Lots of new shit in pic related.
Can a kind user upload it?

Other urls found in this thread:

giphy.com/gifs/xT9IgkEwHONcMLiqA0/fullscreen
loverslab.com/topic/87102-rimworld-a17-rimjobworld-154g/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

awesome, lots of cool stuffs
sadly no news if they will work on water

Lots added not listed in that post, also.
and here's the orbital bombardment cooking some bugs in the new generated cave system:
giphy.com/gifs/xT9IgkEwHONcMLiqA0/fullscreen

that orbital bombardment looks awesome, but isn't a bit cheaty to use it under a mountain?

also caves, now you can go deep into mountain without need to carve everything out yourself, pretty cool
still I'm inclined to go no playing for a long time to wait for more content

wew, I liked that mod too

Dude said it was the furthest into the mountain he could get it, so I suspect you can only fire it through 'thin roof' like mortars, not 'overhead mountain' tiles.
I've given up on mountain living given how deadly in-base infestations are, especially late-game. But this is pretty sweet anyway, since breaking into a cave system should scout a ton of mineable veins and also concentrate most of the bug spawns in one area.

Those mental breaks sound like a colossal pain in the ass.
Awesome.

Post base design ideas

Is there a official modpack for Holla Forums or just links to mods? Just for ease should we consider working on an actual Holla Forums approved modpack? Like it's own torrent download etc. Maybe even a full pack, game and mods.
If we did this what mods do you think should be included? Any Holla Forums tards willing to work on an updater or official Holla Forums installer?
I always see links for mods and shit in Holla Forums threads, but rarely official Holla Forums mod packs.

Life is pain.

this because of this

I thought about to help make one but not enough people replied to it. Also since A18 is now out we have to wait for the mods to update to them or whatever. So I'll be down for that but it might take a while for the mods to update it right? We could have a mega Holla Forums download where it has the vanilla game and the Holla Forums approved mods.

oh fug

yay

I see anons ask most often for QoL additions, so the first modlist should be all about vanilla-friendly fixes and non-OP hassle reduction, like the work tab mod and the auto replace destroyed walls mod. Also because Holla Forums's Rimworld playerbase is full of absolute babbies who'd recommend gamebreakingly OP shit like unaltered EPOE and More (((Vanilla))) Turrets.

Hopefully it only gives a mood debuff to anyone who they were friends/family with (so if they just arrived, you can banish right away), otherwise the short -3 for 'a colonist died' will still be preferable.

Apparently they fixed that with this update but if you are going to jerk yourself off over the difficulty at least play a real game like dorf fort you fucking casual.

Butthurt embrasure-humper detected, too easy.
Yeah, it's not like vanilla turrets already trivialize defense or anything.
gas yourself faggot

IS THIS REAL LIFE? Did they FINALLY add that shit?

More Vanilla Turrets did nothing wrong you mong.

YOU'RE BULLSHITTING

WHAT?

It pushes turrets from 'pretty OP when used properly' to 'my pawns never need to enter combat again.'

I enjoyed Rimworld with a warhammer 40k mod just because of the weapon power.

Pretty neat.

but as if the micro wasn't enough, I would have they fix priorities and hauling

Anybody got a link to pirate this game?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a5767d8aadea0af3e26d2f05b9965438044aab92&dn=RimWorld+Alpha+17b+v0.17.1557&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

How do you update to A18?

A18 is still an unstable build, Tynan just wants testers for it.

But how did those people get it?

Like the pic in OP says, steam updates.

I got it on steam.

Just pirated the game and play the tutorial, seems to have depth enough to worth a buy or am I being deceived? Is it worth it just for the mods? Does it get repetitive at late game?

Also why can`t I build bridges?

I’m okay with this. At least a developer LISTENS to the fucking fans, and those are good mods.

THAT TOOK FUCKING LONG ENOUGH

Guys Rimworld is kinda garbage, I've been playing Final Fantasy 15 and it's much better.

It's one of those games that are on the edge of having more flaws than good parts.

I wouldn't buy it before release. Then again I wouldn't buy any game that isn't finished.

shoo shoo

Just wait. Just wait until you FINALLY get it all working, everyone isn't dead to plague, mechanoids, or bullshit rng. Your colony is ready to dig into that delicious mountain and start the huge 2-hour-in-development project you laid out, everything is going good, you even prevented those FUCKING bugs from digging random bits out of your cave ruining your autism, it's good.

And then when you dig decently deep into the mountain you find out there's actually a giant clearing expanding to the map borders and instantly fucking the project, not to mention now raiders can come from that side, as well.
Some of the bullshit in the game is okay but bullshit like this is infuriating.

You can use third party services to download workshop mods my man.

I have to confess, I use the debug mode to check for clearings like that when I first plan out the colony. I suppose it's outright cheating, but I just get so fed up with spending hours only to learn my plan was doomed from the start.

Just take the game out of early access already so I can buy it

The bullshit in RJW I mentioned last thread might be over.
The mod got removed from github, presumably for being adult content, and the SJW uploaded a compiled version to one of those shitty download sites that begs you to buy premium, instead of using the file upload function built into the forum the mod is based out of in the first place. Apparently the source code for the latest version was also omitted, which combined with the upload site left people pretty concerned. Shortly after that the SJW left, and some new people have taken it up. Too soon to tell what they might be like, but hopefully better than the last person.

Do your colonists age and die?

what are the odds this game is ever finished?

I wasn't in the last thread, what is this all about?

Gonna go in march

Someone new took up development and started limiting what pawns could do based on SJW-seeming politics.
The zoophilia trait became completely male-only, despite the mod having a system for pawns to be impregnated by animals. Necrophilia was removed from females too. Female pawns also were made incapable of rape, including of comfort prisoners, with the modder claiming that women were biologically incapable of feeling the urge to sexually assault. Later the requirement was relaxed slightly, so women with the rapist trait (the spawn rate of which for females was set to 1/5 the male rate) could use comfort prisoners if they passed a stat check. Meanwhile any male pawn could use comfort prisoners regardless of traits or stats. The modder's stance was that surgically adding a penis would let a woman rape, so people "should no longer complain".

In contrast, the first thing the newest people did was add a Wild Mode that apparently disables checks for rape so anything goes.

The older they get, the greater the chance they develop medical issues (cataracts, hearing loss, heart problems, dementia, cancerous tumors, frailty, bad backs, etc.). Their infection/disease immunity rates also slow the older they get and they suffer from heart attacks more often.
So they won't drop dead from age alone, but unless you use mods that can bionic up every limb, bone and organ (including brain), they'll slowly become deadweight and likely to die of any severe disease or poorly-tended infection.

High, because it moves up about two versions per year with a slew of major changes in each. But it'll also probably be at least a couple of years before it's officially declared complete, because Tynan wants to add/improve a lot of systems still.
Considering it's more stable and has more content than most (((finished))) games released in the current year, I really don't mind playing it in-progress.

I have already had that happen before, and it's usually on an extreme cold/hot map so all my nice ~70°F air gets vented to the atmosphere. That's why I use the map reroll mod so I can get a good patch of mountain without any big clearings. The thing that gets me is when I was playing with Genetic Rim a while back. I hit a bug where some merchant tried to enter my map with an incubating monster egg in his inventory, which bugged the game out and wrecked my saves. I had probably dumped a dozen hours into that base. Regarding bugs, I usually rally the militia and immediately engage them upon their arrival so as to limit their spread.

Did they fix the ridiculous pathing?

user, never buy unfinished games

It's okay as long as you buy only the game as it is when you buy, instead of buying the promise of what it might be later. If you think what you're getting at that moment is worth the money, it's fine.

These are two completely acceptable view points and anything otherwise is simply retarded

That's not all, you may also think "it'll be better" and "these problems will be fixed" when it's finished even if nothing particular was promised. Then you're also making a mistake.

"Promise" as in "it shows promise", not literal promises from the devs. That meaning includes improvements like fixes and such.

Is there anyway to stop/reverse aging without mods?
I feel like getting attached to the colonists you worked hard with to start a good base is bad in the long run in this game.

Nope. But any colonist 40 or under is unlikely to develop age-related conditions before you stop playing. Longest I've seen someone play is 12 in-game years.
If you want a mod with balanced (see: expensive and semi-reliant on trader-only materials) craftable bionics, use EPOE Rebalanced and just repair your colonists as they fall apart.

someone post the linux version of 18 pls

eh, i'll wait

Pretty sure he doesn't take the files themselves unless the mod makers personally offer it up for integration to vanilla in the designated thread.

has the 18 stable version released yet?

neat, kind of wondering why he hasn't integrated simple sidearms yet
they should do this for all the weapons
different kind of arrows for bows, different kinds of bullets for guns, etc.

fucking flag

U WOT
ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT WHEN

All my forts die a terrible FPS death after 5 years.

RWJ is going strong again. I should know, I talk and contribute a bit.

1.5.4.g is latest
loverslab.com/topic/87102-rimworld-a17-rimjobworld-154g/

You can get experimenals on the Discord channel iirc

can someone please upload the mod somewhere else?

Rimworld differs in that it is actually playable. It’s not 1983 anymore. Mice exist. Stop being clinically retarded.

Did turret range get nerfed?

Swamps are rad as hell but I keep getting malaria in below freezing weather.

I play both

Dammit user, you're making me want to get back into this game. Stop that.

Bump

IF YOU WANT TO AVOID INFESTATIONS MAKE DECOY ROOMS

I am having trouble building a base or design for a base to be specific.. ugh!

Nigger I'm going to ignore that.

What specifically are you having trouble with?

I dont know where to go with my base and what size I should do my rooms etc. My map is wide open so I need to build a wall of some sort but I feel box designs are really boring. So far raiders seem to only come from the left side of the map which is pretty irritating. I dont want generic box designs. I want something cool and neat.

Have and exterior and interior hallway.
If Decembarary is winter for you then you will need coolers, an outer hallway that goes around your base will not only work to insulate but will speed up travel.

Make inside your base an unroofed room where you can build farms, solar panels and wind generators without needing to protect them from enemies.

SMOOTH floors when you have the option, they cost nothing and look as good as anything else other then carpet.

I don't find boxes boring in fact I find them efficient and aesthetically pleasing but I understand if you don't.
Double wall you're outer wall, and use autodoors yes they're annoying but if you are being attacked and need to retreat they can save your life by quickly shutting behind you.

Aim to make walls out of stone blocks, granite is the strongest. Interior walls can be made with softer material if you hard up for granite.

For defense a single wall tile for cover with sandbags in between is optimal.
———————

I would still be wary. An EA game could meet your expectations at the time, but still end up being changed for the worse.

Then just keep playing the old version. You don't have to update, unless you're buying from something like Steam which has its own problems anyway.

As far as I can tell, the steam version allows you to select previous revisions to play in the game properties.

Oh man I've been waiting for this for so long, even considered learning how to code my own race at some point to make it myself. I guess it's time to jump back in and play for another 100+ hours.
Why the fuck did we get cthulhu-likes and bee people before androids?

has a good reply, but as for rooms specifically:
random tips

What's new on A18?

nevermind found them. It's pretty much just flavour bullshit, i don't see the reason to skip on mods for this little.

it was literally OP's image. what am i retarded

for defenses i build a roofed porch running along the entire exterior of my settlement, with sandbags between the outer pillars and barbed wire infront of that.

also, don't waste freezer space on grain-food. even rice lasts nearly a year and in your biome will be refrigerated naturally in a ventilated storageyard anyway for atleast a quarter of the year. i use corn as my crop of choice, although it's harder to make use of on icy biomes.

another thing i like to do is give my pawns full size houses instead of bedrooms, but that's just for prestige on my part. a bedroom and a living room is usually my build but you could also have a private garden for each house.

How do I debug rimworld? I tried a new colony and man there was a bug where one of my colonist would cower and then still cower way long after the raid ended and would not move or eat draining their mood super fast pissing them off, and they did nothing while I needed them.

I have some red lines in the debug menu but I dont get what it means.

Post the red lines from the log then fucko

Its this repeated for the whole thing.

Are the any different errors right at the top? The game is trying to load an Xml file that references the MultibarrelWeapons researchDef but is failing for some reason. Try disabling mods that are likely to relate to that (gun or turret mods) and see if that helps.

I restarted it and I got this now. This was what I was seeing before.

From the looks of things both Combat Extended and Bridgello are broken. Make sure they're both the right version for the version of the game you have. Though CE is a generally a broken pos regardless.

I got rid of Bridgello and added another bridge mod and reloaded combat extended but I tried to do a solo run and some capybara moved at like x5 speed when it was just running at x1 across the map and wouldnt take any damage wtf? Cant even fucking play the game I paid for.

I enjoy playing a game with a functioning UI.

DF's UI is completely garbage.

Stop using broken-ass mods

god damn fucking flags I swear to god

I dont understand how combat extended is broken.

hmmmmmmm

never used it, but at the very least it conflicts with loads of shit and needs individual compatibility patches (which may or may not exist)

All the mods always say no conflicting mods. They are clearly lying.

post mod list fgt