Yakuza / Hokuto ga Gotoku Topic - Hidebu Edition

A new lengthy trailer and details revealed for HGG. Copy-paste from Gematsu:
“Just Pressure Point” is a technique that takes advantage of pressure points to deal great damage by pressing the Circle button with good timing. The remarks uttered by dying enemies can be possessed as weapons or become items.
“Abeshi Collection” is an element that lets you collect the remarks uttered by dying enemies.
“Burst” is a technique that significantly strengthens Kenshiro and can be triggered by building up the gauge charged each time you defeat an enemy.
“Destiny Gems” can be inserted into the status board to activate corresponding abilities.
“Yadoyado Talismans” can be equipped to strengthen Kenshiro’s abilities and learn new techniques. When activated, cut-ins drawn by the illustrator of the manga will appear on the screen. By acquiring Raoh’s talisman, Kenshiro can use his “Tensho Honretsu” technique.
Lin and Bat confirmed.

Hokuto ga Gotoku is due out for PlayStation 4 on March 8 in Japan and Yakuza Kiwami 2 is already out in Japan but no word on a Western release date for either and we likely won't hear anything about that until Yakuza 6 comes out in the West (March 20).

Other urls found in this thread:

yakuza.sega.com/yakuza6/cast-kiryu.html
gematsu.com/2017/12/hokuto-ga-gotoku-details-battle-system
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/hokuto-ga-gotoku/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also worth mentioning that the latest (and maybe last) Amon theme is awesome.

So, does any of the supporting cast of Yakuza (Akiyama, Saejima, Majima) appear in Six outside of substory references/the epilogue?

English subs when?

Can't rightly say. Judging from the official site, the story veterans that appear are Akiyama, Saejima, Majima, Date and Daigo but I don't know on what capacity besides that there's a fight with Akiyama and it's kinda silly given they fight in a nursery room.. Pocket Circuit Fighter also appears.

yakuza.sega.com/yakuza6/cast-kiryu.html

Bit of a random note, with all the classic Sega arcade games that are emulated in these titles, it bugs me they never included Golden Axe. C'mon Sega, how hard is it?

I wonder what North Menace sounds like in Kiwami 2

I've played Kiwami and 0, is Kiwami 2 worth waiting for, or should I just get the original PS2 version? (I dislike playing games for real on emulators)

Who's going to be the Amon for Kenshiro? I'm not familiar enough with HnK to pull anyone from the series, but it'd be hilarious if it was an OC that looked a lot like the Amons.

I wonder if it would take less time to learn Japanese than to wait for the western releases.

I want to believe that this is now yakuza fotns with a touch of DMC now.

So are the explosions just censored for the trailer, or will Kenshiro just be turning people black now?

Japanese style censorship. Blood's still red and you can still see that bodies are headless, you just can't see "gore". It did this in the first "uncensored" trailer too, the one where blood actually comes out of Kenshiro's hand when it's stabbed by Shin.
It'll probably remain in an international release, seems like they've integrated it into the style of the game, I think it looks unique.

LOL YOU CAN TOTALLY BEAT UP ENEMIES WITH THEIR BATTLE SCREAMS SO COOL~

KEK IT'S SO AWESOME IT'S AMAZING! THIS ISN'T NORMALFAG-TEIR BIG BANG THEORY HUMOR IT'S FUNNi

I CAN'T WAIT TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME THROUGHOUT THE GAME WHERE PEOPLE LITERALLY ENSLAVE, MURDER AND RAPE EVEN CHILDREN EN MASSE! IT FITS WITH THE TONE OF FotNS TOTALLY BRO

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HOKUTO FANS ARE SO BOOTYBLASTED LMFAO IT'S JUST A JOKE YOU DO THROUGHOUT THE GAMEPLAY THAT WILL NOT GET OLD IN THE LEAST

Into the trash with this.

oh no there is one silly thing in a 6 minute trailer the game is ruined

No it's one silly thing that's part of the gameplay, meaning it's a constant. No word on being able to turn it off, so you'll just have to deal with it as part of the gameplay.
Going to rescue the kid from having her head get crushed? LOL BATTLE QUOTE ATTACK
Going to stop Souther from enslaving and mass murdering children? LOL BATTLE QUOTE ATTACK
Oh no, Rei is gonna die if we donLOL BATTLE QUOTE ATTACK
Man wasn't it sad when Toki did his best to stop megalomaniac brother Raoh in thLOL BATTLE QUOTE ATTACK
Quick! You have to save Yuria or else she wiLOL BATTLE QUOyou get the idea

If you think this is a good idea, let alone one that should be ever-present during combat, let alone one suitable for FotNS, then you either know nothing about FotNS or you're a kid who thinks this "randumb" humor is priceless and probably watches Jontron or IA or some other e-celeb.
Or you're sucking Nagoshi so hard his nuts are halfway down your throat.

There is no word that it's always on either, dood

Oh nooooo, why they put silly things in my super serious anime with a guy who keeps ripping his shirt off and magically getting the same one later on?

HnK world is basically 90% comprised of Amons - pigheaded assholes who think they're stronger than Kenshiro. Problem is they're almost all key players in the story while Amon is a side thing. Maybe a apparition of his teacher Ryuken or young Toki for the secret challenge? If he's not in the story, maybe Ryuga.
A Amon-looking OC would be amusing; all the character really needs is the aviator shades, wear all black and a black and red ki projection.

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be room for the more serious moments like Bat in drag or Kenshiro fighting a train. But yeah, Buronson totally okayed beating the shit out of Raoh with a death cry sign.
In any case, good job not knowing that the Danmatsuma are a well known unique quirk in the series.

A lot of people have said it's not but I think Yakuza 6 looks pretty good

gameplay wise it's enjoyable, but storywise it's the absolute weakest in the series.

YAGGI is the true reincarnation Kanye is the beast from the sea

Wasn't Yakuza 6's story fucking trash, I saw the gameplay for it and it was another game sluggish and wiffly movement.

The immediate impression can be negative given some factors - only 1 playable character, no alternate styles, some areas of Kamurocho are cut off, the 60fps rate is a goner and the clan creator mini-game is allegedly JCC-tier terrible to name the most blatant ones. There's also a lot of talk about the story sucking ass which while not new to the series, it's somewhat unforgivable in the closing of Kiryu's story.
That said, music is great as always, combat is still fun and feels a bit more visceral, the more open world tickles my exploration tism and the town in Hiroshima looks super comfy.

Or you could, you know, NOT use the attack?
I’m sorry your autism makes you incapable of simply ignoring an optional attack.

Think Lin was already shown in a trailer. Still, happy to know they are in.

Hearing Majima's VA as Jagi has me hyped as fuck. I really cannot wait for this one.

Faggot.

I'd honestly like to see Joker as the challenge character. Sure he was mowed down in the first arc, but so were all the other interesting villains. He had a great rival character feel to him, and I think the powerup would be cool.

At the same time an actual Amon OC character might be better.

That is definitely a bummer. Graphic explosions are part of the awesomeness.

You people should get paid if you're sucking their dicks this hard
I didn't realize Danmatsuma translated into "What's Up Doc?"

Ok, you’re unsalvageable. Have fun writing a novel to defend how “super serious” your shonen manga is. Hell, even Jojofags aren’t this insufferable.

If they add one of Shin's underlings, it will likely be Heart. Nips love the guy and, to be fair, he's very amusing in the anime.
Judging by the trailer, it seems they're setting Kyouou as the big bad so all the other characters might have lesser roles. I'm expecting Toki and Raoh to be this game's Komaki while Jagima will probably be a hindrance throughout the entire game.

Side note, surprised they still haven't shown Juda, Shuu and Mamiya.

But this, this is where the line is crossed.
Okay.

Heart was amusing. Most of King's gang were. I'd be happy if we saw all of them in some capcacity but I'm not holding my breath. Kind of surprised Heart is the popular one from what you are saying, though. Then again, if he is popular for Shonen manga fans, I can think of a lot of designs he probably inspired along the years.

So are there only 4 arcade games?
I do like outrun and space harrier (don't really care for super hangon) but i got my fill with them in zero.

I see this thread is more active than the emulation general, so I'll ask here. What are the best settings for Yakuza 2 since I've heard the game needs specific plugins in order to work well.

Every track that wasn't composed by Hidenori in Yakuza 2 doesn't return in Kiwami 2.

So you mean it won't be in Kiwami 2?

It already dropped in Japan, can confirm.
No Block Head Boy, Tracker, Wirepuller, The Grudge, Northern Menace, or West Insanity for you.

And they swapped out Crazy Ken Band for some fucking AUTOTUNE.

where do I start with this series

Yakuza 1

I've never really been interested in the Yakuza series, but that HnK game is looking fantastic.

Cute. Not even translated, right?

The dub has its moments.

That's not what I asked.

Yes. Yakuza 1 has been translated, tard.

No, you don't need to play the original Japanese version if you don't understand moonspeak and can't read moonrunes.

Official or fan trans?

go away

It's official, what you think that fans would make a dub? The first one is the only one that has a dub. The only games that weren't localized and only have the Japanese version are the two samurai spin-offs which are Kenzan for PS3 and Ishin for PS3 and PS4

Oh. It's just… I didn't think Yakuza came to the west until the PS3 game.

Does its story have anything somehow more retarded than >rubber bullets?

The cutting of some districts sounds like the worst part to me. Upon looking it up I won't really miss either the park or the Hotel District, but even though there wasn't much to do in the Champion District I imagine it would've been cool to hop between the rooftops there with the new parkour-like movement system. 30fps is also a pity after they managed to get a decently smooth 60 with Ishin/0/Kiwami. I'll miss the arena, as well, that was probably my favourite bit of side content.

Does 6 have climax battles or are they gone too? I can live with it if they're gone, I didn't enjoy them that much outside of the boss rushes at the end of them.
Those are the parts of it I'm looking forward to the most so it's good to hear that it's at least decent in those areas. Especially the more interactive open world, even if it's not that extensive one of my favourite parts of Yakuza was always how much they let you interact with the environment during combat and it's cool to see that extended to exploration.

I've also read complaints about its lack of difficulty but from what I've watched it doesn't seem that much easier than the rest of the series (though again I haven't played it so it's not for me to say).
Also, Han Joon Gi looks like a really cool boss.

user, nothing is more retarded than orphan-hating CIA niggers

He's in the Sega FG and the first Hokuto Musou and those games have really small rosters of playable characters.
Amiba is also very popular and having him pop up in the anime was a sort of running gag but he's got very few things to work with in terms of making him playable or a key boss with a decent move set.

Bit of a fun fact, the PSX also had a gameplay feature tied to the peons' death cry.

Like some cunt cherry-picked all of my favorites. Also Edge (castle theme) got kebabed to hell and back. Really want to thank the asshole who unilaterally decided autistic wailing is pleasant to hear.
What makes it a real kick in the dick is that when playing the demo, the music seemed very close to the original.

Bring that shit, mo ther fu cker.

Then don't play it you autist.

I like how the game's setting is allowing Kenshiro to do shit with his fighting style that's actually useful outside of killing. Like being an acupuncturist in that one game fucking finally the logical conclusion has been reached.

Heart is the first character who puts up half a fight and doesn't die in one finger poke, which makes him stand out.

Did anyone import kiwami 2?
Is it good?
How much detail was put into Majimbo's story and fighting style?

Its a joke game ya sperg

Majima's fighting style is a gimped version of Mad Dog with just a few moves from his other styles sprinkled in.

Evil Itself is also gone I believe, Hayashi uses the same boss theme as Daigo now.

True

Autism is a hell of a drug.

Majima's story is 3 chapters long and each is unlocked by playing through the main story, from Ch5 onward. His style seems to be the Mad Dog move set he has in Zero; only differences I noticed were a new Heat move against 1 opponent and the spin attack doing a LOT more damage.
He can't earn skill points but can wire the money he makes to Kiryu for use in the main story.

gematsu.com/2017/12/hokuto-ga-gotoku-details-battle-system
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/hokuto-ga-gotoku/

Copy-paste:
With the new “Hokuto” battles offered by Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, you can enjoy a new type of action centered on “Pressure Points,” which are representative of the Hokuto Shinken martial arts style. The action of Hokuto ga Gotoku is a fusion of the action from the Yakuza series, which has sold more than 9.5 million copies, and the Hokuto Shinken martial arts style.

This is Hokuto Shinken! Hit the Enemy with Pressure Point Action
The exhilarating action of the Yakuza series—defeating enemies with a variety of techniques unleashed through simple controls—returns in Hokuto ga Gotoku. But with the addition of Kenshiro as the protagonist, battles feel completely new, from battle taste to enemy reactions.
Speaking of Hokuto Shinken, “Pressure Point Action” is the key to victory in Hokuto ga Gotoku. Some enemies can be defeated easily with Kenshiro’s combos, but you can get through battles more efficiently by utilizing pressure points and, more particularly, Hokuto Shinken ougi (secret techniques).
The overwhelmingly popular Hokuto Hyakuretsuken technique, ougi used against powerful enemies in the manga, and ougi that counter against enemy attacks are being prepared for the game, allowing players to completely immerse themselves in the atmosphere of a Hokuto Shinken successor.
In addition to that, you can also use ougi created just for Hokuto ga Gotoku. Enjoy the actions of an all-new Kenshiro!

Just Pressure Points: The Essence of Hokuto ga Gotoku
Hokuto ga Gotoku features a system called “Just Pressure Point” where you can deal big damage by striking pressure points with good timing. When you get the hang of it, you can skillfully defeat the scoundrels that attack you, but there is more to it than that. If you succeed at pulling off a Just Pressure Point, the letters of the enemy’s death cry will manifest. Those letters will change into items with various effects, including a weapon you can use to strike the enemy.
There is also an element called “Abeshi Collection” where you can collect enemy death cries. Be sure to defeat enemies in various locations and collect their death cries.

Mow Down Enemies with a Violent and Overwhelming “Burst”
Your “Shichisei Gauge” (Big Dipper Gauge), which is modeled after the Big Dipper, will build up as you defeat enemies. You can build up the gauge efficiently through the use of ougi and Just Pressure Points, and activating the gauge will enter Kenshiro into a “Burst” state that rapidly increases his abilities.
The Burst state unlocks the fighting spirit hidden within Kenshiro and temporarily powers him up. In the Burst state, Kenshiro can jump high up to evade attacks and follow up with attacks. By growing, you can also mow down a crowd of enemies all at once.

Play a Lot to Unlock Abilities
By using “Destiny Gems,” which are obtained through various means, Kenshiro can unlock his hidden abilities as a successor. Since abilities are divided into four major elements, you can select which element to unlock each time and develop a Kenshiro all your own.
There are also abilities marked as “sealed.” While progressing through the story and fighting against familiar characters, you will be able to learn new techniques.

Use the Powers of Various Other Character with “Zodiac Talismans”
“Zodiac Talismans” are items that enable Kenshiro to use the powers of various other characters. “Talismans” have the experiences of various characters within them, and have different activation conditions and effects depending on the character. For example:
Lin’s Talisman: Revives Kenshiro when he runs out of HP.
Shin’s Talisman: Increases the amount the Shichisei Gauge fills with standard attacks for a certain amount of time.
Raoh’s Talisman: Triggers the “Tensho Honrestu” ougi.
Since there are amulet that exhibit effects useful outside of battle, be sure to gradually collect them all.