust settle on the modification discussion, propose mod lists, and then once we have some sort of consensus add them to the server along with their keys. It'll take a little longer, but we'll be able to play with the modifications that people want and not just the base installation of ARMA 3.

3. Training - Since this is a new unit and there's a lot of new people, we should probably get to know each other, determine how well everyone knows the game, and what we need to teach or improve on as a unit. With this option, I would set up a bare bones Zeus Mission, launch it with some open slots, and assign more senior unit members to do a review of ARMA's team tactics and training in vanilla.

My long term objective of Ouroboros Division is to have a semi-realistic group for weekly missions tied into an overarching campaign. For off-days, I want to permit anyone in the unit who wants to run a mission to request Zeus via Steam and make a thread for their own mission. The campaign missions would have a a basic expectation of realism, but off-days stuff would be more loosely governed.

Hope this all sounds good.

Why not have it Vanilla while you wait for everyone to make up their minds with mods?
As for all the other shit, what timezone are you thinking of, OP-faggot-fuck-up-kun?

It's a video game, they'll get the hang of it.
this is going to go badly. Lets do it.

I vote option 1, 2 coming later,
my mods would be
RHS:All of them (Any ACE compatibility mods)
ACE (Minus flight modules as you told me)
TF radio
No stamina (For ace)

Just to clear things up, I'm OP, not hostnigger.

Holy shit user don't they have meds for that?

Advanced medical when

Sorry fam. For some reason I got you two mixed up. Have a lewd and a bump as an apology.

oh my

these are a must

Sounds good to me. The timezone would be Eastern Standard Time for the unit, and the campaign mission would be every Friday night, probably starting sometime around 8 or 9 PM.

I mean, it wouldn't be hyper rigorous stuff, just learning formation, chain of command, communication basics, and stuff that makes life easier just moving people around the map.

Server Information
Address - 192.3.8.162
Port - 2302
Password - rigel

It's up, it's vanilla, and it's ready to go.

As a clarification, verify signatures is presently enabled. If you are having trouble joining the game, you need to disable your mods, even those that are client side.

Also, mission's up.

wew that was a clusterfuck, hopefully we can make our own missions soon.

the gayest

I'm going to get up Teamspeak 3 for either ACRE or Task Force Radio soon. The in-game chat is not very robust by comparison.

You're thinking of 192.168.XXX.XXX actually. 192.3.XXX.XXX is an actually valid IP range accessible globally, try it out for yourself.

do tfr because i already set it up and am lazy

Also I really hope I will be able to participate. Btw, I'm a fairly experienced ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 player… I actually wonder, how does it hold up so far? I have the suspicion that the server is going to be dead once I get to open up ArmA 3.

Also, use Taskforce Radio, ACRE has been discontinued ever since the Alpha of ArmA 3.

No, they put it on hold until Alpha was released, the latest version they have is from May of 2017. ACRE is more autistic while TFR is more for casuals, these are the things that should be considered when choosing which to use.

Must have missed that. Used to use ACRE for ArmA 2, is ACRE3 any good then? Does it have longrange and vehicle radio?

It has both of those, it also has autistic 3D buttons on each radio. If you recall from Arma2, every radio was a static image that you then clicked the knobs to change the frequencies, in Arma 3 each is a 3D object that has animations. I call it autistic because 90% of people don't give a shit about radios enough to want to fiddle with them in a video game. TFR is much more "casual" in the sense that it doesn't simulate radios to the same level as ACRE, and I think in this case it'd be a better option to minimize the learning curve.

Takistan was kind of fun as security forces though. It's essentially an Afghanistan simulator without ROE holding you back.

They blew it when they released a humanitarian DLC WITHOUT advanced medical system. It could have been great, instead they just played around with mines and a fictional aid team.
Instead they should have cooperated with the red cross itself, hell they already had a foot in the door with them because half of the money from that stupid carts DLC Went to the czech red cross. They could have done a real cooperation, using real world air tactics in a game about real world military tactics.
This game is wasted potential to the power of three.

Wat?

I just wish RHS made a up armored HMMV. Their Tusk II Abrams is pretty bad ass though.

Up Armored HMMVW are available in CUP. There is also an ACE mod for CUP vehicles and weapons.
What I actually miss is T-62s, T-64s as well as Sheridans, Leopard 1 and 2 and Leclercs. Maybe also a Chieftain and MBT-70

The cup vehicles are garbage tier compared to RHS.

ACRE is usually bugged beyond belief.
TFAR is made using Slav Magic and somehow works a lot better.
We had this discussion many times and ACREfag basically shilled it so much yet surprise surprise when we tried it, it fucked everything up. Don't ever use it.

There already is a Swedish and a Bundeswehr mod that adds a Leo 2, as well as a bunch of other German/Swedish equipment.
armaholic.com/page.php?id=24147
armaholic.com/page.php?id=20042

Yeah, I know about these already, but I also wanted other variants, I believe there is a Cold War based in Germany in the workings as of right now.
Although…
gas yourself, the site used to be good, but now it is just a huge self-induced shitshow.

Compared to RHS many things are garbage tier, but in the end, these vehicles from CUP are from all the other ArmA games… And I do like them as I like Chernarus(and would happily bomb everyone who abuses this beautiful map for his zombie shit)

No offense but if I wanted to play Arma 2 I'd move to the Ukraine.

Name a better alternative to armaholic

Steam Workshop :^)

(checked)
I would be very mad right now if it wasn't for those trips.

Next you're gonna tell me Everon is a bad map.

Ok, give me some feedback.

BORDER PATROL

I'll make a mission, probably malden, maybe stratis (or tajikstan if we are adding maps)

I'll pick a point on the island, maybe down the middle, or somewhere with less width. We can play with zeus, or I can work some magic with EDEN and make it self sufficient (if it doesn't already exist). AI (Brown people, browns in trucks, trucks, ect. and all of these may or may not be armed) will attempt to cross the "border". For every invader you stop, a reward will be granted (vehicle, weapons, ammo), for every that crosses, you will be punished (Terrorists attack, stolen vehicle, ammo, weapons).

Thoughts?

Played it with Holla Forums before, never knew it had border guarding elements.

The others you mentioned seem to be customizable, so it is feasable to produce some border guarding missions, but this is also feasable with eden editor. I also explicitly mentions
Obviously we can utilise these mods, depending on what hostfag wants.

What is your point.

Would you like my credit card information and address too?

my point is that you have (45) posts in this thread and theres still no server, while youre already constructing a 5 year plan

Nigger the server was up last night for testing. We had 6 anons on.

Gabe already has it.

Pretty much this. Setup a server for playing, don't make a unit which is what you are attempting to do. Most anons will not be interested in joining a unit.

Chernarus is low tier my dude. Tanoa, Lingor, Panthera, Altis even Fallujah are better and more interesting maps than Chernarus.

Adding the LEN SS foreign leigons would be great. Also, like many anons have said, use TFAR instead of ACRE please!

What's wrong with wanting a proper Arma unit for Holla Forums? Sounds like a good idea, who gives a shit if not everybody who plays arma here will join, at least there will be a dedicated group for those who will.

My biggest concern with playing arma with Holla Forums is that it will turn into cancer incarnate like PS2 with Holla Forums

You must be new here?

I had this with my Krakens. Turning off the surround helped immensely, but it still happens once in a great while

Low tier my ass, Chernarus is the best map… Well maybe not, but certainly better than yellowish Altis.

Altis has space and some fun places to do missions plus actual use for boats. Cherno has anti aircraft trees and two cities and none of the buildings are enter able unless you use the cherno redux map.

I'd take PS2 cancer over concentrated unit aids.

Read: I'm a fucking tryhard please punch my face

Yeah, you can take your faggots and fuck off back to reddit with them if you want to reason like that. But that would be implying that a shithead like you has the ability to reason which you obviously don't or this thread wouldn't be a mess.

is this a cringe thread? How retarded can you be? Alienating people from the board you are trying to recruit from and being condescending about it. Holy shit, OP. Just fuck off back to reddit already. I implore a willing user to compile OP's garbage for maximum cringe.

so there is a server already up and running?
anyone playing already?

This faggot has no idea what he's doing. An user asked how he's going to accommodate piratefags and he never bothered answering. He couldn't show more that he's from reddit. Also this

Honestly tho who the fuck pirates arma the shit barely works on the legit copy.

but also

Are you faggots blind or just stupid, Hostfag already posted the server
and its still up.
If you want to play quit bitching about his unit autism and get the fuck on.

hijacking this serb with no survivors

I'm OP, not hostfag you blind niggers. Also, get the stick out of your ass, if the host wants a steam group or whatever who does it hurt? He's paying the bills, he can write up all the shit he wants, at the end of the day it will be anons who will make up those playing on the server, and that will be reflected in how we play, no need to worry about steam groups, training, "overarching campaigns" or anything else, those who want to abide by them can, but nothing will stop you from playing however you want.

Its almost like you haven't played a bohemia game before. Arma 2's pirated copy not only ran like shit, but it used the FADE drm which gradually made the game unplayable. Arma 3's pirated version runs like shit and always has. The legit copy runs like shit, but you get more fps and a fuckton less errors and crashes.

If you ignore all the drama and shit you have a running server to play on.

Notice how its all a bunch of (1)s starting shit?

Yes, the server's been up for hours now. When the weekend passes, I'll bring the server down and start getting mods set up. But until Monday I'm just leaving it for people to mess around on.

I don't have plans to accommodate those connecting with unlicensed copies of ARMA 3. It wouldn't even be an option in this case, our dedicated server is using the GNU/Linux operating system, not Windows.

Then why offer to play garbage?

Fuck off with your tryhard autism and don't come back.

Did not think someone would be able to outfag hostfag other than himself.

Every time I try to connect to that server, it just hangs and then I time out. How do I just add it directly to my favorites without needing to connect to it first?

noice
doesnt help that both initiators talk and act like outsiders
Id love to play arma 3 with a bigger group but alas this one propably wont be it

freedom is a nasty mistress once you live long enough with her

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

You fucking what.

Outsider OP and hostfag are promoting their shitty server to datamine unsuspecting anons' IPs from the h8 chan.

They will suck your IP's dry.

Shit nigga what are you doing? This thread has fallen off the rocks.

At first I wanted to play Arma 3 with anons but after see this shitshow, it's pretty obvious that hostfag and OP are imcompetent.

OP likely got kicked out of a unit he was in for a while, decided /worstboard/ was the place of all places to find a newgroup of people to play with. proceded to fuck up everything he touched.
why don't you and hostfag blow each other back to reddit

My problem is the AI can't be made to act any sort of realistically. (ZEUS is a good start, where you can have a human sit and manually control them the whole time a la RTS) Suppressing fire rarely is effective against them, short of having them just lie prone and stare at where they're getting shot from. AI act like they're braindead when attacking and stare at random things while firing in odd burst patterns *near* enemies multiple times until RNG decides it's time for them to land that kill shot.

If BIS would do some honest to god work on making a more efficient and intelligent AI for their soldiers the game could really be something special. As it stands we have the terrible AI offloading system, single thread server program, and headless clients as a "fix" that's something that should have been implemented as a temp fix half a decade ago.

*I* currently have Level IV. Educate yourself.

For those of you who disconnected from the server, it's not just you.

The server will be back up shortly.

Server's back up. In the future, I'm going to hook up everything to a set of SystemD units so that the server will attempt to restart automatically in the event of a crash.

Server Information
Address - 192.3.8.162
Port - 2302
Password - rigel

Come play if you want

make sure to disable all mods before joining

Thanks, what time do you guys usually get on?

How exactly are the devs themselves cucks? They're Czechs, and the lead developer (Dwarden) even got banned from Facepunch forums for saying "Syrian refugees" are causing spikes in crime and aren't actually refugees.

Their DLC practices are somewhat jewish.

Never understood why spergs on this board say this shit like it's a bad thing

Because a lot of developers ask money for a half-assed product or straight up nothing, and they should not be given money for it.

but even when you pay for some product that you find worth the money, these faggots won't stop their autism fest

That's because you find it worth the money, they don't, and are under no obligation to respect your opinion.

so contrarian for no reason. well at least this place hasn't changed at all

I do think something with the JIP is broken with Zeus gamemodes. I should really finish up my Zeus mission creator.

I'm usually playing on and off throughout weekends, sometimes i hop on after 6 PM CST during the week/=.

Arma III is currently %66 off ($13.59)

Also, why don't we just play on public servers?

this. you dumb niggers could just join an official bohemia zeus server and play there

That's too many vehicles for the nextgen ArmA.
ArmA 4 will feature even less vehicles then ArmA 3, 3 vehicles per faction, 3 factions being in it. So, a car, a tank and a helicopter. Because it is supposed to be a sandbox :^)

Yeah that pissed me off when Arma 3 came out of (((early access))). I was expecting so many more vehicles and guns than the shit that was featured. No bloody variety at all! Needless to say, the vehicles and guns from the DLC packs should have been in the base game from the start.
The only reason why I forked out the dosh for the DLC was because the devs keep releasing the free platform updates like bipods, ffv, vehicle handling etc alongside the DLC releases. Should have been in the game on release to be honest, but whatever at least they eventually added it

Also ignore the life ui shit in the second image I didn't take it, it was the best reference picture I could find.

Just like we are under no obligation to respect their opinions. Either way I'd say my 2k hours in arma 3 has made my investment worth it.

Same

BECTI is currently up with around 12 people. Its a CTI server with no 3rd person. You'll need RHS and CUP.

And about 20 other mods. The server we have now is for testing, mods will be added soon.

Good for you, standing out for yourself like that. You're a big boy.

How hard can it be to put 4 fucking mods there and announce a starting time?

First you need to create and organize the unit goyim.

Fuck the pirates. Good thing you're saving the industry.

Some people on Holla Forums like to bitch that the industry is shit - then they refuse to give money to devs.

These devs are shit though… They once were alright but now they are shit

But don't you know user, they need to save their money so they can hire hookers to suck their dick. Who cares about good localization or good devs. They would rather be mega jews and pirate everything because they need to horde their shekels.

I do agree codemasters used to be good and now bohemia is less so, but I've still made my money back in hours played by a large margin across not only A3, but also A2 and Arma.

Just got Arma 3 yesterday. Is the fighter plane expansion worth buying? It has pretty shitty reviews, but badly want to kill dune coons with airstrikes. Any opinions?

Also, are any of the other add-os worth buying for Arma 3? There are a couple for like $5 shekels or 10, not sure are worth it but considering it….

Mods do the same thing and the CAS aircraft are free.

They push DLC, but every other company does. Even then, they support their modders and they don't force in LGBTBBQ+ shit.

The EUTW servers are a great vanilla alternative to BECTI.

Depends on how you plan on using them. The A-10 violently shakes the camera when you are shooting the cannon, while the A-164 Wipeout will not. Both versions will slow down on cannon shots. The aircraft in the Jets DLC are modelled much better and are less buggy.

read the thread

lets talk mods some more. is there any downside to using rhs/cups over either? i would like to get my fishgun on in operational operations like in arma II but i want to hear what everyone thinks. also a little something to make aiming sway a little more like arma II.

RHS is quality over quantity, CUP is quantity over quality

NIarms also has some neat weapons.

If you want fishgun, you'll have to do CUP.
RHS has the problem of most of its guns being variations of the same thing, for the Russian guns, it's just got 30-40 different versions of the AK, with little variation, as well as a few other guns like the SVD, and the US has like 20 different versions of the M4 and a few other guns. CUP has a much wider variety of weapons, and not as many guns cluttering the weapons list since it doesn't have the "30+ versions of the same gun" that RHS has. The same applies to vehicles, with the added issue of RHS Russian vehicle optics being shit for nearly every vehicle. CUP also has stuff that fills roles that RHS doesn't, like the Striker that has a mortar in it.
Personally I'm sick of RHS since it gets used for every group thing I've done with Holla Forums.

It's top tier to boot except for that shit pile of an m134

Doesn't it also have the laser accurate MG42s?

I havent used or tested it enough to say but it does have buzzsaws

You don't like 5 variants of the AK-103 where two of which are just fire mode changes? :^)

Yeah I shoot down littlebirds and shit with the 200 round AP belts for the MG42s

To be fair, those weapons are designed differently if you look at their internal parts, but they function the same.

Is there a server up atm?

anyone here for them terrorist ops we did a while ago? Man that was some fun shit.

Yeah, but half that internal stuff isn't even visible from first person view, you either have to see it in 3rd person or see someone else holding it.

the serb is unmanaged so it should always be up until the rent date

Is ARMA 3 better optimized than 2?

thats a lot of computer storage for what will be quite a lot of redundant content methinks. but if the anons here have the room i would be game for whatever number of mods.

server is stuck on mission failure for escape from malden 10

Voting is enabled for mission selection and restarts, and levels are presently set up as persistent until you complete or change them.

To vote for a return to the mission selection screen, send the message #vote missions and if you achieve 51% or more people doing the same, you'll be able to start something new.

Also, it's restarted if it was stuck without any possibility of resolving that. You should be able to play now.

thank

Yes, quite a lot more optimized. But it still isn't optimally optimized.

I'm hopping on the serb now if anyone wants to join.

what mods are we loading host or is this going to be painful forever.

Let's talk mods
ACRE vs TFR?
CUP vs RHS?
ACE of course

Thoughts, suggestions? Lets try and work up an actual list.

TFR, RHS. We had those last time and it was fine.

TFR
Both
Fuck ACE

NI Arms as has been suggeted and Id recommend the Shacktac user interface

Didn't we also run ACE? Or at least ACE medical, I distinctly remember playing arma with Holla Forums and using ACE.

We did, but I thought it was obvious we'd be using ACE now as well hence I didn't mention it.

Oh
Yeah ACE, RHS, and TFR seemed fine to me, just wanted to clear the air on mods.

(checked)

Fuck ACE? Why?
Seems like RHS and Cup would be a lot of redundant content.

TFR
RHS
ACE Basic
Shacktac HuD

Btw, anyone want to play?

Ignore me, i'm retarded. I thought ACE was something else entirely, after actually looking I don't mind.

Didn't some russian news channel use footage from arma one time?

Worse, it was the ITV

The irish are truly sub-human.

ace basic
tfar
cup
foxMod: Universal Virtual Arsenal (makes it so you have virtual arsenal until you shoot or use equipment on spawning and re-spawning) so you do not need to have zues place and take away arsenal boxes every match.
antistasi

Can we use CUP packs?

It would still add a lot of cluttered redundant content. We'd be better of choosing one or the other.

Seems unnecessary, lets try to keep this as light as possible.

The shacktac hud looks really nice, but it doesn't do that much.

What do you niggers think of removing stamina from the game?

Wouldn't Overthrow be better? Though I think hostfag doesn't want to host persistent missions in the first place.

Stamina is annoying so I'd be fine with that.

STHud is the most important mod you can get tbh. So easy to lose people and know who's in your team.

At most we'll have 10, maybe 15 people on the server (At peak hours). It isn't that hard to keep track of people. But I don't care that much, it seems like a nice mod, if hostfag wants we'll have it.

no stanima sounds good

it was probably Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS) that i was thinking of

Only trouble with ACE is that if we want to do AI squads too it buggers the controls for them.

I doubt we would be doing that.

What about IFA3 and SS uniforms mod? Or would it not fit in with the others?
Also I recommend TFAR rather than ACRE

Yeah, seems to be the majority opinion.

As for Iron Front, seems like a good idea too.

Here's a list of what we would need.

CBA
Remove stamina (For ACE)
ACE
TFR
RHS (AFRF, USAF, GREF, SAF)
ShackTac User Interface
RHS ACE compatible files
CUP Terrains
IFA3 lite
Len's waffen SS uniforms

This seems like a good start, although hostfag may want to make some tweaks.

ace - basic or advanced
TFAR
RHS over see you pee
CH View Distance - change view distance on the fly, very useful
Enhanced Movement - surprised no one mentioned this
ace compatible files
You can make mods like ch view, shacktac, and other utility mods optional but recommended so people don't need to download them to join the server

I'd get NiArms as well since they have a neat MG42

nobody mentioned it, it's your server niggers.

why is it suddenly rhs and ww2 in your eyes. those clash horribly together. make up your mind and vote on one time period or else qw might as well say the best 24/7 mods to have on hand and together loaded are
unsung
halo
niarms
cups
i44 or whatever the up to date ww2 one is
that one alien invasion one with chrome everywhere
theseus
project opfor
etc etc

Hostnig Moving mods onto the serb atm

What are the official mods?
Not trying to be a nagging nigger or anything

Dude, it doesn't matter, playing with jackboots and stalhelms wasting civilians with MG-34's and thermal vision sounds bretty fun to me. Personally I don't care that much, it's just my personal list, hostfag will use whatever mods he wants.

not in theme. its annoying to announce for example ruskie afghan mission and then the sharpshooters take the futureweapons from the guns dlc and the heli is a huey. i am talking about the difference between most people taking m4s from rhs vs why not use the ww2 bolt actions and mg42 from cups if you want to use waffen SS uniforms?

Alright, this is the current modlist for the Ouroboros Division Server.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1250661409

It'll have everything you need to play on the server and participate in the upcoming campaign.

RHS and NIArms are imcompatible with each other you retard
RHS is in general incompatible with any and all non-RHS weapons, and that includes vanilla

Citation needed.

RHS uses its own damage model for projectiles and vehicles you dumb nigger

RHS damage models are also a flaming pile of crap where .50 bmg doesn't have enough power behind it to pop a car tire.

Car tires in Arma are weird, tires do not disappear when shot. Yes, it should have higher damage, no, I don't really care. When exactly do you think that popping a tire is going to be relevant in any mission?

It was a statement of fact you homungous fucktard

its almost like the list wants more than the ak and m4 variants than what rhs was limited to but did not want to use something so organized as cups.

RHS weapons are compatible with everything if you install the compatibility patch you mongoloid.

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=670719904

I'm back… hy is it so dead here

Because there's still no missions planned

How can someone fuck up this bad?

where is the server?

those patches dont make RHS compatible with anything, they make OTHER mods SOMEWHAT compatible with RHS
RHS is a total conversion you moron

Calm down, everything will get worked out, new servers are a little messy sometimes.

I've already planned out the general theme of the campaign and the general layout of the first missions. I just have to commit them to a proper mission file. A thread will announce when things are underway proper.

The server is back up. I moved things around a little bit and hooked it up to a systemd unit so it'll be easier to start and stop. This means when the server undergoes a full reboot, the server will go up automatically.

sweet

You get it mate you understand me 100%