TVs

Looking for advice from fellow autists on the best TV for console shit and as a second monitor for a reasonable price. I know OLEDs look fucking amazing and they're finally making them flat but good god they're expensive.

Also TV/monitor general.

CRTs are a retarded meme
Please reply to this post so I know who to filter

Duplicate thread. Ask here
You'll get more specific replies for whatever your preference is.

That's a thread for CRTs. This is for TVs from the 21st century, picture aside. I actually did a search for threads but I see he didn't use the word TV

The CRT thread isn't exclusive to CRT's believe it or not. Post there instead of making a thread about it. You'll get a more immediate answer in the WTDDTOT general as well.

QTDDTOT*

CRT fags are annoying. Keep the thread here, if you don't like it, fuck off because they don't.

Literally read what I just posted. This is a duplicate thread. Anons ask this exact fucking question OP did in the CRT thread and get proper answers all the time. If you can't accept that fact you can fuck off.

In my experience, its just better to go buy a well rated TV from your local super store or electronic store.

He asked for modern TVs. Those are not CRTs and it is not a duplicate thread.

By your logic all game discussion should be kept to a general per franchise and all hardware and peripherals in their own thread regardless of device. Wew.

You DO know we had three pokemon threads up at the same time at one point during the last two weeks, and they were all on different, specific topics?

Why would I do that?

So what makes CRT sets so bad, or rather is it just that the fans of such won't shut the hell up about them?

That stops OP from asking the exact same question how?
Give me 1 reason why they shouldn't? It's a duplicate thread. Get over it.
And those were? Context matters here. In this threads case there's no reason for it to exist because the question can be answered by people who know what they're talking about in the other thread. Usually the OP in those threads puts CRT/LCD instead of just CRT. Doesn't mean that people who prefer LCD's won't browse it.

It's a rivalry between purists. It's been going on since the threads were a thing and this thread isn't any the more safe from it.

They've managed to derail a thread that wasnt about them, for one

How I've been looking, but there's always shills and details I've missed. I'd like to avoid expensive fuckups.

Big, heavy, very difficult to find, prone to interference, often a lack of modern connections or even standard ones (I have a Loewe that uses SCART for christ sake) and yes the fanbase is fucking insufferable. Yes the response times are unbeatable, but we've long since reached a point they're imperceptible if you get the right TV. Contrast is an ongoing battle that OLED solves but at a price.

They have some elements that make them have a better picture and image. Its akin to vinyls for music, they have better audio than other formats but are limited by the lack of demand for the format.

Both take up a lot of space, both heavier than their modern counterparts, and both aren't being produced on large scales anymore. To most people, they don't notice or really care about the minor loss of quality for using the new format.

Its far easier to have all your music on a hard drive than it is to have a room filled with boxes with vinyls disks. Just the same for display, its a lot easier to have large narrow screens, rather than large bulky monitors that get insanely heavy if you try and match modern screens in size.

Unless you thought. "I really want a CRT," you shouldn't get a CRT screen. When looking for a TV, look for ones that support the resolution you want. Check online reviews to make sure it isn't completely garbage and then go pick it up.

you won't really get massive deviation in results from lcd to lcd. It's up to you to decide what's most important, generally the response time will be 10ms or lower.

I can't recommend OLED unless you're absurdly rich, and knowing this board, you aren't. The only field I'm remotely comfortable with directing people towards those several-thousand or ten-thousand dollar products is professional ones, consumer displays are so inconsistent and frankly, poorly made. Generally, look for Samsung or LG if you want a tier-2 product.

impressively, the first post about them wasn't even someone advocating for them, but preemptively defending against them. Comes off as very insecure.

What does vinyl have that a FLAC file played over a good DAC doesn't?

I was making a comparison. I don't fucking know or care.

will always sound better than
But aside from DJing there really isn't a difference, I usually try to collect both if it's an album that I enjoy. The large covers are nice too.

I think a lot of the bias comes from early CDs where they'd just put the vinyl mastering on them and it'd sound like complete shit because half the sound was missing. That's why you got a million "remastered" editions of old music because if you don't it sounds like a tin can.

This. Certain older CDs even have a disclaimer about the audio being taken from a source of lower quality than the CD is capable of.

The more I research TVs, the more I hate their model numbers. I swear these fuckers don't use standardized numbering and change everything for different countries.

Got one of these last month, replacing an old 1360x768 TV I was using as a monitor.

Shits great but the rest of my computer now struggles on modern games from the jump in resolution so I guess I'll be building a new one soonish.