ARCHEBLADE

Jack Scott
Jack Scott

IT'S BACK!
Codebrush almost completely abandons their first game after two years of up time, and Codebrush dissolves to make Dicetiny, which is an absolute fucking flunk and they get lawsuited to oblivion
Player count of Archeblade takes a sharp incline before dwindling over time but a dedicated minority of players still remain throughout the years
Fast forward to 3 years later
Most people have given up hope by this point
October: Codebrush's contract with Archeblade allegedly runs out
The community that still remained, who were actively modding the game to ensure it was still playable because Codebrush didn't give a solitary fuck, managed to assume control
First update in 3 years
Game can be played without any mods (unlike before)
All outfits/clothing/Accessories/Pallette swaps available from the start
Game is slowly rebuilding it's playerbase as we speak

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433348919/announcements/detail/1462966590054289611
Hey! I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the update that recently came out and are a bit confused, so I'd just like to clear some things up.
Codebrush, unfortunately, is no longer able to continue development of the game. For the time being, a community sourced dev team has been created to continue the development of Archeblade. With the current issue of new players being unable to join, the dev team decided it would be best to push out an update fixing this issue as well as include some minor bugfixes and new content. The team hopes to continue development of Archeblade as a community project, and add new content and balance fixes to a game that has not been updated in over 3 years!
Yes, this does mean more updates are to come. The first few updates will only be minor changes, as it is important to make sure the team is assembled and capable. We'll try to keep the community updated as much as possible about current development and upcoming changes, as well as listening to your feedback and suggestions.
If you do want to get involved, feel free to join the discord chat we've set up for Archeblade development, where you can talk to the devs and fellow Archebladers. You can find links in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/207230/discussions/0/1489987634022431643/
That's about all the info I have for now, but I hope everyone is excited and willing to stick around as we begin development for Archeblade again! We all believe Archeblade was an amazing game, and we hope to see it become an even more amazing game in the future!
Once again, thanks for all your support, and thanks to the entire codebrush team for making this game exist!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/207230/discussions/0/1489987634022124740/

Okay what the fuck is it even
Archeblade is a 3d, third person fighting game with plenty of action elements
How many people are in
Not many, but it's been rising ever since the announcement, and you can usually expect to find a populated server, even if it's only populated by 3/4 people at off hours, but since the number of players increased that number has since changed of course. Thanks to timezones, there's usually someone on
http://steamcharts.com/app/207230
What makes the game so great
The game not only has quite a large 1v1 community, there's also been plenty of FFAs going on at any given time. Personally, I found the huge team fights and clusterfucks the best though.
What about connections and Servers
Not going to lie, being WEST EU and playing on a US server fucking sucks. I get over 100 ping, and that really does matter on fighting games, but the more people that come in, the more servers we can get, etc.

If it gets fucked up again, by the gods of fuck.
REJOICE AND REJOIN
Your potential waifu/best girl might be waiting

All urls found in this thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433348919/announcements/detail/1462966590054289611
https://steamcommunity.com/app/207230/discussions/0/1489987634022431643/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/207230/discussions/0/1489987634022124740/
http://steamcharts.com/app/207230
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/?snr=1_5_9__205
Bentley Torres
Bentley Torres

korean mmo grindan
Could you get a better taste at video games?

Christopher Fisher
Christopher Fisher

Blade Symphony is better

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

F2P Fighting Game =/= Korean MMO
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/?snr=1_5_9__205
Wew.
Forgot to mention it was f2p. Guess I was a faggot after all.
But Blade Symphony is even more Dead… Right?

Luke King
Luke King

Game was legit fun when it was alive, gonna give it another go, hope the playerbase gets bigger

Jacob Parker
Jacob Parker

Might be cool. I never played it before. So I don't need anything special to run the game anymore right? Just install and go? Think I'll give it a try.

What's the chances of the new devs getting fucked once the old ones see there's been proper work done on it and people are coming back? Seems to me like they're setting up to be replaced once they've done all the hard work.

Carter Price
Carter Price

Gameplay video, because OP didn't bother, think Gunz if you ever played yourself.

Robert Gonzalez
Robert Gonzalez

That's the spirit user! Certainly more players right now than Blade Symphony.
In other news if/when Blade Symphony finally does go F2P, we can make a thread on that too since I missed the boat on that one too.
(checked)
Nice double dubs. Nah you don't need anything extra, it's 1.6 GB download, and completely free.
What's the chances of the new devs getting fucked once the old ones see there's been proper work done on it and people are coming back?
Hopefully fucking 0% since they've been playing dead very well so far, but they could be completely spiteful and just say 'Nah, fuck you.' I guess we'll have to see though. As far as I can see, the game was abandoned by the devs and adopted by the community, so hopefully they just see it as that. We'll see though I suppose.
Seems to me like they're setting up to be replaced once they've done all the hard work.
Not sure how it works, but I think when they did fuck all to add to the game, their contract ran out, and the community took full control. Not sure if they can reassume control since they missed the window, and they've all gone off to do different things, making empty promises that they would come back to the game if their other enterprise succeeded, but since it was basically just comprised of popular trivia and obvious knock offs I believe they got lawsuited into oblivion so they're probably still reeling. Game didn't look that great anyway, but we hoped it would be enough for them to come back back then.
I feel like this isn't a great example because this is from before the latest update, but it essentially plays the same as that for sure. Vid related was back when the game was still very active though. Hopefully we can return to that level of players again some point

Ian Brooks
Ian Brooks

all outfits/clothing/Accessories/Pallette swaps available from the start
Never played it but fuck it. If it's a free colorful-looking waifu simulator with all the outfits available without grinding for centuries, then I'm in.

Christian Rivera
Christian Rivera

Wait, this isn't ]the one with the open world and comfy farming.
Fug. So it's just a fighting game? I can't into living a comfy farmer life in a beautiful Fantasy world?

Ryder Nguyen
Ryder Nguyen

It is pretty unique that they allowed a couple dudes from the community to work on it. Maybe they just wanted to wash their hands of it. I hope these guys can fix what needs fixing in the meanwhile.
Downloading now.

user's happiness was easily crushed.

Grayson Perez
Grayson Perez

Nope. Sorry fam.
I don't think it was so much allowed so to speak, they were literally completely absent dating back from 2014 IIRC; the game was completely abandoned by them. The community just stepped up to take the devs place.

Austin Williams
Austin Williams

Just out of interest though, what game did you think this was? I wouldn't mind a nice waifu MMO either so long as it's not fucking BDO.Shameless self bump

Parker Wood
Parker Wood

Probably ArcheAge.

Lincoln Stewart
Lincoln Stewart

Blade and Soul?

William Wilson
William Wilson

Blade and soul has been gutted by NCSOFT user, even if it was once great it's since been destroyed, even if it wasn't actively censored.
Archeage? Never checked it because the steam reviews said it went p2w or something. People said BDO wasn't p2w but it basically was.

Parker Watson
Parker Watson

Yeah, Archeage is fucked beyond belief. Wouldn't even consider it.

Juan Flores
Juan Flores

I'll give it a try. Hope people are actually playing it enough to get a game going though.

Adam Adams
Adam Adams

its a K-Styling episode

Gavin Davis
Gavin Davis

that brown elf with the dual pistols
My dick knows what to play now. She feels kinda awkward though.

Dylan Price
Dylan Price

All outfits/clothing/Accessories/Pallette swaps available from the start
bullshit you are lying! where are they going to get shekels from?!

Jose Ross
Jose Ross

It's like you can't even read.

Ian Perez
Ian Perez

Does it have mobs/pve?

Aiden Kelly
Aiden Kelly

pls respond

Juan Allen
Juan Allen

i haven't played in years but there was only pvp back then. 99% sure it's still that way now.

it was pretty annoying at any level of play beyond beginner though. some characters can infinite you, and others can kite you HARD. there were a lot of elements that just didn't do it for me.

i guess it is free though so by all means go and form your own opinions, it won't hurt for awhile imo

Caleb Jackson
Caleb Jackson

has quite a large 1v1 community
there's also plenty of ffas
like clockwork
Who are all the characters and which are the most fun OP?
No
Yes

John Johnson
John Johnson

sounds like great news

Levi Jackson
Levi Jackson

So it's another Overwatch clone?

William Ramirez
William Ramirez

it's incredibly less complex than OW

David Morales
David Morales

pretty sure this came out long before overwatch, I remember playing it years ago

Cooper Morales
Cooper Morales

Nope, but you can play training mode and that's pretty much solely against Mobs if that's your cup of tea. I think the intention was to develop it to that kind of stage, but it's not been long since the new team has assumed control so anything new now is going to be in the pipeline still.
Who are all the characters and which are the most fun OP?
Depends what mood I'm in. I like to play the black jew monk when I'm feeling like a cheeky cunt, but when I'm getting smashed I might switch over to gaspar. Most people play Renny though I think. Every character has their strengths and weaknesses, just depends upon your playstyle preference and how you feel at the time.
Hopefully it stays that way user, quite often I'm too cynical to believe things like this can happen without something bad happening afterwards.
Well it's not a moba, and it's not an ASSFAGGOTS or a CRAPCUNTS, and it's not even a fucking shooter. What's going to be called a fucking Overwatch clone next?

Aaron Roberts
Aaron Roberts

that was fast, what game were you thinking about, user?

Caleb Rivera
Caleb Rivera

every servers with players are over 400+ ping
played first match
it's quit decent game
can't hit shit with the 400 ping
killing sluts wielding hammer with Dragunov and dual pistol wielding highschool girl character
feels good man
everyone suddenly rage quitting one by one
now I'm the only one in the server
This is why you don't play ded game

Joseph Green
Joseph Green

You've just gotta find a decent server user. Check steamcharts, join at the peak times. Join the bridge server. Leave when the server empties.

Henry Williams
Henry Williams

I remember buying this at release, really fun game. I'll try to get back into it.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page