Rebirth Repainted

Last thread:
archive.is/tj8JS

I'm repainting TBoI Rebirth. I will use this thread to catalog my progress and receive feedback.

I've currently done default Isaac, some of the enemies, and the library room so far. Will post.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kQRA2SBS!-P8c9xqOTPug_Icy29tFd5Oe8kP5o7AOJpvB7GzYFwM
dl.dafont.com/dl/?f=upheaval
sonicisreal.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMcm-AT1cI3wfZYgESbL-0Hxbml3fwh4j
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMcm-AT1cI3xSs8GCl2vjlY9NBItLVzeN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've also done some of the UI as well.

No. I'm doing this for fun. :^)

i would like to know how you repaint a game? i would like to repaint tony hawk pro skater 4 for shits and giggles.

I don't know how to repaint 3d games, but I do know how to repaint Isaac however.

Download Rick's Unpacker (a program meant to extract TBoI files). Then select the type of file in this file path: where ever you keep your TBoI files/Rebirth/resources/packed.

You select the .a file, drag it on the Rick's Unpacker .exe, unpack it, fuck around with the files, then place the folder (E.G. a folder named gfx that contains all of the graphics and sprites and shit), into resources. Pics related is what your files should look like.

Are you gonna share sprite sheets to edit or be an attentionwhoring fag?

Here, you lil shit. Here's all the rooms I haven't done.
1/2

2/2

Here you go

Was that it? That shit's barely noticable.
I'll post a webm of my gameplay in a bit to show you what I had in mind for this repaint.

Oh and here, have some examples to follow I guess.

Well maybe if you didn't pick the shit not fun textures, I would have given a shit.

Nigger, you are lazy as fuck and not very creative.
Just go fucking crazy adding in memes to replace textures you faggot. You have so much material to work with. And for the love of god, use Paint.net.

JOKES ON YOU
I WAS USING PAINT.NET
I CRANKED ALL THE SETTINGS DOWN TO MAKE IT LOOK SHIT

Oh cool! You know what's his face, Angelo or formerly known as TR Mario right? Tell him I said "Hey", been a big fan of the guy since I was 11.

Are you still 11?

I want a isaac who's just his hitboxes

Here's a webm to demonstrate the effects of repainting this game.

He's the one who made this thing popular you dumb nigger cock loving faggot.

how am I doing?

I knew that you dumb shit. I was saying you looked like a starstruck 11 year old faggot.

I like it. Not my main vision of what the repaint would look like, but still it's high quality.

Alright you goys, it's midnight where I live and I don't want to fuck my sleep schedule any more than it already is. G'night.

Sure you knew that.

Welcome to meme hell

I kinda went crazy with ideas when I heard Holla Forums themed Isaac, with the religious devotion drawing parallels to wifuism.
and I'm high af

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH FUCK YEAH
more details

ok that's all for tonight

will you also replace the music?

>>>/agdg/

this looks like shit, at least keep it down to a single meme per texture.

Your high quality edits is actaully better idea than shitty op's meme picture spam.

That's pretty much an entire third of making a repaint. The other two thirds being sound effects and graphics.

Yeah, maybe each level should have a certain theme. An identity like it had before I fucked with the textures.

Nigger that's the point of doing a repaint. Every other repaint is pretty much exactly like this.

Right when I thought the game couldn't get any creepier

Here's another.

Ha, holy fuck I remember this shit. I'm still sad that they unlisted the video though, because "muh it doesn't represent who X is now!"

Anyone got any music replacement ideas?

The soundtrack from the first game.

You can make your own mod to do that extremely easy you know. I'm asking for meme music ideas, since we're repainting a game.

mix every song from rebirth antibirth with a death grips or viper song

The left rights
Passengers of shit
Enya

They took down Wind Waker Repainted? That's fucking horse shit, that was the best one.

They also took down twin snakes repainted.

I take it back, THAT was the best one. Man fuck those guys.

mega.nz/#!kQRA2SBS!-P8c9xqOTPug_Icy29tFd5Oe8kP5o7AOJpvB7GzYFwM

If anyone wants to try out my current progress in repainting, then here's a MEGA link. Put the gfx folder into your Isaac folder's resources folder. Then you should be good to go.

Very important, you need either WinRAR or 7Zip to open it up.

bump

how much meme?

My god, I thought this thread would never be revived.

Fucking amazing. When it comes to music, I think it should be meme-y but still somewhat enjoyable. This hits that mark pretty good.

The one thing that really turned me off to BoI is the overblown edginess, good luck replacing it, even if it is with stupid maymay shit

I think that was kind of the point. Also, I think it's very hard to do something involving hell and demons without being edgy as fuck.
Hell as a concept is edgy as it gets.

Hell is not an inherently edgy concept and could be treated with a little class by downplaying the bat-winged heavy metal bullshit. I know BoI's aesthetic was intentionally edgy, but to paraphrase: "ironic (or self aware) edge is still edge"

I mean, you could show the devil as a business man trying to run his business (E.G. regulating and dealing with sinner souls) but Hell itself? That's fucking edgy even without demons.

Someone was a fucking asshole in life and committed sins? He gets to suffer in his own personal Hell for however long God/whatever sees fit. That suffering could be anything. From being forced to walk around a mountainous snowy frigid-as-your-mom's-cootch region, but doing so while completely naked. Or maybe a person could be in impossible Saw traps for eternity. It's pretty fucking edgy.

I think the concept of hell as you've described it is certainly edgy, but I think there are other ways to conceive of it that aren't based in popular Christian beliefs or that pull those beliefs off in a more understated manner

Care to explain? The purpose of Hell is to punish those who rejected God/Jesus/whateverthefuck and sinned in life for however long. That's pretty edgy.

The concept of hell doesn't have to be changed to not be edgy, it just depends on what you focus on/how it's presented. I'm sure an game based on Dante's inferno could be made to not be edgy for example. There's plenty of interesting shit you could focus on hell instead of the shallow "muh suffering" shit in BoI. Like how the first circle in hell has people being blown around by strong winds because they have followed their impulses into sin and are now blown around by winds that represent impulsiveness. Or how people who commit suicide are reborn in hell as bushes instead of people because they did not value life. Or how people in hell flock to the circles they belong to, not because they are forced to, but because they can't help themselves. It can be presented as a window to the human condition, rather than "woah look at all these tortured people".

I guess it'd help for it be an rpg like Planescape Torment though, because I can see why more action-oriented games would lend themselves to edginess, but even then I wouldn't call Diablo II "edgy".

Okay, I see what you're saying. By that logic though, depending on what you think is happening in TBoI, it could be a bit less edgy.
I have a headcanon that after Isaac died in his chest, he was sent to hell for committing suicide. Then after that, he goes through his personal hell, being reminded of everything bad in his life, from being beaten with the Wooden Spoon, Belt, being forced to eat rotten milk and dog food for sustenance, his dead cat he loved so dearly, most passive upgrades from item rooms/the boss room after victory involving self harm, etc.

As for the new Afterbirth endings, the Greed endings take place in said hell talked about above, but he finds a secret room he never gets out of.

When he wins, he either goes straight back to the beginning to further his torment, or he wakes up in purgatory.

I made this
Also heres the font the game uses if anyone has any use for it: dl.dafont.com/dl/?f=upheaval
Codemonkey isn't letting me post zips for some reason so you are going to have to make do with the link

That pepe is pretty fuckin good, m8.
Also, you could always post a MEGA link. I know people might think MEGA is shit, but it's a better way to repainting on 8ch than just posting each individual pic.

A smol update, the violin scratching you hear when you die has been replaced by
GAME OVER YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

the has to be at least one track of the legendarily shitty SA2 cover album
sonicisreal.bandcamp.com/releases

Go back to where you came from, you don't belong here, I don't care how long you've been here

Edund is shit at designing anything decent for this game, and nicalis are terrible at implementing his shit designs and not fucking up values.

Rebirth is actually a good game tho. I mean, it's fun, the graphics look neat and pleasing to the eye, and most of the music tracks are at the very least passable.
But fuck Afterbirth though. Feature creep and unnecessary bullshit like the portal enemies and Blundertale memoryhe- I MEAN Delirium, etc.

Have the Sheol music be one of the Doom 1 or 2 soundtracks.

Holy shit that fits so fucking perfectly.

The portal enemies and original boss do not steal were added in afterbirth+ though, afterbirth has its own share of fuckups

Yep. I'm fucking sold on the Holla Forums consensus that Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ are complete dog shit. I've been playing a bit of Antibirth for the first time today and holy fuck I'm in love with it and I haven't even unlocked Mom's Heart yet.

Some shit for you goys to edit.

Creativity is hard

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMcm-AT1cI3wfZYgESbL-0Hxbml3fwh4j

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMcm-AT1cI3xSs8GCl2vjlY9NBItLVzeN

You are a fucking legend. Thank you.

Oh, I see. Since that pussy joined Vinesauce he probably got cold feet now that he was a "mainstream" streamer and panicked about all the Nazi jokes or whatever. What a cuck.

I don't understand why people don't just roll with it. I don't get why people have to get so fucking scared of a few non PC jokes. Ohhh that's right! He doesn't want the lefties to get their feewings huwt.

Fucking hell.

Fun through attention is a thing