Dwarf Fortress thread my dudes

Other urls found in this thread:

bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.msg6005086#msg6005086
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Quickstart_guide
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Quickstart_guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this game still alive?

I've started building a fortress to use as a DnD map in the game I DM. It works great cause the squares in the game fit to the 5x5 squares in DnD really well.

I stopped playing Dorf when I realized I was just following step by step instruction all the time.
Anyway I do love some Dorf greentext.

Has there recently been any improvements to the actual gameplay instead of clutter for the generic fantasy setting generation?

The generic fantasy world generation is the intended gameplay, fortress mode is an accident.

The fantasy setting generator is boring to fiddle with and intentionally doesn't create anything but flavorless shlock, though. Toady might think such pointless autism is good use of his time. Doesn't mean anyone needs to give a fuck,

shoo shoo

taverns is a greatest thing he add.

When will fos death be fixed

*fps death

Hasn't been updated in over a year, but like user said, you can have temples and taverns that attract fortress guests.

There should be a major gameplay update this or next month, check the dev blog and scroll down

haven't played in a year. Anything I should know? Anything cool been added?

I believe Toady has either one of those old high frequency single/dual core processors or a secret build that has multi-core support.

He doesn't play the game

Are you that new that you weren't there when you could save files with unicode filenames like 1 month ago? Kill yourself my nigger.

WHEN IS THE ARTIFACTS UPDATE COMING, FUCK. I WANT MY LEGENDARY SWORDS ALREADY.

Why won't any of my dwarves mine? I made a temple earlier, and everybody stopped working and went to pray, so I removed it, and now my main miner just meditates all day long. How do I force them to get off their neet asses?

They found God and surpassed their mortality.

I don't think there's anything you can do user.

Is a seat under the Dwarven Atom Smasher a good way to accommodate nobles?

Promote them to military captains and send them to kill giant badgers. Alone.

So is there a way to distribute food to my dwarves, because they're dying of starvation even tho I have barrels of food stored in my stockpile. Also, is there a way to store away water? My dwarves also tend to die of dehydration in the winter too because all the ponds turn into ice and I can't produce enough ale

Did you check for accessibility?

Put your water supplies a few levels deep. It's warm enough tht it won't freeze during the winter.

Plump helmets, my man.

I didn't know you could store water. My dwarves just go to the pond. Also, I've got a big open hall leading into the food storage, so they should get in fine

Yes, dig a hole somewhere deep and designate it as a pond and water source. Make sure to build a well too.

That's odd. I have no idea then, did you try checking the wiki or asking in the forums?

Any outdoor tile in the winter will freeze instantly. Or something like that. Also note that any tile, once exposure to the outdoor light, will forever be tainted by it and marked as outdoors, even if a roof is later built.

"Storing water" is just a matter of digging an underground room and letting the river/pond flow into it. Be cautious of water pressure flooding you out, though.

Only useful for treating wounds. Dorfs need booze, damnit. Plump Helmets are you omnitool and even a modest 3x4 farm will keep a population of 30-40 dwarves fully fed.

Post pics. You've probably done something stupid, like forbidding the objects or passageway or adding them to a burrow.

Either the pile is not accessible, or it's not set as a meal pile
Brew more alcohol

Sorry, I just deleted the world. There was only a few good spots in it and that fort was dying anyway.

It's been a year since last update. Looks like he is trying to catch up to Rimworld with the base leaving stuff.

You're trying way too hard, kid.

The only thing a food stockpile does is prevent rot. Theyll eat from loose barrels anyways

Well I meant there was nothing going on. I've decided to settle in a Savage area this round.

Savage and other similar areas don't necessarily mean more aggressive wildlife, only bigger beasts and such. Elephants and Carp used to be meme-tier nasties, but a lot of wild animals are pretty docile these days. I've never had a problem, except with Macaques stealing shit, and occasionally animalmen.

Anybody know how I can stop lag in Dwarf Fortress? All I have to play it on is a really shitty HP laptop I got as a gift. It was working well until just now when a werepanther attacked and I sent all my dwarves into a burrow while my axedwarves slaughtered it. After I did that my game started lagging a shit ton and now I can barely play anymore. I don't wanna have to do anything ingame like slaughter a bunch of dwarves or stop the river. Really frustrated because it's such a good game and being cut off right when it got good is really annoying.

Maybe remove burrow? It alters the pathfinding iirc

I cant just change the settings or something? I might actually have to save now for a good PC

A few tricks to keep your FPS high

Personally I hate having less than 150-200 FPS

I think I'll just have to start saving for a better computer. Like I said, I don't wanna have to manage lag "ingame." I don't think I can legitimately enjoy the game if I have actually have to consider lag during the game and change the way because of it. It's an amazing game, just a shame my shitty ass laptop can't handle it. I guess I'll have to go back to SS13 until I can actually afford better.

Doesn't that run the risks of not having any of the blue stuff at the embark?

TBH I haven't been playing since killer roller coasters were added.
Toady is wasting time with unimportant shit and ignores optimization.
I hate limiting my forts to 100 dorfs so it doesn't die the usual death.

Fuck, I'm retarded. How do you assign non-furniture items to specific dorfs? Asking because one of my farmers went into a Strange Mood and made an artifact crown which I want my future monarch to wear.

Selectively forbid the item. I think.

Just forbid everything and then unforbid the items you want the crown to be made of.
It's worth it for that flood of messages.

Nice try, filenames saved like that here are shorter.
>>>/cuckchan/

Unless you have a CPU with 2.5gb of cache you WILL have to manage lag ingame.

Ive got a brand new overclocked i7 with DDR4 RAM that has a latency of 12 and I still get down to 50 FPS at around 160 pop

You misunderstand. I'm asking how I can put the crown in the king's panoply, rather than let any other jerkoff claim it for themselves.

2cat XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Would reducing my world size to pocket and put the civilization size to small help?

Accelerated+Modest Mod improves FPS by a lot, but it's not updated to latest release so you'll have to settle for playing on 34.11 or 40.24.

bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.msg6005086#msg6005086

In my experience, large number of civs and long history are significant factors in how bad the lagging problem might get. The latter in particular, I'd advise picking Medium history at most.

might be possible to make a stockpile that only allows that specific crown inside one of your monarch's rooms? or maybe have him in a squad so you can assign that crown as his uniform

I'll try the former. If it doesn't work, I'll do the latter. I'll keep you posted either way.

I did a pocket sized world with a pocket history and small civ. Hopefully that's enough

That's a bit much I think.

Well it doesn't really make much difference if you're playing Fortress mode. I don't know if it'll actually help or not though. My last fortress was maybe 70 dwarves with a river under the ground.

I find pocket worlds are really hard to make interesting, or find a decent site. Enjoy either mountains or forest or coast, no ideal setups.

Number of civs/sites isn't too bad, it really it the world history that makes it hard. I usually run it for 10 or 50 years and do a no-migrant fort. Usually a small world, too.

Also, what's a good, safe, way to get a river running under ground? In my last fortress I made a tight corridor leading into a pit underground, but I didn't realize it would overflow over the corridor exit, so it started flooding my fort prett quickly? How can I make an undeground water sources without flooding?

Fuck

Don't quote me on this, but I think pumps and diagonal flow will reset the pressure

I probably should have just block the corridor exit with a flood gate to be honest, but I can't really figure out how they work

Floodgates are built in whatever workshop, then placed like a constructed furniture item (eg, bed). They can be destroyed and disassembled by certain monsters. However, once placed, you can link them with a lever, which can be pulled to enable/disable them. They're kind of like "mega doors", more than water. They are used for complex water projects to guarantee nothing flows. Think of them like toggleable walls.

They don't affect pressure, though.

When you say "link them to a lever" do you mean I need like some kind of wire or something, or can I just put the lever next to the gate? Also, do I have to get the dwarves to use the lever? I feel like if I do that's going to lead to some flooding do to my dwarves being too fucking lazy to manage the lever

Levers work as follows:

Levers are cool because they magically toggle across the map and you don't need to lead them with anything.
Dwarves CAN pull them if they tantrum, though, which can make megaprojects risky and fun if you're not careful. Some creatures (imps?) can do this too.

If you want automation, liquid-triggered pressure plates can shut shit off for you automatically

Question: is it possible to kill the in-game deities? Like, if you generate a really young world you can literally just walk up (in Adventurer mode, at least) and interact with a god ruling a particular kingdom or whatever, but if you attack it all you manage to do is bruise it.

I've thought about luring one into a fortress and crushing it under a ton of mountain or something but I'm too much of a filthy casul to figure out how to get the dwarves to even eat the food that they're prepared, so I can't test this myself.

Same problem. I'm constantly outputting plump helmet wine into my food storage but my dwarves won't drink it and whenever winter hits and the water freezes they start to dehydrate. Not sure what the problem is. I have four entrances leading into my food storage, a shit ton of barrels, and my farm is set to constantly produce plump helmets through the seasons, but they never seem to actually drink it? Do they need like mugs or something to drink it out of?

And yes, I do have making drinks from plants on repeat.

Had a visit from a FB made of flames who decided to take a dip in the underwater lake, which then went up in steam. Unfortunately it wandered off before I could capture it and use it for a sauna.

The gods you sometimes find ruling kingdoms or roaming the world aren't really gods, they're clowns that are impersonating a god and can be killed like any clown. Real gods, as far as I know, never materialize on the mortal plane and cannot be killed.

You should make (or import) different kinds of alcohol than just plump helmet wine, if that's all there is they'll get bored of it and stop drinking it, they need variation. You could designate your diningroom into a tavern then place drink stockpile and a coffer in it and stock it with cups/goblets/mugs, but it shouldn't be necessary. If you haven't already, it is also a good idea to split your stockpiles so you have one for raw unprocessed food, one for seeds, one for drinks, one for prepared food, etc.

Wonder if you could put it out by leaving it in the water long enough.

NEVER TRUST AN ELF

Where were you drawing water from? Remember it's important to consider water rpessude in order to avoid flooding your fort.

*pressure fuck

That explains why I never ran into this problem myself. I kept running out of seeds for whatever and planting new brewable plants.

I've been idly playing recently, but I'm still rather shit at the game.
I can navigate the menus, make charcoal and melt ore, but I don't feel I understand the pipe of gameplay very well.

The water was running downward from a makeshift waterfall branching off from the river, but I had a floodgate to stop the flow when needed. I'm pretty sure one of my dwarves just went crazy and decided to fuck with the floodgate lever. My new fort has a new system though involving 3 levers so I'm hoping that will stop any more accidents

In my experience it's either that or something jamming the floodgate open. Speaking of mehanical stuff, anyone know how to keep my Master mechanic safely tucked in his workshop while the Novice mechanics go out to maintain the traps on the outer perimeter? I have a mechanic that regularly churns out Masterwork mechanisms and I don't want to lose him to a Goblin ambush.

Just give him a burrow and highlight only the places you want him to go

He'll still go out for food and stuff on his own, but most of the time he'll stay in there

All the fun comes from the spiral of destruction at the end and everything up to that is a massive autistic slog

You can also have fun building unconventional fortresses.

That was a ghetto but less retarded way to take a screenshot.

Alt+PrintScr keeps it constrained to whatever the focused/active window is

Best fucking room layout, prove me wrong
Also if your fortress is not a cylinder you are doing it really wrong

Faggot

oh my anvil

Judging from what toady says we might be about a month from a new release. Optimistically.

How do you make a dining/meeting room for nobles only? And how do you arrange it so foreign dignitaries go to meetings there instead of your leader/mayor/whatever's office?

So?

you are worst elf. you are the elf idiot you are the elf smell. return to forest. to our human cousins you may come our mountainhomes. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,elf we will never forgeve you. elf rascal ** but ** asshole elf stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare. elf genocide best day of my life. take a bath of magma..ahahahahahelf WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .elf we kill the king , elf return to your precious forest….hahahahaha idiot elf and goblin smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE TREEHUGGER FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. dwarf+human=kill elf…you will ww2/ tupac alive in mountainhomes, tupac making album of dwarf . fast rap tupac dwarf. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink elf… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt
tupac alive numbr one #1 in mountainhome … ** the elf ,.. *** ashol elf no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the elf farm aminal with rap magic now we the dwarf rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great Undermensch and lay egg this egg hatch and elf wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. mountainhome greattst countrey

just letting everybody know.

Pretty good timetable if you ask me. Toady's got a good work ethic, he hasn't disappointed yet.

If only he was working on things that were actually important.

That's actually pretty nice. I typically use the "living pod" arrangement myself. Pic related, usually in sets of 4 to make a 4-leaf clover on the lobby. Yours looks a little less efficient but a lot prettier, and the 6 floor square rooms are probably better at keeping most of them happy.

That thing has to be a pain to block out though, unless you have it automated.

I'm only counting 88 rooms in the finished version, unless you are counting something without a bed as a room or the build plan version is slightly different.

That's exactly what I do in my fortresses (they are more cube than cylinder though). Probably a huge FPS drain though.

Like?

Like an above ground fort

Like optimizing, fighting the FPS death away. Performance has taken a serious hit in the last few years.

Stuff like that is usually done at the end of development.

In most cases I'd agree, but DF development is far from average. For all anybody knows, development is going to continue for decades. He'll lose the majority of the playerbase eventually if the game's updates per second keep dropping with every update.

tileset?

A farming system that isn't shit would be nice. Food in general is so easy to attain that it's practically a braindead non-issue.

I doubt it. One decade at the most. I know he's not even at 50 percent yet, although hopefully he will be after the next update I think once he has most of the big systems down (myth which is half done, magic, law, so on) the fleshing out the gameplay bits shouldn't take too long. but i'm probably wrong

Oh i guess myth isn't half done. Could have swore he was working on it.

Actually has toady ever commented on fps death and when he plans on optimizing things?
What did he say?

ANYONE EXCITED FOR THE UPCOMING MAGIC SYSTEM?

I can't imagine all the shitstorm a wizard will be able to cause

Daily Reminder

You do have a point, though by now I'm so used to the default tileset that the square one just looks weird to me. You're right pixel art tilesets are putrid garbage though.

I seem to remember there being a way to fix the text while using a tileset, but it's been a while since I tried playing.

being a 4cuck is one thing but
holy shit kill yourself my man

I still don't know how to make non-lethal waterfalls. I did weaponize and miniaturize my design, though, with ~40 pumps pressurizing a watertank above the depot security room with a 2x2 15-z trapdoor in the center. Sure enough, the water hits the elfs goblins hard enough to stun them, then swirls them around in a circular motion like a toilet before plunging them to their deaths on a grate far below.
It makes me wonder if the water spontaneously swirls like that, or if toady actually programmed that shit in an autistic fit one morning.

I think I usually make a 3x3 column, make the outer 8 squares stairs, and the inner square is chanelled, then grated, then forbidden all traffic, then I add water to it.

If goblins are getting into my central staircase the fortress is already lost. With the exception maybe for snatchers and the like that don't actually attack anything, but I don't think dwarves dodge those.

Who is your favorite dwarf and why is it hammerdwarf?

In fact, why would anybody use a non square tileset? It just makes the dwarves taller.

Are you people trolling me? Its a unix timestamp format, the number of microseconds that have passed since January 1 1970. Its not a "4chan filename", its a file naming convention used across thousands of other different websites. Not to mention the fact that 8ch used to use the same naming convention not long ago either until it was switched to an A-F 0-9 hash format to save on filesize and bandwidth usage.

I like fisherdwarf. He's useless but he just wants to hang out.
He's a good dorf, dindu nuffin, need mo money fo dem programs.

If you engrave everything you never have the problem of having to assign new nobles to fancy rooms because these rooms are already good enough for them, you can also make bedroom, diningroom and office for a dwarf all adjacent to each other

i destroyed a few rooms to make more stairway pillars
I had two layers of this room layout for my 150+ colony, but that blew up due to fps death, i need to upgrade my toaster…

Yes. Forcing water to move one tile diagonally will reset the pressure.

its times like these that i know my fortress is in safe hands.

I once had a farmer beat a cave crocodile unconscious with a stone mug. Another time a carpenter got attacked by a voracious cave crawler and they just dodged each other until the crawler dodged off a platform and landed in water and died. I do not often worry about my dorf's safety unless it's armed and/or huge.

Finally i'll be able to roleplay being Akko from the little witch academia.

Lemme put it this way. If the enterprising fellows at Bay12 managed to do some real crazy shit by going through all the trouble of modding in custom reactions, imagine the fucking mayhem you'll be able to unleash with an official framework for magical effects.

I'm definitely going to copy that design next time I play. It's still efficient enough that I'm willing to sacrifice a little for aesthetics. Quickfort is an absolute must though.

What's your design for the workshop areas? Usually I keep those in a separate column to keep down on noise, but with how much time I spend engraving the rooms it hardly matters.

So I am using a map from this for a /tg/ game. But first I need to remake the map in a non-ascii format, which means I need to cap a Large world into Paint and redraw it.

This is fun, and the music for worldgen is wonderfully comfy.

Does the export xml thing work yet? In legends mode, you can export various heightmaps and images.

It wouldn't be excessively difficult for a programmer fellow to parse the data and make a 3d heightmap to be put into other apps or as a raw image for PS to use

How would it look though?

Probably like a regular geographic map (with the psuedo-3d mountains and shit), except everything would be jaggy because of the fixed minimum sizes, unless the hightmap data includes everything down to game mode scale.

Is there any way to hide already discovered tiles? I had a vein of gems in the walls of my fort and now my autism is going crazy that my room looks irregular.

Try dfhack "revflood" command. That will hide everything, then reveal all tiles with a path to the cursor, effectively hiding anything you've blocked off completely.

This game looks dense, how do i start and where do i learn ?

This link should help: dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Quickstart_guide

This reminds me, I wanted to try playing really really zoomed out so I had to make a super small tileset. I ended up trying to play for an hour with the character id encoded in I think 5x5 binary. It was awful.

user, you could just have, you know, zoomed out

At the zoom level I was trying to play at everything was super indistinct

…why?

Here's a tale from my old fortress:
What the fuck happened? Was he sick? I don't think he was injured since there was no blood trail.

prolly sipped from the dwarven ale a pint too much

He didn't get near the dwarven ale. Vomited from the caverns, all the way up to the upper z levels. Something must have fucked him up in the caves because my entire staircase was dripping with mole puke.

I don't suppose there's a way to weaponize barfing moles against goblins and trolls?

lazy newbie's pack

dwarf fort is just

You could chain a couple dozen of them and make a drowning pool I guess, but I dunno if blood,puke and other fluids behave like water (i.e. fill up holes and such). Or you could modify the raws and attach a syndrome to the puke if you're feeling adventurous.

What version are you playing?

Yeah, it does. But you can use dfhack "prospect" for info on the ores available, or just use "reveal" to check for yourself but that's more cheaty. Either way though, you'll have much more limited resources.

critique my favorite charset

It's okay I guess. A bit too blcky for my tastes, but then again I'm too used to the default one so I'm probably not one to talk.

You have to go back

what

Is there a more efficient way of hauling large amounts of wooden logs that doesn't involve minecarts? I've embarked on a hillside with a forest at the bottom. While putting the entrance at the top has worked wonders for defense, hauling the wood up the hill and into the workshops takes a long-ass time. I'm building a minecart track but likewise it's taking way too long, it's taking up workers that I need elsewhere and gobbos are bound to arrive any moment and fuck shit up. What do I do?

Separate to the wood problem but related to concerns of distance, there's a few smaller hills around the main one that make excellent defense points. The problem is that they're fairly spread out and I don't have a lot of knowledge about the military system. Should I assign each watchtower to the same squad or to different ones?

Use multiple stockpiles and wheelbarrows if possible using take from chains. This defers the walking across multiple dwarves and gets it done more quickly

Wheelbarrows are an Armoksend, true, but aren't they only capable of hauling one or two logs at a time?

Sure but you basically get to ignore their weight. Having 6 guys run back and forth full speed between 3 points is going to be many times faster than having them go between two points

I tried putting all my haulers (7 in total) on wood-hauling duty applying all you told me, i.e. wheelbarrows, stockpile checkpoints etc. It's still taking an assload since there's a couple thousand logs scattered around the foot of the hill and it's a long-ass trip between there and the storage area, but at least my workshops are properly stocked and they're not cancelling jobs en masse due to lack of materials. Still, this pace is not sustainable, I need those workers for other shit. Plus there's still a thousand and half logs sitting around.

you're not just a double nigger
you're a triple nigger

I'd consider a secondary access tunnel. Something you can easily block off completely when any kind of invader shows up, but otherwise gets you more directly from the wood to the stockpile. Last time I checked a dry moat and raised drawbridge combo was still impenetrable.

Yeah, might have to do this in the end. My carpenters and woodcrafter are reaching such a skill level that supply is beginning to fail to keep up with demand.

Gnomoria is just as fun and actually has graphics and native support for that little roundish object in your right hand.

Fort is going alright. Solved the wood supply problem and production is going smooth as silk. Waiting for the elven caravan now. Unrelated to all that, is there a way to make signs and public notices I can later read in adventure mode, or am I restricted to engraved pictograms?

Fuck off shill.

It's not
Not an issue to begin with

Kys

Well, fucking fantastic. I have an ongoing goblin siege at my doors. It normally wouldn't be a problem since my fort is hermetically sealed, except there's a human caravan AND the outpost liaison trapped on the other side of my doors. No idea how they evaded the gobbos' notice but they can't get in and my guys ran out of ammo. My relations with the human kingdom are rocky as it is (long story) and I don't want a dead caravan to provoke an outright war. What the hell do I do?

it's not like it's a MP game.

Isn't support dead?

Good alternatives would be something like KeeperRL or Rimworld.

Savage areas are just land of giants, not neccessarily more aggressive.

Could embark on an evil biome instead, if you're lucky you'll get zombie ogres and clouds of evil dust that turn those who walk into them into homicidal husks.

Especially fun if it's a caravan with armed guards that gets husked.

Alternatively there's plenty of mods that make the world filled with more aggressive, dangerous creatures.

Please give me the best guide to get into this autism.
t. just installed dorf fort on gentoo computer after years of curiosity.

You'll need to visit the wiki first, and often. There's a section in the front page specifically for beginners. Other than following the relevant steps, the rest is trial and error. Don't be afraid of losing a fort or two.

REMEMBER: LOSING IS FUN!

dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Quickstart_guide

How is the learning curve?
Is it enjoyable at the beginning?

It's pretty fun even while you're learning, if just because of marvelling at what some of your mistakes can result in. I.e I tried making a cistern to have water for the underground well, but I forgot to make a floodgate. Lower levels of my fort got flooded and dwarves that went to drink at the cistern just drowned - by the end I had the corpses of several children and adult dwarves stuck at the bottom of it.

That said don't believe the memes - the difficulty curve isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

But halo, starcraft and world of warcraft completely lack learning curves unless you consider learning how to use a keyboard, a mouse and a generic window based GUI part of it.

well fuck you too toady

This "DF is hard xDxD" meme needs to die.
The UI is obtuse, yes, but no more than your average original DOS game.

nigger the UI is only a small part of it, the learning curve is a wall because when you go into the game without prior knowledge yer not gonna survive the winter
theres a fuckton of showstoppers on the way to learning how to make a self-sustaining fort and you gotta learn them all before you can even field a squad or two

So? You die on your first winter and learn from that. That's the entire point of the game.

The only difficult things are dealing with aquifers and certain constructions.

WHAT fucking bandwidth? You can have a successful permanent fortress with nothing but Plump Helmet farms and a few beds. No new player _needs_ to know how alloys work or how to deal with caverns.

I just use DFHack to remove them because it's a pain in the ass otherwise.

Be honest, you want a sacrificial pit with a massive pool of blood at the bottom.

Not him, but can confirm I've wanted that for years.

Lurk more

See also:

Best/most comfiest dwarf fortress youtubers? Only one I know about is Kruggsmash, who I like. Everything else I find has the most bland, dull soulless commentator in the world or the most uninteresting uncreative scenerios/commentators in the world.

Good news! In this coming version you'll get to play Saving Private Urist.

Sound promising. Then?

Yes
The insistent anti-youtuber autism is contrarian bullshit, as long as you are not watching cancer

I tried starting on an evil glacier but I couldn't dig more than 3 levels down because of damp soil that instantly overflowed with 7 water and I can't build stairs on ice. So I decide to build 2 level deep base and always some faggot evil trash kills my wagon outside before digging is done. It doesn't seem that bad once shit would get dug. Dwarves could be confined to living underground with steady water supply and good farming area. But these fucking monsters, they just won't let me dig properly. Do you have any tips for starting in this area? Alternatively, any other beginner challenges? I use latest masterwork.

The wiki's article on Glacier biomes should give you some good general tips. Other than that, make sure some of your dorfs have decent combat stats and equipment on the outset.

Fuck you guys I was already autistic but now it's terminal.

IS THIS SUMMER EVER GOING TO END?

The only summer I see here is you.

Then…?