Has any game ever portrayed Heaven? I know that Hell has been portrayed plenty of times...

Has any game ever portrayed Heaven? I know that Hell has been portrayed plenty of times, but I can't think of any times Heaven has.
Bonus points if it's a more classical interpretation of Heaven.

shin megami tensei 4 apocalypse

Grezzo

Diablo 3 act 4

Im pretty sure the last fight in darksiders 1 is in heaven

Bayonetta

I've never played any of these games, but I presume that Heaven is either a boss fight or a level on its own.
I think it'd be really cool if a video game tried an ending where the protagonist died and went to Heaven. Could make for an emotional ending if done right, too.

You see Heaven in SMT:Strange Journey as well, in an ending cutscene. It consists of every human being on Earth on top of their own pillar coming out of an infinite white haze where all they can do is kneel and pray to YHVH for eternity. Because the Abrahamic god in SMT games is a moustache-twirling pure evil.

The SMT scale from Satan - Humanity - God is basically Chaotic Evil - Totally Radical - Lawful Evil

Super Mario Bros 3

Maybe El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron? I can't exactly where that one took place.

So just like real life then?

I didn't play Disgaea but considering how many angels factor into the story, I'm guessing it goes to Heaven at some point.

Yeah, the ending of Disgaea 1 at least takes place in heaven.

Here's something very minor, but still: How about in the (unfinished) foundonthetape ARG/Half-Life mod series, where an ending for what was released involved falling, hitting the ground, and then hearing an angelic choir come in as the screen faded to white.

Bayonetta

weren't some of the endings of binding of isaac close enough to heavean

You would be amazed how many people still don't realize how evil the Christian God is.

Mother 1 Magicant

Talos Principle and Dragons dogma I guess.

SaGa Frontier, sort of.

El Shaddai

DS1 final boss fight took place on some remaining part of the Black Throne. Closest I think the series has come to letting the player get near heaven has been Lostlight, and even that's just an outpost. Beyond that, I recall heaven itself merely being seen in flashbacks, given (re)entry has been barred even to the Hellguard, stranding them to fight demons for a century or so on Earth after the fall of man.

The Simpsons Game

There was a level in Super Time Force Ultra where you battle through heaven. You fight angels with bows and arrows on puffy clouds and sunlight.

Kid Icarus had you going through "Angel Land" which was full of cherubic Greek imagery, which Christianity derives a lot of its heavenly symbolism from.

DS1 does take you to Eden, IIRC, which is described as heaven-adjacent or something or at least has a lot of the same imagery.

Didn't one of the Devil May Cry games have something akin to Heaven?

Eden is indeed similar to what one might imagine heaven to look, what with the trees and water and architecture there, but at the same time, I recall there being something said that a lot of angels and demons don't believe it to exist anymore, and those that actually both know of it's existence and how to get there are extremely limited. I don't think it's sealed in heaven, but given that it was those from heaven that hid it away, wherever it actually exists might purposely invoke that sort of imagery. Maybe some sort of pocket-space that only a select few can access like Azrael.

New Zealand Story straight up sends you to Heaven if you die by projectile after stage 3.

Which is a place you can escape from back into the game if you're clever. :x

Sovngarde in Skyrim
:^)

That sort of reminds me of the endings to various TV shows and movies (not anything of this decade), but they usually leave out or disambiguate the details of afterlife.

ambiguate*

I'm just waiting for an atheist to shitpost so I can dump a bunch of links/sources to have him BTFO with facts and logic.

Please post. Do it.

Put on your fedora and debate me.

came here to post this.

Also, the first SaGa's final boss is God in heaven.

How truly enlightened you must be from Atlus's amazing writing and research

lol

Oh and the average person doesn't need to be a scientist to take advantage of the advancements provided by scientific research.

See
I'll wipe the fucking floor with you.
Atheist piece of shit.

Don't respond to obvious bait user
like I did earlier from a (1)

How about all you niggers fuck off?

Moon Man wad for doom

AA2 and CM3D2

You can't portray something that doesn't exist.

This

Y

I

F

F

I

N

H

E

L

L

Painkiller has the protag get into heaven and join his dead wife if you beat the hardest difficulty. It's not the canon ending, either.

I'll be seeing you there friendo

dont you enter heaven at the end of diablo 3?

Disgaea

Wouldn't Satan be more Chaotic Neutral?

The first 15 minutes of Bioshock:Infinite

Yes, someone already mentioned it too.

I AM DISSAPOINT

Other than the layers of hell, what else is there?

Nah, the closest DS1 got to Heaven is War going to Eden; which is basically a vacuole realm set aside by the Creator for humanity's use when he was still around. Besides, heaven in Darksiders is basically Angel homeworld, no humans, souls etc around. DS2 is the same, closest the protag gets to Heaven is an isolated research outpost.

Queen Miku has led us to the promised land!

yes, that's exactly the rule I'm looking for!
Oh, and there was Disgaea, I guess.
It's basically flying islands full of D&D Rules Lawyers.

Well there IS one ending of Disgaea where the protag kills himself out of guilt at being unable to save someone and is back in hell__ as a low-tier minion/servant to the new dark lord.

It's not really what you want, but you should just play Disgaea.

Doomguy dies, goes to hell, and kicks its ass so hard they let him leave. Pretty sure Kratos does that a few times too.

BIT.TRIP Flux is actually pretty close to what you want. If you're not familiar with BIT.TRIP, the whole series is an abstract metaphor for human existence. The 6 games are set during 6 points of one man's life. Flux, the last game, is set after the series protagonist dies. The cutscenes and visual metaphors deal with the fact that he is dead and gone. It also has the most emotional game over screen is ever seen.

Note that Flux is still from Commander Video's point of view. Sage for double post

I could never get that far in Afterlife, perhaps because I was a kid at the time but fuck, even older now it's still hard to grasp. The four horsemen were cool though.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

didnt super paper mario had a chapter that took place in heaven and hell?

In the FF2 remakes you play as all the dudes who die during the game and go through the afterlife to beat up the good half of the Emperor who took over heaven.

That it does.

Is Santa Claus good or evil? Or abstraction? Or perhaps auras, stars and symbols?

(((The Simpsons Game))) did it, but it was more like how a Jew sees Christian Heaven.
Other than that, Inazuma Eleven 3 did it.

To even be capable of belief is to lower yourself to the level of that thing.

Mostly on pre-flood Earth. The opening scene does take place in Heaven though.

Cathedral and Angel rooms were the closest thing to Heaven, but the "good boy" end levels were either Chest or Delirium. You don't go to heaven in any scenario, you just blame yourself for your parents' divorce and suffocate in the chest.

Kratos was on Olympus for indeterminate amount of time as THE God of war. I don't recall there being a heaven for the dead in ancient greek mythology.

I like to call him the Krat Man.

Speaking of Kratos, one campaign Level in AoM: The Titans took palce on Olympus.

starcraft because of all the koreans who have died playing it

Hey buddy, leftypol is two boards down.

Come on

Explain furries and your shit waifu, then.

No. In Devil May Cry, the bird winged, light based entities were also demons. In Devil May Cry 4, ecclesiastical faction were malevolent posing as divine.

The Void, kinda.

would probably be the best thing to come from religion in the past century

Hopkins FBI, one of my favorite games.

it ain't good for you be such an edgy contrarian, user

C'mon son, to be most biblically accurate you must have Jesus spitting a sword out of his mouth.

Elysian Fields were kind of like that, weren't they?

You will be able to play this game someday user.

You'll be one of the NPC's though

Come on son if anything the people that already have their fate written down in the Book of Revelations are the NPCs.

Shit man at least try some other verse. Here's a good one:
"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters — yes, even his own life — he cannot be My disciple."

Why does it matter when nobody on Holla Forums will go there even if they let Holla Forums in?

There are games about the end times, but I can barely find any footage or gameplay. It's a series called Left behind

Dude, have you read the Book of Revelations?
If you did, you'll see is exactly that.

I meant gameplay of the actual games. I know the 7 seals and sign of evil and whatnot in the book.

The "outer" planar "wheel" of the classic "spherical" D&D cosmology has multiple neighboring heavens, each infinite in size, absorbing souls from an infinite number of worlds, and subject to regular meddling or invasion from other planes, so it's a bit of a shame they've never been explored in vidya before 4e and to a lesser extent 3e/5e shat all over it, though some came pretty close (Ps:T & MotB in particular).

Elysium was reserved strictly for the greatest legendary heroes and closest buttbuddies of the gods, while Tartarus was the exclusive fate of the most monstrous villains and those who had particularly pissed off the gods. The overwhelming majority of souls were destined for the Lethe, whose waters erased their lives, from whence they went on (depending on the version) to either be reincarnated as newborns, or to slumber eternally. That last version is somewhat similar to the traditional Jewish afterlife, "Gehenna", a gray, dusty infinite tomb, where the souls of all the dead while away eternity in sleep, insubstantial and forgetful.

The infantile concept of divine naughty and happy places where all the bad and good children are sent after life based on a flawless naughty/nice list, judged over by omniescent Dad and Mom, is one original to young derivitive religions like Christians and Moslems. Both of which, uncoincidentally, originated as personality cults.

We're talking about actual games by real developers, not Wisdom Tree-tier shovelware or You Testemant-tier autistic screeching.