Cs:go and dota 2

We had some dota threads in the past, one even got 320 replies so I thought, why not try again?
archive.is/wtTjO

Anyway, what exactly is wrong with these games? Well yes cosmetics suck, but other than that they seem to be top 1 multiplayer games. I know that a lot of anons generally hate multiplayer games, which is in my opinion very autistic, but other than that I don't see why people would hate those games. Both games require skill and are the best games out there to measure skill.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dota2.com/2017/07/secret-shop-update/
archive.is/zGVj9
archive.is/93AUN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>Both require (((skill)))

Why do you create threads to shit on games instead of talking about games and how they are fun? You already know the vocal negative opinions of Holla Forums, just go fuck yourself really. This is as good as template thread. We get it, you suck/don't like these games, stop making shit threads.

No, go away

Weebs are jelly their games are only a small fraction as popular.

Can you name me multiplayer games that require more skill?

They aren't awful but they require friends to be enjoyed, obviously Holla Forums doesn't like them.

CSGO's entire competitive scene is forced and hollow. The stripping away of engine features that have been there since their engine from 1998 only to re-sell them as temporary use paid for goods. That combined with a retarded stamina system - the only people who hated the bunny hop potential in CSS could never get good at it. matchmaking dissuades use of the server browser so creative and fun mods like zm, ze, surf, xm, and good old classic maps like scoutzknivez has no one playing them.

essentially destroyed the best thing about the source community/cs community: the modded game modes. the vanilla game was always the least appealing part of CS.

i don't care about dota and no one's ever given me an explanation of the genre of game that sounds remotely appealing.

Unreal Tournament
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Starcraft 1
Even Team Fortress 2 before they went F2P needed more skill than those hollow skinnerbox shitstains

You just threw out a bunch of "hard old games" hoping to hit the mark and you did it MAYBE twice, good job.

Okay fine
CS: Source and DOTA 1
Those two games you're dickriding aren't even as skill based as their predecessors

UT isn't really that hard at all, it doesn't even have quake tech. Also UT2004 > UT99
Also SFA3 harder than Dota? Really? It's way easier to get into, for starters.

damn you really told him, pointing out these games are """"""""""""hard""""""""""""" and old, really great counter argument you insipid faggot

Yeah, that's very jewish of Valve. Back then when HPE was working on cs:go everything made more sense. But then Valve fired them and decided to work on cs:go themselves and since then everything gone to shit.

if the fat fuck smells money, and he did, he saw the success LoL and DOTA2 were having, he will pump in enough money until he starts to see a return on it. Happy to have at least enjoyed the memories with CS I had from back then, but it's sad newer generations will never experience and think CS was exclusively just some HxC shooter for MLG champs only

this is still better than any faggoty frag video anyone will ever see

This, this I can agree with. I've played a lot of Dota 2, tried playing the first one and was completely fucking lost.

Do you have a better counter, retard? People always go back to how games used to be harder than how they are now. Please take off the rose tinted glasses for a few seconds, you ad hominem spewing charlatan.

Valve didn't make CS:GO though.

assfaggots is RTS:for casuals and the only good CS game was 1.6

It's the same fucking game you fake ass nigger.

it's been wholly their project since a few months after the game launched. They work on it entirely in-house now and they have for years.

think of a better argument than a game is "hard" (its not, fighting games haven't necessarily gotten more difficult since the 90s all the way up to today, you dense shit) and "old" as if these are actual points.

fighting games do have a better, more natural competitive scene than dota and cs goy any way. They also have a natural tendency to reject bad games and accommodate new releases.

also the best competitive game of all time is twinkle star sprites.

Do you even play Dota, user?

As an user before me stated, Unreal Tournament isn't really that hard. It's just pointing and clicking with the occasional leading to hit rockets.

I can't vouch for Starcraft 1 in any way shape or form because I've never played it, but I don't doubt that it's hard.

Arcade fighting games have always been difficult for people new to the genre because there's so much to learn that it's less of a "curve" and more of a wall.

TF2 was never hard, ever. It's the quintessential casual multiplayer class shooter, but dipshits keep trying to shove "MUH COMPETITIVE" into it and it's actively ruining the game.

I won't even bother replying to that seriously.

I've never played CS. But every time there's discussions about it, the rampant cheating is always on the menu. Even in competitions. That's enough to justify taking a "into the trash it goes" attitude towards and remain dismissive of it.

As far as DotA goes, I started playing it from day one. And I mean the day it first came out on bnet 14½ years ago. The game has enough issues to fill out multiple books, but the main one has always been and always be balance. The game balance is atrocious, overpowered heroes stay overpowered for months or even years while underpowered ones stay underpowered for just as long. Sure, there's ways to mitigate broken shit through picks, bans, strategy and tactics, but at any given time the game mostly revolves around 20-25 core heroes. Which makes the game a huge fucking pain to play with and against very skilled players since it's ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING SHIT.
Don't even get me started on the shitty attitudes people have (PICK THIS HERO OR I FEED), the piss poor meta (jungle for days/spend all your time post the 15min mark helping your carry farm for buybacks), the map imbalances that took a fucking decade to fix, the boring as fuck early game, etc, etc.

inb4 league is better or some shit

Sounds to me you just plain don't like Dota, and that's fine, just admit it and stop blaming the game.

Never played League, took a look at what the differences between it and DotA were and knew I'd never touch it.

As far as how I feel about DotA: it's a game with such amazing potential ruined by incompetence from the devs. The feeling when you play a great game of DotA is amazing. That type of game where the teams are evenly matched, everyone plays really well, the loss is just as satisfying as the win and both teams congratulate each other on a job well done and they fucking mean it. I put over ten thousand hours playing DotA and HoN and I had less than 20 of these games. But those games were so great and so much fun that they made it worth the time spent playing a poorly made game like DotA.

I would rather compare it to games like Path of Exile than RTS games like c&c or total commander. My biggest issue with Dota is that Valve tries to patch out the fun shit and adds these noob items.

Valve is responsible for all the bad things in cs:go. They took over the development and added microtransactions and ruined the already not so good balance.

I don't know about that. Isn't Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Smash Bros the most popular fighting games? Those are by far not the best, but the most played. Hell, MK is in my opinion total trash.

Well Starcraft is very micro heavy, and not everyone likes this. It's basically like playing Chen or Meepo in dota, you don't just click on the enemy, you have to control several things at the same time. Same as with c&c Red Alert 3. They tried to go the Starcraft way and gave every unit abilities.

Anyway, what I want in multiplayer games is exploits and hidden tactics. Not every game has those, and lately devs are trying to fix those in patches. The Counter Strike series had bhopping, unfortunately Valve is trying to fix it. But it still has grenade spots and a somewhat hard to learn spray patterns. Dota has counter picks and item builds that totally shit on the enemy. Left 4 Dead 2 has deadly combos. Chivalry has many advanced techniques like delaying attacks to bypass blocking and stuff like that.

If games don't have hidden shit like that I see no point in playing and learning them.

Not because they're good, but because they're popular and in the minds of normalfags that means quality games.

Probably bait. Rainbow Six Siege is abysmally good compared in every fucking way to Counter Strike. Dota 2 is another story, never seen anything like it before I played it years ago. Sure, you need practice and learn every single autistic mechanic, but objectively that doesn't make it a good game.

It's not hard to get why people like these repetitive, simple and eventually boring games, and keep on playing them for years. They're easy to learn, popular and has the e-sports autism so idiots will swallow the meme of being recognized for playing a videogame. It's perfect for normalfaggots.

I played the absolute fuck out of Dota on WC3 and Dota 2 a long time ago. The game stayed so samey for so long that it lost my interest. Literally, all they changed for so goddamn long was adding new heroes to the pool, and the premier competitive mode Captain's Draft didn't even allow many new heroes (and several old ones that just never got in) into the draft due to "balance issues".

It wasn't until League of Assfaggots changed so much and became so wildly popular that they changed their formula, but I think it's probably too late.

Personally, I genuinely like multiplayer games; I abhor MMOs, but I really enjoy large-scale, team-based games that require communication, effort, and continual improvement (whether by items/gear or skill level). I actually play League of Assfaggots, have been for a long time. It really does require skill to get into, and unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to just jump into because of the high skill ceiling. Trying to explain to a new player the importance of safely farming gold in lane, making intelligent damage trades and harassing safely, how important vision is, decision making, laning phase, objective-based gameplay over just farming kills, proper item builds that change every game based on opponents is nearly impossible; information overload is a real thing, and it takes months of dedicated work or years of semi-casual playing to genuinely git gud at this shit.Still, here I am, been playing MOBAs for maybe 12 years or so and League for 6 years, and I still don't give a fuck what other anons think.

I disagree that they're the best games to "measure skill". If you put effort into anything, you will get better; it's not about measuring skill, it's all about your personal willingness to improve. If you learn and expend effort, you will come to understand the limitations and how best to manipulate them to your advantage.

league fag get out

I shall pray for your soul.

Not everyone get's better at those games. There are people who play Dota 2 for over 4000 hours and are still stuck in shitty places like 2.5k mmr, and there are people who are stuck in nova even thought they have played cs their entire live. Some people are just stupid.

the game starts at the pick phase, if you have a bad line up of heroes of course you're not going to have a great fun match. it's easy to blame the game for your own lack of skill, but dota is currently very well balanced for a game of such complexity. I don't know how patch 7 compares to TI6 patch, but TI6 patch was the best, most balanced patch ever seen.

I fucking hate GO

You can enjoy them, but the fact they tout themselves as high skill competitive esports bothers the shit out of me. It's pretty obvious they do that just to attract more players.

Compared to other shooters like Quake and Unreal, Individual player skill in CS has a higher skill floor but a lower skill ceiling, and that mostly comes from how counter-intuitive it is to play, (crosshair doesnt move upwards with recoil, must stand still to shoot accurately with rifles, etc.) Most of the "skill" in competitive CS comes from much more nuanced aspects of the game;
It may not be as deep or as well-defined as something like duel in Quake, but it's definitely a lot more worthy of being a competitive game than most popular E-sports.

That's a good joke. Should have said 1.6

How, exactly? There are pros that have been playing CS for over a decade.

66 millions as of today of TI7 alone.

Arena shooters require a different kind of skill. But I am a little bit biased here, after epic games fucked up the Unreal Engine series I can't really get back into those games. And nearly all the videos I watch on youtube are made by people who have no idea how UT or Quake is played.

Remember to sage and subscribe!

ITT we discover that most of Holla Forums just hates popular multiplayer games because they remind them of the fact that they have no friends.

Hi VIDF

(checked)

It's okay user, I'll be your friend.

Don't touch me you filthy casual.

If I had to choose between no friends and a friend that devolves into autistic screeching over the course of an hour, i'd have to go with no friends.
t. former ASSFAGGOTS player

You fuccbois talk a lot about muh arena shooters but if any of you actually played it, it wouldn't take me three hours to find a duel in the current highest population arena shooter.
Fucking posers I swear.

Sheesh guys…

You need to get with the times. This is the 2010s, games are more awesome than ever. Graphics and gameplay have evolved a long time from turn based combat and 8bit graphics.

As a gaming journalist, I might have a bit more insight into these matters, since I play games for a living. Take indie games for example. I love indie games and sometimes they can really push things forward in terms of mechanics or ai (e.g. Facade). But an indie game can never aspire to become a polished modern masterpiece like Skyrim. I think all of them are outdated in one way or the other, be it graphics wise (again, Facade) or even mechanics wise (Nights of the Chalice). This is because they're restricted in budget/time/size, just like the games of old were restricted by the low power of the gaming systems of that time.

When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something. Companies like Blizzard or Bioware or Bethesda have liberalized gaming. They took it out of musty basements and turned it into something everyone could enjoy. They have turned boring dice rolls into heated combat, mushy pixels into nightmarish monsters and checkerboards into immersive landscapes. Can you imagine how much greater Braid would be with the budget of Mirrors Edge, or one of Ben Vogel's games done with the team behind Dragon Age 2?

But you people just complain about innovation. You're like a bunch of grumpy old guys, sitting inside and complaining that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human civilization and that free healthcare is communism, when outside the sun is shining and everybody is having an awesome time.

Haven't been following DotA for the past 2+ years, I should've mentioned that. In any case, the game has historically revolved around a small pool of top picks, with the rest of the picks either being highly situational or pure garbage compared to other heroes filling in the same role. Same shit for HoN. When three quarters of the hero pool is listed as persona non grata, it shows that the game has a hell of a balance problem on its hands.

i always knew this.

you need to find the right people. i have several friends that i play with who are great sports however, i've played with one or two people like you described before. needless to say, i told them i didn't enjoy playing with them, ditched them immediately after the game and joined another by myself to show my intentions bluntly.

you could try making a friend on Holla Forums, i've noticed anons are generally calm and reasonable when you play games with them. the autists are less common than you'd think. the problem is, most decent people are a bit more reserved in the beginning so people looking for friendships, approval or attention tend to befriend the assholes faster since they're the ones paying them most of all of the above from the very beginning.

Valve basically tried to get rid of all the stuff that made CS:S and 1.6 fun. The game being so focused on a central matchmaking/ranking service definitely doesn't help anything either.

CS:GOY and Valve is cancer.

I agree with most things said in that screenshot. I wish valve would have left matchmaking to third party tools like ESL/ESEA. Matchmaking ruined everything, pub matches, and the competitive scene. You now can't play serious matches because those are full of casual trash, but you can't play fun matches either because everyone is playing on official servers.

Well the only good thing about official servers is that you can't get banned by a abusive admin. I had been banned from countless servers for "cheating".

I don't think anyone other than reddit disagrees with that. Not just Holla Forums, but even the people on the old steam users forums hated those changes. Not just dota 2 and cs:go, but people have asked for vanilla tf2 since ages.

DotA 2 is dying slowly, and will continue to do so for a long time, simply because Valve doesn't give a fuck about the game beyond the features that make them money. The last significant content patch for the game was in fucking December, and it's nearly August now. It blows my mind that they can do so fucking little and get away with it.

Custom games exist and are supported by Valve, so the complaints there hold no water any more.

Legitimately hang yourself. Dota was completely fine and enjoyable until they started rolling out retarded and unneeded and unwanted changes.

Valve always fucks up when they try to change something. Anyone here played cs:go in the early days? I got into the beta back then and ohh boy the early days were ugly. Back then the glock was a very good pistol. One shot to the head would kill (without helmet) so there was no reason to ever upgrade it in the pistol or eco rounds. People would not buy the other pistols so Valve decided to rebalance the game. Instead of nerfing the glock which would have resulted in people buying the other pistols, they decided to buff every other pistol. The p250 and 5/7 would kill with one shot to the head, even if you had helmet.

But now nobody bought the desert eagle. Why would you buy the deagle with 7 bullets when a p250 did the same job but on top of that has 13 bullets. And if those were not enough you could get the 5/7 with 20 bullets. So what does Valve do? They buff the deagle and turn it into a full auto miniscout. That shit dealed 70 damage to the chest on Dust2 A long. Shit was so op they had to nerf it within a week.

And it didn't stop there, later they added the cz75, which dealt more damage than the m4. Took them ages to nerf it. Then there was a time when the aug was op. Every time Valve tries something fresh they fuck up. Same with dota and all the new items like, hurrican pike, shrines and all the other shit they added.

It makes me sad to see Dota dying due to 7.00. It was on course for that for a while now, since Valve has been heavily pushing to casualize it bit by bit by bit for at least 3 years, but 7.00 was them throwing up their hands and stepping on the accelerator. Every other minor patch since that terrible piece of shit was released has completely fucked with the formula, be it increasing hp regen and gain per strength gain, retarded new items, map tweaks, and even the little things added in whenever they feel like, like being able to see camp spawn lines, tp locations, tower aggro area, etc etc. The HP casualization especially slays me. Every other game, at least half of the 10 players on the field has 2000 HP and 20+ hp regen ezpz no sweat by 20 minutes or so. That's insane.

It really sucks. I've liked Dota (and the entire genre which would now be known as MOBA due to retards,) since it started back on in the good old custom games battlenet days. I want it to succeed forever, even if only to take the sting off of it irreparably ruining that scene.

I assume you haven't played CS:GO in a long time, so be glad you dont know what they did to the Negev.

What is it with people who play these games only (or along with a pinch of Overwatch or League) being oblivious or ignorant of other games/genres? These people would never/rarely go out of their way to play AAA, indie or retro games. I know some of these assholes irl and they have nothing to say whenever I try to talk about fighting games, Nintendo stuff or even the Destiny 2 beta to name a few topics. Is there some invisible wall that stops these idiots from playing other games?

Pc gamers/fps fans are brain dead casuals. Tbh if you dont have at least 6 genres under your belt you are experienced in you are a fucking plebe and don't deserve to have your opinions to be taken seriously.

The whole pro scene in csgo is a fucking joke with most of the pros cheating, but nobody gives a fuck as long as they do it semi-discreetly and cook up some half assed excuse as why their chrosshair snapped to the other dude's head through 5 walls and a smoke grenade.

.t connoiseur of single player cinematic experiences

CS:GO had potential, but it more or less completely fell apart the moment they added the crate bullshit.

Competition. It's the same as with MMO's except here you're griding to improve your personal skill at the game instead of a character's arbitrary stats.
Also
dead, extremely niche genre that's just about gone, ruined by tourneyfags and tryhards.
kiddieshit supermario rehash #154 or zelda rehash #54
Borderlands with new coat of paint.
Maybe he doesn't have anything to say to you because you have shit taste in vidya.

These people also don't know anything about Doom, Thief, Splinter Cell, Duke Nukem, Rayman and even Devil May Cry. Hell, they don't even know about the Sonic Twitter antics, let alone understand the jokes behind them.

Old titles that have no replay value aside from nostalgia.
not even video games

The only thing wrong with CS:GO is the assfaggots shit and the crates. Other than that the gameplay itself is in-tact and remains a solid CS game. Just avoid playing on "competitive" and you're good.

I don't follow cs what is this?

I like dota and its a fun mp game and all but sooner or later it going to get stale for, but playing and learning with friends is fun as for csgo I rather go back and play source

I can't wait until it gets to TF2's point and it's not famous anymore

I don't know about dota2, but most of the complaints about csgo in this thread are fucking retarded.

Some people complain about skins: well, who the fuck cares about skins, sure the game would look better without them but i don't care that much about immersion in a competitive fps, if you get most of the enjoyment from swapping textures over gun models than go play something else, you can do that in a lot of games for free, including older cs games.

Others complain about the lack of moddability: sure, it could have been a fair complaint 10 years ago but if you want to develop something new in 2017 there are a lot of free engines you can use, you can do pretty much anything you want with ue4, source,unity, cryengine. Most of the modding in the old cs games was shitty zombie mods or casual fun modes that got old after 2 matches, and surf is just defrag for noobs. Plus there are a lot of better games doing pretty much what you could do with cs mods years ago.

Another complaint is the lower skill ceiling compared to csgo predecessors: sure bunnyhopping and skill jumps added an interesting dimension to the movement, but they were never inteded to be part of the core experience, and most of the time detracted from it. Csgo is designed to be a 5vs5 experience with matchmaking, and it does that perfectly with its competitive gamemode. If you enjoy the chaos of 24-32 player matches, deatmatch, or whatever you can play them in csgo or go back to css and cs1.6, they are both still alive and you can spray anime girls on the walls how you want, but from a balance standpoint csgo is better as a competitive game.

And if you hate cs because you are an arenafag and enjoy an higher skill ceiling with fast paced skillful movement and projectile weapons then go play reflex or quake live, they certainly need more players, but i bet you don't even like duels or ctf and just enjoy shitty ass modes like clan arena or instagib.

Esports were always a focus though, considering the first time the game was even shown was through an esports tournament. Dota's probably never going to be fun without friends because the genre itself attracts drooling retards who are physically incapable of having fun.

You rarely ever see shit like that happen. Most cheating/fixing happens in low-tier online tournaments, and even that has died down by the end of 2015.

is it just me, or did that person turn motion blur on? Also Windows not activated lel.

What a suprise, the weebs suck ass

Yea, looks altered

Funny jokes

Jesus fuck the hitreg in Valve games has always annoyed the everloving shit out of me. He may have had 100 ping but in my short stint playing CS:GO, I'd have the same exact problems with a ping way better than 100.

Overwatch may be dying cancer, but I still prefer the method of client-side hit detection than server-side. At least then you're always hitting where you're aiming.

I don't quite understand how they can't fix this bullshit when 1.6, Q3, UT99 and many other shooters had none of this.

They can, they just won't because valve is ran by kikes like gabe

It's not that easy, client side hit detection is worse when it comes to cheaters and more importantly it helps people with poor ping. For example sometimes you are in cover, but on the laggers screen you are not, which means you die for no reason. Server side at least screws you over the same way instead of giving a lagger some advantage.

All new games have shit hit reg, cs:go is better compared to most modern games. Battlefield is total trash regarding hit reg, and so is CoD and basically every Ubisoft game.

It's a deliberate design decision to compensate for lag by handicapping people with good internet connections. Same cancerous hog shit has plagued Call of Duty since MW3.

it's complicated, but I'll try to keep it short and simple. The ways people connect to the internet today is very different to the ways people connected back then. You have numerous wireless standards and connection types, speeds, and all the baggage ISPs bring with them. It's not as simple as your phone provides a reliable, constant data rate that is at a simple latency with those same rules applying for everyone else.

Valve's network compensation is essentially trying to compensate for everyone so people with pings in the 15-125 range will all have a fairly level experience. Whereas back then, if you had a ping of 90 you were at an extreme disadvantage compared to if you were the guy with the ping of 25.

basically internet play is a mistake and local multiplayer is the only legitimate form of competition.

CoD is totally different, they don't have dedicated servers, they use some p2p shit for mp. Which is why that game has extremely horrible hit reg.

blog.dota2.com/2017/07/secret-shop-update/

You team up with a company that charges $1000 for shipping to countries outside the US.

I still don't get it. It's like they're trying to push people and money away from Dota.

That is valve's business policy, yes. With dota, tf2 and anything they own

is this just for the online store, or will they be removing it from the event itself too?

nothing can push an autist from his game

Really all you need to win at dota, is roam and gank non stop, I did that yesterday and today and even saw it on games I watch, just get them to fuck up just enough and you win pretty easy.

Yeah, valve should magically fix the world so that lag and desync stop existing when somebody from England plays on a US-server.

Pretty sure lag is not a new thing.

International shipping costs were to high so in their unending greed they decided to close down the shop and look for improvements.

Must be even more of their greed.
And its not so easy to randomly change distribution partners on a dime since that distribution partner is also responsible for producing all that shitty merch.

Just the online store because there was trouble with international shipping prices and only temporary - might even be up again already.

Every CoD after MW4 has a minimum of 40 ping because scrubs need kills too

I like that the community and meta itself is so old (by competitive multiplayer standards). As someone who's played for 10+ years I can still come up with new cheeses because there's a constant inflow of fresh esports noobs, and I can also appreciate the autism that flows out of a close game where everyone knows exactly what the fuck they're doing.

I once played against a full queue of furries. they weren't so good either.

The online shop has been around for ages, and they haven't really done anything with it since Dota 2 came out of beta. I wouldn't be surprised if they've gotten too used to jewing people with virtual shit to remember how to con with real merchandise.

Well said user, I'm getting into game design and learning how to code but I could never even hope to match a game like skyrim despite all it's flaws. What I can do however is try to make the games that I want to play and that aren't coming out anymore.

What I think a lot of people aren't complaining about is innovation or liberalisation, rather that video games as a whole have become a business where profit over passion shines. It's extremely apparent when you look at companies like Valve or Capcom, once they were giants in the market coming out with new innovative and fun titles. However now one doesn't release new games and the other releases them half finished.

This decline can be seen in almost all companies, which is why I pretty much only play indie games nowadays.

Valve isn't all that bad. Imagine how much worse it would be if EA or Ubisoft was in charge of Steam. Ubisoft has microtransactions in full priced games and EA is total cancer. Also Valve still delivers some good shit. Dota 2's UI is pretty decent. You can watch or play while your game searches a match for you. What other games can do this?

is that a problem? I mean she makes some valid points. Anyway, have some bullying vids if you hate woman so much

Latency issues + believing HLTV is going to show exactly what happens in a networked game.

maybe at top level, a lot of people who play this game are clueless like this

Thanks, user. :)

What kind of wonderful imaginary wonderland do you live in?

Chess

this one obviously

What was a 14 year old doing playing an M rated game anyway?

You must have perfected the art of selective cognition. You only perceive what you want.

indeed

whatever he wants, because his parents are the type to let their kid steal 400 FUCKING DOLLARS and do basically nothing about it

These little shits are everywhere, that's why I hate free or cheap games because kids can easily get into those. With paid games there is at least the chance of the kids parents not giving him the needed money for it.

As long as the message is good and I don't see a problem with it. And in this case he is. Playing a round of counter strike does not make you feel better.

well not if you SUCK
GIT GUD FAGGOT

Are we playing the same game? Nigger I am DMG and 2 out of 3 games are totally not enjoyable because my teammates are total dickfaces. They can't hold possitions, they have serious adhd and constantly switch bombsites, they go afk and they buy weapons every round never going eco. This game can go to hell.

I bet you dont even have prime

If dota 2 is so easy, why didn't you make a team in this years battlecup qualifiers for TI and steamroll your way to an easy 20+ million dollars
Oh right because you would get dumpstered by people who have been playing the game for over a decade, the fact you think ingame decisions are a significant part of dota shows that you don't now anything
If you watched pro dota you would know that 90%+ of games are won at the draft, also winning a BO1 is nothing like winning a BO3 or a BO5, you can cheese the best teams in the world with some stupid gimmcik draft in a BO1, but they will identify you and read you like a book and outdraft you everytime if they get any subsequent matches.

playing unconventionally is the only way to beat a team which is mechanically better

for sure, and that has it's place in dota, there have always been those cheese strats people pull out for a free win in a lower bracket BO1 and shit, drow + visage, tiny + centaur lane combo, push strats, but again that only works in the environment of a BO1, something irrelevant at the high level pro play tourneys which are all BO3 at least

I don't watch or follow the cancer pro scene, what are those niggers up to?

Puppey and RTZ can go fuck themselves, but Sing Sing is a pure girl and doesn't deserve what she's been put through.

Arteezy is a lolcow-cunt on Twitch who rage quits or spazzes at his team when he's losing games even when he makes mistakes like spamming Mirana (He's only at 9k+ for spamming meta heroes). Puppey made a team consisting of "the best" Dota players, but he throws anyone under the bus if he doesn't win. Despite this stuff, they're never punished by Valve because if Valve actually followed through this shit, the esports scene would have been screwed (including Dendi and Merlini, who have their cunt moments). SingSing used to act up for attention, but kind of mellowed out. You can tell he hates playing Dota when he streams with his friends (he almost never streams his solo games). Meanwhile, you have others "Dota celebs" like Sheever who jumped from one eceleb dick to another to keep her "career" going (She dropped Bulldog for ODPixel when Bulldog left Dota), or annoying, unlikable faggots like SirActionSlacks and Anndroid who are ruining Dota with their social justice and unfunny meme bullshit. Guys like Waga, Pyrion, and Purge still try to keep people interested in Dota when their autism isn't getting to them (too bad Keo is the Yoko Ono of Waga's Dota career, since she's only fucking him for Twitch attention). Bulldog is the only "Dota celeb" I know who actually left the cancer after last year's TI.

Low prio really means jack shit when Arteezy is still a douche bag in and out of the scene. I think Sing is the only person who flat out hates playing Dota knowing it's the only thing that gives any attention (I liked some of his non-Dota streams because he actually has fun playing those games).

You ride the shortest bus, don't you? Also, your entire premise for hating most of these people is their committing things done absolutely daily by the dota community. You reek of e-celeb fart-sniffing reddit faggotry, trying to hold these guys to a higher standard as if they were anything but no-life game playing nerds who take shit extremely seriously.

t. u

I wasn't holding anyone to a standard, you autistic fucktard. My point is this whole "LES MAEK THIS GAEM FRIEDNLY N PUNISH THOSE MEENIES" thing is half-assed and hypocritical knowing how infamous Dota's community is.

You should go back to the short bus.

I get your point and I agree with you, they should enforce their rules on all, not just the normal gamers while streamers get away free.

You know what other Valve game I like? Left 4 Dead 2. The coop and campaign is total shit, might as well delete those game modes, but Versus, Scavenge and FTL are insanely fun. Just like cs:go has it's grenade spots, this game has a shitload of combos that allow you to shit on noobs. In it's prime people would check your profile when you joined their game. You got less than 500 hours spend in Left 4 Dead 2? Instant kick. Even at 150 hours you were considered a noob.

I really wish Dota and CS:GO were the same. Hate how everyone in gaming tries to be friendly lately. No flamming is allowed, even if your teammate is 100% retarded.

DOTA 2 significantly damaged at least a solid year or two of my life, so I'd suggest anons steer clear of it for that reason alone. At least drug addictions don't use up 8 hours every day.

Sure thing man. You definitely weren't crying, singling out, and holding to a higher standard specific e-celebs players for doing the same things that the entire community does. Most definitely not.

While I certainly don't agree with the spirit behind the initiative, I don't see any immediate problem with it outside of the forcibly restricted hero pool. Lowering the hurdles for first-time players is an important part of drawing in the more casual crowd and Valve has made it mega obvious that is what they intend to do. By automatically matching carebear faggots with like-minded individuals, you are more apt to retain new players before they are eased into and acquainted with being called a noob cyka blyat nigger every other game.

>

literally nothing they do should be punishable. anyone advocating for valve to punish people for what boils down to them being mean is a fucking retard, ie you

Sure if you enjoy getting votekicked every game because some autistic cumsock is autistic enough to visit your steam page and doesn't like the numbers you have listed for hours.

No but seriously it is fun when you actually get in a game that isn't full of votekicking autists that play the game every day of their lives.

I almost never get vote kicked because I am good at l4d2

Wow, you're stupid.

That was the whole purpose of having small trials that let you use Sven, Lina, and some other hero. They should have just expanded that portion into other lanes and roles, updating them as the meta changes. Only giving players heroes that are good in the meta won't encourage them to try other heroes. It's really about falling on your ass, and learning from your mistakes.

Who knew calling out bullshit means supporting this stuff? Whatever, idiot.

kill yourself

you're implying that their behavior, despite doing literally nothing wrong, should be punished. you're a massive faggot for even suggesting such.

>though please ignore when I previously stated outright that they never punish said players because that doesn't fit into my backpedaling
|
|>
|

Again, your only argument before the backpedaling is that certain shitlords aren't being punished for doing the exact same shit that everyone else does. Whining and crying about toxicity as it pertains to e-celebs, essentially. I don't have any images telling you to get back to reddit, so please make do with text. Get back to reddit.

If you're gonna go out of your way to punish some 13 year-old kid over rage quitting a match, you might as well apply the punishment to the ecelebs who do this shit all the time. It's called being consistent with your rules, or don't bother applying this.

I hate assfaggot games, but you're part of the reason why they're dog shit.

You really are retarded, and need to go back to Reddit.

competitive gaming is a cancer
/thread

They only play CS: GO becasue Valvev started to pump a shitload of money into the tournerys.
Before that, it was basically a dead game since everyone knew that it was an inferior version to both CSS and 1.6.
Without Vavle throwing money at them, they'd leave in a fucking instant.

When cs:go got released back then almost it had less players than 1.6 and indeed almost no pro scene at all. Everyone knew the game sucked but then Valve started to bribe people.

The game has changed A LOT since its inception. It was more or less unplayable trash at the start, but right now it's a preddy gud game. The only two issues I have with it right now is the jumpcrouch glitch and the weapon balance. Everything else is as good as or better than previous iterations imo.

What's wrong with weapon balance?

Starcraft 2 for example.

LoL is basically Diablo with Multiplayer and you can excel at CS:GO if you have some knowledge of the maps and weapons and if you have decent aim. Other than that, these games are far for challenging, especially LoL, which is where all the WoW players went after their game got trashed.

Is overrated. As I have said in this post Starcraft 2 is simply very micro heavy and a shitload of people can't deal with that.

lol is a downgraded version of Dota with a shitload of characters locked behind a pay wall.

Do you really have to ask that question? You remember your childhood when you always only played games that were rated for your age and never touched anything rated M?

Pistols are too strong. They should not be able to oneshot. Forcebuy rounds have a too high success rate. Valve said something like their goal was to have force rounds win 40% of the time, which is absolutely ridiculous.

The UMP is still too strong, it's essentially a budget rifle, which completely overshadows the actual budget rifles. The famas and galil are fairly useless and almost never see play as anything other than second round buys, because for forcing people would much rather have pistols or SMGs.

No there aren't

This is excellent bait.

Whats going on this thread,going to need to slow it down because I feel the need to kill my brain cells by reading all this condense autism.

????

no they take up 24 hours

dota is the hardest game in existence because it requires 5 autistic narcissists to work together, there will never be a team that plays dota perfectly because it's impossible

Oh right, Monkey King was the first non-Dota 1 hero to be included into the game wasn't he? Well, my other points still stand at least.

Literally any quake game, even quake champions, is deeper than CSGO.

You ever asked yourself why arena shooters are almost dead while games like cs:go are still played? Of course popularity is not always a sign of skill, but there are reasons why nobody plays arena shooters anymore. That shit get's stale after a while.

So does de_dust2 with the same two strats every game. Because, admit it, nobody plays anything else in CSGO.

First off all, cs:go is not the only cs game out there, and people do play other maps, d2 just happens to be one of the most popular maps. cs being "dust2 24/7" is nothing but a reddit meme.

is funny seeing people criticize these games for being supposedly simplistic but I can guarantee you that they'd shit it up just as hard as your average new player if they actually played them

You're a fucking idiot. D2 isn't even in the competitive map group any more. The last major where it was, this was the distribution of maps played. All maps are played and generally have about a 1-2 minute wait time for a competitive game. Personally, I mostly play mirage, cobble and cache.

It's actually shittier than ever. It's just realistic TF2.

I remember playing it when there was no skins, unnecessary balancing, and market. There was actually some fun to be had.

This is rich coming from a CSGO player. Your entire game is 70% played on one map, and the actual gameplay is literally just slow moving aim-battles. Literally half the time you are walking somewhere or waiting to respond and not in combat. Meanwhile in Quake you have aim, movement, and item control… in CSGO you only have aim, and only two kinds of aim. (rifles and snipers) while meanwhile in quake every single weapon behaves in a fundamentally different way. The reason CSGO is more popular is because its a reddit game for shitters who have too big of an ego to take it when someone rapes you 40-0 in CPMA. So they play team games that take less skill, which make it so that they can just blame all their failures on other people.

It was a broken piece of garbage on release and the balance was completely retarded. The deagle was disgustingly overpowered, it looked like shit (seriously, look at all the fucking fog it had on release, it's awful), it sounded like ass and the entire system was in serious need of tweaks.

The "balance" is even more retarded these days. Fucking RNG accuracy and weekly unnecessary nerfs holy shit. Besides, it's all centered around autistic e-"sports" and skins.

Ladders ruin everything. No more comfy servers, only butthurt and tryhards.

RNG accuracy was even worse on release and CS GO barely gets any balancing updates. The last one was in May where they reduced the UMP falloff. That's it. They haven't actually touched gameplay in a long time. You don't know what you're talking about.

Of course, it always ends up like that. Even people who are very good at LoL totally suck at dota in their first few months. There is no way a random user would join dota or cs:go and do well.

It wasn't random back then, you just had less movement inaccuracy. Game had CoD like accuracy, the p90 was way worse back then. In the beta the ak was very bad, e.g. dealt a lot of damage but had huge recoil but they patched that in the early days. Honestly cs:go was very cancer at release, you could just walk around and spray and pray.

And the worst, since it was a new game it had a lot of CoD noobs and other people that never played cs:go before. Every fucking noob would buy the dual beretta thinking those are good weapons because in other games dual wielding is op.

The games are fine, the players are sub-human though but that is true for most online games these days.

That doesn't make any sense since Dota 2 and 1 are the same game but in different engines.

Chess is primarily memorisation, and it a solved game. Even Bobby Fischer hated chess, and most players of chess. It's not actually that good of a game.

is skeleton king back in the game yet?

Some days these games simply don't work. Today I have played a game of cs:go with a friend. The three randoms we in our team did not only suck baldy, they just left within the first 5 rounds leaving us in a 2vs5 match. Unlucky you might say, but the exact same thing happened next match. 2 guys play like total shit and then leave. The other random plays 2 more rounds then leaves too. What are the chances of playing 2vs5 two times in a row? Didn't want to risk another horrible match so we switched to Dota 2 instead only to get once again a total shit team.

The problem is third world motherfuckers. If you live in the EU you get all kinds of weird teammates. Arabs, people from Africa, eastern Europeans like Romanians. Now I am not that racist, but these poor third world assdicks are just a pain in the ass. They are retarded as fuck, they have bad manners and shitty computers that crash 24/7.

I don't think you know what that really means, since chess isn't solved, and probably won't be for the next couple decades.

Dota is the best ASSFAGGOTS by a mile and ASSFAGGOTS are popular.
I don't understand CSGO though. The shooting mechanics feel so terrible now. Everything feels terrible.

Bobby Fischer hated just about everyone.
He hated jews, people withe more money than him, people dumber than him, people more famous than him, and people that are worse than him in chess.
Fischer also claimed chess was really about the search for truth, and that's why he played long into his later years.
Don't talk like you know shit about it because you watched some shit movie starring spiderman as Fischer.

This wasn't true back in the days. No matter what shooter you play, you would always get some kills. You play Battlefield for the first time? Pick a sniper rifle and sit on a cliff. CoD? Well isn't that hard to kill someone there, it's just a matter of time until you spawn behind someone. And even arena shooters are easy to get into since you have hitscan weapons.

But cs on the other hand is extremely cruel towards new players. I mean, did you guys not play CS back in the days? We had countless lan parties back then since our school allowed us to use the computer room after school. We installed cs and some other games there and played almost every day after school together.

And with newbies it's always the same, they lose 0-20. Because they are not used to the spray patterns. In every other shooter you point at the enemy and you shot. But in cs you can't do that because the bullets fly all over the place. In cs:go this is downgraded, you now have only one spray pattern per weapon. In 1.6 you had several which made spray control very hard.

I know what I'm talking about, faggot. Stop shilling CSGO. It's shittier now than it ever was.

Except you're wrong on both points, so evidently not.

the valvedrone everyone. hows your gambling addiction doing for pointless autistic virtual items?

My dude do you actually think CS:GO is good? There's a reason that matchmaking is filled with smurfs, they're the only ones who play it.

LITERALLY 1 FUCKING MAP

Nothing wrong with the games themselves, but I find that when I'm playing online games with small teams (L4D2, DOTA2), I'm not playing to have fun, I'm playing to not piss off my team. So why play at all?

I prefer large team games, where the players are free to do their thing without having to worry about sining the game. Pics related: the online games I have enjoyed more than any other.

test

today is your lucky day

DUBS

And this is why I don't play battlefield. Nobody plays the objective. Everyone picks sniper and goes afk on a cliff.

Are you replying to the wrong post? In arena FPS you get killed 40-0 at least if you are a noob, the hitscan weapons do not make it easier because of how the odd aiming style you need to adopt fucks you up. CS is """cruel"" compared to modern games but it has been and awaly's will be nothing compared to how cruel something like CPMA is, from the day that it came out to now CS has awalys been a game for people who don't have the skill for arena shooters. If you join any CPMA server right now someone will destroy you with a score margin of 20 if they are shit and 50 if they are competent.

I don't really remember who I wanted to reply too. Anyway, Arena shooters make sense, you got rocket launchers, shotguns and sniper rifles, weapons that everyone can use. But cs has a spray pattern that doesn't exist like that in other games. You are more likely to get kills in a arena shooter like UT than killing someone in CS.

Most people are so used to spawning with weapons that they will have no idea what the fuck to do when presented with an FPS that doesn't have loadout cancer.

This is only true at a lower level of skill… and in CS, in a low skill server, you can get kills without putting in a ton of effort too. (esp 1.6 which is full of BR's at 160 ping) If you try playing any arena shooter now you will get destroyed utterly by veterans at first.

I agree that CS has a unique hard mechanic that it derives its depth from. But quake has more of these mechanics, which makes it more difficult.

You mean to tell me you can casually hit everyone on a server with a baseball like champ with no problem?
BEFORE THEY FUCKING REMOVED IT

Yeah I got invited to TF2 once, people were rocket jumping and flying all over the map. Played it once that day and never touched it again. Definitally not a easy game. when people are flying all over the map.

I know a person who is basically only plays CS:GO exclusively. The only other games this guy plays are Borderlands 2 for about 12 hours, some Half Life speed running to improve b-hopping when they played CS:S, and some Overwatch. I don't know the reason these people do this but for most of the CS:GO people I meet, they have no other experience in video games besides CS. It's like said, they might be geniuses in games like CS, but as soon as you put them in any other type of game, they have no idea what to do and lose interest an hour in, the guy is more interested in film then video games in general so he's basically a casual in disguise of a pro.

Yeah, that's the other extreme. What I meant by "do their thing" is aim for the goal without worrying about some self-appointed, micro-managing team-lord who's playing with a finger glued to the votekick button.

You know what would be nice? The option to have only teammates from your country or region. Now I am not a racist, I don't mind niggers or sandniggers on the enemy team but I want a white first world team. People from the UK are very welcome, Germans are okay I guess, French people are not ideal but still okay. But everything else like people from the Ukraine, Türkei, Egypt, Serbia or Greece can all take a huge dick in the ass. Fuck those motherfuckers.

In cs:go they sell stickers for your gun. Pretty cancerous shit, but I noticed something funny today. They sell these girl stickers and I was surprised that valve would allow something like this considering how sjw's always complain about sexualisation and shit. But then I noticed another thing, there is one nigger among those girls. So I went into the steam marked and checked those prices. And guess what, the nigger is 0.40€ while the white ones are starting at 0.80€.

This is free market. When guys get to vote on beauty female niggers lose.
archive.is/zGVj9
archive.is/93AUN

lol

I want OP shotguns back. Anyone remember the short period in which the mag-7 was op? It was very decent, even in medium range.

Because Holla Forums would rather sperg on how fucking v i d e o g a m e s are high art. God bless Mark for making this God forsaken shitheap of a board into Holla Forums but with blideo blames.

also invest in memeware

Yo wtf, since when is Valve selling Gloves? What is this bullshit? Many people predicted paid sprays. It's huge bullshit, but I wasn't that shocked because many of us saw it coming. But this bullshit?! Now I am not a lawyer, but is this even legal? This is some next level jew move and I doubt this is legal. It has to be illegal to be this jewish.

As long as knifs skins are legal, shit like this is as well.
The only way that could be seen as illegal would be how you can aquire them, which is nothing more then a glorified lottery. And since minors can play it as wlell, Vavle should become problems for it.

Funny how Valve is only socialist/communist when it comes to fucking people over. When it comes to money they go full capitalism.

You got a shit team? You are not allowed to complain or you get muted. You are expected to just deal with shit players in your team. They go full communist and force you to help out total idiots. But when it comes to content they try to squeeze every penny out of it. Why not make the drop system free? Why isn't every skin in cs:go free? Nah they can't do that. We are supposed to be friendly to each other but they can just dick around.

Valve got in trouble because of gambling sites that were being made around their skins about a year ago, they shut those down with C&D's and now they don't have anymore problems with the law. I can't wait for them to unveil fucking HUD skins next.

I wish someone would make laws against this online gambling shit. I really hate those crates. If they would at least remove the need for keys and let us open those for 0.03€ each I would be happy too.