What are some non Holla Forums places that are so detailed that they would make a great...

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

What are some non Holla Forums places that are so detailed that they would make a great videogame map? Yes I know the gamecube and MMO exist but messed up the map by adding too much filler

Ryan Clark
Ryan Clark

what?

Zachary Williams
Zachary Williams

Videogames are known for having very detailed maps because unlike a show a player usually goes through the same stuff over and over again. Some tv shows and cartoons however reuse the same location over and over if they are consistent with it the viewer starts to build a mental map of the place which can be as detailed as what you would see in a videogame map.

Noah Miller
Noah Miller

EE&E cul-de-sac map
there will never be an RPG set in the suburbs involving kids doing kid stuff
you will never roleplay as a 9 year old peddling lemonade on the street all day so you can afford jawbreakers the new megaman toy
you will never play a mini-game where you're playing mudball/pinecone war with other kids
you will never explore the wide expanse of residential areas through the eyes of a child again
Just wanted to vent some feels. Have a good thread, OP.

Wyatt Hill
Wyatt Hill

So you basically want an I spy book?

John Campbell
John Campbell

Yes, or a were's Waldo

Owen Campbell
Owen Campbell

no, i think he means a location from some other media that would make for a good videogame map or setting

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

I forgot how nuts some of these where

Andrew Ward
Andrew Ward

I imagine that's how the artists stayed motivated. It kept them from getting bored.

Julian Sullivan
Julian Sullivan

That faggot can't hide from me.

Xavier Cruz
Xavier Cruz

Bully is the closest I can think of but that is a bit too old and in a school. A game taking place in a small town with a school, forest area, town square ect would be cool. Especially doing random fun stuff around the town. Maybe you can have some combat involving monsters invading the town but have most of it about doing just fun kid stuff and pull pranks on people.

Hunter Foster
Hunter Foster

Yeah, that one is rather easy.

Alexander Miller
Alexander Miller

A game taking place in a small town with a school, forest area, town square ect would be cool.

David Phillips
David Phillips

A Gmod-based Where's Waldo game would be a piece of cake to code and make. Throw hundreds of bots in the world and have them move around; you have to find Waldo in among them. Fucking awesome idea.

Oh, and this map would finally be a reality.

Lucas Kelly
Lucas Kelly

Yeah but since it's moe autism most of it is probably trying to date the girls and dialog instead of going on kid adventures.

Robert Butler
Robert Butler

I never got this one as a kid.

Cooper Price
Cooper Price

I loved the hell out of bully and expended about a hundred some hours into it (haven't tried mods yet). Something not as linear and involving a younger age range would be pure bliss though.

Blake Cooper
Blake Cooper

When I get these I like to airbrush out waldo, and post them in lol threads.

Mason Ramirez
Mason Ramirez

You bully.

Josiah Scott
Josiah Scott

In a smoothie place
There is a wheres waldo page on the wall with a note that says anyone who finds Waldo gets $2 off their smoothie
The fuckers cut out Waldo and stuck him in another picture a few inches away
Best 2 dollars I ever saved.

Anthony Thompson
Anthony Thompson

You what.

Nathaniel Murphy
Nathaniel Murphy

For a moment I thought that was Grove Street.

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

Now that's pretty clever, and who's this fag?

Dylan Edwards
Dylan Edwards

Dark Waldo

Ayden Sanders
Ayden Sanders

Did any of you fellows ever read books illustrated by Colin Thompson? His books were very formative on me as a child, I would get lost in the intricacies and details of his worlds, and to this day i'll open his books and get lost for a while. I would love to see anything in a video game rivaling the creativity and detail of these places

Julian Morgan
Julian Morgan

I can't be the only person who's wanted a legit version of Bedrock in a game. Or at least some more games with neanderthals cavemen.

Adam Wood
Adam Wood

Sounds like that one where you pretend to be an npc and complete objectives while someone else attempts to snipe you. Or that other one where you can transform into random objects and have to hide from a dude with a shotgun.
Also I fucking swear it was Where's Wally rather than Waldo. I thought Waldo was just the off-brand name to pass copyright and mention it in tv shows without the bullshit.

Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris

Waldo goes by different names in different countries.
Makes the bastard that much harder to find.

Alexander Parker
Alexander Parker

That's Odlaw, user.

Jose Miller
Jose Miller

It's Wally in the UK, but Odlaw isn't Yllaw.

Joshua Nelson
Joshua Nelson

Oops.

Samuel Mitchell
Samuel Mitchell

I was thinking of Earthbound/Mother when I read this, although it leans on the fantasy side of things quite a bit.

Brody Ross
Brody Ross

Found him.

Gabriel Rogers
Gabriel Rogers

That's fuckin' evil, man.

I like your methods.

Jack Murphy
Jack Murphy

Every day that these images do not exist in a video game, I die a little more inside.

Jackson Adams
Jackson Adams

Half of that sounds like the South Park games.

Nathaniel Gutierrez
Nathaniel Gutierrez

I'd be afraid of letting anything I love get turned into a game, television series or movie right now. Let's win the culture war and do away with shit like girls in the boy scouts first.

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

Made in Abyss has a great setting. I could see it as a dungeon exploration game (maybe somewhat similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) or possibly a game like Recettear were you buy/sell the artifacts.

Blake Peterson
Blake Peterson

Agreed

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

There is 1 missing a shoe. That is the real Waldo/Wally.

Juan Hill
Juan Hill

or a horror game if you read the mango

Jason Morris
Jason Morris

Seriously there is nothing fun about The Abyss. It's horrifying.

Grayson Edwards
Grayson Edwards

That layout is often a typical RTS map layout.

Jose Reed
Jose Reed

You are filth.

Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Samuel Parker
Samuel Parker

I guess you could try Costume Quest but make sure you pirate it so the 3.3 million dollar man doesn't get your money

John Perry
John Perry

tfw no adventures in the southern islands and only a few small blurbs about how fucked up some of them were

Logan Lewis
Logan Lewis

Dem double dubs

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

Look at that shit eating grin.

Nathaniel Reyes
Nathaniel Reyes

that one where you pretend to be an npc and complete objectives while someone else attempts to snipe you
TELL ME
I really liked as brotherhood's multiplayer and I would love to play something similar.
BTW Is there a city builder where I can make suburb like Cul de Sac? I know about SC4 but I would like to play another game.

Christopher King
Christopher King

Odlaw, actually.

Joshua Collins
Joshua Collins

(checked)
Or at least some more games with cavemen
This, and alongside something in the same vein as Fire and Ice or Conan Barbarian.

Kayden Foster
Kayden Foster

That third image is quite similar to that one town in skyrim
Here's some food for thought. Do you think it's possible to make a sandbox video game set in nothing but plains?

Alexander Adams
Alexander Adams

Do you think it's possible to make a sandbox game set in nothing but plains?
If there's a will, there's a way.

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

I think that was called spy party?

Levi Diaz
Levi Diaz

I'd love to see compact but detailed buildings.

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

Waldo
Fucking Burguers

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

Thank y-
Early-Access

Jack Kelly
Jack Kelly

Ha ha, eurocucks can't make za waldo jokes.

Matthew Edwards
Matthew Edwards

Fire and Ice
I LITERALLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS A COUPLE HOURS AGO
GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Juan Smith
Juan Smith

(checked)
That's some magic you got there.

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

The Toa Mata (Tahu, Gali, etc.) were created as Toa, rather than Matoran. They might not be able to turn into Turaga.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page