Buck status: Broken

Buck status: Broken.

Attached: 1686419901401316.jpg (1080x1013, 538.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2023/06/box-office-spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-1235398807/>Great
sfmcompile.club/spider-gwen-tied-up-fucked-and-filmed/https://sfmcompile.club/gwen-gets-fucked-doggystyle-by-miles/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24326626/Took
nypost.com/2023/06/10/transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-couldnt-be-tamed/>TF
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24326626/I
scientiasalon.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/the-extreme-warrior-gene-a-reality-check/https://twitter.com/rasmansa/status/1536560845408423938?lang=en>This
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

deadline.com/2023/06/box-office-spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-1235398807/>Great PostTrak audience exits prevail with 93% positive and an 82% recommend among general audiences. Still, guy-leaning at 63%, with 61% between 18-34 and the biggest demo turnout being 18-24 year olds at 40%. Very strong diversity demos, with 34% Latino and Hispanic, 27% Caucasian, 22% Black and 17% Asian/other. Across the Spider-Verse was strong everywhere, but most prominently in the East and West.Miles is ya'll hero anyway. Black folk don't claim him.

>>137651155>Black folk don't claim him

Attached: Miles.gif (500x210, 478.61K)

>>137651134That's a very good drop. Blockbusters typically want to be in the 50-60% range for the 2nd weekend. This pretty much guarantees Across has already broken even

>>137651134Enjoyed Spider-man Across the Spider-verse but Miles was the weakest part of the entire movie. They attempted to turn Miguel into a bastard but they clearly failed since Miguel was the most interesting part of the movie.

Hmm, wonder if Transformers will beat it.

>>137651794he's mixed

>>137651134saying it more can't actually make it true, user. magic isn't real.

>>137652025It’s not looking like it from my fandango though I have noticed that EVERY screening of spiderverse has the entire front rows sold out, even if there are plenty of better rows still available

>>137652025Does Optimus get trans gf? If not then I doubt it

>>137651155Seems like they should have made Miguel the MC. The Latinos are the ones who are buying the tickets.

>>137652089Isn't Miles Latino?

>>137651134Proof that transgender heroines can still pull in an audience.

>>137652146He is but they usually depict him as black and never hispanic.

>>137652146Being Hispanic always comes from the father, never the mother.

>>137652025>another Transformers reboot after the last flopNo

>>137651794Black user here. My dad was a huge Spider-Man fan as a kid and he only likes Peter>fatherYes. Not all of us come from broken homes

>>137652186>attempting to artificially stoke anti-trans backlash to splash-damage damn a movie you think is 'woke'Pathetic. Cringe. Dickless.

Second weekend drops QRD:>0-40%Generally unheard of. You either didn't make very much the first weekend for a drop to be noticeable, or the circumstances are exceptional. Avatar had drops like this, largely built on word of mouth, repeat viewings, and inflated ticket prices.>40-50%Excellent holds. If a movie has a second weekend drop like this AFTER an already large opening gross. Then it's struck a chord with audiences in a special way. Black Panther was like this.>50-60%This is where most movies fall. Low 50s are above average and upper 50s are average. If you have a second weekend drop like this it means you did a good job and didn't fuck things up somehow. Here we see Spider-Verse.>60-70%This is below average. It either means people have caught on to the movie being bad/polarizing or it had a limited appeal to begin with. If it's upper 60s, you should be concerned that something is wrong. This is where Batman v Superman sits.>70-100%If for any reason a movie breaks into the 70s or above, and there aren't any major theater count drops, something catastrophic has happened. We're in Morbius territory.

>>137652242Numbers are showing a mediocre domestic release, but a really big international one, which is the opposite of Spiderman. 60mil in the USA, with over 100mil in the rest of the world.I think it's safe to assume no one is going to be getting near Mario numbers.

>>137652251I honestly don't understand how anyone can like Miles. Like actually like Miles and not pretend to do so for the sake of appearing virtuous.He's such a factory-produced character if that makes sense, and he'd be the same milquetoast limp-wristed replacement wannabe if he was any other race.

>>137652408Remember when TLJ dropped like 70something%, the highetst sequel dropoff in History?

The damage control in these threads is off the charts

>>137652437I like miles, and I don't do it for the sake of appearing virtuous because I have no real social media presence and nobody listens to me anyway. I like miles because he has many of the same generic "young man trying to do good" story beats that a young peter would have, but with the added interest of him being a black character from a different background. There are story beats you can do with miles you couldn't do with peter, same with gwen. Miles could tackle what it might be like to team up with another superhero, and have a cool time beating some bad guy, only to take their masks off when all is said and done and to have the other superhero not have realized miles was black and react poorly to that. Miles also has a slightly different perspective. I think a lot of the pushback against miles is that some people want to have a tube down their throat feeding them the same vaguely vanilla-flavored nutrient slime for the rest of their lives, and I kind of want to try some strawberry-flavored nutrient slime.

>>137652550>There are story beats you can do with miles you couldn't do with peter, same with gwen.Nah, they're kind of redundant >Miles could tackle what it might be like to team up with another superhero, and have a cool time beating some bad guy, only to take their masks off when all is said and done and to have the other superhero not have realized miles was black and react poorly to that.So the same beat Andrew Garfield had in No Way Home?>Miles also has a slightly different perspectiveNot really >I think a lot of the pushback against miles is that some people want to have a tube down their throat feeding them the same vaguely vanilla-flavored nutrient slime for the rest of their lives, and I kind of want to try some strawberry-flavored nutrient slime.No it's mostly that people really really dislike Poochies, especially forced ones

>>137652408Intresting if true.

>>137652429Eh, 60 mil is the high end of expectations, but ya never know.It beat Spiderman yesterday, anyway.

>>137652584>Nah they're kind of redundantCool, good argument, nice supporting factors, clear thesis, well written>So the same beat Andrew Garfield had in No Way Home?I don't watch Sony shit>Not really Great. Gotta love no attempt to even begin to defend your perspective at all>No it's mostly that people really really dislike Poochies, especially forced onesMeaningless buzzwords. You literally could not form a coherent definition of what makes someone 'a poochie'. You say it because someone else said it and you think it makes you sound informed. Like an infant looking at their parents talking and just babbling mouth sounds along with them.

>>137652633Low self-awareness indicates low IQ

>>137652633>I don’t watch Sony shit>but I watch spiderverse Nani?

NO BILLY>NO BILLYNO BILLY>NO BILLYNO BILLY>NO BILLYNO BILLY>NO BILLY

Attached: 765.png (450x433, 149.27K)

>>137652645That's what I'm saying! And they still sit there acting like they have a meaningful opinion. At least Charlie on Always Sunny pretends to follow along with the conversation but then just nods and goes with what everyone else wants. He doesn't sit there and go "Nah. I disagree. Because... reasons."

>>137652666I didn't watch spider-verse. I'm here talking about the character of Miles, who exists outside of strictly these two movies.

>>137652633>I don't watch Sony shitSo you're defending Miles for the comics?

Attached: 45654.png (1200x1157, 1.49M)

>>137652695Then in what context would a super hero react poorly to miles being black? Do you genuinely believe that the ONLY reason people dislike black people because they look different?

>>137652550>There are story beats you can do with miles you couldn't do with peterLike?

>>137652666>>137652700Okay to clarify, when I said "I don't watch Sony shit" I was specifically talking about in reference to the andrew garfield spiderman movies, Venom, Morbius, the real bottom-of-the-barrel trash stuff. I honestly forgot spiderverse 1 and 2 were technically from Sony.

>>137652736Anon they’re specifically from Sony it’s why Peter is a lonely bitch with no friends or purpose in those movies and why it’s ONLY spider people

>>137652437that pretty much can be said about all the spider-mans who arent Peter, didnt they create a spider-man for every race actually? i remember there is a mexican and asian spider-man

>>137652731>Do you genuinely believe that the ONLY reason people dislike black people because they look different?I think that it is a large ambiguous cloud of incorrect assumptions and hearsay and made-up 'crime statistics' generated by deeply corrupt right-wing thinktanks using carefully cherrypicked data, and that all of that big, pulsing stormcloud of racial animosity is then earthed in the visual recognition of a black person. So yes, I do think that people 'dislike black people because they look different' insofar as looking at A Black Person(tm) makes signals go off in racists' brains, and that pulls up a whole lot of bullshit perspectives and half-thought-out ideas that are then used as an excuse for barbarity. So in a sense, the answer to your question is yes, but with a big fat asterisk over it.

>>137652146lol

>>137652773There are characters like Miguel who have interesting stuff going on aside from their race, you can make him black, white, asian etc, a more brutal and morally grey future Spider-Man dealing with cyberpunk shit is interesting stuff you can't do with Peter. Watching or reading or playing any Miles story just makes you think "why wasn't this a Peter story".

>>137652600Expectations was in the 70mils.They dropped it to 58mils or something after they realized it wasn't happening.

>>137651155>ya’llKill yourself

>>137652810>"why wasn't this a Peter story"Why should it be? Why does it always have to be peter? Peter is fine, but there are so many other people who could be in the story. Why are people so obsessed with Peter? We can have both!

>>137651134That's a great drop. Though any dreams about it beating Mario are now completely dashed

>>137652784Nah, you're just coping, Miles is a legit shit character with nothing going on for him, you can make him the blondest whitest blue-eyedest mother fucker on the planet and he'd still be a terrible idea. The pushback he receives on Holla Forums is not something Black Panther, Blade, Luke Cage, Static etc ever received, not even Sam the black Captain America legacy got it.

>>137652827Seriously, anyone using "Ya'll" on the internet is either a white woman trying to use AAVE, a frog trying to pretend to be black, or a southern person, and all three of those people should be shoveled into a furnace

>>137652810It usually makes me think that they dug through Peter's garbage to give Miles these stories.

>>137651134>end on a cliffhanger>word of mouth spreads>people are going to wait until the end is released.no fucking shit

>>137652408Spiderverse legit has a chance to drop below 50% this weekend though

>>137652818Its back to about 60. 160 mil worldwide.It'd be funny to see it beat Spidey, though.

>>137652834>Why should a Spider-Man story be about Spider-ManThink before asking dumbass questions

Attached: 1605955073717.jpg (1683x1684, 403.58K)

>>137652025It's looking likely. Transformers made 35mil for Friday so that's performing above expectations as well. I'm beginning to think these box office tracking fellas don't really know what they're talking about

>>137652849That's a very good set of points, and I respect it. But I would counterargue that all of those characters have had time, even Sam Wilson who I believe is the youngest (in terms of time present in the comics or other media) has still had like a decade over Miles, and people really need to stop rushing to judgement. Give the poor bastard a little time to develop. Fictional characters are like alcohol, there's no guarantee they'll age properly, they might spoil, but if you start tasting it right after it's bottled, it's guaranteed to taste like shit. You have to give him some time to develop character and depth.

>>137652408>>0-40%>Generally unheard of. You either didn't make very much the first weekend for a drop to be noticeable, or the circumstances are exceptional. Avatar had drops like this, largely built on word of mouth, repeat viewings, and inflated ticket prices.Mario did this

>>137652880>Peter is intrinsically Spider-ManPeter would disagree with you on that one in multiple character iterations>Spider-Man is intrinsically PeterAgain, Peter himself would beg to differ on that.Pic is largely unrelated, it just makes me smile

Attached: 1427476817197.jpg (245x204, 27.83K)

>>137652890>Give the poor bastard a little time to develop. Why? He's had 12 years and has done *nothing* with them, the latest movie he got as another free handout did exactly what all the doomposters said it would, he can't exist without shitting on other Spider-Men, they have no clue what to do with him since he's a flawed premise >You have to give him some time to develop character and depth.Spider-Man had a ton of his iconic cast, villains, stories etc all fleshed out in the first 12 years

>>137652849>Sam the black Captain America legacyI respect Rick Remender a lot more than I respect Bendis (which is a pretty low bar to set but whatever), even if I didn't like his Cap run as a whole.

>>137652550>I think a lot of the pushback against miles is that some people want to have a tube down their throat feeding them the same vaguely vanilla-flavored nutrient slime for the rest of their lives, Isn't that exactly what Miles is? Peter repackaged in a worse box?

>>137652784Anon racism comes from three places, ignorance, arrogance and experience. It’s the difference between someone who hates black people because of what they see on a screen and see how it correlates to the statistics they can find and the people who those end up BEING those statistics. Should someone who grew up in the ghetto around “your people” ignore their own experiences when living their lives?

>>137652437>He's such a factory-produced characterDon't forget that the writers constantly have him argue with Peter about how he deserves to exist

>>137652550>but with the added interest of him being a black character from a different background. Miles is a soft cornball from a middle class family and goes to a prep school. No amount of hip hop and graffiti changes that.>and have a cool time beating some bad guy, only to take their masks off when all is said and done and to have the other superhero not have realized miles was black and react poorly to that.Luke Cage: Hero for Hire, Falcon, Blade and plenty of other black characters already exist.

>>137652917The original would disagree with your assessment

Attached: IMG_4846.jpg (1066x315, 193.17K)

>>137652968I am white, and I grew up in L.A. I was the only white guy in a BUNCH of my classes in high school. And I have first-hand experience with the complex and frustrating experience of what it is like for a lot of young black people, and exactly why they might end up lashing out at people and becoming one of those statistics. And responding to those kinds of complicated circumstances with 'well black people are a subhuman race of unintelligent animal-people more like animals than men' is a completely unhelpful perspective for anyone, including your own situation. Black people are literally just people with a little more melanin in their skin. It's not a huge issue. It's a big issue FOR black people, to want to see people like them in media they enjoy, but you seeing and being around more black people isn't going to cause any problems for you, because the problem isn't inherent to the black people. It's inherent to socioeconomic structures that impact everyone, even you, but black people especially. Violence in policing impacts everyone. Institutional exploitation impacts everyone.

>>137652890>it. But I would counterargue that all of those characters have had time, even Sam Wilson who I believe is the youngest (in terms of time present in the comics or other media) has still had like a decade over Miles, and people really need to stop rushing to judgement. Give the poor bastard a little time to develop.That's total bullshit. Marvels pre-existing black characters never got the overwhelming push and shilling that Miles gets.The Christopher Priest run made fun of how Black Panther was overlooked despite being a king of a country.Meaning these are characters with lots of potential. Miles brings nothing to the table that can't be done with them.

Literally the same posts you see the last few days.>cornball>character assassination >prop up>marioWhy do you bother?

>>137653032Anon black people have low empathy and low impulse control as a genetic problem in general. Those two traits describe EVERY problem that modern black people face from both within their own communities AND with law enforcement, ignoring those problems only serves to help the upper class by continually slamming us with propaganda sanitizing those problems. If you genuinely consider yourself a friend and an ally than you’d at least understand THAT

>>137652917Peter is a fictional character whose thoughts and opinions are defined by the writer currently writing him, comic book character writers have been overwhelmingly shit and their opinions can be safely disregarded, especially if they're writing a character they didn't invent

Attached: 1633516006031.jpg (1988x3056, 960.58K)

>>137652827>>137652851Can't address the substance? LmaoWhy are black audiences not responding to Miles despite outreach? No Black Panther effect.

>>137653061>black people have low empathy and low impulse control as a genetic problemboy it sure would be nice if when people made insanely out-there claims like this they bothered to post sources, because i guarantee you that the absolutely bonkers right-wing news site you'd pull that from would be sourced back to some koch-money-funded blackwater-ass thinktank called like 'the new america prosperity institute' or some shit

>>137652437He was really good in into the spider verse, that’s all I’ve seen of him and I enjoyed it alot

>>137652025No shit it will.

>>137653055>>cornballI like how this one stings. Urkel ass nigga.

>>137653033>The Christopher Priest runThanks for reminding me, when I first came to Holla Forums (around the time Miles was introduced by the way, yeah I'm a newfag) it was one of the first runs that got massively recommended to me. The reception for it was overwhelmingly positive (and an occasional "Reggie Hudlin ruined everything" post)Meanwhile Miles was still getting shit on even then.

>>137653116Yeah, because they gave him what is usually Peter's deal, while making Peter into something else

>>137653032Miles’ dad is a cop.

Post your theaters next showing status. This is 2 hours from now, about to sell out.

Attached: Theater.jpg (1080x900, 159.89K)

>>137652146In the sense that her mom is, but is surrounded and acts black and not latino.

>>137653032If going with the socioeconomic angle, then Peter is still more relatable as he actually comes from a working class background and ended up in a single mother household after Ben died, with all the financial struggles that come with it. Miles has both his parents, goes to a prep school and is very much a part of the middle class.

>>137653165Imagine if the protections are wrong again. Last time it was off by 50%. Taking this into calculation, Spiderverse projection plus 50% is 90 million or a 30% drop. Screencap this.

>>137653197lol delusional

>>137652904And Top Gun

>>137653165Posting. Looking about 90% full as of now.

>>137653231Whoops, didn't post.

Attached: Screenshot_20230610_165137_Firefox.jpg (1080x1273, 311.61K)

>>137653094I only hate american niggers, arabs, chinese and jews. The rest are fine.

>>137652904>>137653230Also worth noting they had zero competition whereas spiderverse goes up against>transformers>Flash>mission impossible>indiana jones>pixar

>>137652292Dilate

>>137653259None of those are out yet

>>137651134Miles Morales is a fictional character starring in the new hit movie “Across the Spider-Verse,” featuring Jake Johnson as the titular character Peter B. Parker.

>>137653297They are coming out week by week, dude. Transformers first one out yesterday.

>>137653165>>137653244Wait, didn't the migrants from Holla Forumsand Holla Forums say this was flopping?

Imagine if Sony ever made an animated Spidey that starred Peter or Miguel and THAT ended up making a billion. What would Spider-Verse have then?

>>137653364I was hoping that bendis wouldn’t get more clout and money…

>>137653364>two anecdotal examples = box office successSo far it had a middling domestic performance for a Spider-Man movie, poor international performance for a Spider-Man movie, is about to compete in one of the busiest months of the year, and its optimistic leg projections are nothing to write home about like Mario's or Puss in Boots'.

>>137653195it definitely feels like this argument is being made disingenuously, but I would be remiss if I did not admit that, on a surface level, that is at the very least a coherent and material argument.

>>137653259Top Gun stayed on top for MONTHS, long after other big movies came out

>>137653455Way more evidence than plain guesses to be worth a thread. You won't post your theater, or fake a screenshot of tlm and say its spiderverse. Its a sin for puss to ever be used in an argument against spiderverse since spiderverse is it's roots btw.

>>137651155>More latinos then blacksWhat the fuck?

>>137653509Like what? Tell me those heavy hitters.

>>137653509Because Scientology paid for it to.

>>137653455>spiderverse even beat mario opening day>you have no evidence this isn't flopping!Kek.

>>137652408Alright. Thanks for the context Holla ForumsAlso, I'm calling infamous unsellable garbage "morbius country" from here on out. >>137652550LOL. I think you're partially wrong about the haters, but you do you. Enjoy part 3. I'm still wating for the first truly great miles story, no spiderverse 1 doesn't count as good enough, and this piece of shit movie ENDS IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE OF THE STORY AND IS AGGRESSIVLY DUMB. But I actually think I'll get it one day.

>>137653364It's doing like garbage on international markets. The entirety of it's box office is domestic.That's really bad news when your more "diverse" move is supposed to be a attempt at pandering to a international audience.

>>137653609>Wednesday vs Friday opening

Attached: 505.png (203x279, 176.61K)

>>137652550>I like Miles because he's Peter Parker but blackok

>>137653630Yes, and? Opening day is opening day.

>>137653612>ENDS IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE OF THE STORY AND IS AGGRESSIVLY DUMBI'm the guy you were responding to, and I appreciate the baseline level of respect in your response. Even I agree that ending a movie in the middle of a conflict is almost always a bad idea. Even Infinity War technically ends at the climax of that discrete story, it's just that that story is one half of a larger narrative. Ending a movie with 'well, now let's do the rest of the conflict later' comes across as extremely fucking lazy and presumptuous. "It insists upon itself", as peter griffin might say.

>>137653651And Wednesday is Wednesday and Friday is Friday

>>137653588LightyearElvisJurassic WorldAnd that was just June

>>137652173>Puerto RicanYeah, sure, user.

>>137653663Sorry, record book will forever state opening day.

>>137653630>>137653663That Mario Friday was a holiday off work and school, too. They cheated.

>>137651134It might make over the original but it’s not going to cross Mario.Time for SPA to adapt PS games.

Attached: Spiderverse Vs Mario.png (694x576, 269.81K)

sfmcompile.club/spider-gwen-tied-up-fucked-and-filmed/https://sfmcompile.club/gwen-gets-fucked-doggystyle-by-miles/

>>137653684And record books will forever state>Mario opening weekend $377M>ATSV opening weekend $208M>Mario total box office $1.3B>ATSV total box office nowhere near $1.3B

>>137653779ooh, i don't hate those

>>137653455It has a black main character so the international performance isn't a surprise

>>137652242It's a reboot? I thought it was a sequel to bumblebee

>>137653855Bumblebee was a reboot.

>>137653781You forgot the most important records of all. Spiderverse will sweep the awards, it will be fondly remembered and studied like Toy Story was, it will be called the Spiderverse style, it will be in the top movies lists of all timw, it will be inducted into the national film registy.

>>137653879Bumblebee was a prequel

>>137653990Bumblebee breaks the continuity of the first Bayformers movie, it’s a reboot, but they kept it close enough that people who weren’t paying attention wouldn’t notice.

>>137651155Why are women so narcissistic and racist compared to men? Girls get butthurt if the heroine doesn’t look EXACTLY their height/weight/race/eye color/hair color/hair texture/etc. Boys around the world see pic related and go “Literally. Me.”

Attached: 6AC0C59A-20CA-4089-A20E-FC75B39BC30C.jpg (1261x765, 216.38K)

>>137654067That is literally how I look though.

>>137654067I didn't give you permission to post my picture.

>>137653703That Mario Friday doesn't include Thursday. Spiderverse does

>>137651155>>137653586>>137654067Blacks reject Miles because Gwen was revealed as transgender and himself likely attracted to cock, and no self-respecting, honorable black will support that

>>137651134Doesn't matter really. Spiderverse is guaranteed profitable now and the sequel will make even more.

>>137653731Worldwide it's going to end up making about half of Mario. If OP's numbers are correct Spiderverse will be at 227mil by Sunday. Which is still very good. By the end of its second weekend Mario was at 353mil.I told you all that if you set the benchmark for Spiderverse success to be beating Mario that you were setting yourselves up for failure

>>137653779Beautiful.And canon.

>>137651134>Already sent a different sound mix to theaters.Why are movies now releasing patches during their theatrical run?

>>137654341Because Cats

>>137651134Miguel should bite someone next movie.

>>137653151Something else being letting him grow, move on and develop beyond eternal teenage years.

>>137654412But if they only connect miles as someone who kills A peter, then there’s no growing there’s no connection or relationship

>>137653929>Americans worship black peopleWhat else is new

>>137654412Nah a grown Peter would never behave like that

Shouldn’t Spiderverse contain all Miles’s variants? Why there no Ultimate Miles or Imsomniac Miles(he was but it was Peter)? The Peter in his world was already dead, so his universe should be out of spiderverse. From what I understand the Earth 42 is good, because it don’t contain Peter and Miles was the one Spider-Man, so he fit because we are talking about Spider-man, not Peter Parker.

>>137652584>>Miles also has a slightly different perspective>Not reallyThe movie shows it better than the comics. I love Miles but writers just make him Spider-man #6(I forget how many clones he has/had in 616)Don't care about number anymore since we're already guaranteed movie #3. Just saw it again today. Love the soundtrack. blackanon

Attached: WaitImWhite.jpg (875x584, 56.37K)

>>137654281Live action Spidey still makes a billion easy. Spider-Man is the most popular superhero in the world. If an animated Mario movie can make a billion, why can’t an animated Spidey movie?

>>137653165>>137653244Are these even accurate2 times I saw it the occupation was just like these only to find like 10-15 of us in the theatre?

Attached: 1648434561826.jpg (460x412, 176.96K)

>>137653586Uh...we're just in it for Miguel, yeah haha...

>>137653879Yeah but is Beasts also a reboot? Or a sequel to a reboot?

>>137655173Bumblebee was a reboot, Beasts is a sequel to Bumblebee. Thats it. Two movies so far.

>>137654662What is his different perspective, like how different is it. He just seems like any other teen hero to me.

>>137654662Yeah, the movie shows miles to be the best and shows that every pete is in a mindless death cult they don’t even RUN

>>137653094pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24326626/Took me ducking long enough, the geneticist who released this was black listed despite being considered a respected elder in the field, he’s now running a lab in China. Or is this to “right wing” a source for you?This isn’t an insurmountable problem and it doesn’t mean they’re ALL lesser beings, but there are 2 billion of them and if we actually want to deal with this than we need to be honest about it. Burying our heads in the sand just makes sure that all we’re doing is hurting each other for nothing

>>137652827*Ya'llselfs

>>137653665Only Jurassic World 3 was a threat as it also made over a billions dollarsLightyear and Elvis were never going eat at Top Gun's audience

>>137654721Because the movie isn’t about Spider-Man but cheap black replacement whose better than him at everything?

>>137655173Sequel to the reboot and is also a prequel to the Bayformers films. Not that it really matters since the timeline in these movies has always been retarded

>>137652292>Pathetic. Cringe. Dickless.just like tranny Gwen

>>137655476Lord Xenu made sure of it.

>>137653929When have circlejerk awards ever mattered? Hell the first spiderverse won its award because it had black people not because it was good and I say that as a fan of that film.

>>137655494>bitching about movies you didn't watch

>>137654721>Spider-Man is the most popular superhero in the world.Yes, too bad this movie isn't about Spider-Man.

the movie is great. why are you even talking about BO?

Attached: 1660665730823056.jpg (2929x3000, 1.79M)

>>137655596>death cult of Spider-Man>goodNah

nypost.com/2023/06/10/transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-couldnt-be-tamed/>TF made 34 ml opening day>Spidey made 16Oof.

>>137654721>If an animated Mario movie can make a billion, why can’t an animated Spidey movie?The question no Spiderverse fan will ever answer

>>137655695You're an idiot, compare the budgets.

>>137654721no competition and parents can leave their toddlers watching and be free for 2 hours

>>137652002Milesisters... how do we compete with CHADguel CHADhara?

>>137651134how could miles ever compete

Attached: 1686439778278965.webm (406x720, 3.65M)

>>137655553So josh Keaton DIDN’T come back as spectacular spider-man to tell miles that he shouldn’t try to save his father because of destiny?

>>137651155Blacks dropped him the second they found out he's getting his ass fucked by Gwen. Transphobes gonna Transphobe I guess.

Attached: Milespreparinghimselfforgwen.jpg (913x1500, 541.49K)

>>137653168>and acts black and not latino.What's the difference?

>>137655627>same tired debunked criticism>continue to post it anyway

>>137655531>>137654605No one ever talks about the movie being good or important because it has black people like with black panther. No, its because the movie excels on every single aspect of being movie and the innovation it introduced.

>>137652437I only like his spiderverse iteration. I pretend all his other incarnations don't exist

>>137655941>d-debunked!!Cope more

>>137655873Bitch was fat, lmao.

>>137655803I'm just talking abut this weekend's box office user.

>>137652550>Miles could tackle what it might be like to team up with another superhero, and have a cool time beating some bad guy, only to take their masks off when all is said and done and to have the other superhero not have realized miles was black and react poorly to thatImagine writing this shit.

>>137652429>but a really big international oneOf course turd worlders are the ones with shit taste

>>137655961Nah it's a reference fest for kids like Mario

>>137655961>black panther>goodOkay shut the fuck up

>>137655695Does the weekend count Sat and Sun?

>>137656075Yes. Should be interested to see if they're higher or lower than Friday.

>>137656068You really didn't comprehend that post.>>137656051ok

>>137652856If they just pulled an infinity war and had it end with Spot killing everyone, this wouldn't have happened

>>137656034They define themselves on projecting their state sponsored racist hatred of you onto you. It’s what makes the left such good puppets

>>137655898That's not what your previous post was about, but no that's not what he did. Only Miguel flat out said that Jeff couldn't be saved.

>>137655966You keep posting the same shit that's been proven wrong already, who's coping here? Do I have to explain Peter and Jess having kids means the "canon" Miguel is talking about is bullshit again?

>>137656221>intentionally missing the pointThe cope is palpable

>>137656190It’s EXACTLY what my post was about, quit moving goal posts. ALL PETERS BELIEVE THAT DEATH AND SUFFERING IS NEEDED TO BE SPIDER-MAN, that’s not me making something up that’s the stated idea that miles is fighting against in the movie. You bendis fags have no honor or ability to speak the truth, but don’t pretend that your movie didn’t say what it said

>>137655903Gonna need a source on that pic

>>137652732>Racism>Uhh...>Implied racism

>>137652437>>137652975>He's such a factory-produced characterSo is Peter you can find dozens of interviews where Stan Lee and Steve Ditko talks about exactly which demographic Peter was supposed to appeal to and how they rejected so many designs because they thought they weren't marketable

>>137652732>There's the obvious racism >Living up to Peter's Legacy> He can also inherit Peter's villains similar to how Terry did in Batman Beyond>The cultural presentation aka the exaggerated Swagger of a black teen(the comics are actually terrible at representing this but the spiderverse movies are great at it) >also both of his parents are alive any story involving them There is way more but you get the point right?

>>137653731Mario really got carried by japan and mexico. they love this shit. too bad Miles is tanking internationally

>>137652985>Miles is a soft cornball from a middle class family and goes to a prep school. No amount of hip hop and graffiti changes that.Does that make him not black?

>>137656816half your points are the same

>>137656886Do you think that the entire black experience is just racism?

>>137656933only half, the other half is crime

>>137652292I thought we were artificially stoking this because if it takes off it'll end up destroying every iteration of Gwen Stacy?

>>137656995It's nothing so grandiose.It's just that watching the mental gymnastics, conflict, and pandering that would arise will be mildly funny.If it would be hilarious, it'd generate even more content.

>>137656364Chinese poster. They fucked up and made the balls translucent and anal beads like. Pretty funny

>>137652146I feel like hispanic people wouldn't care about a black guy being half-hispanic. Just guessing though. So is Miguel really popular with hispanics? Otherwise I havr no idea why they are the ones buying tickets.

>>137656823Without both those markets it still would have made well over a billion. It wasn't carried by any one market. It had broad global appeal

>>137657560Latinos like Spider-Man anything. Simple as. Miguel is Cyberpunk Spider-Man. Shit’s cool as fuck.

>>137656816>blackity black black blacky black!

Attached: 1643574313601.jpg (597x559, 21.12K)

>>137652645>Low self-awareness indicates low IQstudies do not confirm that.are you implying graduates are better? lmao

>>137656848>Does that make him not black?Correct. That makes him a gringo instead. Ask any African. They can confirm.

MILES PUTA

>>137656848Yes it does make him not black. Fags like him are seen as lesser whites. It’s not like his dad is lebron

>>137656068>triggered user cannot actually readSasuga

>>137652695>I didn't watch spider-verse. I'm here talking about the character of Miles, who exists outside of strictly these two moviesMiles has zero personality in the comics

>>137655427>pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24326626/I saw this one before. Wasn't it also found that Japanese people were also found to have a high number of this "violence gene"? Did the researcher think to research Asian Americans for this test too especially considering how low their violence rate is in comparison to Black Americans? This source was from 2014 and was already debunked multiple times.scientiasalon.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/the-extreme-warrior-gene-a-reality-check/https://twitter.com/rasmansa/status/1536560845408423938?lang=en>This isn’t an insurmountable problem and it doesn’t mean they’re ALL lesser beings, but there are 2 billion of them and if we actually want to deal with this than we need to be honest about it.Now your just speaking like a Holla Forumstard. "Deal with this"? In what way? Perform genetic surgery on 2 billion people you deem lesser to remove a gene that may not even be the root of the problems within some of their communities? >bu.. I said they weren't ALL lesser bei-nah don't sugarcoat it, if you think blacks are subhuman just own it.

>>137659132why doyoupress entertwice atthe end ofeverysentence

>>137659230i'm a new fag lolI don't know how your UI works

>>137653032>lashing out at people and becoming one of those statisticsYou cannot be real honestly. You are attempting to justify the overall shittiness of so many by saying their experience in their lives makes them angry? There is no justification for the shit that the statistics show, if you wouldn't tolerate it from white people you shouldn't tolerate it from fucking anyone. You are a legitimate retard.

>>137651134>>137651155Why did Holla Forums thought this will surpass the Mario bros movie?

>>137659282/co forget that quality dosen't beat the efficient money printing machine that is illumination pictures.

>>137659323what does quality have to do with AtSV? no one wants to rewatch a movie that bull balls you while not resolving anything

>>137659132>nah don't sugarcoat it, if you think blacks are subhuman just own it.So do you, maybe you should take your own advice. All i've seen from you is offloading responsibility on everything but the people in question.

>>137659390>All I've seen from you is offloading responsibility on everything but the people in question.Isn't that what your implying by saying "if we actually want to deal with this."? That seems like your looking for an external solution to the "problem" rather than asking the community in question to look into it themselves. Regardless I'm not doing what your saying, I'm trying to give a reason and not a excuse.

>>137655903>Anal beads>Milesisters...

>>137659282I don't believe you're genuine. I think you're just throwing random, inflammatory statements to drive discussion.

I TRIED SO HARDAND GOT SO FAR

Attached: FySKA2TWAAEynbP.jpg (920x1300, 1.08M)

>>137659613>Regardless I'm not doing what your saying, I'm trying to give a reason and not a excuse.amazing that all it reads like is you excusing it then, because that's all you've done. They've had over 70 years to get their shit in order.

>>137652849>is not something Black PantherYou were not here for the Black Panther, then, because it was literally just foaming at the mouth for the months leading up to and after the movie.

>>13765113451% drop against Transformers is pretty good

>>137657560>So is Miguel really popular with hispanics?He's arguably the coolest Spider-man in the movie, Cyberpunk Spoder is the shit.His name is Spanishish.The only other Spoder than can compete with him in terms of being the coolest is the British nibba punkrocker that fucks Gwen's trans ass everyday. You bet that we love the shit out of Miguel.

>>137659674>The only other Spoder than can compete with him in terms of being the coolest is the British nibba punkrocker that fucks Gwen's trans ass everyday.best part is that Spider-Punk is black, because it proves that Miles being black isn't the fucking problem, it's that he sucks.

>>137651794he's crushing on a tranny. of course they wouldn't claim him

>>137659282>Why did Holla Forums thought this will surpass the Mario bros movie?>>137659323>/co forget that quality dosen't beat the efficient money printing machine that is illuminationIt never did, and quality isn't a real thing either.What is a masterpiece to you may be shit to me.Bad taste is bullshit, and so is anything not tangible.

>>137659711>best part is that Spider-Punk is black, because it proves that Miles being black isn't the fucking problem, it's that he sucks.Exactly! An user said that Miles is a "lesser white" and not really a nigga so maybe that's why he sucks.

>>137659774>Exactly! An user said that Miles is a "lesser white" and not really a nigga so maybe that's why he sucks.isn't it more that he's a personality void?

>>137658030>d-doesn't count

>>137659132>Deal with this"? In what way?Acknowledge that their violence is there own and 90% of the problems they face with law enforcement are because of their own actions? Find a balance between punishment and penance in our judicial system to figure out how to keep the actual criminals afraid enough to stay in line while letting peaceful civilians know that the best thing to do in ANY situation is to remain calm? Because telling a group of people with low empathy and low impulse control that they’re ALWAYS in the right and can’t be punished has hurt blacks more than anybody in general? Do YOU have a suggestion on what to do besides tell people they’re racist for acknowledging reality?

>>137655873Funny thing is they're both probably black under that

>>137657560I thought latinos liked Miles more then black people do.

>>137652088TRANSformers

>>137656636And yet Peter is hundreds time a better character.

>>137651155Peter is blacker than Miles in spirit

>>137660121They still like Peter better.

Attached: 402D1CD2-5315-499D-A831-7F4F9B2F3886.png (733x741, 559.08K)

The directors literally came out and said Miguel is a stand in for the fans who didn't like Miles and that they dunked on him in the movie as a way of dunking on those fans.

>>137655903Is Gwen going to shove those in his ass?

>>137660614>those flagsI'm not even going to read that tweet.

Attached: 1629470395947.gif (320x240, 954.33K)

>>137660614>Shitter that's never read Spider-Man.

>>137660523>no parents, lives with his auntie>uncle is gunned down>goes to inner city public school>poor>no matter what he does, he's distrusted by authority figures>likes big butts

>>137660692The troon said he’s been reading Spider man for over 12 years, and moved the goalposts by saying that Peter hasn’t done anything like this in the comics since 2011, since he’s been in so many team up events that he’s not street level anymore.

>>137660692I can't do it right now, so I implore someone to storytime that one story by Paul Jenkins. You know which.

>>137660754>To all the people saying that this also fits Peter. It did. But since 2011, Marvel has been moving Peter away from the friendly neighbourhood hero role and has been shifting into a spot that’s best described as the middle ground between Daredevil and the Fantastic Four to the point that he is just no longer a street level character. Even the book called “Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man” had its opening arc revolve around Peter discovering an underground copy of New York that almost went to war with the surface world. That isn’t street level.Holy cope.

>>137660863>I’ve been reading comics including Spider-Man ones for 12 years and I never said anything that contradicts Peter originating this trope but anyone who has been keeping up with Spider-Man comics would know that Peter has slowly drifted away from being a street level character over the past decade with the role he used to represent being taken over by Miles. Similar patterns have occurred with many well known comic characters. And referring to 616 Peter as a street level hero in the current status quo is like still referring to him as a teen hero.

Why won't Marvel push Luke Cage more instead?Luke Cage is actually cool and fills the "street-level hero more in-touch with black communities" niche way better than Miles ever did.

>>137660887So instead of complaining they're crippling Peter to give Miles his appeal and schtick, Miles gets praised for some reason?

>>137651155Who the fuck takes part in these polls? You can never trust these things cause only a freak would do this and they don't represent any broader section of society.

>>137660957It’s funny that bendis made him an A lister while simultaneously ruining him by tying him to Jessica jones

>>137661075>Jessica JonesI hate this terrible Bendis OC so much. I guess it's fitting that her archnemesis is Purple Man, one of the lamer and shittier Daredevil villains (and that's saying something considering Daredevil has a Joker wannabe called Jester in his rogue gallery)

>>137660998Yeah. It sucks.

>>137657560>Otherwise I havr no idea why they are the ones buying tickets.Because they like Spiderman like they like MarioMiles would bomb without Peter. I think a live action Miles would it.

>>137662355I find it humorous this thread is up still.

>>137660957Because no one cares about Luke Cage outside of his Powerman era. Miles is related to the popular Spider-Man mythos which is why he's pushed more. And it worked since Spider-Verse coasted to 300 million worldwide in a week.

>>137662490>relatedWhat a weird way to spell "is a shitty derivative"

>>137652025I genuinely have no idea, on one hand bumblebee flopped but at the same time transformers is seeing some bizzare resurgence as of late so it might just win

>>137659671>implying Transformers can effect anythinglmao, get a new cope.>>137660957If Sony had the rights for it, you can rest assured this movie would have featured every black hero they could put in.

>>137651155I worked with a black man who legit spent a whole day complaining about Miles when the first movie came out. Like I thought black people fucking loved this guy, but this guy hated Miles with an undying passion

>>137663643Lots of nogs are tobey fanboys who grew up with the raimi films

>>137663667wtf, I love niggers now!

>>137656221You understand how that's worse, right?

>>137660998>Miles gets praised for some reason?Because Miles is brown, user. That's the reason.

>>137656221Why do you think miguel being wrong somehow makes the hundreds of spidermen agreeing to "let's ENSURE certain people die" less awful?

Holy shit, you people vastly undersold how bad this is, it's two fucking hours of MILES IS CUTE AND VALID AND HIS PRONOUNS ARE SPIDER/MAN and nothing else, unbelievable. Fucking Spot exists to do nothing but call him Spider-Man, while ironically sounding like what Miles should with the whole desperation to not be taken as a joke and lack of achievements.Also, the scene where he reveals himself to his mom is written like he's coming out of the closet too, down to "you'll still love me no matter what, rite?". And it happens in tandem to Gwen's talk with her father. I was on the Gwen (male) train for shitposting, but the twitter crowd is actually onto something and did not make it up out of thin air. If anything, it's the self-inserters coping. I can't believe this shit.

Attached: mpv-shot0010.png (1920x820, 1009.76K)

>>137663906I just hate that they spend so much time fucking around and then the movie just cuts off. No climax or ending. It's like someone stitched together a netflix series.

>>137652550How is Miles’s perspective different to Peter’s in any real way? Is it that he hasn’t had to work for anything in his life and just gets lucky?

>>137652834Why can’t it be a Ben story, or a Kaine story, or a Mayday story? They were here first

>>137664167Sorry Ben is too busy being a shitty reference to the 90's, but not to himself, during the 90's.Because the creators are retards

>>137660754>what is Spec 310

>>137660887Did the fag have anything to say about Miles aping clone saga then having no fewer than three multiverse stories

>>137661142Jester is based