AW/Wars thread: Hiroshima'd edition

Favorite
I just beat AW2, it was a step above the first in terms of map design, and I liked the characters more here as well, but the visuals were stronger in the first. With the exception of Kanbei, Sami and Drake, the returning cast looked way better before. The sprites for cities and bases were also less defined, which I didn't like, but that's just nit-picking.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/dPyRQ
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Grassroots_youkai_network
mega.nz/#F!P5YAADLY!6KcKpFnTgxkwcRNnO7jjxQ
archive.is/L3bH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please do not buy the Phil Phish indie knockoff.

I like the first game better than out of all them.
A shame both GB games have the cheating AI in the fog of war missions.

Enjoy your garbage NuFE games
t.Nintendo

I would actually have hope if it was merely published by Chucklefuck, but its actually being developed by them.

Tiny Metal looks alright though

A blessing in disguise.

Jokes on you, I wasn't aware it existed.
Can I get some details on it/why it sucks?

Its made by Chucklefish
Same guys who did Starbound
SJW cuckholds of the worst kind

Tiny Metal looks better and is being made by Nip devs so I'm hopeful it will turn out alright.

Heres Chucklefucks game

I expect hit pieces to be done on the Nip game by the usual suspects in an attempt to discredit a competitor in the same genre.

Christ I had forgotten how bad the character portraits were. They look like really bad Undertale fanart.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit
Someone post those pictures of Chuclefuck in their offices being degenerates.

Looking for an 11/21 release
archive.is/dPyRQ

Gay

Whats the issue here, the models are pretty good.
Where?

combat sprites are bretty gud, background sprites are a little bland
Overworld sprites are eh.
Yeah those character portraits are disastrous

The 3D models are clearly designed with a super deformed look in mind, look at how stumpy their legs are and how gigantic the heads are.

Out of these two, I say with a heavy heart that wargroove looks better. The 3D models don't sit well with me, it looks like some mobile shit, the actual game part doesn't seem that impressive either. They put a lot more emphasis on the battle scenes in this trailer, and that's troubling.
I really do mean with heavy heart though, because despite looking a lot better visually (portraits not withstanding), and seeming a lot closer to AW, I know this will end in a pozzed-up trainwreck.
Someone post the Colin vs Kanbei webm.

Some more thoughts on AW2

Very retarded meme, OP. It only works with cartoons or live action.
Sturm a best but competitively speaking I guess I like to pick Sensei or Sami.
AW2
They all suck cause they don't take into account FTA but Sole Harbor is a comfy war room map.
In AWDS they look like this mix of realistic and cartoony that is very jarring. DoR is godawful looking, people even attempting to defend the huge upscaled jpegs are morons.

I don't want IS to make another game of a franchise I like. They'll end up making retarded translations, adding petting minigames and overall making it stupidly easy, AWDS campaign was already a walk in the park thanks to Sasha and Dual Strikes, War Room maps were also much easier (the earliest ones were reworked so they were more favorable to the players) and the AI has less but weirder fixations, i.e. they're definitely trying to stop you from achieving an S rank rather than being programmed to beat you and they really have a hate boner for Black Boats. Also the DS units are tons of fun to use until you go in multiplayer and everyone spams Black Boats and Mechs on naval maps, or Black Bombs their way into victory using Colin, or builds Piperunners on cities using Hachi's Force applied to the rest of the cast. Finally, they made Lash unbelievably weak by making her terrain stats worthless and COP fill up so fast it's pointless to use the weaker one unless you're Adder, Koal, Kindle, Campaign Sasha or early match Colin.

You mean that medieval looking shitstain with the tumblrette captains? I'd be surprised if people from the AWBW community would go out of their way to get it when the best romhack already exists and there's folks like Xenesis who make AW2 and AWDS their bitch with extra features that Nu-tendo would probably charge extra to have in-game.

My only gripe with it is that it looks terrible but otherwise I have very high expectations. Worth a pirate or a buy if it's really good.

Wish we had more Famicom Wars shitposting

There's plenty of new war room maps in AW2 but they're basically post-game content. You'll find out how shitty the AI at navigating around pipelines when they're on their side, though.

Checking those digits.

What are some good balance hacks for the GBA games?

Also any for Days of Ruin? I want a non-overpriced carrier.

Actually, I have changed my complaints, the graphics look alright in motion even in chibi style and the COs look like they do come from the same world as the units. BUT
WHY THE FUCK DO ALL THESE MODERN 3D REMAKES OF 2D GAMES HAVE THIS SLATED CAMERA ANGLE
WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT LOCKED IN A GRID? "MUH 3D EFFECT" MY ASS
It pisses me off so damn much, I hope there's a way to modify it because no way in hell I'm zooming in and out to look at the actual map all the time, also I hope you can shut those units up, it's fine in an RTS like Command and Conquer because there's so many units and you need an immediate way to tell which one is doing what and if the enemy is getting killed, but they're just spouting random RETSU PARTEE when selected, they're not even difficult to tell apart for God's sake, nips have terrible tastes

Choose your fighter

What kind of features are we talking here?

What fucking wish from a monkey paw made these two?

shiggy
And pretty much anything that you could do to the fucking ROM and then some.

Tell me about it, I'd still go for Tiny Metal though because on the one hand it looks like they're nailing the balance much better than the other game and for the other I don't want to support fucking commies.

That ad is using the rising sun flag which the Imperial Japanese forces used, so they'll use that as a point of attack. Since they are clearly nazi sympathizers.

Holy shit

The AW2 portraits still churn my stomach.
Any romhack that fixes that?

Don't think so but you could probably ask him how to replace the CO sprite, which shouldn't be difficult. The hard part is probably getting someone to draw AW1 inspired AW2 exclusive commanders like Adder. God bless the Nazi Scene Kid.

There's a lot of banter and AW2 memes in that hack. Case in point, each mission has Hachi give you the most useless but correct instructions to win battles, other ones point out how retarded the game is at pretending ammo-less battleships aren't functional and so on so forth.

Just like in my real Advance Wars

I wouldn't mind the characters introduced to have that art since there aren't any superior counterparts even if they look a bit iffy.
But the characters introduced in 1 lack detail and emotion in the second game of which I was used to.
Sturm and the soldiers look alright though.

That's because AW2 was an expansion pack to AW1 IIRC. They were already developing what would become DS but didn't have the resources to actually finish it (notice that the three games are not that far apart in terms of releases). I believe that's why Flak and Adder aren't in the main campaign, nor there's any CO animation either.

Nice. I'm looking at the AW hacking scene, and it seems like something I could actually get into. I'm already familiar with FE romhacking, and it seems like that will make it easier.
I'm planning on doing a touhou themed campaign for AW2, so before I start, who should be in/replace the COs? it's important that I get this out of the way now so that I can write the story around them.

Flak did appear in the campaign though, as a cyborg.

I'll echo what another user mentioned ITT, the chucklefuck AW clone (which I had no idea was even indev) looks better, artistically speaking. It has the same general AW aesthetic. It's a blatant goddamn copy of the artstyle and mechanics, but whoever the artist/animator is did some solid work. The tinymetal game looks like it would be more mechanically solid and complex, because it isn't chuckfuck. However, I cannot stand how those models look and the overall animation, it looks like mobileshit. Like I could see an ad for this thing playing on TV telling people to download through the iPhone app store or some shit.

If the tinymetal nip could make his game look great, I bet he could make a killing.

The PSP had some sort of Advance Wars knockoff.
I only played maybe the first two or three stages because the ISO I was using was botched, but it seemed like it was adequate.
Might be worth checking out if you're fiending for Advance Wars but don't want to play through AW2 for the 12th time.

So is Advance Wars By Web any good?

The community is a bunch of spergs and the website it runs on is atrociously outdated (every fucking move refreshes the entire page, even clicking on an unit) but AFAIK that's the only alternative there is short of sending sav files or actual online lan gba emulation which I don't think exists yet. Also last time I checked they tried to make everything balanced and don't really know if they succeeded at that or not but I do recall them making some pretty damn awesome custom maps.

Oh no
Add Clownpiece obviously and make a compressed version of Hail to the Chief as her theme
Yes I recall the game never explicitly telling you Jugger is an actual robot or a guy in a mech suit. His casual clothing is killer.

Don't know what you mean by this.
But VBALink is around since 2004.

That's a game changer, how stable is it?

I only have played Four Swords with it.
And have not touched it since 2009 or so, it worked well enough then.

It's just about the worst way to play AW, yet it's the only one with any meaningful userbase. Consider Mednafen for the GBA games, AltWFC for Days of Ruin, or emulator + screen-share for Dual Strike.

Put my nigga Tenshi in somewhere.

Is this referring to a Xenesis mod? I can't find anything besides that neat War Room 2012 hack he did.

Also, I don't suppose anyone has some sorta mirrror for Advance Wars Network's design maps pages? I feel nostalgic for my old maps.

I don't remember rest or don't have any ideas for them.

The link is in the video's description.

No idea but AWBW's website has a custom map area, they're probably reposted there.

Super nice thanks, and I assume he's folding it into that most recent video he posted.

So what I've thought up for factions is:
Hakurei Shrine; Reimu, Suika, Mima
Youkai Mountain; Sanae, Aya, Nitori
EoSD; Remilia, Sakuya, Patchy
Misty Lake; Cirno, Daiyousei, Wakasagihime
Forest of Magic; Marisa, Alice, Mamizou
The CO powers for them will probably range from obvious (Nitori would be a better Andy) to huge leaps of imagination (dunno what the fuck Patches would have)

Some suggestions
Rename to Scarlet mansion obviously
Consider a fairy faction replacing waggi and moving her to a separate one of the underground yokai faction (can't recall the name) with awoo and banki
Witches faction, replace mami with patchy. And scarlet's patchy with meiling

Replace Wakasagihime with Letty.
Patchy power should be something related to magic.
Maybe ignore defense rating or set damage to enemy units.

Underground youkai grass network.
Or something like that.

Grassroots Youkai Network
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Grassroots_youkai_network

See, these could work, but I'm still not sure if I want to have the factions based on location.
I like this.

There are a lot of trios in toho, I get what you mean but location is somewhat relevant since similar characters stay together, plus they can provide a theme for soldiers.

secret unlockable character coming through.

Why not entire secret faction?
Yakumo residence: Yukari, Ran, Chen.

This shit made me laugh so hard.

How the fuck did I play AW2 so many times and miss that?
I know why, it's because I kept using the same COs for most mission. Curse this desire to play optimally each time!

That's because it's from a romhack making fun of Advance Wars. It's rather well done in that you have to exploit a lot of shit the AI tends to do if you want to stand a chance at actually making progress, except for the last missions which is lame.

Infantry should have a "dig in" option, it would make infantry more usefull and also artillery would be more important.

Sort of like Panzercorps?

How would an option to eat make them more useful?

Andy pls.

I'll try to keep character relations in mind. I'm still thinking of what the scenario for 5 2hu factions to go at each other would be.

I've made like 20+ skirmish maps on a Days of Ruin save and wanna share em with some people so they aren't forgotten and thrown away. They're all pretty fun but a few of the maps are unfinished. Anyone want em? I could put the .dsv file & the rom in a mega link or something

Nigger Infantry is already overpowered and not even DoR could make them weaker. Stealth Infantry would be a cool idea but they need to fix the cost and health of the normal one.

Do it and post screenshots.

Managed to get the European version of AW2 for a few bucks. Is there any particular difference between it and the US version? I haven't found any information on that.

Just some extremely minor script changes. Flak incorrectly refers to bombers as indirect units in a tutorial mission, and Adder's super is renamed.

Prolly some name changes and a bunch of funetik acsents.

They're pretty easy to spam and protect your regular units with.

They're only good to protect caps and chokepoints though.

Won't that drop your rank if you lose a lot of infantry as meatshields?

Here are some screenshots of a couple maps, hopefully the save works otherwise I'll be back in a few hrs to check and see whats up

mega.nz/#F!P5YAADLY!6KcKpFnTgxkwcRNnO7jjxQ

Originally played this save on drastic using android but tested the save out on X432R Desume and it seems to work as well. Should even work if you put it on a flashcart and decided to play on a ds instead

Yeah.

Mechs are considered even worse becaus they get to beat tanks at the cost of reduced speed and a bit more cash, but are pretty much as expendable. DoR tried to fix it by making them pricier but still fucked up because they're as good as ever and Bikes are absolutely ridiculous. IMO they should just up the cost to 2000 and/or make some land units capable of anhilating infantries in one turn (or even less, as in, if the Infantry is already badly damaged, the attacker can move the number of tiles that would have moved if he hadn't attacked the unit in the first place, and have another go at them while he's at it).

Nice

Honestly, no. Infantry are absurdly difficult to kill, especially pre-DoR. You only lose technique if a unit hits 0 HP and dies, so if you keep a steady supply of fresh meat coming, it's easy to pull back a damaged shield for repairs or just join it with a new one.

You'd think tanks and the like could just run over infantry.

Anyone here played Gadget Trial?

Dropped.

Alright, I can live with that. Thanks.

Is it any good?

I just started AWDS, can't comment on much beyond the visuals and music being amazing save for the portraits, still don't know how they've failed to match AW yet.
I'm still not super certain on what these other headquarters for the countries are doing on different continents. Are they colonies or something?
And did everyone just forget what happened at the end of AW2? How are they surprised Black Hole is back?

I think it alright. Closest thing in spirit and presentation to AW I've played so far, though it is mechanically a bit different. Go play it and decide for yourself.

Was playing as Adder and couldn't stop thinking about this.

There should have been some sort of accuracy stat to make COs like Adder not shit.

Sure stinks of casual around here

You're taking an edit a bit seriously.

You're taking a shitpost a bit seriously

wew lad

Is there anyway to zoom into the map in DS? This is bugging the shit out of me.

One of the shoulder buttons? Pretty sure that was it for Day of Ruin, though not sure which one you're playing.

Sorry but no. You're going to have to live with the awkward angled skew they added.

I'm guessing everything works if no one mentioned anything. Hope someone who likes DoR as much as I do has fun playing the maps since I don't have friends to play with anymore

I saved them, I'll get around to trying them when I get to DoR. Can DoR's story at least be fun in an ironic way?

A little more gloomy than the previous titles but it's great. Wouldn't call the story "fun" due to the atmosphere but it not bad in any way, pretty memorable characters & campaign maps. Has lots of qt CO's to brighten the mood

My problem with advance wars is that infantry can actually take down tanks. But also nobody uses scooter bikes like how they did in ww2 but then it jump to humvees that somehow cant capture cities? But then it jumps to light tanks? But no IFV or anything like a stryker or lav or anything!

Very memorable indeed. There are some handsome fellows, to say the least.

No, the only two passable characters are Fat Morgan Freeman and the Mayor of Freehaven (a pure soul who just wanted peace for his people). Fat Hitler and Waylon if you're into ironic shitposting, I guess.

There are records of Infantry divisions taking down tanks, obviously not by shooting in their general direction. Just roll with it, it's not supposed to be realistic.

Infantry can carry pretty deadly weapons now at least for modern armies like the Javalin, or RPG 32. I always felt the game could use small upgrade units where you can have a upgrade where your infantry can leave mines, or have better anti tank weapons. But you can only pick one.

Mechs are the anti-tank infantry, Sami, Sensei and Kanbei's mechs are huge damage dealers.

I wonder if something like Valkyria Chronicles X Advanced Wars could work.
Sounds delicious.

Only if it's AW1 x VC1
Otherwise it'll be a monkey's paw kind of deal where we get the settings of VC3 with the gameplay of AWDS.

Mechs are dumb and glad they were removed in days of ruin.

user, I…

I mean the mech units the robot units. The one with 4 legs and a sphere body.

Neotanks.

Since we're on the topic of mechs, who the hell thought making them so disgustingly powerful in days of ruin was a good idea? With some proper mechspamming you could easily win against 2 or 3 AI on a map you should have no chance to beat. It's fun to do it but it really makes any kind of player vs AI a complete pushover no matter the odds

You really don't need mechs for that. The AI just doesn't know how to play effectively. Especially DoR with it's relatively complicated CO mechanics.

Oh, yeah. Neotanks were retarded, would have been cool as an AI only unit or if they had some severe drawback in versus/war rooms (i.e. while Medium Tanks are behemoths of both defense and offense, Neotanks trade the defense for an incredibly higher firepower against everything and one-shotting shit like Mechs but at the expense of having shit defense). As they were, they're just about styling on your opponent.

My guess is they wanted to buff them immensely compared to the Super Famicom era where people would spam footmen just for the sake of capturing shit instead of actual fighting. It really feels like the people in charge of balance and those in charge of the base gameplay were on two separate agendas. My idea to fix this is to add a "reserves" option where you can't have more than X units of that kind, OR, you could have X+1 units but their cost would increase to 150%, then 200% etc., basically it stops players like Sami and Sensei from using their OP units. Maybe, just to make it fairer to everyone else, they could have made the reserve penalty harsher for money COs like Hachi and Colin.

Fraking hell, like the only game out of the half a dozen I had for my PSP that I got. It's not a bad knock off.

Why would I wast hd space

archive.is/L3bH0
Cancellation when?

>Have a better time with Andy
I think I'm retarded

Looks like it's up to us Holla Forums.

Nectaris still on top, baby.

TAS strats lmao
But she's pretty OP when you use her right and especially against a human opponent. You just need to learn to prioritize targets, she needs to get lucky while fighting the slightly stronger ones, i.e. throwing Recons at a damaged Tank and getting an extra hp of damage is devastating. You also need to savescum to get ez S ranks with her.
Brexit AWDS romhack when?

Was this on purpose?

He's got two mandatory battles and only one of them is slow because of the bullshit pipes. You can just exploit his +1 movement to transports to get to Adder's hq faster. Also, never forget that the game wants you to play super conservatively and like the AI but you can just forgo it and exploit the AI and the map.

What a minor inconvenience.

Makes you think devs might not be the best business savvy people.

Suppose someone of a less strategic mind were to make an AW like game. How should they balance and make units, COs, and maps?

Don't. IS didn't. DoR was most likely an accident.

What're the odds? 🤔

I have equally as much proof as to the fact that im Jesus as to the fact that im developing a expanded AW clone. Either one are just as possible in your eyes.

TLDR: working on this but cant show shit right now. So i guess im a larper or an idea guy at this point.

Show us what you've got

I said AW-like. As in a third party dev making a game inspired by AW gameplay.

Please, I beg of you, tell us anything.

Skullgirls was good you nigger, of course it wouldn't have Marvel levels of audience. And it's probably the best indie fighter to date, bet you don't even like thicc bitches nigga

You're using CO powers. Stop that.
Advance Wars: Dual Strike because that map editor oooooooo that map editor
I actually made a wave survival map that had a combination of air, sea, and land. Red had to load boats and drive vehicles to an island Blue was located on, Blue had towers for extra damage but they could be shelled to shit or just nuke'd. I have a copy of my rom floating around on a Micro SD somewhere. I also made a battle chess map but it was kinda one sided; get to the middle first and you pretty much win, just chose Red. Play your shit wrong and lose. This was the only map I used CO powers for, that way it was actually really fun.

Why though
Also you can still have a favorite while not using CO powers.

I can't even find good art of her.

She truly blossomed before our eyes

It's not that good. Actually it's painfully mediocre and painfully derivative, with the system suffering the worst from this. There are many problems that plague the game and quite a lot of them are system deep.

They all have the tools that their archetype needs in order to to well. There is no field that any of the characters are lacking in save for their archetype faults. Cerebella is arguably the worst offender when it comes to this as she's got every command grab a grappler could want. Giving every character every tool they need should make the game more interesting but it does the oppositte; every game looks the same because it's the same characters doing the same stuff all the time. Rather than give every character everything they could have needed, they could have increased the roster size, giving certain tools to certain characters emphasizing a play style unique to that character.This also would have the added benefit of making the roster look even flashier by making it larger, a must have for any team based fighting game because more characters means more potential teams. It's got less characters than KoF 94 for cryin' out loud.
Also the characters can't shut up. They're meme spouting mongrels which makes them all insufferable to play.

The system is a direct lift from MvC 2 in a lot of regards, which is a knock against the game because why not play Marvel 2? Where the system goes wrong, it goes wrong abysmally. The game is designed from the ground up to have infinites, but people don't like infinites because it turns the game into touch of death a la Hokuto no Ken. Rather than build their game to not have infinites in the first place, Skullgirls uses the Infinite Prevention System (IPS) to negate infinites. This system forces players to use more varied combos, but then people complained that the combos are too long or that the IPS isn't pulling its weight, so there's a green bar that gets filled up and, when that bar fills up, the combo ends, limiting creativity when it comes to combos. When that bar gets filled up, it's time to reset the combo and do a mix-up to start it all over again or end in a super. Every game plays out like this. The ability to have any move be an assist only helps with this because you can build your team to more effectively force mix-up situations in that brief moment when the combo gets reset. Now you've got two systems at war with each other. The IPS wants creative combos while the green bar wants you to end your combos. The combo system is designed with neither of those limitations in mind because it's based off Marvel 2 which had its own system for denying infinites.
Also every character's hit box moves in time with their idle animations so it's very much possible to have a character whiff a move where, normally, it would have hit.

The music is nice. I wish I could hear it though over those meme mumbling muppets though. The memes never end with these characters, do they? Almost makes you happy to see a round end because then no memes are making your ear drums bleed.

Also he never said the game was bad, just that it was developed by people who don't have much business sense.

TL;DR, Skullgirls is bad. Go play Marvel 2 instead.

Essentially itd be AW going back to the GBA games but with new characters, new world and buildable defenses. Buildable defenses arent major but there are certain points on the map where you can build defenses for a steep price but with the crevat of them having quite some defensive and offensive capacity (sniper tower- anti infantry, AA battery -anti air, mega artillery- anti land, naval battery -anti sea only)

The four nations in the game are not-WW2USA, not-Soviet Russia, not-Imperial Japan, and not-Revolutionary cuba. Hell i even have the four campaigns planned out.

US and Russia clash -> cuba which is a US colony revolts -> Japan attacks the pacific region -> Russia in crisis and under siege.

All four lf the nations get a campaign in chronological order, and were planning three COs per nation. Ill share some designs later today.

One thing im aiming for is to create a proper connection between the world map and battle map, by determining where battles take place on the world map and why. If theres a river heading south in a swamp you should have a battle map containing a southward river in a swamp. As such we can at least try to let scenarios and stuggles be formed by the terrain they are in creating a sense of realism, as in playing in a continuos world rather then switching between a battle map and a world map.

I hope this is enough to explain my intentions with this game.

It was a jumbled mess I bought it, twice because I wanted to get a friend involved too. The art direction and the customizable support moves were about the only good things that came out of it. Whoever told the milfs in the recording booths to spout one liners and memes instead of grunts should be sent to the gas chambers and Michiru Yamane is an overrated /ara/, there's about three good songs, the fiighter select, Maplecrest and the credits theme. The big mistake the developers made was using the very limited cast for 2v2 battles, because of that system you're fighting the same people over and over again, regardless of mode, doesn't help that of the 14 characters cast (originally 8 even), two of them are reskins with some variation to the attacks and another one is just leftover animations. The training mode (as far as I recall, could've changed but I'm talking release to about a year in) was absolute garbage, nowhere near the level of completeness it claimed to offer. Multi meta became "who can hit first" with combos that last well into the thirty seconds mark and don't do much. I also recall there being this stupid need for certain characters, almost always on 2 character teams and depending on the patches, where at some point you'd see a million Peacocks or Valentines because they modified some move to do way too much damage or having way too much staying. The story mode was probably the single most underwhelming thing of it all, Alex Ahad had such a beautiful and dark lore surrounding the game and they just scrapped it because of a platitude of reasons, among which Mike Z's inability to keep it in his jewish pants and wanting to fuck Cerebella's VA. They couldn't even keep it to fucking GIRLS and the character voting they implemented shows that not only is democracy a mistake, they themselves rigged the poll half the time through their forums. Oh, yeah, also Eliza's gimmick was scrapped because they couldn't come up with a non process intensive way of keeping blood splatters on the ground.
I want to cream Filia's thighhigh'd back if you catch my drift wink wink nudge nudge
That's not very remarkable to be honest, when your competition is stuff like that Indie Smash Bros. no one's playing, Dive Kick and a game with SU's art style.

Except it could have never happen because 1) the way they made their own art for every single frame meant that there's just so many characters they can make before they busted, that's why they had to ask for money to finish Squigly (as well as buying back their IP, which is fucking retarded if true and just sounds like a scam) and 2) Kike Z wants to be the master Mahvel/Darkstalker expert so he just crammed all he recalled instead of asking for direction from actual veterans in the field.
Also, I'm sure they splashed the cash on voice actresses and Michiru Yamane, as well as their offices. This is why I made that post earlier, you can't make a commercial game if your team lacks either good developers or good businessmen. You end up with a misguided commercial failure if you lack the latter or with a non-game that just looks like a scam with the former.
Probably, what they should've done is opted for a much slower paced fighter that could show off the beautiful animations instead of this jumbled mess.

Just a heads up, no one likes playing defensively in strategy games, the defender is just doing chores and the attacker is just frustrated.

Now hold on there, piece of shit. It's true that Michiru Yamane is hit or miss, but the songs in this game are beyond catchy, even when they are forgettable, if you listen to it again you recognize immediately it's skullgirls and you probably won't forget for a couple of weeks. As for the value itself, I like how it sounds like Jazz, it's pretty classy in almost all levels, and it feels like 50s stuff, I really like it.
What was it?
What about Them's Fightin' Herds?

Also it's not about the style of the song, it's just that they're uninteresting. I was expecting more and got less.
High Fantasy WW1 world where Great Britain is also Nazi Germany, the Church has immense power, the Mafia basically does all the dirty work, most of the cast is scarred (especially Marie the Skullgirl and Peacock) and the Skull Heart itself had some deal-with-the-devil shit going on where it would grant a wish but it would fuck up the world in some way as well as corrupt the woman making the wish (IIRC the backstory to Parasoul is that her mum wished to end the war and became a weapon of mass destruction or some other anime bullshit), case in point Marie wants to destroy the mafia so her wish, being impure, makes undead mafiosi become her underlings in destroying the real mafia but also inadvertently makes it so her only best friend is turned into an android sent to kill her and other Twilight Zone fuckery, IIRC they were on Alex's blog and on the original Skullgirls website. It was way dope but they scrapped basically all of it.
Nigga you can't be serious

Honestly, it's perfect background music, something you are comfortable listening to but that isn't too distracting.
Fucking fantastic. I thought the game lacked a lot of seriousness, if you haven't realized with memes. At the end, a serious story would have make the humor a lot more powerful, but alas, the damn thing couldn't keep itself in good direction.
But I am. The gameplay on itself looks pretty good and Lauren Faust designed the characters and their backgrounds. I don't think it will be marvelous, but it look pretty simple to the point that it might be just better than Skullgirls.

Their range will be quite llimited, theyre a tool to assist in the specfic defense of key or chokepoints. Im thinking a range of 3/4 tiles out so that any simple artillery can maul them with impunity. Of course its also a manner of testing and seeing what works and what doesnt.

I have a loop of that.

That's kind of retarded famalam
Music should be iconic first and foremost, these fellas understand nothing of brevity
And yeah, they just meme'd on a perfectly edgy but in a comfy way story. Also isn't that NotPony game made with the same engine as Skullgirls'? I recall them using it as leverage to take autists money for their extra characters.

I'm pretty pissed about Tiny Metal getting a last second delay of a full month. Does this spell doom for the game? Should I give up all hope now and forget about it ever being a possibility?

What's the best version of Nectaris? Looking through the top results on youtube doesn't seem to do the name any favors. They honestly just look like a worse GBW3.

These are some retarded statements only EvaXephon aka the Yandere Simulator Developer, the lolcow who has a grudge against MikeZ would make.
No amount of shitposts will make him as big as a failure as you, Eva.

I only played Advance Wars (1) once as a child, having borrowed it from a friend. I blew a bunch of hours on it and returned it the next day because it was too addicting for my own good.

Now a few days ago I downloaded a CIA for my N3DS and, well, now I've locked my N3DS away because it's still just as addicting as it was back then, but I have papers to write for college.

Interesting to see that the games still have such an active community here. Any important memes to be aware of? Also how do you beat that one optional map where you fight Grit on an tiny island?

I've only played the first one. To be honest, it's nothing amazing but pretty cool and probably worth a playthrough.

Well it kind of fitting that it'd find a following here
Any important memes to be aware of?
Non that I'm aware of, there has been a lot of OC lately though.
Which one was that? I remember all the maps where you fought Grit were utter hell in AW1.

Smh.

Ridge Island, I think. The tiny island with the mountains and woods running NW to SE, with Grit in the north.

so where is a good place to start? any way to play online with you guys?

DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER!!? >:(

So far it's either Advance Wars By Net, which is shit from what I hear, or vba lan, which I haven't tried yet.

Babby meme

Mednafen is the best way to play the GBA games online. Rather than hassling with link cable emulation, it shares one instance of the game with everyone, allowing for local multiplayer with anyone you're connected with. For the DS, you'll need an additional program like Teamviewer or Anydesk to share access to your emulator. There's also AltWFC for Days of Ruin, but it's notoriously difficult to get working for emulators.

Dunno if you're still there, but what I did was use Kanbei and send recons/tanks down the gap in the middle.

Jess
Days of Ruin
Cannot contemplate this, been years since I played.

Thanks.

I would disagree, the IPS wants optimal combos that end in resets which leads to the current situation where only specific L>M>H combos get used per character. Games that have good combo flexibility limit combos my having stronger knockback/launches so that eventually you just naturally push your opponent too far away to land anything. Stuff like Guilty Gear and Under Night in Birth do this well.

As far as the roster goes, I think my problem with the roster is that unique mechanics are paradoxically downplayed for a lot of cast members. They nerfed MF's head into the dirt, Hatred Guard is very situational. Valentine's vials don't see a great amount of action. Sekhmet consuming meter relegates her to combo filler at best. etc. etc.

I've been trying to find the best way to articulate what I feel about these team based games, but a lot of them I argue sacrifice character complexity for ease of use. Characters need to be easy to understand and straightforward with their gimmicks because you are being asked to use up to three on a single team. So while the game brags about having a diverse roster, the reality much like MvC2 is that a lot of characters wind up playing the same.

This isn't some hard rule though as games like Tatsunoko vs Capcom have very diverse rosters with some minor overlap in playstyles. I think the Skullgirls initial roster would have benefitted by having less an emphasis on rushdown playstyles and introduced the "large character" and a better puppet character into the mix. I also wish Lab0 hadn't phoned it in with the DLC characters after Squiggly, you can see how the time restriction they put on themselves as well as the money forced them to compromise on a all of them. There were some good character designs and I'd like to see them get justice because I still want to like this game; but it lacks anything to draw me in now that the production hype has ended.