Most Memorable Boss Fights of this Generation

What are some boss fights released this generation which stuck out to you the most? Be it through their presentation, narrative importance, or the nature of their challenge.
My vote goes out to Jerghingha from The Wonderful 101, particularly because the level of escalation in that fight goes off the rails.

Hard Mode: No boss fights which are basically all bosses of the game in one, everybody always automatically likes those

I unironically think the final Bowser fight in Mario Odyssey was actually damn good this time. Even killed me.

The Monster Hunter like tail spin took me off guard, same with the fire breath.

I wish it was a little more difficult, personally, the rank-optimal strategy is to use Unite Immorta to essentially skip two phases of the fight. The hardest part is the escape sequence in the middle. My favorite fight in W101 was Prince Vorkken or the Giga-Goojin.

If Monster Hunter counts, though, it has the best boss fight in literally every single generation. No other game has bosses with this much depth and gameplay range.

Not sure if it counts, considering the whole game is centered around them.

if only the combat and controls weren't so utter shit in the monhu games

Bane vs Cia

Fucking weirdos. Been focused on pussy. And beer bro.

My battle with my crippling depression is the best boss battle cause I just can't win.

This guy was such an insane ass kicker he was a blast to play against without cheesing him with the special attack. Especially the part where he uses your own special attack and the only way to dodge it is to time your block.

I battle with Holla Forums all around Holla Forums. I defeat the shills and of course the Holla Forums buffallos. This i far more important than any video game, I'm destroying shills.

All those boss fights went of the rails. I was a bit luke warm on the game bit after hitting the first fight I couldn't put it down

Give it a standard, fluid gameplay where you don't have to commit to anything, and you have Toukiden, ie. just a musou with bigger enemies. Monhun is inseparable from its weighty combat, and if you're not willing to learn it and appreciate it, you might as well give up the idea of discussing it entirely. Why would a chess player discuss with someone who wants to make it tic-tac-toe?

Couldn't agree more

The Watchers are pretty damn good, but the fight with Gael is even better

Good lord, Holla Forums hasn't recovered from NeoGAF dying, has it?
I can only pray you people will go away, but I know you won't.

That's one way to spin it, I guess, but there's no excuse for not having more fluid animations and intermediate states between actions that would greatly increase the player perception of fluidity.

That final boss in Ninja Gaiden two. the recent one not the nes/arcade one

Since you already mentioned Jergingha I'll give a mention to Shibusawa from Yakuza 0. That game's full of great bosses (Kuze being a fan favourite) and I genuinely really enjoyed all of them, but Shibusawa is the standout one for me.
>reasonably difficult to boot I didn't have any healing items left by the time I got to him on my first playthrough so that probably didn't help
Both thematically and gameplay-wise it's one of the most satisfying and climactic final bosses I've played in a long time.

Capcom shill please go.

AJ Styles' battle against the gay community

Didn't he lose to Billy Herrington, though?

too many in just one game

Many from the SoulsBorne games. Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising.

Yuuka vs Hulkster was still better.

mandatory

Ludwig the Accursed/Holy Blade from the Bloodborne DLC. It gets pretty much everything right.
Very challenging but fair for the most part and it's pretty fun when the "rampaging beast" archetype can be hit or miss in that department with a second phase that switches to a hybrid beast-duel boss and is introduced with a fantastic cutscene as the music switches to this creaky, haunted tune to this beautifully heroic melody as you see a man trapped in a beast's body regain his conscience and his dignity and now wants to fight you as a man. It's a genuine thing of beauty.

There's a lot of good ones, many already mentioned like Armstrong, Gael, Shibusawa (though Awano is personal favorite Y0 boss) and even a shitload of other Bloodborne bosses like Gehrman, The One Reborn or the Cleric Beast but my vote's on Ludwig.
A honorable mention to Shido in Persona 5; a very drawn out fight but it's pretty fun with a kickass theme song and a lot of cool imagery. And I wish Adam in Automata got more development both as a character and a boss, the potential's there but never feels truly realized.

Gawker.

although not the -best- fight persay i'm a huge fan with the third(?) Kuze encounter where Kiryu fucking knocks his sunglasses off with a fantastic punch and the boss music kicks in and you and nishiki clobber the fuck out of him

That moment and the one you posted are definitely two of the coolest intros in the game. I really like Lao Gui's as well, the music kicks in at just the right time and it's one of the more menacing-sounding songs in the game, which compliments his appearance really well.

I haven't played any games from this generation.

Pretty much almost every boss in Antibirth.

This

Why is he so hot

Came here to post this, its not as nuanced as Majimas which fits with the theme, its just 2 guys at the peak of their power beating the shit out of each other.

It's a legitimately great platformer boss fight, retard. And if you watched some playthroughs or played the game yourself, you would know that about everyone dies at least once to him.

It's your taste that's shit, not the game.

tbh I can't remember any of the bosses from any of the games I beat for "this generation". the list of games I beat for "this generation" is pretty extensive and spans 2 consoles, a handheld, and PC.

since I didn't get a chance to play through this game "last generation", and "this generation" is a crock of shit with 3 fucking console versions per manufacturer… I choose pic related.

wew, going a little bit on an elitist rant aren't you? I can see you have your head up your ass and I ain't even lookin at you.