Mods general

Should I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R modded or unmodded? If so. What mods should I download for S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Always play vanilla first

First playthrough? Just patch it. I heard ZRP is also good for bugfixes and engine improvements, but I've never tried it.
Why do we have threads asking the same question so fucking frequently anyway?

But why?

Because that's the experience the developers intended, they don't intend for you to play the game with mods made by some 17 year old stoner who knows jack shit about game design you fucking imbecile

Don't forget to download a trainer for the worst hallways levels in the game: Pripyat and Sarcophagus.

So if the mods are a subpar experience why bother with them?

Are you retarded? Replayability.

They're not always a subpar experience but you don't want to ruin your first impression of a game because you were stupid enough to use a mod made by redditors or slavic teenagers.

Because a few mods are genuinely good, but as and said, they are not for vanilla for the reason I just listed.

If I had to guess you've already played it and are making this thread out of boredom

I feel like I've seen this same thread at least 50 time. Who the fuck even thinks to play a game for the first time with mods? You might say VtM:B is one but the Unofficial Patch doesn't add any new gameplay mechanics, it just tries to fix gamebreaking bugs.

Anyway what's the best faction and why is it the Monolith?

You only ever have to do it once. You'll learn to appreciate mods more.

Also the AI is really dumb in the sarcophagus so you can basically body them easily. The real pain in the ass is the radiation.

You're a big fat pussy. Modders of matured games often know the games better than the developers do. See DICE and Relic. They admit themselves that they don't know what made their older games special..

Unmodded stalker is garbage. Enemies are bullet sponges and it kills the immersion.

Fucking casual.

You're a bootlicking faggot. Modders have saved numerous games, including STALKER when it was a bugfest and the dev didn't give a shit. Just like skyrim, and a game I've played recently, warhammer total war, which Is almost unplayable without a few mods that just fixed the fucking game for the devs.

Dosent matter. Shooting a guy over and over again in the chest while he just flinches is just pure cringe. The best combat in fps games is having little to no HP for the player and the AI. Makes it so much more immersive and challenging. But I get it. Hurr durr I shoot epic 420 headshots on master difficulty xddddd. Go be cringey somewhere else.

That's what Master difficulty does though you dummy or are you complaining that you can't kill an exoskeleton by shooting him in the chest a few times with a 9mm pistol?

Wew

Wow, what a surprise, and that doesn't disprove my point.

Found the 12 year old stoner who knows jack shit about game design. If you're too dumb to differentiate bug fixes for old buggy games from game changing mods made by unskilled teenagers, you're just flatout retarded. Also, I've never seen anyone above the age of 15 use the term 'bootlicker', fuck off faggot.

After you get an AKM the game is a breeze, you're a fucking casual.

You don't have to use a trainer, but the sudden shift in gameplay is retarded and horrible, also yes, the radiation suddenly becoming a threat is stupid. The quality of the game take a huge dive at the end.

So what are the absolute best of the best mods for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?

Misery 2.2

That's a funny way to spell Ecologists

:^)

Who the fuck even thinks to play a game for the first time without mods? Devs are nearly always lazy fucks who fail to fix x, y and z with their games (if games support mods) so generally you want to go and get yourself some unofficial patches (as you said yourself). Furthermore, old games generally have had a long time to get good mods.

I really like Autumn Aurora 2, but I actually like the game vanilla.

Anything that severely fucks with the enemy AI makes the game unfun in early stages. Being headshot from a dumbshit bandit in a track suit with a Makarov from halfway across the map is gay as fuck. Makarov has an effective range of 50 m in real life. No skill bandits shouldn't be tack drivers in this game.

Unless you've been playing the game without using artifacts and exploring at all then I don't see how you won't have tons of radiation protection.
Hell most of late game armor provides passive radiation protection so you don't even need the best radiation protection artifacts either.

You need to actually play through the game unmodded to know what needs fixing.

Way to give yourself away, faggot millennial.

I have done everything in the game multiple times, the only artifacts I used are the endurance ones, radiations are never a problem in the game, it's practically only used to prevent you to go to far away in the maps.

Play the games modded. I don't know what the fuck 1ad7b4 is on about, but the game is not good unless it is modded. Don't bother with Chernobyl and Clear Sky. Jump to Pripyat since that has the best mods for it including huge expansions like Call of Chernobyl that vastly improve thee roleplaying experience and artificial intelligence.

NEVER play STALKER completely unmodded, even for first time player. Play with the ZRP mod, ZRP is an absolute necessity for those who want to taste vanilla STALKER. STALKER is a broken mess poorly put together by a bunch of drunk slavs who have zero grasp of video game design. ZRP fixes the most broken aspects of the game, thus making it at least playable.

Where did this "Master difficulty removes bullet sponge" myth come from? I tried playing at medium difficulty and the enemies actually die a bit faster.

Pripyat is dull, empty, and laggy as fuck. Only play it for CoC.

Isn't like 90% of this board roughly 22-32yo aka millennials? Are the Gen Z smartphone kiddies really calling millennials faggots or what?

CoC make it worth skipping all the others worth skipping, though.

You would be right for 95% of the games out there but for Stalker I think it's best to use at least a bugfix mod.

For STALKER it is perfectly fine with vanilla

Shadow of Chernobyl is fine vanilla.

only correct answer is

ZOA

Is this bait, i never knew Holla Forums could be so casul. I mean, the monoliths came in like a bunch of ww2 slav human wave assaults except their gears are top tier shit, i could fun a whole army of slavshitters with the shit they dropped UUUU. Yes, i played it on master and i was using a vintorez and a G36

praise the monolith fellow brother

CoC
It has mods-mods too if you get a case of boredom

Yeah, wish they still had guides in CoC, sure it makes travelling easier (inb4 it makes it casual) but boy does it removes the utterly soul-crushing trek through dead city, and makes walking all the way from zaton rebundant.

I can't play it without ZRP.

You are right, you really have to be a great nd skilled gamer to be able to play through a shitty rushed out CoD hallway level.

And yet you still can't do it without a trainer.

Who said I can't ? You can swim in a pile of shit, great for you, I just prefer to run through it and not be bothered to play the worst levels in the game.

Most gun mods seem to mainly add more tacticool guns with all sort of stuff attached to them like scopes and whatnot but is there any weapon mods that kind of makes the game technologically more primitive? I mean a mod that increases the amount of basic civilian weapons like shotguns and hunting rifles and reduces the amount of military weapons so that only the Military faction and high ranking paramilitary stalkers have such fancy tools?

I'm talking about CoC.

Eat a fucking dick Reddit casuals
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is perfectly fine in vanilla despite its flaws.

This depresses me to no end
I miss being an angsty carefree teenager with a craptop

You definitely need to mod the game, because the gun mechanics in vanilla are dogshit and you bullets will go everywhere and not hit the thing you're aiming at. You don't need a mod, just go in to the game files and increase the accuracy of the guns.

The correct answer is, because you don't know what's broken until you test drive the product first. Only after you've played the vanilla game can you know exactly what areas of the game you feel actually need to be modified in order to make it a more enjoyable experience for you.

Red Forest needed more content

Step aside niggers

All shit

Is calling someone you disagree with a 12 year old the new buzzword to throw around?

Wow look at this defeatist casul faggot and laugh

Reminder that STALKER 2 will never happen, even with the success of Cossack 3

Gotta admit, they have some good armor there.

They're cool and all, but most of the time they do jackshit.

No, just you

The mods add all the content that was originally or should have been in the game. Otherwise, it's a pretty generic shooter that isn't worth the time to play through. All you need is a modded CoP.

Because clearly people play the game only for the engine and not the game itself. Pretty funny how you claim it is a generic shooter not worth your time when every single mod made for the game conveniently "forgets" to remove those elements.

and you still cucked out like some kind of game journalist or something

You don't remove features to make something less generic. Through mods, you can make it a wasteland survival game rather than a simple shooter.

The Vanilla game's a buggy fucking mess. Anybody stupid enough not to install an unofficial patch or something is retarded. The vanilla game is honestly solid without mods anyway. You're retarded if you think that the base game is worse with mods though. I genuinely never want to play SoC again without mods. The game turned into a dumpster fire towards the end.

Oblivion Lost is probably the best mod you can get for Stalker SoC; It's a mod pack with all the popular adjustments and fixes and adds in a whole crapload of new content without changing the gameplay too much. Random blowouts, hordes of nasty mutants, and new and improved guns make the game feel like what it should have been when it was released.

Just my 2 cents… I enjoyed playing the vanilla experience as well for the first trip into Chernobyl

Bunch of gay contarded faggots itt. Vanilla with headbobbing removed is all you need.

That filename is wei out of line

I didn't even find the end of SoC that bad, the fast pace made sense considering everyone made a mad rush for the Sarcophagus and the army came in too. The rest of the game is pretty slow paced besides a few places, getting to go ham is a nice change of pace. Some encounter design was a bit dodgy though.