You can remove ONE videogame IP from the phase of existence

You can remove ONE videogame IP from the phase of existence

Which one would it be?

Probably Nier.

Skyrim.

Donkey Kong

What the fuck is your problem.

that depends, OP
would that mean the IP never existed or was shut down today, its impact upon the world still being a thing?

Halo or Dynasty Warriors.

Complaining about it won't make your game any faster

If it retroactively kills all knock-offs and derivatives, Warcraft.
If it just deletes in a vacuum, probably still Warcraft.

Nintendo is my problem

That one too.

I thought you meant Donkey Kong COUNTRY.
Yes. I agree. Nintendo is mediocre, and I assume the people that hate of them most are ex-fanboys who got crossed, much like myself, then I found out they were corporate evil even while I was in love with them.
Let them Burn.

World of Warcraft

Touhou now fuck off

It's face of existence, nigger.
On topic, BlazBlue. It wasn't a sin against Creation by any means, but the things it did to ArcSys definitely are.

Tennis for Two
My hobby is dead and so is this board
I wonder if anyone who came around 2013 or even 2014 is still around.

Phantom dust. It was too good for this world

Final Fantasy

is this retroactive

The Walking Dead.

Give me both answers. I'm curious of your choice.
but in general, as if it never existed.

I've been here since 2014.

I've been here since 2014.

Fuck you

Overwatch and it's players

It's funny his comics used to make me angry but now I agree more with them as the days pass.

Skyrim is part of the TES IP, which was once a series that helped push forward and advance the medium of PC RPGsā€¦ But Skyrim is cancer.

Personally, I'd say Halo. As a series, it was never that impressive, but it overhyped the idea of online play as an integral element that everyone else felt they had to copy. it also popularized regenerating health, limited weapons, "cinematic storytelling", generic as fuck sci-fi, e-sports, and led to the eventual creation of Destiny.

Additionally, Halo can be blamed for the rise of "Machinima", which gave rise to Roosterteeth and their colossal faggotry, and now a bunch of talentless hipster faggots think they are an animation studio, and because our culture has degraded so badly, there's enough tasteless little shits out there to make them successful for it.

FUCK YOU

Warcraft

Wait, actually removing Sonic sounds better

league of legends. Should be the easiest and most obvious answer. Its the video game equivalent of Facebook at this point.

This and

are probably one of the few right answers.

and unleash all that autism upon other fanbases? Sonic is a containment

If it retroactively worked and also extended to all other formats of the IP, Dungeons & Dragons. Then gaming would be destroyed saved.

if it isn't a go back in time and prevent it from ever existing sort of thing, then perhaps mass effect, dragon age, destiny, world of warcraft, telltale games, or league of legends

if it IS a go back in time and prevent it from ever existing sort of thing, then perhaps minecraft, world of warcraftmaybe I'd have ended up playing something else, mass effect, league of legends, or CANDY CRUSH

oh, and maybe plants vs zombies could be added to the second line

Candy Crush was gonna happen either sooner or later, whether with Candy crush or another form of game. It was bound to happen. removing Candy Crush would merely postpone the inevitable. Mobile gaming was a race and Candy Crush merely reached the flag first.

Halo. Though it does seem to be doing everything it can to kill itself, which is nice.

If you removed Overwatch, another casual shooter would've monetized the genre.
well then, you're making the videogame industry a favor by removing all the regulars who play it everyday. They're all casuals.

maybe it would've been made by EA games instead of actiblizz

here's the (you)s you're looking for

Maybe Fire Emblem Awakening, but thanks to Awakening and Fates, we got a Gaiden remake which was pretty good.

Let's switch it up:
Let's be positive and remove a bad game from a good series so the series doesn't die. Which one do you choose?

EA Sports is basically just an IP of sets of sport games. If I can't pick that, then I'd choose Sonic. Let the autism turn somewhere else.

Oh that's easy, Metroid Other M.

If its retroactive removal, and history changes to properly suit its removal, than Warcraft
If it works any other way, fuck it

Wolfenstein
A pathetic commie turd nobody would care if it ceased to exist

But Federation Force was bound to happen either way.
I guess Metroid survived Metroid: Pinball, so it can survive a small portable spin-off.

See, even Kek's dubs agrees with me

Part of the reason the impact of Federation Force was so bad was because it came out almost 6 years after Other M.
Maybe if Other M didn't exist, FF would've come out in its place in 2010. The shockwave wouldn't have been so bad.

Destroying warcraft might mean taking out Starcraft in the process, which could mean destroying esports entirely.

The best part is that WoW never happens and MMOs either die out or stay niche and shit like those shows and movies about being trapped inside a game never exist

so be it

But i enjoyed my time with Vanilla and BC. I love my good times with that game more than my hatred for ASSFAGGOTS. It's pretty much would you erase your memories and good times to remove MOBAs from existing. I wouldn't press the button.

But you're on to something. If you remove Warcraft 3, there's no WoW, and with no WoW money there's no activision blizzard. With no activision blizzard, there's no Casualized WoW ruining MMOs. You'd be killing Log Horizon, although you'd be killing Sword art online.

Didn't mean to phrase it as a bad thing. If the chance ever comes up, Warcraft, Starcraft, or Halo seem to be the best answers.

Final Faggot

Getting rid of at least 70% of the weeb scum population and their cinematicĀ® gaymer sucessors

if you get rid of warcraft, it likely also means blizzard would never go on to produce D2, let alone the xpack
you'd never get to be a necromancer with an army of skeletons and zombies at your whim

The Elder Scrolls.

That can be used to excuse anything.

Not an IP, but I'd like to remove the fanbase of the western Silent Hill games. These people are the real cancer.
Yes, even Shattered Memories.

My point is, the game wouldn't exist, but another would still cause the issue at hand, so your reason to remove the game is because you hate what the game did to the industry and not because you hate the game ITSELF.

So might as well choose something that is truly bad gameplay-wise, so in this way when it affects the industry at least it will affect it with a good example, or at least not that example.

Good choice

Are you Japanese or self loathing?

It's a class based shooter where one of the characters has lightning gun that tracks enemies for you. It's shit gameplay wise as well.

That has nothing to do with it. I'm sure many nips love the western SH games. Stupidity knows no bounds.

sorry, read your post wrong. I read:

Oh look, a korean.

t. user who loves videogames every day of his life

That's fine friendo.

I can't be korean. My dick is 7 inches long.

prove it.

Why would you lie on the internet, user.

t. user who still loves videogames every day of his life

Post something to make me hard.

Not every game uses gambling to keep you addicted, mongboy. Most of the good games are ones you can play for an hour or 2 after you finish your work for the day.

Aren't you pretty much admitting you feel shitty because you wasted your time on RPGs and bullshit with RNG?
Pong isn't exactly the prime example of a skinner box.

Contra.

The current culture is absolutely nothing like it was in 2014. Remember when we weren't raided every two weeks and people actually talked about games in harmony?
Remember when we didn't have to shitpost because people were old enough to know they didn't need to bring normalfag taste onto the board?
I do.
I hate each and every one of you. You have all earned this site dying by refusing to lurk.
Most of all I hate the 2016 elections. Holla Forums literally invited reddit in and Holla Forums went completely autistic as /r/the_donald flooded us.
I remember before kikey ruined Holla Forums as well.

Bullshit.

You seriously believe that Contra is the sole reason for Konami's success? They were HUGE in Japan and had tons of support for the MSX and several pipneering shmups on arcade

No, but that gave them a solid foothold in the west. If they never got popular with that game I am sure they would not have the pull to get the licenses for the IPs that would make them even more popular which would lead to them getting worldwide shekels.

Not really since we've had some bullshit (especially from external forces) on and off for damn near forever. I do miss the Cata threads though.

Good. Black power cards are shit.

Honestly, even now it's not as bad as compared to the middle of the GG meme war. The amount of shilling on all sides had all anons at each others throats while sending e-mails and shill was a part of every second sentence. Got tiring after a while. Probably was a good indicator that Holla Forums & Holla Forums were making waves on the sjws back then tho, considering all the attention.

I swear everyone has fled somewhere. I've been thinking of using some simple integrals as a captcha for my own chan. Because if you're not autistic enough to enjoy a good integral, I don't want to talk to you.

Metal Gear Solid

Whatever piece of shit Zoe Quinn made.

Metal Gear Solid, the original series can stay.

Guild Wars.
I'd rather #1 didn't exist than see it get raped by 2

Op said game

I came in 2014 user, don't give up.

Oldfags don't matter, the only worthwhile ones left, that's all that matters.

I came here back in 2014 when the five guys board was a thing but I was a massive newfag back then and didn't understand much of what was being discussed or many memes and words used so I just lurked.

Is 2013 oldfag now? I've been here well, on imageboards since 2009 and I consider that massive newfag status still. How the mighty fall.

Not with that attitude, it won't.
Most of why this place felt nice during the first exodus was everyone's enthusiasm.

It's hard to chose between Sonic and WoW

Both are mediocre games that autists assert are masterpieces

If I kill off Sonic it means I could potentially save a thousand autists lives, maybe Chris-chan would be a semi-normal person today
But if I kill off WoW it means I spare the world of what is arguably the most Jewish game company in existence, yes, more so than Fraud Howards company.
It's a tough one
Naw just kidding, autists don't deserve saving, I'd kill off WoW

Faggot you have to lurk for 2 years before-
Oh God I'm getting old and it sucks

Hes referring to this imageboard in particular, not in general.

I sure hope so. If the oldfags are newfags, and the newfags are newfags, who are the oldfags?

He was clearly talking about Holla Forums user. Nobody cares how long you've been on halfchan v, that place was irreparable since 2010.

you gargantuan mongoloid
Leave where exactly? back to cuck-chan? most people who fled in 2014 are still around
also your attitudes confirms you're a faggot.

Imageboards since 2009, Holla Forums since 2014. Back then was the only time I've ever experienced a small piece of a golden era

If you can explain to me what an integral is so I can learn to solve them I'd gladly join your "Entry Barrier-chan."

Shantae, just so I pisses off a lot shit taste anons here.

CSGO, helped bring esports and cosmetics as accepted focus

League of Legends, as much time and good memories it gave/took, it is what started the free2play craze and esports in general

Minecraft, made early access acceptable and can be argued to have killed YouTube, not to mention the huge oversateration of survival games

DayZ did the same as Minecraft, brought streaming cancer but so did league

World of Warcraft, killed mmorpgs.

StarCraft, killed RTS

So many to choose from

Great fucking idea.

You can look it up. There are even youtube videos about it. If you need spoonfeeding, you're meant to be excluded from the system.

Good luck with that board user, all of the 5 people will enjoy it.

You're not that fagboy from the Destiny thread with the dom boyfriend are you? Stop posting gay things.

Imageboards since 08, 8ch since 2013. Never ever go back it is super gay.

The thing about a chan is that you need to establish an userbase with OC creators and a good mood pronto or the whole thing just falls the fuck apart. You can't grow an userbase out of nowhere unfortunately.

Learn to read IDs
I'd be pleased. Smaller, smarter groups are better than bigger, stupider groups.

Undertale. That game is a cancerous tumor on RPGs.

So you don't like having dedicated melee and grenade buttons instead of having to select them as an inventory item, user?

Nah, I just wanted some links on how to do them. I've always had an interest in mathematical problems and riddles but I'm terrible at them.
It's honestly a great idea. You'll slow people down from posting in such a way as to facilitate cognitive thought which may discourage retardation.

As shit as it was Lainchan managed to steal a user base by promoting itself as as hobby and craft website first.
Perhaps cater this new imageboard to artists, programmers, niche vidya enthusiasts, musicians, and AGDG sorts? There should definitely feel like a and may disconnect for users lacking any sort of skill.

t. 2015 redditfag

#fakenews.

I'm sure there are many easy to understand Youtube videos that teach the basic gist (don't have a specific link to one I like, sorry). You'll need pen and paper to write things down and will probably take you a couple of hours to get the basics.
After that, you're gonna wanna practice with some exercises using a cheat sheet like pic related.

I highly suggest learning derivatives and differentials first though. It's not necessary to solve a couple of integrals, I guess, but they're essential if you want to actually learn what you're doing.

Nope

Pong

Well, at least stop posting gay shit then.

What are you talking about? There was more shitposting in 2014 than there has ever been since. The catalogue was full of threads like "what are some games that let me bazinga?" or "what are some games that let me check 'em" but they got a pass because everyone was in such a good mood back then that they didn't care.

2014 and I'll stay here no matter how many false-flagging faggots try to get everyone to go "oh man Holla Forums is Holla Forums now, i'm going back to 4chan :((((("

Metal Gear Solid.

I can make the compromise, all still be a huge fucking faggot, but no gay pics.

It's been like 2 years since 8ch was any good

People were actually arguing against net neutrality in the last thread about it. This place is fucked

The game of life

Because currently we are being fed (((Net Neutrality))) instead of actual net neutrality, or do you actually believe (((Soros))) would fund something actually good for people?

Better than nothing I s'pose.

Ya, fuck off

This thread: the movie; the video game.

TF2. team fortress, whatever you call this brand. overwatch looks to be the same shit

why should I care about NN?

Do you like being able to get on Holla Forums?

I liked the book more.

Dota.

I fucking hate MOBAs/ASSFAGGOTS and basically anything relating to them or ESports.

Depends, oldfags pass down stories from yore to the newer member, but you also have oldfags that are CUCKED THE FUCK OUT, like Ken AshCorp and Egoraptor.

Nice by the way,

This is pretty much what proves that Mike Matei is a lying piece of shit, his cock is """""10""""""" inches and it doesn't look NEARLY this girthy/lengthy. Nice dick btw. Very nice, uncut it best.

Only because I could pick only one.
It is one of the cancers keeping EA alive. Unfortunately they also have other sports titles.

I doubt that it will stop the industry from existing.

Fuck those were fun, those and the elona threads were good. We had them for a while too, I make an elona thread here and there, the last one lasted a while too.
Next time Ill invite cataclysm, I should request a pudtit, snail, survivor and a zombie drink tea together in the drawthread.

BWC

BIG

WHITE

COCK

WHO'S READY TO GET BLEACHED!?

The fact you think this way, means you are weak minded, and easy to break, you might want to reconsider life choices, or you might end up with a much worse fate than you think you have now.

I would happily suck his flared mushroom and gulp down his semen

boy do i feel out of place reading that when i came here during the first exodus after being on 4chan since like 06

anyway stop being a little bitch and wishing death on all video games because you don't like AAA titles

(checked)
I meant more along the lines of "have the same shit post bait argument every thread". People used to be able to ignore bait as well.

call of duty and half life 2 did more damage to the industry than halo:CE could have ever achieved

At least Half life 2 gave us Source engine.

Fuck no. Makes them both feel like shit, meleeing and throwing grenades is satisfying when they're dedicated to their own slots.

Considering how shit Holla Forums is right now. I expected someone to say hating EA is Reddit tier to my post.

If everyone in this thread died then Holla Forums would improve greatly. including me

Nice spoiler tag mate.
LURK MORE FAGGOT!

Tohu.

Or plane, whatever.

not an argument. you clearly know nothing about information theory. i can see this board is full of reddit tier idiots just like every other place. all i hear every is bawww muh NN, but nobody ever gives a fucking sane argument why we should care about it.

B-but what about Hard Corps?

Cawadoody.

I started posting in 2014. I lurked longer back on cuckchan. I still do on the boards that never took off here like /ck/

user, I've been playing niche and old shit all my life.
I'm playing Black and White 2 right now.
I just want the sheer variety we had from a decade and back ago.

Still some gems out there, but nothing like what we used to have.

I'd go for eliminating (((intellectual property))) it's self

I just want a good big new release so enough people have played it so I can actually talk to you fuckers about it.

I would settle for 4x thread here not attracting 4channers or leftypol facebook recruits like flies to shit I should just move on to gsg

nice dick

Go to the space thread my nigga

but where would I get my splatoonies ;;;(((

I'm still trucking along but I don't really have any proof that I've been here. I've been having some memory problems so I don't know when certain events I remember happen, I just know they did
Whole site is different really. It used to take ages for a thread to move so I wouldn't call the board dead, not yet. There also used to be a lot less shit posting to be fair. Other boards might've got killed though after April fools and I remember a lot of traffic being lost after Josh's huge fuckup. Some people are still falling for shit because they don't understand differences between boards. Like, I think it was in GG thread or a Holla Forums thread a few months ago or something people were pushing against /a/ mods for banning shit. But /a/ didn't leave for the same exact reasons that Holla Forums did so they thought about it differently. I remember an issue being that half /a/ banned monster girl threads and made them /jp/ only for example. Was a problem with mods choosing what's okay rather than them being strict. But everyone left because in general mods were being fags and moot was trying to stem discussion about something that wasn't even that big a deal at the time. Nobody knew how big that hole was
It was kinda like an avalanche you know? All the snow falling because something pushed it but it was gonna fall anyway.
I'm rambling. I don't know man. I don't have anywhere else to go.

On the service that best fits the needs of the end user.
:^)

Hate this feel. Traditional forums are absolute horseshit, rife with post-counting or other karma systems and every other message board is dead in the water or edgy reddit like 4chan is now

FUCK YOU.

Minecraft just so I wouldn't taste that particular form of disappointment for a little while until some other fat, Swedish autist decided to make a lego game.

I'm still here only by virtue of lack of alternatives like said.
The moment I find one (if that ever happens) I'm leaving this place and never coming back like I did with halfchan.
If it turns out that this site winds up too insufferable to post on and no alternatives are available I'll probably tackle the rest of my backlog full time until I finish it and then drink myself to death.

Madden, so that EA will finally die (or at least severely damage their profits)

Uncharted, so that Amy Hennig could work on a better franchise or possibly even finish Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy

If IP means franchises only = AssCreed
If IP can mean a single game = Undertale

Honorable mentions: Life is Tumblr, and Uncharted

In addition to everything else mentioned, don't forget that MOBAs not existing AND MMOs remaining a niche genre kills off two of the big streaming genres, so Twitch would be, at best, a husk of itself. I swear you took my idea from a similar thread a year or two ago

What the fuck man

Okami

Maybe pokeymen. It's the most boring, autistic, and neverchanging IP ever in history.

Duke 3D invented that.

Terminator Future Shock invented that.

Command and Conquer just so it can't be raped to death by EA. I am sure it would want this as well.

I would love to join in and vent some of my frustration, but there is nothing to say that hasn't been said. All I can do is sit back and watch as things keep on going while the things I love keep on dying.

Pretty sure that Fifa brings in more money for EA.

And they said gaming is sexist.

You're a fucking loser who parrots shit he read off reddit. That said, I'm ambivalent towards NN. I neither support nor go against it, because we don't live in a free market for ISPs. in an *ideal* world, Net Neutrality would be repealed, and the biggest ISPs would be broken up and their regional monopolies curtailed.

1v1 me

DoTA, so that RTS lives on as actual RTS.

You know it would be a much more effective blow to machinima if you were to remove Half Life and thereby the Source engine. Why is it you hate machinima so much, by the way?

DISSOLVE COMCAST
FREE MARKET NOW

Came here in 2014, and going off my screenshot folder I've been lurking and posting on imageboards since 2007, possibly lurking from even earlier since I've changed computers a few times since then and I don't think I quite managed to transfer everything over the first time I had to (I still have that old piece of shit machine; no clue if I could get it working long enough to try to retrieve any other files). Times have certainly changed. Going through that folder is like messing around with a time capsule buried in the backyard. Better, more carefree times that won't come back. And those times now exist mostly in old screenshots, for even the archival sites from back then are dead and forgotten.

Halfchan, and other older western imageboards (many of whom's corpses now litter the internet), were fortunate enough to "grow up" in a time before reddit and tumblr became a thing (I remember when ebaumsworld was considered an enemy). Unfortunately, I doubt that any modern imageboard could grow an organic userbase without growing some amount of tumors of cross-posters from either site.

Indeed. Even with halfchan, early on the userbase was SA exiles from what I remember.

It's a similar issue with the "create a board" function here, albeit on a sitewide scale: You can make a better option, promote it, etc, but as long as a large enough majority still see fit to use the older, worse option, that's where people are liable to stay as long as they don't have a large enough cause to prompt moving (very bad administration, banning of content, etc). It's a cyclical problem that feeds into itself, where you can't find a userbase, because you don't have a big enough userbase already.

There had to be a board that started it all though.

Has anyone tried the liveposting board that shall not be named?

Smash Bros.

TES

Super Mario Bros

this nigga got it
MMOs would be fine, before it they were actually games that had continuous multiplayer features, instead of themepark easy-money quest simulators where you can see other idiots doing the quests too.

lurked since 2013, posted since 2014.

I don't even remember anymore when I started with imageboards, but I got on Holla Forums through the GG exodus. I loved this place but it feels as if everything changes in ways that I don't like and there's nowhere else to go in case that something goes to shit Someone post that lost Gondola webm

I want it to be fixed and come back to the good times. Without goons, newfags and with fun.

Nobody said Call of Duty?
OK, I'll say it, Call of Duty

Final Fantasy

Imageboards are dying though I agree, Social Media overlords are here to stay.

No, a lot of faggots went back to cuckchan, which is worse.

Where did everyone else go anyway? I'm a lonely fuck so I don't use any other sites. Did they go to free chat, endchan, some IRC or Discord or what?

I've been here since 2014, why? /krotchy/ was up on the top 25 when I got here, as with burgers and fries.

Video games, then we can never have congregated in this website and board, and can go on with our lives.

I get that feeling every time. Some times I go into my old folders looking for a particular image and I end up wasting an hour or two just browsing through them.

I'd say touhou, but since i don't want to trigger 90% of Holla Forums i'll go with The Elder Scrolls.

Assassins Creed.
I fucking hate Asscreed.

Those monstergirl threads in /a/ before the exodus had degenerated from an interesting weekly thing into a 24 hour shitpost board-within-a-board masturbation general that had zero relation to it's original subject matter or the board. I can honestly say they were worse than homestuck general at times, and had become /a/'s own version of the mlp cesspit.

This is "nintendo saved vidya" levels of retarded.

A friend of mine used to have pretty decent taste in vidya, until another friend got them into Assassin's Creed. It proceeding to subsume all taste they had, until all they ever wanted to do in their free time was play it over playing or really doing anything else (even hanging out) with their free time, and were all too happy to buy new entries at full price on release. Lesson is, friends shouldn't let friends play AssCreed. Or any of modern Ubisoft's works, really.

Nah you gotta cut the tumor completely so Ubisoft needs to go.

Mario.

Why not pick the obvious Mario ?

you're not getting showered in coconut cream pies

i feel like even if i said call of duty, someone else would just make it

WoW, maybe we'd have some MMO design variation other than "korean grindfest" and "WoW clone." Actually, might as well remove Warcraft and ensure Blizzard never happens, would save the industry a lot of pain.

If I could make it so it doesn't exist and becomes a void, or simply tanks financially, probably Pinball Construction Set or Medal of Honor. Then EA wouldn't exist.

But in all honesty probably Warcraft.

Can we nuke the entire industry at this point? Thanks jews.

Zelda

Probably Half-Life. It's guilty by association.

/agdg/ here, i personally believe that creation is the way, not destruction, yes, numbers will always be on the normalfag side, but as long as we have our communities we'll keep having fun

EA sports as EA couldn't live without it's cash cow