Why is the TW AI such utter shit?

What kind of whacky tobacco were they smoking when coming up with these outrageous demands?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-a-w.blogspot.com/2009/11/why-everyone-hates-you-in-medieval-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is OP such a faggot?

The A.I. are like toddlers

not an argument :^)

Who refers to witcher like that?
wtf

It wasnt an argument retard, it was a question

Why would you waste money on developing AI when customers are fucking idiots who will suck your dick no matter how little thought or work you put in AI scripting?

You meant to say The Witness, right user?

I can't think of a single strategy game that has good AI. Not really a genre for singleplayer

I bet if they took three years to make good AI and then just released any TW with that AI people would be all over it. Then they could make a new TW with said AI too.
Maybe I am just being too optimistic.

I've never played a game where the AI was not a massively retarded cunt with their demands/requests in negotiations/diplomacy.

Devs are lazy fucks that rather remove features than fix them so they can milk the franchise in peace.
See: TWW sieges.

Total War's diplomatic AI has always been a bit of a mess. Empire's is halfway decent for the European factions but the Sandniggers, turkroaches, pajeets and injuns won't agree to deals that are even massively in their favour. Actually non-whites being unable to handle diplomacy is probably accurate anyway.

GalCiv 2.

I like to jew pagans

The diplomatic AI is actually bugged and they never fixed it. From what I recall there's a hidden value that determines how all the factions view you, and it increases and decreases depending on how you behave. Now, the problem is that playing the game the normal way inflates the negative value immensely, to the point where everyone in the game will start hating and trying to attack you, while there is very little you can do to earn good goy points.

Mind you, this was the case with Medieval 2 so maybe they changed it. All it tells me is that CA were always lazy pieces of shit. They didn't even fix the two handed animation bug in M2.

t-a-w.blogspot.com/2009/11/why-everyone-hates-you-in-medieval-2.html
Here the blog post that goes into detail about this for anyone interested.

Rome is a classic for this.
Yeh, they're also notorious for breaking promises. A proper coop campaign was first supposed to be in Empire (a sort-of one was patched in ages after release) but it took until Shogun 2 to get one with all the original features.

Is there a way to get allies in this series that won't eventually attack you?

There's a diplomacy mod for Shogun 2 that ensures your long time allies won't declare war on you when Realm Divide triggers. You'll still take a hit to your relationship with them, but not such a big one that they will declare war on you.

in toto wawa elves get some gay resource from events you can spend on increasing your relation with others or lowering relations between 2 others

They turned that into a feature in Shogun 2, where after a certain point everyone (even vassls) would declare war on you. It was a broken mechanic since it also prevented you from getting any of the massive foreign trade income

HASTATI

Total War playerbase are just people who like to see tiny people fight, they are mostly braindead, so that's why the games focuses so much in units and massive battles and not in formations, fortifications, strategy and logistics.

t. cucksader kings 2 player

Thanks for adding a Trigger Warning OP, I'm offended by pejorative aimed at PoC.