What am I in for?

What am I in for?

You're in my spot, sir.

put your hands up!
down on the ground!

A methodical yet fast paced tactical FPS and a whole lot of ==YOU'RE IN MY SPOT, SIR==

Mirror, under the door

Install the mod that removes the penalty for shooting an armed hostile if they don't comply and play on the highest difficulty, otherwise you're going to be sporting non-lethal weapons for the entire game.

Basically, play like someone from SWAT.

Shooting everyone with beanbags from heavily armed terrorists to uppity hostages
It's good fun

TRAILERS

or just play on medium and dont give a fuck

POLICE DROP YOUR WEAPON
POLICE DROP YOUR WEAPON
POLICE DROP YOUR WEAPON

Trailers!

GET DOWN, NOW
POLICE GET DOWN
ON THE FLOOR, NOW
Get the Stetchkov Syndicate expansion

Gold edition includes it

A pathetic downgrade compared to Raven Shield.

You're saying that like using non-lethal is bad. Pepper paint gun + pepper spray is the best loadout anyway. Pepper forever.

I have it but what does it include? Just new missions?

Includes punching

and also better ways to order your minions teammates, new equipment and new weapons including the most tactical weapon of all: a grenade launcher.

Great tactical shooter but with some lost potential. I won't say why, but you will know what I mean when you finished the game.

For those who already know what I'm talking about, here's something interesting I heard. Irrational was working on a horror-themed spin-off of SWAT centered around more situations like the cult and serial killer missions. That would be awesome but I think it got canned because Sierra became defunct. I hope someday there will be a dark, psychological horror tactical shooter with some kind of sanity\behavior system and locational damage. That would be one of those games I would definitely play if it existed.

There was that game being developed by some faggots that was going to be SWAT but with more focus on the fucked up situations your team gets involved in, one of the devs posted here too. Can't remember the name though.

Ready or Not? That looked like a cool game ripe for development hell. I love the Coil reference though.

Lets not forget about the very important lightsticks

I'm amazed SWAT4 is one of only… two games with product placement guns. Only other gun I can think of is Homefront 2 where some company's custom AR is an OP SMG.

SWEAT DREAMS PIG

beanbag shotgun was here, pepper gun is for faggots

BULLY ALL HOSTAGES

get Elite Force, real good.

I prefer Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

nah

fuck yeah

Yeah, elite force mod makes the AI much better, adds in some excellent weapons, and gives you more freedom to select how much and what kinds of ammunition or weapons you want to take, complete with a weight and bulk system.
I'd recommend playing a bit of regular swat 4 first, then trying EF out just to see how much subtly better it can be.

You can always play it as a deathsquad.
Still, it would be most excellent to have a new R6 game that's actually got the feel of the original book and games, maybe ready or not can fit some of the bill.

Its one of "those" games for me. Play it in short bursts.

Shooting people in the head with FMJ rounds.

A great game with a huge amount of technicals flaws. A polished version of this game would be great.

Great game.
Missions shined definitely the most for me in those scary/serious ones.
Was obsessed at some point to 100 every mission, which was fucking hard to do, considering that no one should be dead/injured, all enemies should be handcuffed i think, or at least dealt with correctly.

I was able to 100 every mission including the bar one. Everything after was 'almost'

I was always curious what a Russian SWAT mod would be like? Could SWAT 4 support flamethrowers?

I used the beanbag shotgun while on trying the game out on an Internet cafe…is it any good?

Hey, one Pepper Spray…the rest is all Stinger grenades. Never let the AI use Flashbangs.

YOU'RE IN MY WAY, SIR!

A JRPG.

The SWAT 4 experience

1. Gear up with a mix of tactical items like impossible to aim carbines or 10kgs worth of breaching charges
2. Choose any entry point (which you'll change after several failed attempts)
3. Move in and mirror doors until you find a hot room
4. Stack up doors, prep flashbangs/stingers, get ready with that GO command
5. >You're in my spot, sir
6. Breach and neutralize, miss most of your shots because you weren't standing completely still for 2 minutes, while the team screams surrender commands in an endless loop
7. >Use: Report Officer Down
8. Pepper spray and cuff the people you came to rescue
9. Repeat the above steps as you wander around the map like a headless chicken looking for that last suspect in a closet
10. Restart the operation after losing all progress to that fucker who popped you in the head with a snapshot

Despite all this it's still one of the most intense tactical shooters ever made, and will tempt you into trying to smoothly clear tough missions regardless of failure count

The beanbag shotgun is pretty good, but the pepper gun is just better. Fires at the same rate you can press LMB, decent accuracy and 200 rounds in the magazine with no need to reload

I like to zip cuff perps and then execute them with the pistol to send the ragdoll flying. RWDS simulator.

Melee attack with a tazer. Nothing calms annoying hostages more than police brutality.

my strategy was to deploy and remove wedges to keep the entire building on lockdown. nobody would be able to come from behind, id regularly close off exits and once i get a bigger area safe, id remove those wedges and continue. makes them way easier to manage. also, if an enemy runs for a door and theres a wedge, your men will shoot him in the back if hes aggro'd, but hes much more likely to surrender.

Wedge, more ammo, optiwand for me and 3 gas grenades for the bots. That's a good set up.

yep. i beat the game running every mission with a benelli nova with slugs. bc i own one in real life.

I like to use the gas grenade launcher but two problems with that:
1. I usually almost always forget to equip the gas mask the first time playing the map.
2. I try to bounce the grenade off the door but usually I hit the wall connected to the door or it bounces back at me and I end up gassing myself.

A cuckchan (1) and done templateshit OP with an actual good game for once.

Ready or Not when?

OY VEY

Co-op when?

I just met someone last night who sent me a mumble server we can use. Pretty desperate for mic'd up coop partners for this game, honestly.

address: mumble-us2.cleanvoice.com
port: 64853

I dunno when me or the dude who invited me will be around but if you're playing then it's probably worth joining the server in case anyone else gets on.

At least tell us your timezone

Also I have a retarded sounding accent, am I still welcome

The game has voice chat though.

It's dank

Ain't my server but the guy liked that I was Irish and upset I didn't have a stronger Irish accent so I guess?

GMT 00. It's 2300 at the time of this post.

Are SWAT 1 thru 3 any good? No one ever talks about those games.

1-2 are entirely different. 3 only suffers from a slightly awkward interface and doesn't have as much streamlining as 4 but it's also better in some ways because of that, a slight bit more autistic in the realism department, I think.

I've actually been wanting to play it. The more autistic the better when it comes to these kinds of things. Any idea if the multiplayer is alive?

Don't play SWAT 3, it aged like milk

Retarded AI teammates, it's a much better game in coop.

SWAY 3 improves massively if you use the console command to actually see you gun, I think it's just a placebo thing. I'd argue that - vanilla - it's a better game since your AI squadmates are mildly competent but 4 is the better game with friends.

I mean if fags want to play there's always the chance to host it for gamenights (either /radcorp/ official or unofficial)

Mission editor where you can fill food wall with like 60 hyper-agressive terrorists with LMG's

I feel like R6: Lockdown captured the feel of the books. Maybe it was just cause they had the characters from the books, but it was pretty good I think.