Sony Music Entertainmment will start publishing multiplat indies

Sony Music Entertainmment just opened a new label caled "Unties" dedicated to publishing indie games, but despite the major company having its own gaming hardware to which they usually make exclusive software fot this specific department will publish multiplatform titles.

First title they'll be publishing will be Tiny Metal, that Advance Wars inspired game.
archive.is/Pg8ZN

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/HmIen
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Persona confirmed for PC and Switch :^)

Good for them! God knows the Switch needs some 3rd party love. It's the gamecube 2.0 all over again. At least the Gamecube had some horsepower that put it on par with other systems during that age.
I remember when console warring shitstains tried.

console war thread? console war thread.

How can it be indie if it has a publisher other than their own?

It's the kind of genius that got Sony Pictures where it is today.

Welcome to Holla Forums, where indies with publishers and women can have dicks

They are indie before getting a publisher, which they just had.
How is this that hard to comprehend?

Then why are they marketing it as an indie platform?

Oh. That makes more sense.1

So it works on the tranny pronoun rules then?

Because it is, Cuphead is still an indie game despite having made a deal with Microsoft.

The whole team is still wholly indepent and funded the game themselves, and the same happens here.

What was the GameCube really missing?

You dumb fuck, indie games exist precisely because some ideas are hard to market, and so devs go the "fuck it" route and decide to make their game according to their own vision, without having to consult with a board of investors or the marketing team.
Having someone financing your game means that person will get to ask you to do things a certain way because he is worried about his investment.

That's the worst version of Chaos Theory. This video doesn't have the GC version but it looked worse than even the PS2 due to the limited storage of the GC discs.

This meme needs to die.
>The level layouts have been completely reworked to accommodate the weaker graphic capabilities of the PS2 and GameCube. While the GameCube title takes a slight edge in the race for third place due to a better frame rate and more convincing lighting, it's still abysmally less detailed in comparison to the Xbox and PC versions.
archive.fo/HmIen
please use archive.ism/articles/2005/04/06/splinter-cell-chaos-theory-head-to-head

b-but I was told the gamecube was almost as powerful as the xbocks and the ps2 was worse

Okay so it's because of weaker hardware and not limited storage. Doesn't change the fact that it's an atrocious version.
However there are games that suffered due to limited storage, Skies of Arcadia most notably with its highly compressed music.

imagine having to make a game with mono audio when your competition is advertising 5.1 surround for every game

m o n o a u d i o
o
n
o
a
u
d
i
o

Oh hey it's the version of TS2 with missing effects so it could fit on a mini disc.

Good job newfag. GC also had the worst version of Double Agent.

Have you taken a look at the fur and grass shaders, water and lightning used in Conker L&R? Or the cloth physics of Phantom Dust? Half Life 2 being on xbawks at all? Hell, it could output and render certain games at 720p. Too bad that it never really outsold the PS2 in Japan since gooks like their consoles small like their dicks or else we would have gotten a lot more stuff.

It was missing a lot. For fuck's sake, if you are going to defend the gamecube then at least show off Eternal Darkness you immense newfag.

I'm well aware of what the xbox was capable of, ps2 was the biggest success in Japan at the time because there were more games and the era of DVD playback was being ushered in. Microsoft relied on exclusivity contracts (the best way to make games tbh) to get their Japanese support, and a lot of the western support too. The gamecube was also joke in Japan.

Did this really happen?

I admit, I was making it up. But it was a problem on the dreamcast, shenmue 2 had mono audio for some things to save space. I imagine for some GC multiplats mono audio may have become a necessity for some things.

POWER
OF
THE
GAMECUBE
But yeah, they really shit the bed with that decision. They could have downgraded anything else and it would have been a better experience.

Oh, yeah, there's no denying that Nintendo shot themselves in the foot with limiting the storage compacity as they did (Once again, as an "anti-piracy" measure), but criticizing a product for something that is false does nothing but hurt your argument.

Uh, where did this meme come from? Reading up on it tells a completely different story (Or, are these just some of the recent influx of newfags who cannot let go of their PS2?).

Didn't some anons point out that the PS2 was very expensive in comparison standard DVD players being sold at the time? Also, the Xbox failed in Japan and only really gained it's credibility in the West (Where it had created a dedicated following that "saved" the console from being slightly better than the Gamecube).

Nigger what

that was me. It was more expensive. You were spending $300 when you could get a DVD player for $80. Just check best buy catalogs at the time. Imagine being japanese, you got a tiny house, tinier rooms, you can either get more crap to plug in, waste more electricity and take up more space, or get a 2-in-1 with the DVD playback in the PS2. Not like it had many games until 2001 anyway.

DVD playback wasn't the reason it was successful, but it was part of the picture. Xbox required you to use the dvd playback kit which was a retarded move by MS (corrected by people who modded the system). I think the DVD playback kit was like $20 but it was still $20 for more crap to have around.

There are actually some awesome Japanese exclusives for the Xbox in Japan like Tenerezza and Magatama. If Magatama was released here it would be regarded as highly as ninja gaiden black.

Each console had their own edge to bring to the gen
That said each of those had pretty big handicaps, less true for the XBOX but still.

The Xbox sold only 24 million WW while the GC sold 22 million.

Oh, yeah, I read up on how Microsoft Japan had everything all set up to blow Sony out of the water (And deal a "final blow" to Nintendo), but then Gates and the American division of MS came in and said, "No, that's nice, but we're doing our own thing." And, the console still hasn't seen any following in thelLand of the Rising Sun (Unless you like Idolmaster).

Undies?

spoiler that shit, nigger

"indie" doesn't mean a game can't be published, it just means it can't be financed by an external source.

That's what publishers do. They don't just give you advertising and a stamp on your game's cover. It's financial support for various expenses during development

The game wasn't made with external source. You are confusing publisher with distributor. Sony basically just "publish" the finished game to other platform. For example, CoD game was published by Square Enix in Japan, that doesn't mean SE fund the game development

That's one of the things that publishers can do. The bare minimum to be a publisher is to manage distribution. Plenty of publishers also fund the process or interact with the development. Some publishers do not offer funding at all, or are only involved in publishing a game after it is finished. Many will publish a game without advertising.
Either way, it's generally understood that "indie" in games means "independently developed", not "independently published", though it is admittedly a vaguely-defined term, and tons of games with external financial support are considered indie.