Farm games

>Stardew valley is released, story is about some family member giving you a piece of shitty farm land for you to work with and turn the place around for better. and something about your grandpa/boomer
>Harvest life is released, story is about some family member giving you a piece of shitty farm land for you to work with and turn the place around for better. and something about your grandpa/boomer

why do devs do this? why can't they come up with a better fucking story from the original, previous games can serve as inspiration, but they don't have to be your copy pasta material.

Other urls found in this thread:

fablesoflaetus.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's the dumbest shit I ever heard.

Does it really need a better story shitty meme poster?

No but does game B contrary to A really need a fucking grandpa and something about inheriting his land, why not come up with something else, like I don't know, a different story like all other good games.

Rune factory 4, and 3 if my vague recollection is correct, are about you randomly walking in and someone just dumping work on you under the guise of helping you. Which is totally ok because everyone in town is so nice.

Just play the Rune Factory games

Does the reason even matter if the gameplay isn't going to change?

Well you aren't inheriting any fucking farms from grandma, women don't care about tending to the land.

Stardew Valley apparently even has your grandpa's ghost come back to judge you, for some reason.

Post best Rune Factory game
Post best barchelorette

You're amnesiac in both games.

well sure, but why can't it be something else like a regular guy willing to buy himself a farm.

you can go as far as to make a story about a dude owing money to some kike dealer and he has to pay back somehow, the story doesn't need to be complex, it just needs to be original, not good, just something that isolates itself from other similar genre.

Farm life pretty much steals every idea from stardew valley, including that shitty fishing mechanic with the green bar.

They are only for raping, user.

I heard this farming game was pretty good, but that there were only a few good crops and that you could pay to easily obtain the best fruits. Is that true?

I really don't see the point of over-complicating something so trivial if it's not going to tie into a unique and fun gameplay element. Farm may as well have fallen out of the sky, it doesn't matter if you're still going to be doing the same shit.

gotchu fam

Last time I checked, potato isn't a fruit.

For each barchelorette I put them in separate save states, married then had children with each. I like to pretend they all lived separate timelines where they all lived happily ever after.
I couldn't bring myself to delete the game thinking they're really living inside the game

I couldn't marry the last 2 because I was out of savestates, also they were the blandest. I wished them well in finding a husband

Elena was the 2nd one I courted, was a bit disappointed in her dialogue when living together because they ruin the mood, but she's a good girl because she helped you out the most.

fuck off

Are you dumb? Of course you would.
Easy.

Y'all bitches need to play Story Of Searsons
Especially

>You live next to a sweet old lady who teaches you how to farm and cook for a year until she dies from the cold in winter and lets you inherit her land, thereby doubling the amount of land you own.

breeding season

Worst waifus imaginable. All literal tumblerina stereotypes. One is even a used goods empowered super vegan.
Also, nigger, you should have know better than to expect a good harvest moon game on the PC. Just emulate Rune Factory.

Wow, she is a shit waifu.

Shit, you're right. But now I want to. Tell me how my pixelshit waifu is a whore because of some Reddit post, user.

Doesn't she become super controlling and demeaning after you marry her though? Tbh all the girls in that game are shit tier waifus. I honestly can't think of one that's as good as any of the girls in, say, rune factory 3 or something.

penny is best girl

None of these girls are good. They all have some pretentious "issue" because of the developers need for some sort of strong independent "muh realism" and are a SJW's wet dream in self indulgence, making you seem like a cucklord soyboy, which I'm sure you identify with, during your relationship with them. Hyperbole ofc, but none of these waifus hold a candle to the other games.

then post it nigger

Hilariously, the best thing to come out of Statdew Valley was an Autism Blocks modpack made by a JewTuber, simply because it finally added a good cohesive agricultural and economic system to the game. Everything else a shit though.

I've only ever played Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
Here's the objective rankings of the waifus in that game:

God tier: Celia

Acceptable tier: Nami

Shit nigger, do you WANT to get cucked tier: Muffy

Elder God tier: Lumina

I want a farm game where your cattle are prebucent girls or boys.

Yeah, it's real [other place] in here, fucko.

This user knows what's up.

Are you okay, user?
Do you need help?

You think of cattle as sexy? I just want to farm humans. How else would you raise more cattle? By breeding. Dumb shit. It's a video game, (vid-ee-oh-gay-mmm).

I'm not the one in distress here.

Poor fools.

Don't bother, he's clearly mentally handicapped.

Go take your medicine, user.

This is said every HM thread. If someone doesn't know by now it must be an absolute newfaggot.

Typical tactics from the typical. How typical. You realize how easy you are to profile?

That's my point, they would be fags if they don't know shit.

I'm in awe of your profiling techniques, York.

Relationships are retarded in Cuckjew Valley since there’s no limit to the amount of gifts you can give to someone per day, meaning you can just blaze through them in about two weeks. Both Harvest Moon and Rune Factory realized how trivial that makes relationships and changed it in their games. If you have to play Nu-Male Valley, just play it like a Captain Planet villain and ally with Not! Wal Mart.

>and something about your grandpa/boomer being a huge philanderer and he wants you to be a polygamist as well so that he can have thousands of great grandkids..
Why do devs DON'T do this?

I'm now sad to say I haven't played Rune Factory. Should I just go grab any of the games and go or is there a definite game I should play above others?

First 2 are pretty slow, 3 and 4 are amazing though. If you wanna play the whole series start with 1 but if you only want the best play 3, 4, Frontier (hack to remove runies) and maybe Tides.

That's wrong, though.

Nig grammar aside, I agree.

Stardew Valley does have a mod that changes the animals into monstergirl versions. Though I didn't get far enough and only had a catgirl at home and a few chicken lolis in the barn.

you mean 'plant flax and dye in gold dye' in 20 different jobs so you can do 20 at once and use the money of two of those to buy the whole game?

you unlock this shit at summer at max, and then you make SO FUCKING MUCH MONEY that there is no point of even playing until fucking winter

It is a mystery

Its enough of a reason to put the player on a farm and most people are more likely to get ahold of farmland through inheritance than anything else so its that association factor.
Its simple, better than just saying you just bought a shitty farm for no reason, and plenty of people probably have grandparents who own land.

cow print is so fucking hot and I dont know why.

It's probably sexy the same reason leopard print is.

What about: your father was a badass adventurer, meets a half-dragon lady, marries her, she dies when you are 4 (12 in the game world because the year only has 4 months, one per season).
You basically live on the road during your whole life, after your dad dies in combat you come back to visit your mother grave, but the entire city collapses as a giant worm attacks from underneath releasing a petrifying cloud that gets you.
Years later you are dug by a group of qt monstergirls, they unpetrify you and offer to let you live on the village if you do some work and contribute to their society, without anything else in the world and tired of travelling you decide to settle, they offer you land and you can cultivate it, or live in the tavern doing oddjobs.
I will also add the ability to choose different protags to start the game with later on

I don't know why I find that so fucking unnerving. I think it's the sound effect for the tube.

Sounds awesome.
Make sure it has cool combat and don't forget the hard but rewarding harem route.

I think I can answer this. Has something to do with conditioning. You often see hot girls (usually big-titted ones) with the cow print and so you unconsciously relate the two together - that being hot girls and cow print. Ergo, you need only the cow print to get an erection, no matter if the girl is as hot as what made you have the fetish in question in the first place.

Same story for the leopard print.

This is exactly what I want.

This but the inverted for leopard print for me, because I can only associate it with wrinkly, aged cougars and is a massive turn off.

Comfy is the focus, combat will be added later
i want to make combat 100% optional and hard as balls
Harem route will only be possible with certain girls combinations like with the Kitsune milf and her daughter

If combat is going to be hard, you should consider making it so that the player is amply rewarded for it (i.e. with sex, consensual or not) Rance style.

It will be mostly tied to getting resources and raw ingredients during exploration and expeditions

If I wanted to play Rune Factory on PC which one should I emulate? thanks

Stop pretending you'll ever finish this. I don't need anymore pointless hope

i have been working on this for over a year, i work on it every day, you can see my weekly progress on my devblog as proof, i quit my job for this, i prefer to kill myself than going back to being a wage slave on some office.
Also If everything goes well in the next 4 to 6 months bro will quit his job and join me, the development will speed up greatly

Where? you better not let me down

fablesoflaetus.com/
there is also a lot of lore posted in there borrowed under the friday progress reports

If you're such an expert, then tell me where I can find cow print long gloves please I'm getting desperate it shouldn't be this hard to find some.

thx

You'll be doing it right.
It's a shame in these sorts of games when you have a bunch of shit to craft, cook and prepare, but you don't even need it in the end since there's nothing to use them with or the combat is so easy that it makes no difference if you use them or not.

I'm gonna keep watch on this too.
I've seen some of your posts on adgd threads.
You don't seem like a bullshit dev.
It doesn't matter if it takes some time, as long as it pregresses at all and gets finished eventually, you're doing it right.

Thanks, i means a lot

That field isn't going to till itself.

If only Oceans had a real farm and real tools…

I know what I'm gonna play right fucking now

It's funny because the cover shows him holding a hoe and water bucket.

user that is a fork not a hoe.

jesus i need more like this

What are you talking about? There's like 4 around him.

why would you do this to yourself?

here's a good storyline for the brainlet devs with 0 creativity

>story is about some virtue signaling german-ish type country that has been devastated by a "great war" that lasted for centuries, turns out your ancestors had no successor and someone with great loyalty had ties with the last member of the original family member who was already fucked up from the war, loyal servant is tasked to find player that is living thousands of miles away from said country to offer him a piece of land, player is tasked on restoring the abandoned farm infamous for having landmines and other things that could blow you into pieces, demining / mining clearance pays well but its a dangerous job, uncover hidden bunkers near your farm and learn what the fuck happened, find old stash like a box full of grenades or ammunition, sell it or donate it to some shit museum in town, government encourages player to breed and have many children to restore the country's population, fuck as many as you want and be a patriot at the same time. small skirmishes still occurs even when war is kind of over, send your kids to die or come back as a hero.

tfw pass out in stardew valley at 2 am infront of your house and the joja jew steals your shekels

To have children

Because, momentarily safe from the corrupting influence of the >current year, the dream of a simple life with a loving family still exists within the virtual world.

I'd imagine it playing like Harvest Moon farming meets State of Decay roaming/base defense /scavenging. Add multi-generation inheritance system like a Grand strategy game where having a healthy family matters to create heirs to keep the farm going

This might've been an older version.
When I played it it was much better than Rune Factory and such.
You can gift them once per day, yet only twice per week. This means that each gift has more value and you don't need to play Santa for the whole village every fucking day.

Because you're not immortal, having kids and passing on what you know is the closest thing you'll ever have to perpetuity.

I could see this working if you massively toned down scavenging and made farming and base defense the priority.
Make harvest moon first then add the roaming features, since we have too many fucking scavange/base defense/crafting games.

Except in those games you are.
I already find it demotivatingly weird growing crops and not using them to not starve to death.
Nothing against immortality, but I wouldn't waste effort or money with food if I didn't have any reason to actually eat it.

But what about WILD NIG BANDITS?!