So is this a sequel to Sun & Moon or is it a remake?

So is this a sequel to Sun & Moon or is it a remake?

It's both a sequel and remake of Nintendo's cock in your ass.

Remake split into 2 versions.

It's an alternative remake

It's more of a sequel than your average third version (Platinum, Emerald, ect.) but less of a sequel like BW2 and more like even more of an alternate reality than usual. All I hope for is a decent post-game, especially with EXP scaling. I'll take decent side stuff though (pictures do not impress me). It's not like I'm going to buy it no matter what they do, anyway.

I forgot this was coming out

It's a sequel-pre-make
An alternative reality interpretation of the same story, but a few years after the events in the previous game's color not matching yours current. It makes for an interesting alternate same experience of other events not mentioned prior. But only if you know how the story of the previous games was. Did you play gold and silver, OP? Because it's something like those games, only in a different way like if diamond and pearl were like those games. You know?

Actually I take it back, nobody has any idea what USUM is, not even fucking GameFreak. They clearly have no idea how to fucking market it, they've been letting out even less info than they usually do about this shit. I'm just going to play better Pokemon games like Gold, Black 2, or the latest Ecchi version demo.

So is nobody going to talk about that motherfucking radical mantine surfing

I think they've beaten this horse a bit too long. I'm still going to pirate it.

I'm not even excited about Pokémon anymore man. Nintendo just fucking sucks now, to the point where I don't feel guilt by pirating their shit. I remember feeling so guilty in Black2/White2 that I just HAD to buy them because I thought they were that good. I got X/Y late into the 3DS gen and I can't be any happier that I didn't give goyimleech a god damn cent.
They were hints in BW of the decrease in quality, hand holding and forced shonen story elements, but I enjoyed it because it was still subtle enough that I felt in control. Gen 6/7 ruined all of that for me indefinitely, even the music is fucky for me, route music in Alola is easily the worst, Lusamine/Guzma and that ancient chinese city are bretty good though but that's all the praise I give the music.

This is why I'm learning to program, I'd type a tl;dr but everyone here knows how low quality has sunk and don't need to read an entire thread why. I wish it had the story of 5 and 2, the freedom of 1/2 and the vibe of 3 and 2 with the music of 4/7 and designs to evolve rather than become more simplified. There is so much wrong with Pokémon, but the last thread captured it to a T.
Did anyone manage to save the "Genwunners - Are they right" Thread in the archive?

Gen 5 is the pinnacle of the series and Monster Hunter Stories is better than the 3DS era Pokemon games by far. I hope USUM has full of shit to do at the very least since they've been skimping on the features ever since Gen 6.

This. That game has no right being as good as it is.

It's trash because it mist likely:
The only neat things were the ultra beasts, the lore around Aether Co. and Guzma.

People here still care about Pokemon? The series has become a parody of itself for a while now.

I've only recently started playing the series(starting from red/blue), at what point do they become really bad?

Its not that it becomes really bad, its just that its repetitious.

Gen 3 and Gen 4 are kind of dull; and Gen 6 is a step backwards in every way except for graphics.

Gen 3 becomes disappointing after coming off of Gen 2. If you don't play Platinum Version only for Gen 4, Gen 4 will suck for you. Gen 5 is where the series peaks with Gen 6 stripping away nearly EVERYTHING that made Gen 5 good in the first place. Not sure about Gen 7 but I either hear it's the greatest shit and the second coming of Christ or it's shit due to other things.

It's subjective as fuck. The core monster raising and battling mechanics are better and better each game, only retarded nostalgiafag would try to argue otherwise. Everything else just boils down to personal taste.

The only objectively bad things from the newer games is the handholdng and performance.

I can't think of a gaming company that is more consumer unfriendly/rip off merchants.
If you pirate their games its awesome though. Especially since you can do it right on original hardware with ease.

Why would you start off from red blue in this day and age? That is absolute torture.

Gen 5 was the last good gen.

Also did Pokemon Prism ever get new version beyond 0.91?

You should have started Gen 3 and end in Gen 5. Gen 1 and 2 are extremely flawed only praised by Noatalgiafags where the remakes did better. The Gen 6 Hoenn remakes are a fucking travesty that couldn't hold a candle to Emerald.

If only there's private servers for the older game's online features.

So it is fair to compare this to something like InFamous First Light?
Where the developers take the engine and assets, and make a new game with it? Even akin to the third FE Fates path.

Never played through it as a kid and got a craving to finally pick it up(just downloaded from freeshop on 3ds). Played through fire red as well and recently completed crystal. Trying to play them in their "lore" order so not sure if I should play HG/SS first or just play Emerald.

Play whichever, timeline is shit when remakes are involved.

Only some spinoff games are worth playing after gen 5. There is no reason to play any of the mainline games after Black 2/White 2, pretend gen 6 and 7 don't exists then play romhacks of the older games in their place.

What the fuck happened? How is the art getting simpler?

That's a lot more fluid looking than the original though. Too bad the faces look retarded now.

Gen 3 is when it starts to happen, though I like Emerald quite a bit. I also hear good things about Platinum, but I don't buy it. Just stop after playing through Emerald.

so the pozzing came to japan as well

Niggers in pokemon are nothing new.

Only reason to get the new games is to rush through the story and start playing against your friends. If you have no friends you'll end up putting it in it's case and forgetting about it. This would be fixable if there was some more postgame content. Battle Frontier was amazing, but they won't give us anything like that again for some reason.
Most of my fun comes from "borrowing" ideas off Fullderp and using them against my normalfag friends.

They removed Gen 6's convenient online multiplayer stuff on the bottom screen, and the replacement requires you leaving the main game world. You're practically dragged around by waypoint markers, and the game makes heavy use of unskippable cutscenes. The story is boring, but has a few neat features they didn't elaborate on.
What they did right was add to the battling. They borrowed the Delta pokemon mechanic from the card game. They added a one-time nuke in the form of Z crystals, which could either hit really hard or modify a status move with extra features. The legendaries are more interesting, and the island guardian quartet have abilities that let you build teams around them easily. The new pokemon look cool, and many have signature moves and abilities. It's a lot more fun than gen 6 if you only care about battling, but it still suffers from "I'll bring some nice pokemon online and hope nobody has 6 Arceuses". Only way to have a fun fight without going full tryhard is to have friends who play it.

It's the same map with a new story and some new features that don't merit a whole sequel. It should have been a DLC expansion to the base game.

Oh no, I don't fucking bother with Pokemon online unless it's with friends who aren't autistic enough to breed the ubermensch of Pokemon teams with EV training.

Christ, It thought this was a fan made cartoon when I saw the thumbnail.

5 = 3 > 2 > 7 > 6 >>> 1 >>>>>> 4

Yeah I think I lost a couple IQ points trying to digest that shit.

Do tell, user. Do you mean the lolimon game /loli/ has been working on?

To be fair, the other characters did react as if it was retarded so it may have been intentional.

How fucking young are you people?

No, I mean this
>>>/mon/239

oh baby

They've been working on it on and off since fucking Gen 5 came out. I guess I should say she since I don't know if anyone else has been helping, she said she wanted to do it on her own for a while. Holy shit it's been like 5 years since the last really good Pokemon game came out, they'd better make a good one on the Switch eventually, they're running out of excuses not to put effort in. They've already future proofed the games so hard that Gen 6 ran like complete shit and Gen 7 had some problems still.

6 and 7 were just bad. the pokemon weren't even yiffable.

I’m okay with this.

are they actually… trying to kill pokemon?

Not to defend the pokemon cartoon but are you actually going to get upset over something that has been exactly the same shit for 20 years?
Does no one remember that ash beat brock by spamming lighting at his fucking onyx over and over? This was shit from the start.

I hope they improve the dress up for these. SM was a huge step back from XY in that regard.

Indeed, I'm still having a blast transferring good monster genes into my Monsties.

Do alolan forms not count as new to you?

hold up, I haven't watched pokemon in a long time but didn' it involve a sprinkler system.

No.

Except he set of the sprinklers because water is conductive to electricity and it powered up Pikachu's moves in accordance with that logic.
Listen, the anime was always dumb but this is dumb in a manner that even contradicts its own rules. In fact, when every background character in the episode is scratching their head and commenting on how dumb it is, you should probably start thinking about a rewrite.

Except he set off the sprinklers because water is conductive to electricity and it powered up Pikachu's moves in accordance with that logic.
Listen, the anime was always dumb but this is dumb in a manner that even contradicts its own rules. In fact, when every background character in the episode is scratching their head and commenting on how dumb it is, you should probably start thinking about a rewrite.

Reevaluate your fucking lives. That game has by far one of the, if not worst combat systems, characters, writing and progression I ever had the displeasure of seeing in a game. Its absolutely fucking abysmal and you should feel ashamed for playing it. How do you even manage to stand Naviru without wanting to curb stomp the little shit?!?!

Dont get the hopes up, remember gogoat riding in gen6?

gen3 removes some features
gen4 brings them back but took them platinum and fix some fuckups
gen5 is decent as long as you dont fall for the "ice cream and trash" meme, then B2W2 made some better improvements
gen6 fucked everything but the multiplayer, from singleplayer and multiplayer balance
to the performance
also XY had a fuckton of gen1 fanservice
havent played gen7 yet

shut up user

Wait, why the fuck would there be a sprinkler set to go off when there are pokemon who literally BREATH FIRE?

You forgot to mention how the super training can max out a pokemons evs before your first battle.
Or how the pokemon molestation sim can give you +1 evasion/crit rate, free focus band, 20% more exp, the effects of shed skin and other shit I'm probably forgetting with just 2 minutes of rubbing.
Or how the gen 1 starter you get forced on you utterly eclipses the actual starter you picked because retarded mega.
Or how the lucario forced on you is guaranteed to have a good nature and almost perfect IVs while also having a retarded mega attached.
Or how the big city you spend most of your time in is fucking impossible to navigate because of shitty camera and everything looking the same to the point where most people needed a map.
You also failed to mention once how aegislash is probably the most poorly thought out thing in pokemon and is proof that gamefreak doesn't understand how basic numbers work.
Gen 6 is a fucking failed abortion of a game but gen 7 is a huge step up, not that this is really saying a whole lot. Any mechanical problems or retarded decisions can be attributed to the lingering stench of gen 6.

I imagine after almost 20 years of writing out battle scenes they stop giving a fuck

Did you miss the part where people were calling out how the anime has been retarded since the first ever gym battle?

There's more

Apparently they were working on gen 6 alongside gen 5, but it feels rushed as fuck. It has some great ideas, like Friend Safari and horde battles, but it needed a year more polish.
And then they removed triple battles in the gen they added Oricorio, which would have benefited the most from them

no braixen, no buy

No. It just hasn't been this retarded.

when did ash became an obnoxious brat? he used to be a young boy with a dream…

You can very easily edit your save to have whatever you want. or just trade from another game.

how can I edit my IRL save so I can get a braixen

By installing homebrew and pirating the game.

how can I install homebrew on my brain

Well you would need a brain to start with. You can probably get one second hand for pretty cheap.

You can do it with a legit copy no problem too, cart or digital

Dismiss.

Indisputable fact is the only reason to play Pokemon after Gen V is new Pokebros and new fappable Pokegirls.