Gravity Rush 2 Online Shutdown Jan 18th

These will be gone:
jp.playstation.com/info/software/nr-20170928-gravity-daze-2-ps4.html

But why?

So wait does that mean you won't be able to get the worker, school uniform 1.0 or shifter 1.0 constumes any more? That's real fucking shitty if true.

Why so soon?

Why shut down such lightweight-sounding online capabilities?

servers are expensive regardless of what they are used for.

its not like we are paying for it or anything.

based japs

Ah, that reminds me of the days when Polypenis Digital decided to kill Gran Turismo 5 online functionalities. The game is hardly playable now, no online collector's dealership and every time you enter the main menu you get a fucking message that the online period has come to an end.
All this to push the shitty downgrade that was Gran Turismo 6.

They are not that expensive. If they can't afford servers, then they shouldn't have online features for a game that doesn't sell all that well for being in a dead platform.

This game just came out. What the fuck?

How to ensure there will be no GR3.

reminds me of White Knight Chronicles. another game whose servers didnt last very long, and whose real ending is locked behind a group-play wall, because there's literally no way to beat the post-game dungeon without a full party of heavily geared people & Knights.

every fucking game needs an online mode, what happened to single player? why can't i just finish my game without having to see other retards or contact other retards for help? i want to escape people, not get together with them, VIDEOGAMES WERE MADE TO BE PLAYED ALONE YOU FUCKING RETARDED DEVELOPERS.

Sony wins again! they better patch this fucking shit, always pissed at games with online content being unattainable because they pulled the fucking plug on the servers.

Should have ported to PC. Too bad.

They did the same fucking thing with Valkyria Chronicles too.

Shit I just bought that game too, what a shame.

should have done research on it.

its still a great single player experience, at least until you beat the main story.

k

Reminder that Chromehounds multiplayer never ever again

Meme game.
No one cares.
Not even numerous collaborations with big boys could save this garbage lol.

I'm all for shitting on consoles and all, but let's not be delusional here. So far it's doing better than the Switch and XBone combined, and its sales at this point are close to eclipsing the sales of the entire 3DS family. It's far from a dead system and one of the few consistently profitable things Sony has left.

Good, get fucked.

Absolutely despicable that they would do this OP.

….the Switch is almost 7 months old…

The only thing worst than a PS4 owner is a Switch owner, they'll list the most mediocre shit GOTY and beg for literal garbage to come to the platform, which it does and it plays and runs like shit.

And people defend this, fuck, people defend the Bone.
What the fuck is wrong with normalfags?

why not both?
nigger you are clearly too poor to own a good PC that can barely emulate 6 generation. :^)

so nothing of value was lost?

I doubt it.

Dragons Crown is not getting a PC port and as already established (you) are clearly are too poor to have a PC that can run RPCS3. In fact I am starting to suspect (you) are someone who's mother bought them a Macbook and struggle to try and run games with WINE.

but user, I'm playing it right now. :^)

Gravity rush 1 was on ps4. It was ported and upgraded to 60 fps becauae of gravity rush 2. The director also expressed no interest in a third game.

But the Treasure Hunts were the best part! And the lovely pictures of cute best waifu everywhere. Such a shame.

Dragons Crown is a 7th Gen game
Dragons Crown is already emulatable on RPCS3
Here, my specs but even better since I have an RX480.

Not online you aren't

Good.

I love Gravity Rush. Enough to actually buy a Shitstation 4 just to play it. The last thing I want to see is for the series to be franchised and run into the ground by greedy fucking marketers trying to appeal to as wide a consumer-base as possible. Two games is perfect. One for a commercial proof of concept, and a sequel to polish the mechanics - expand the content - and to tie up the story.

More games should end after the second installment.

But user, how else are they going to get you to pony up $10 a month for a service you don't need and which should be free - unless they shoehorn in forced multiplayer, then require that multiplayer to complete all the content, so that they can arbitrarily lock you out of it unless you pay.

Jesus, multiplayer on consoles is like a fucking mafia protection racquet. "Hey, that's nice game you got there. It would be a real shame if something were to happen to it."

I have shitty 6350 cpu, I guess I wont play a thing on that?

This fucking shit has become a cuckchan meme at this point, so much that cuckhan newfags such as yourself complain whenever you someone uses sage, even when using it right.

I'm offtopic you stupid nigger, thats why the sage is there.

While I agree, I would have liked if they added a DLC about the Angels for a different experience. That and a Raven mode like the Vergil campaign in DMC3-4 (nothing fancy, just play the main game as the character).
Anyway, I guess this really means Kat is too pure for this world. Thank goodness I already got all the neko shekel awards. And on the subject of shekels, sad to see one of the least kiked games in this generation do so poorly. Other dipshits would have put a price tag on those costumes and the extra campaign.
I hope the director does get to work on other projects; GR really had a way of turning the tables on the player. You go in thinking it's all comfy waifu adventures but then shit gets spoopy, freaky and downright depressing really quick. He did work on the first SH and the Siren games, after all.

I was planning to get this a few months down the line. Do you lose out on cute costumes if you don't do the online?

go back to 4cuck you living tumor

Nope, sorry lad

These costumes are all unlocked from playing the original and importing save data. Stop believing shills. You should play the original anyway.

Sweet. I was gonna nab both anyway. Thanks for the info.

If you want a physical copy get an asian english one, they are very cheap.

Three costumes are Dusty Token rewards. Here's the list:
Upside-Down Man Photo Item - 10
"Salute" Gesture - 100
Worker Costume - 300
Miner's Technique Talisman - 500
Traffic Cone Photo Item - 1000
School Uniform 1.0 Costume - 2000
Fisher's Recipe Talisman - 3000
"You There" Gesture - 4000
Shifter 1.0 Costume - 5000
Unlimited Potential Talisman - 6000

They lost me on console gaming when they started to charge a 60 dollar faggot tax.

Wow, that's an embarrassment.
I thought charging for Online Services was supposed to prevent this kind of thing.
I'm glad I decided against picking up a PS4.

No but the electricity to run them is. There's no point to run a server for a dead game when it's eating up kWh after kWh.

So just scale them down according to projected usage over the next few quarters. There are assholes running MMO private servers out of their bedrooms which I'm pretty sure are using more bandwidth and electricity than Gravity Rush 2's online mode would need at this point.

It's called not shitting on your customers to save a few pennies - but I guess if you sell these retards on a $10 fee to run a network that more than pays for itself in royalties and distribution fees (like 40% total) from every game sold through it's built-in online store - then they're dumb enough to accept the idea that the GR2 servers are just too expensive for a poor struggling mega-corporation to maintain.

To everyone saying all these problems are linked to multiplayer: they're not always. Even in single player games, you get fucked. Anything released recently by Bamco is a good example. Let's take Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. If you don't buy the DLC, you're locked out of the following:
- half of all weapons
- half of all armor
- the best sword skills
- unlocking of the level cap from 80 to 999
- tons of new areas
- new dungeons in each area
- an endless dungeon
In short, you're missing out on a good half the game content, including ALL endgame content, and it has nothing to do with multiplayer because all this bullshit applies to the single player experience. Years from now, when collectors buy old PS4s and this game, they'll never have access to half the game, and it's not because of multiplayer but because gamers are fucking retarded and pay companies to destroy games like this.

smells like cuckchan.

enjoy your toaster poorfag

(you)
read the thread (checked)

go back to 4cuck you living tumor

There was sequel to this trash?

xD!

A bit ironic how the MMO set game has all these features locked away until you buy a modernized "expansion pack". I mean, it's still Shit Stain Online, so it can rot for all I care.

See, I can highlight meaningless shit as well. sage for double post.

I want summer to end

I'm going to be honest, I'm just literally never going to pay for a videogame again. I already aim as a matter of principle to pirate most things, even if I can afford them, because this industry has fucked me so often and so hard. I won't give another red cent to these fucking kikes. They always fuck me one way or another, they always fuck you. Here I thought this was safely "one of the good ones". Less than a year after release they prove I shouldn't have given them anything. I should have bought this fucking game used out of spiteful principle. I would have, had I known. Now I know.

THE GAME INDUSTRY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER FUCKING DIME FROM ME, I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO ADOPT THE SAME VALUE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

Sage

man you are truly are retard.

thinks*