Calugula Overdose & New Anime

Now with FeMC
Caligula Effect is getting a PS4 remaster with Unreal Engine graphical upgrades (it looks a bit like that No More Heroes graphically) including additional story, characters, an alternative feMC choice, more music and apparently, if the trailer is any indication, a new mastermind?
The game is set to run much better for obvious reasons and will be released in the Nippon Islands round May of next year.

Also an anime, but more on that later

Other urls found in this thread:

caligula-anime.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fug

No idea what's up with the plague doctors but that could be very interesting considering the stock of villains who were already in the game.
FeMC is a stoic cutie who's so pettanko she may as well be a long-legged loli. "Here’s a look at a new female protagonist voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, who voiced Toko in Danganronpa" Interesting but pointless since she's just gonna be grunting or making anime sounds here and there. Maybe some in-battle lines.
New party members are voiced by Maria Naganawa and Kenji Akabane, known for the loli in Occult;Nine and Ivan "Slam the Black Martian Race into Space" Perepelkin from Terra Formars

Official Trailer
Unlike other companies like Capcom, etc. Furyu didn't decide to spoil the whole story in the trailer for this remaster.

Is it even a remaster, though? At this point with all the added content it's rather like .Hack//G.U.
I wonder what they'll do with the story

Shill.

No rush then.

I might get it this time around if it comes over. Those slowdowns really pushed me away from the original.

They're trying to fix Caligula Effect to make it less shit? That's cool.

There's also the anime coming out, which will likely follow the original Vita version's story, so those without a Vita (or who get nauseous at occasional frame-rape) can enjoy it that way. Hopefully they don't pull a P4 anime style and have the protagonist speaking unnecessarily.
caligula-anime.com/
Anime's set for April and I'm sure will definitely be fan translated before Overdose is localized.

I'm sure Atlus will publish this one on behalf of Furyu, too. Might as well just wait on it till then since there's no reason to get an inferior version.
I think the story will definitely be different, so the Vita version has its place, but being able to run through the game without staggering frame-drops and having so much more content is superior by far.

uh huh
Let me guess, you use Steam, don't you?

Fuck this shit. Why does this show up in random fantasy bullshit, but there is not a single game where I can play an actual plague doctor? I just want to save peopleor dump them into a pest mass grave if I fail.
Anyway, this looks like a typical jrpg+high school simulator. Is there anything particular interesting about it?

For starters it's from the guy who wrote Persona 2 so it's bedrock isn't set in the SoL sim that latter Persona games (and after their success, other JRPGs like Tokyo Xanadu, etc.) go for.

The world is fake and those who wake up to this realization can't go back to blissful ignorance but either overcome their trauma or become a drone because of it - and everyone has trauma. Everyone has a broken or sordid past, ranging from suicide to whoredom, bullying, child abuse and more. It is for this reason that these pathetic and wicked people were sucked into Mobius, the spiritual matrix the story takes place in.
However, it's revealed that the longer people are in Mobius the less connection they have with the real world, leaving their bodies to remain catatonic. People have already starved to death or gotten into accidents (and its mentioned that parents who are stuck in here may have allowed their babies to starve to death), leaving them as souls without bodies forever trapped in this daylight dream.
Because the world is fake, people in it have fake appearances which have been altered slightly or drastically by the overlord of this spiritual matrix, a pop idol who says she just wants to make everyone happy.

To say more is really giving it away, but I like to suggest it's a bit like a blend of dot hack and Persona 2.
It's also been said that the chief writer really wanted to challenge severe taboos and that's why there's so many grim elements to the story and themes. At one point the folks in charge supposedly even went so far as to suggest to him,
to which he responded by going harder, apparently to enough success to earn an anime and full-on remake with additions like Overdose.
Course that's just hearsay.

At its core Caligula Effect is about abandoning the desperate escapism we put on ourselves to flee from facing our trauma. It's a mystery plot with the central theme of overcoming our wounds and growing up.
That's the reason I enjoy this game so much.
…Well that and I like juggling enemies for extra damage, but the framerate isn't very consistent in the combat and can sometimes be a pain in the ass with slowdown depending on how many opponents there are.

Well, that's a lot about the story(kinda interesting though), but what about the gameplay?

I have to say, much as I'm really glad for what Overdose offers and its promise of a consistent framerate in combat, I really don't like the new look. The old aesthetic showed the characters breaking the digital surroundings and glitching through the matrix to fight, which makes sense in the world's context since Mobius wasn't meant to have conflict like this. It was also just cool to look at.
The new aesthetic is lazy in comparison. No more glitching or static. Everyone is just blue. That's it.

Gameplay has you going through dungeon areas built like a school, a mall, an aquarium, etc. You go near an enemy, they transform and combat begins. In combat you have different moves and each character in your party (you can only take three at any time with you) has a particular talent. One guy is a bruiser good for lifting opponents in the air, where you can then shoot them and get more damage on them. Another is great for status effects. Long range, short range, fast attacker, etc. all factor into how you deal with an enemy.
The ideal method which becomes necessary as you continue on is to keep the enemy off their feet or out of attack. If they guard, use an attack that breaks the guard, if they are about to attack get yourself out of the way. You can look up the combat online. It's about prep work and quick thinking until you unlock your ultimate attacks, at which point it's about juggling those and replenishing your stamina to do it again.

When you're not fighting you're interacting with the main cast before each dungeon and between narrative segments. Each character has a very interesting backstory and the more you interact with them the more moves they unlock, if I recall. It's worth it, especially Shogo, but their character episodes are tied to the narrative so expect to hit a wall and need to continue the main story before seeing more of their extra-plot development.

You can also recruit random NPC as, well, PC, but why would you? It's pointless. They don't add anything, don't give depth to anything, have no character or story and are essentially fodder. You'll stick with the main party the whole game since they are actual characters and they really grow on you, especially once you find out who they really are.

The major selling point is the story obviously since this is a JRPG but the combat is genuinely fun (when it works) and there's little things here and there for you to search out on your own, little side-quests which each have their own small stories that build up the world and themes a bit. Maybe. Mostly. To be honest I haven't done even half of them by the time I finished the game. They are entirely optional.

In the end the story and characters are the core of the game (as usual) so I highly suggest looking up absolutely nothing about that at all to really experience it for yourself. It's great. As for combat, you should look that up and see if you think it's worth it as it is. It's a flawed but good game for the Vita, but if the framerate seems like a deal breaker then just look up a longplay or something or wait for the Overdose edition, whenever that's released.
Or wait for the anime in April.

not buying

are you going to defend cuckolding in this thread too?

It's either PC or PS4, guy, and most anons on here are hopeless Gabe concubines who would never admit that they, too, have succumbed to the truth that "You Don't Own Nuthin' Goyim". Very few actually play PC games which they own. Good on you if you do, but considering your wannabe '09 tier console-war faggotry I thought you were of the newer gen who thinks Steam is the only viable option and wishes everything came to Steam.

Original game has male protag.
Overdose has optional female protag.
Can you read?

You are never cuckolded. You do not cuckold anyone. No one is a cuck in the game. You don't have to romance the single mother. There are better girls in the game. You don't listen to this, though, because you are so traumatized from coming out a broken home in Detroit that you get triggered (using that term in its proper psychological application) and start REEEing every time the game is mentioned.
pic related
now go away

I had heard about single mothers being bad for children (and know from experience with fatherless people), but I hadn't considered that.
Sage for off-topic

Might give it a go then, I just don't even like the option being there because if this game ever takes off every faggot will demand the feature for every game proceeding it like they do with Persona. P3P was also a blatant cash grab and the female mc added nothing to the game except story breaking garbage, yet people eat that shit up for some reason. I never played the original Calugua because the fps was awful though.

jesus christ why are you so obsessed with this weeb shit?

hue
Then yeah just wait until Overdose comes overseas in a year or two. Or if there's a sale on the Vita original version.
I know what you mean and thankfully it doesn't seem like it'll get the same Big Bang Theory crowd that P3P got with their adulation for the FeMC. It's optional so don't worry. The game is still built and written with the original MC in mind, I'm sure.

What's it like not knowing the proper application of the terms you regurgitate? pic related is "weeb"

And into the trash it goes

Since when could you play as a proper woman in a JRPG?
Ever?

There's a JRPG on Vita where your character's breasts grow in relation to her level, "Labyrinth Z" or something, I forgot the name.

No, thanks.

My Oreo Chronicle is not weeb you pleb

Enlighten me about how a game called MOE Chronicle is not weeb. Am I missing something?

Oh! I forgot about that one. You can also molest the character portraits and make them moan, right?

How am I shilling anything? Did you not read the thread?

I guess shitting on the Xbone is console wrs as well

Like you had WiiU threads?
We were talking about the remake. Why would they release the remake on the same system as the original? A whole thing from the last thread was if Caligula would get a PC port or not.

They're a company, not my God.

I'm not a queer; don't shove your junk in my mouth. I never said that.

Because otaku ecchi pandering isn't the same as a western game pretending to be japanese. The closest game we have for weebs is No More Heroes.

If I pull that hash off, will you die?
Youre still a fucking autistic nigger for continuing to make threads nobody asked for. You consist of roughly half of all the posts. The level of attentionwhoring and samefagging is disgusting.
>>>/resetera/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/

Didnt Caligula just come out?

That's backwards, actually
The reason single motherhood shows up in studies as having atrocious outcomes (rather than just very bad) is because blacks are so disproportionately raised by single mothers. Much of the rest of the effect comes from the fact that women who become single mothers and the men who fuck them tend to be shit people with shit genes. The interesting question that would isolate the real effect if it exists (I think it does, but am not aware of it ever actually being demonstrated) is what happens to kids raised by a single mother when the father's absence isn't his fault or the mother's fault. You could check this by studying children of dead soldiers, for instance.

It came over here this year but it wasn't received so well for performance issues.

oof. Touche. That's a good point…

Sounds about right

It's always a year later, user.
oh btw they're making a PS4 version of Shining Resonance. That also didn't come out too long ago

Well we know from previous studies, if I recall, that widows raise better kids than single mothers since, despite technically being a single mother, the father figure was in the child's life for some amount of time. Also something to do with the psychology of the family structure being set thanks to having had a husband/father even if he died early on. His memory keeps things in check, so to speak.
But that one's more common sense and anecdotal than actually studied.

is that vanilla?

Waste of resources in every sense of the word. As expected of sega to make bad business decisions.

Also it's not backwards: thug rapists and gangbangers are fatherless brats abused and/or coddled by worthless women as single mothers. Fact.
You never see a father in that neighborhood since they're about as tangible as Santa.

It's not "blacks are violent, therefore single mothers contribute to this" but "single mothers are a detriment, therefore blacks are violent" in these scenarios. In the USA there is perhaps no race so thoroughly ruined, so utterly berift of the nuclear family, than Blacks. The destruction fo the family order is what led to 13% population committing 50% of violent crimes.

Single Mothers are simply the highest sign of disfunction and greatest breed of disfunction as a result of this. Hence the worthlessness of the typical Black woman who has no aspirations beyond "get me my welfare check, twerk to get pregnant and get free dollas from child support IMMA GET PAID"

Shining Resonance was fun and the girls were cute and the dragons were cool. Shut your face.
Also you don't know what "weeb" means, stop embarrassing yourself.

Niggers are going to be niggers whether they have fathers or not.

Counterpoint: The way blacks are in America isn't too dissimilar to the way they are in Africa. Forcing the nuclear family on them would lead to objectively better outcomes but it's not their natural state and arguably isn't our concern.

Everyone's favorite Raise a Baster Simulator: Single Mother Edition is getting an anime. How exciting!

*Bastard

I mean he's not actually wrong, negroes were in better shape in the Jim Crow era. You can't make them smarter but you can socialize them to a limited degree.
I'm just so tired of paternalism and trying to uplift these people when we should just let them revert to their natural state in a country of their own. If black nationalists can get them to act like human beings, great. If not, whatever, it's no longer our problem.

Don't hold your breath.

No, it's "Niggers are subhuman, therefore both niggers can't keep families together and niggers are violent."

This. Blacks have never figured out fatherhood other than isolated cases under the direction of other races.

Depends on where in Africa. Zambia is much different than Zimbabwe, for example. However note that Zimbabwe is just an example of what America will endure if entitlement, soullessness and free passes (culturally, not legally) continue to be given to rapists and abusive single mothers among blacks in America.

Don't compare Blacks in America to Somalia. Compare Blacks without a proper family to those from "da hood". Chiraq wasn't caused by Christian Blacks with dads and mothers who submit to their husbands. Usually those are the first victims until the sharks get a taste for White meat.

What are you talking about? They had the family for a long time until a sociopolitical change. The destruction of the family led us here. It was round the time of muh Malcom "We Should Go Back to Africa" X if I recall. Black Panthers hunting FBI agents, etc. Civil Rights forgot about the family and brought on racial collectivism as more important, thus how most American Black constantly compares themselves to Whites (and mainly Whites) at every stage of their life today.

Here we go again.

The state of Blacks in America at that time was imposed by Whites. The sociopolitical change you refer to was one of a shift from White dominance to Jewish dominance, with Blacks changing roles from a recognized underclass shepherded along by Whites to an army of golems to be weaponized by the Jews. Because the Jews don't care about Blacks except as a tool against Whites, they didn't bother with the paternalism and, if anything, encouraged an exaggerated version of what Blacks naturally tend towards (i.e. with drugs, gang culture, etc.).

Let me make it clear that I'm not anti-Black in that I want them to fail. I just question the wisdom of attempting to bring them back to White cultural norms. Extended kinship groups, tribalism, and matriarchal family structure isn't something that was created by material conditions, it's just their nature. As far as I'm concerned, we should separate and allow them to run their society the way that they wish, without interference by Whites or Jews.

He is probably feom a carpetbagger state, and his nog family has been for ages. Some/seldom older negro families from the south are very aware of how nice things were when whites were in charge. Northerner nogs were almost always jewish golems.

I never figured out what few smart niggers there are think will happen once they get rid of whitey. They must realize chinks, mudshits and spics are far more competent than them and have no problem visualizing their extermination.

Niggers cannot think ahead, so that doesnt come to thought often for them. Negroes/house niggers probably have enough social upbringing from whites to assimilate without much issue. But today's chimps? Theyd probably just become feudal raiders/savages, as nature intends. Or, Detroit 2: The Niggening

Leftist twitterfags tell them the chinese are colonizing africa to free them from capitalism and they believe it. These fucks will believe anything as long as it conforms to their pipe dreams of a future ruled by "blackness".

Enough of this it's derailing the thread and not remotely supported by the stats we've seen and the common sense in our skull.
Fact is, men like webm related are root in
1. God
2. Family
This is what separates the thug from the man, the father from the wife-rapist (not his wife, mind you).
You can go anywhere you please in the world and you will always find the disparity between those who have values and those who do not, and what lies at the foundation, or lack thereof, between them?
What is the dividing line?
The family and the God. You can function to some degree if you remove one, but to remove both leads to Chiraq and Detroit - which, by the way, are liberal run.

If Blacks were inherently violent, lazy and worthless then these absolute opposites would not exist, yet they do, and so we must question what factors led to their creation. When we look back we see that at one time Blacks had proper families and though there was still plenty of criminality it was not the bleeding streets and over-shoulder-glancing we see today. Remove the father, remove God, and you have darkness.

BACK to Caligula Effect

The majority of them are.

Don't insult yankees by associating them with niggers, that's rude. Besides there are more in the south

All I wanted was to talk about my favorite game of 2017 and how it's getting an anime and remake.
That's all I wanted

Pass.

If it makes you feel better, if I ever get a ps4 or a non-toasterand this game actually gets a port I might get it.

And every bit of that shits on the memory & legacy of the Shining Force franchise. It's poison, and you're poison.

You got a problem with Unreal Engine, Senpai?

welp
heres to waiting until heat death for a pc port/ps4 emu or something

How?
No really, how does it ruin the memory and legacy of Shining Force?

Maybe it'll get a PC port in another year. I mean Overdose is coming out in Nipland just om two years of the Vita release so maybe

I appreciate the thought, though I really am not being paid by Atlus

The Overdose edition or the anime?

Wait what's wrong with unreal?

Good, the west took the Sony exclusives like Uncharted and made them pozfests of the highest degrees. Nothing good can come from the west as long as the west is still the lair of Das Juden.

Misread the post. I thought they were using frostbite instead of unreal.

So essentially we can never have a good WRPG again, huh?
Looking back I can't even remember the last good one that everyone could enjoy. You gotta go back to the good ol' days of Daggerfall and such.