Study finds that playing Call of Duty makes you retarded

and that playing 3D Mario is good for your brain.

nouvelles.umontreal.ca/en/article/2017/08/07/playing-action-video-games-can-actually-harm-your-brain/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ci6q8
youtube.com/watch?v=QSByCxGXXeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Studies are for retards

So is CoD apparently.

FTFY

I'm not clicking that link, but I heard that in the news, and it was generally "violent video games makes you retarded" as the headline, not just CoD.

So, I'm pretty retarded and I have played violent video games a few times in the past. Where do I apply for compensation?

Wasn't it that CoD increased your reflexes?

Give your money to poor refugees

The issue seems to be with FPS games in general, but the media needs a better headline than that.

I wish that the paper was not behind a pay wall. That study was funded by public money, it 's fucking bullshit that you have to pay to read the paper.

Your reflexes are retarded.

No, your retarded.

I know you are but what am I?

No your're are retarded.

A retard.

If you want a workout for your brain, play Dungeon Crawlers, CRPGs and wargames.

If you're playing 64 romhacks maybe. Shit's hard and remains to have the best moves.

(((Study)))

I know you are but what am I?

meme

sci-hub.io famalam, just paste the link to the study into the bar.

But if you am I and I are you, then what are you?

Which game is this?
Grimoire has gotten me into blobbers and I want to build up a library of good ones for when I finally get 600 hours in.

But that IS Grimoire, look at the title of the window from that pic.

Wizardry 8

Not only that, but if you play Mario Run on mobile while buying tue exclusive amiibo, you must be einstein! This research sounds like a shill. Besides, I think games like tetris would beat mario.

Double post, but this doesn't make sense. All the games they played are 3D.

Fake news.

So if I play Assault Suit Leynos, does that mean I'm half-retarded, half-smart, and fully autistic?

You are not the one who this phony article is aimed at.

Nature publishing group is not fucking fake news.

Thanks bro, the paper is actually pretty interesting. It's your usual social science bs.

The study isn't necesarily, but
is more retarded than the retards they're talking about

I dont like COD but I doubt the validity of this study. It was done in Montreal the most liberal and annoyingly anti gaming country in the world

Good thing I play smart games for smart gamers like me.

I bet that didn't have any effect on the study, totally no effect. Why even do such a study 50-50 when woman have worse spatial visualization ability?

It's also fucking retarded they act like First-person games are a different dimension than Third-person.
This study is actually about the difference between playing the same map over and over again and playing a game where you advance as you complete objectives and move onto other areas, though they haven't realized this themselves. If you play de_dust2 for the trillionth time of course you'll move on auto-pilot, though I don't know about it's effect on gray matter.
pl_badwater is my favourite map and I can visualize it in my head and map it completely down to most details, I can orient it and basically take a walk in it and I'm sure a lot of people here can do such things on a map they're familiar with, I don't know about this study but I think FPS games improved my visual spatial ability in general though the study seems to go against this.

As spatial strategies were shown to be associated with increases
in hippocampal grey matter during video game playing, it remains
possible that response learners could be encouraged to use spatial
strategies to counteract against negative effects on the hippo-
campal system. One way to achieve this might be to change an
action game’s design. For one example, most modern action video
games are rich with environmental landmarks that could be used
for hippocampus-dependent navigation; however, they also often
include an overlaid head-up display which displays an in-game
GPS to direct players to their next location or event (for example,
the locations of items or enemies). 40 Because of this, players can
easily choose to navigate with a response route-following strategy
without relying on the relationships between landmarks, funda-
mental to the spatial strategy. It therefore remains possible that
action video games designed without such in-game GPS or
wayfinding routes overlaid on the game’s display for the player to
follow could better encourage spatial learning during action video
game playing.

Casualisation of games makes people dumb.

Video games make you have fun.

Does it have something to do with spatial awareness and map design?

archive.is/ci6q8
The whole study as of right now is kind of shitty. They should have stuck to one "action" game and one "3d" game for comparison. Their whole argument should have been based on games that promote memorizing and not, rather than just using a few to represent an entire genre.

I can pull studies like "People who buy a certain brand of razor are better at FPS" out of my ass too. What a bunch of crap

They're trying to get their mudslime offspring to stop playing videogames and start raping women instead.

(((Studies))) also say that if you put ketchup over your fries, you're disorganized.

SONYGGER MICROSHILL BTFO LMAO!!!
NINTENDO DOES WHAT SEGA WON'T!!!!!!

so games like dark souls and bloodborne help your brain with spatial learning?

Not anymore.

That's good. Fun is a horrible thing.

That's the gist of it.

Ya, it forces you to use landmarks to orient yourself instead of bee lining to your objective using a pointer.

A single study doesn't really prove anything, it is only after repetitions of the study that have similar results from different scientists can a claim be found to be accurate.

except dark souls is not an in-dept environment so the workout you get is nothing in regards to an open environment like morrowind without a map.

recruited. For Study 2, 43 (14 males) people participated without having
been a part of Study 1 and who all met the non-video game playing
criteria of Study 1. In Study 3, 21 (8 males) people participated without
having participated in Studies 1 or 2 (see Supplementary Tables 1a and b
for demographic descriptions)

wow it's a fucking shitty experiment

Shocking revelation!

Do you have any evidence of this comrade?

I'll top your cringe OP

Related, i'm hoping this is wrong.

Implying the ((luciferians)) who control the world aren't using media to send spirits into our homes. It's also happens with other media, like music, they use magic to put spirits into CDs. For more information on this watch youtube.com/watch?v=QSByCxGXXeM

im sorry, user, but we are only star dust.

wrong image

You're a fucking retard mate, go back to /x/ pretend to be a cute dark haired girl with rainbow thigh highs and I'll fuck your asshole for you

Must feel good man.

Talk about insecurity

Yes, goyboy, play nice inoffensive pretty video games about frolicking around. Not ones laden with toxic masculinity about killing your "enemies", questioning your government, aspiring to be a kickass asskicker, developing a tough skin via online banter and starting an arms collection larger than your mother's shoe horde.
They're both pop bubblegum trash for retard faggots but at least one is less likely to make your boy tuck his willy and paint his hair.

im having fun

It must have taken more than 4 days. If not, they would have to play for 22.5 hours each day.

Well you'd better stop, then.

surprising no one.
don't play videogames that handhold Holla Forums, they'll give you a case of the stupids.

i'd be interested to see a similar study done with doom 2. it has a display map you can use, but you still have to navigate a bunch of different environments.

Are they trying to say that playing Daggerfall makes you a genius?

i know a couple times in that i ended up back at the area entrance

I'd also like to put forth that playing The Last of Us makes you a cuck. All the white male characters are evil except for one guy (who has a shady past where he was basically evil) and all the women and blacks are innocent heroes. I've been watching the youtube movie version of it for a video game writing course I'm taking and it's honestly so bad it has me laughing. Every time a character is introduced I can tell their nature just by their skin tone and sex, it's like clock work.

Also from what little gameplay they've shown it looks absolutely fucking horrible.

That sounds even more retarded than game design, and that's saying something.

A what? You're taking a fucking video game writing course? Please tell me at least you didn't pay for that shit

It's not like I need to be told how to write, but there is some merit in learning what the industry does to make their process so efficient.

see

I can write games all day, and do, but it's good to learn from industry professionals. It's not like I'm taking the course at some cuck college.

No, you cancerous faggot. Get off my board.

Just like game design, a game writing course sounds like some backwards, halfassed way of actually learning the subject matter without providing you with the general knowhow and/or fundamentals to build from. But hey, if you claim you can actually write already, then it's not so bad I guess.

Unfortunately, this study uses statistics. Statistics is the lowest form of mathematics, because it prevents objective truth-seeking. In a nutshell, all "studies" of this nature are bullshit, especially if they involve "psychology", a pseudoscience.

t. mathematics student

Playing video games is retarded

Yeah, I've been writing since I was young, I just want to learn the proper technique to make complex branching path scripts that can be read by industry members. Mind you I also code so I'll probably just make my own games but like I said I really want to learn their workflow to get as efficient as possible. I don't even know if someone can really be taught to write, I think you just have to have a passion for stories, but being taught form is important. Think of it like those formatting courses they make people take at colleges to get them pumping out papers as efficiently as possible.

Oh and also none of what I said above applies to a typical college game writing course. If it's not being given by an industry professional who has actually worked on games then it's worthless, more so if it's given by some college lit professor.

Well, your IQ doesn't fluctuate much in the course of your life, alcohol to name only this one can kill neurons faster, as they are naturally dying as you age.
However repetitive and mindless activities can make you obstinate, stubborn to a point you start calling a faggot a faggot and a nigger a nigger. And this my friends, triggers me.
Booo, You desensitized monsters. So play politically correct gaems and support progressive companies. no one paid me i swear. 110% noscop integrity

WHAT

Study finds that Studies are retarded.

You're still a fucking retard, the people in the industry weren't taught how to write for videogames. Fucking "Gaming Writing Course".

It could always be worse, I know someone who is paying money to get a degree in the study of fashion in video games.

All this is fueling is marxist cancer that'll kill the western industry faster.

I actually think that makes perfect sense. Call of Duty feels like a popcorn game where you just turn your brain off. I actually find FPS games very relaxing to play.

What the hell are you talking about, this game has a map. It's a shitty map, but it exists nonetheless.

Tell me more about this. Do you mean because there are probabilities involved, no 100% certainty? Aren't there other fields of math involving probabilities?

Take your meds.

so what are you doing posting that jewish game that literally hand-holds you through a misunderstanding of the multiverse theory and time travel.

Wrong board, kike.

Why are you responding seriously to a joke?

Just where do you think we are?

>(((STEM)))

Here's a retard that responded to him. :'^)

am I?

This almost seems obvious. Things that require little thought don't require you to think much. What a find!

I saw an article from them recently that clearly stated "skin cancer is a white exclusive problem." You go to any skin cancer demographic resource, and the risk is lower for other subhumans, but still present. It's really just a novelty journal for egoistic academics to get themselves off when their bullshit work gets published in there. It's likely infested with many kike editors and puppets. So, sorry, but it is fake (((news)))

That's funny, because I don't see any mention of this article on their site or anywhere else online. It sounds like the only fake news here is you.

Bullshit. I'm disorganized as fuck, and I would never dump ketchup over fries.

I wish I was smart enough for STEM. I'm a nursing student. Being male nurse is hell. You get labled as a rapist by women because I study harder than them. And guys call me a fag.

This board gets flooded with more retards by the day, it's unbelievable. The study is fundamentally flawed, but not as retarded as the posters spewing, "fake news".

You mean like every fucking study?

Does nursing not fall under Science? Also, interesting video. I never knew male nurses faced such issues.

They're misinterpreting their own study.
They proved players of action games are generally dumb, which isn't anything new.
But it's still actually really fucking funny.

Student, or graduate? I wouldn't go around touting your status until you have a degree.

How male nurses are treated. Is proof women bitching about STEM being sexist is baseless. P.S nursing is not hard. It's just long work and hours. If a retard like me can be a good nursing student. Anyone can.