PAID COSMETICS IN THE NEWEST PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND UPDATE

PAID COSMETICS IN THE NEWEST PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND UPDATE

steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278
archive.is/ud0Ja

THE DEVS HAVE ADDED PAID CRATE SYSTEM TO THE GAME IN THE NEWEST UPDATE. Currently $2.50 for a key and rng style system al a csgo.

don't care, western games are cancer

You seriously telling me it didn't already have that shit? I guess there were a few cancer boxes left unchecked after all.

Because Nintendo with their Amiibos and Konami with their DLC and pachinko machines are so much better.
Gaming is fucked in general, it's not just America.

Rip in peace
Maybe it could've had a chance after its 15 minutes of fame were up and the plebbit crowd webt somewhere else, but then again, this is the current mindset of western devs.

I thought the game was already like that, so can't say I'm surprised.

o i am laffin

I doubt that. They would try "free" shit to get people in, then go and pile on the paid shit.

Are you really that surprised that they would do this or what?

Amazing how you managed to reach that far when replying to that post.

Bluehole is korean.

How is that reaching?

who cares? it's early access YT streamer shit
seriously, who cares about this stuff?

So I take it the verdict on this game isn't particularly positive? I've really wanted one of these battle Royale games to turn out well.

Sounds really cool.
That’s… okay-ish. Can’t pirate it and no single-player fun…
Zero fun whatsoever.
Negative fun. Let me camp for hours. Let me win a battle of patience when my enemies simply log out because they can’t find me. How fucking hard is that to do?

typical, another kike, not surprised

POST YFW YOU DIDNT BUY INTO THIS SHITHEAP

Looked like another rust/dayz/7DtD clone to me and couldn't distinguish it from the others, so I didn't know it actually existed.

Let that sink in for a while

Then play something like Day Z?

I get that they need to drive players to encounter eachother, though the fact that its almost always some rando empty space with no actual cover sucks. Should always focus on driving players to built up towns, not fucking meadows. The real fault is

Why must the plebs feed this trash with their money?

I don't know why you're upset. Microtransactions are practically the defining characteristic of modern multiplayer games. I'm only surprised it didn't have them from the outset.

It's a flavor of the month game with a limited lifespan. Perhaps that isn't what they intended, but with the massive surge in success, they need to profit hard and fast because the money will stop flowing sooner rather than later.

It just so happens that they have the same kind of cancerous playerbase that turned Overwatch and CSGO into crate-shilling "success stories" because faggots, for some inexplicable reason, will send a streamer hundreds of dollars for opening crates for hours on end.

So, fuck those devs, fuck their cancerous normalfag fans, and pray for an industry crash.

Weeagoons tend to start autistically shrieking when backed into a corner.

You can't camp in the game. You either get zapped by an ever shrinking wall or get a mouthful or mortars.

>(((microtransactions)))
Every time.

Yeah, I mentioned that.

Is there a modern torrent for the single player?

Is this some new kind Goon D&C tactic?

I've racked up almost thirty hours in it. A large portion of those hours would be spent waiting for the lobbies to fill up, waiting for the plane to get over land, running mindlessly towards the next safe zone and scavenging for useful loot.

PUBG is by no means a good game. It has very brief moments of fun but a large portion of it is just running out the clock until you're forced into confrontations by the zones coming together. I mostly play with friends and use teamspeak to communicate with them.

Melee combat is worthless, fists are a joke and the actual melee weapons are basically just an extra cosmetic because you're a moron if you ever try to melee someone instead of shooting them. The gunplay is okay, but you'd get a much better experience and have more options if you were to play Arma instead.

The weapons are broken into pistols, shotguns, SMGs, assault rifles and sniper rifles. Differences are in recoil, damage, fire rate, reload time and ammo type as you'd expect. Pistols will never get used beyond the first opening minutes of the match, then they gather dust as soon as you find a rifle worth a shit. Shotguns are good for CQC but you'll rarely engage in it and normally you're better off grabbing an AR and SMG or SR instead, SRs are the rarest of course.

Weapon customisation are adding extra benefits to the guns, faster draw speed, bigger magazines, scopes etc. Scopes are the most valuable because you want to be able to engage over long distances. Which is why shotguns, pistols and SMGs are mostly worthless, almost all major combat in this game will take place over a long distance.

The zone system is a good way to enforce confrontation and generally prevents extended periods of camping. Because it's constantly reducing in size and shifting locations you'll need to be on the move unless you get lucky and have it centre over you/close to you. Slowly receiving damage if you're outside the safe zone puts pressure on and can cause you take riskier actions.

Vehicles are useful at game start but quickly become a hazard to you as the zone gets smaller and more players are pushed to the same location. They're loud and risky to drive at that point, turning you into an easily spotted target. The car physics are appropriate enough. The major complaint here for me is that passengers can't use any healing tools while riding in a moving car, I'm not sure why they'd choose to prevent this, but it's a major hindrance and can often be the reason you'll end up down a team mate. There's also the weird choice to have players that go into the wounded (crawling and helpless) state be immediately ejected from the car. Which means if you and the crew are burning rubber through a field and some damage comes your way, enough to wound you, instead of you going helpless in the vehicle and needing assistance there, you're going to get thrown out of the car and become a major issue for your team if they want to rescue you. This is especially a problem when you're outside the zone and this happens. That team member is forfeit because they're not allowed to heal while in a moving vehicle for an unexplained reason.

It's a good way to kill time, but you're not going to have fun for the majority of that time being killed. If there was more map variety, more interesting map locations and generally more things to do besides run around looting and occasionally shooting, it'd be looked on more favourably. Also, game stability is a major issue, turns out that the game's ocean is actually under the entire map, so it's always going to be a drain on processing. I have to have the settings turned all the way down besides draw distance because otherwise it chugs. Even now it still chugs.

I'd give it a 60/100, C-.

Game was always trash, now it's just trash with a diarrhea topping. I will never understand the fags who love these flavor-of-the-month half-finished shit-fests.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH\

user is accusing 553276 of being a weeb and/or a goon for riding to the defense of Japanese devs and/or jewish dlc randoloot crates. Term's dumb as fuck and user should just call 553276 a faggot.

Pretty sure 60/100 is a D-, damn near a F in traditional letter grades.

I'd love to support Japanese games but Phil Fish was right about them.

Might be different based on where you live in the world. Where I am, 60-70 is C range. D (now called E for whatever reason) is in the 50-60 range.

no, it's really obvious it's a new goon tactic. over the past few months weeaboos and just regular fags who like japanese games were quick to connect the dots - goons really hate overtly japanese things and attempt to delegitimize them at every turn. Weebs being a bit smarter and aware of this pattern know that goons are detested. No one like faggots from SA, and once its pointed out that someone is in fact a goon, they shirk, shrink away and are dismissed. The onus on them is to prove they are in fact, not a goon all while maintaining the narrative they are pushing about japanese games.

so, goons being a bit slow on the uptake have devised and are attempting to force a new meme. "weagoons" or whatever, it's self-contradictory but it's really obvious they are embracing that no one likes goons, so they attempt to conflate the two as being just as bad as the other. Sort of the centrist schtick they are trying to tap into "hey these guys are bad, but these guys are also just as bad and they are conveniently opposed to each other! I'm the smart one!"

tl;dr goons are fags, weebs are fags (but less so and at least get image board culture) and we were on the wrong side of the second world war.

lol at this delusional shit

Wat?
Where are you from?

people still pay for that place? SA has been washed up for years.

I've only watched streams of it. It seems like it would be fun for at least a few sessions, more so if you have friends to play with. But I'm not interested enough to plop down $30.
Put it this way: If it were F2P, open source, or abandonware, Holla Forums would be all over it.

lol goon

i think its the exclusive community culture or some gay shit. either way, they're an obvious origin of a lot of cancer across the internet and in real life.

goon posting reddit impact font images thinking he fits in lol

Not today, CIA.

A+ = >90
A = 80-89
B+ = 76-79
B = 75
B- = 70-74
C+ = 66-69
C = 65
C- = 60-64
E = 50-59
Fail =

This picture is old as hell, newfag. Funny that you mention reddit since you've just outed yourself as not being from around here. Post some more inane, baseless conspiracy theories, I need some more pasta.

goon tactics essentially

pfpfft aAHAHAHAHA

In that range you're speaking of: What is an A? 100+?

Imagine my surprise.

What the fuck is this shit? Is this some new codling "no child can fail" bullshit? What the fuck?

Shh, don't let this obvious outsider who thinks impact font is a reddit thing feel more out of place than he already is. I want to see more dumb posts and poor attempts at fitting in.

Has this game had a price drop yet?

Everybody wins.

Gotta be honest, I kinda want that Battle Royale DLC. I hope its not a limited time thing.

lol goon

Whats worse, this or Ark's early access dlc?

Am I suppose to know what the hell this game is and/or care about it?

Wew lad you're some kind of special op, and knowing Holla Forums no one will actually read the article and just sperg out on this already shitty game.

this is true

Sounds like a tactic to rile up witchhunts in order to divide and conquer to me. I guess i'll just have to report baseless accusations of goonery as D&C.

Yeah, no, they're pocketing the money and using it to throw and event to raise awareness of their game.

Nobody gives a damn what you think or care about. You're just an user. Stop pretending like you even have good taste, it's the worst facade ever.

It's a meme game, you're not missing out.

ALSO they're adding another gun, this game gets more content updates than most major releases. Not to mention they are adding two new maps in the future.

t.Shilling master 3000

Oy vey don't let the goyim track the money Shekelstein. We must cover our tracks.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Flavor of the month faggot please kill yourself, you're the problem with games.

Let the retards waste money. I dont see how this depletes the gameplay at all. its not pay to win.

No dipshit I was adding onto my previous post, here I'll bump the thread just for you

Oh, I see. So you're just a shill faggot butthurt that Holla Forums is laughing at your game. Much better. Thanks for clarifying.

lol

get

Everybody laugh at the outsider.

Like I said I'm Shill master 3000, I don't even own the game m8 so just keep tossing your buzzwords at me. Op is exaggerating something to an extreme because Holla Forums will eat it up. Here's your (You)

Nigger, off yourself. If you bring some evidence to prove them a goon, it's all good, but to just point your finger, scream "REEEE GOON REEEE" and then expect the accused to prove a negative is fucking retarded

gamergate tier argumentation, at least pretend you aren't from reddit

I still don't understand what this game even is. It looks like some shitty ARMA mod.

this is the first thing everyone thinks. I can't be the only one who felt like I was viewing some alternative universe when microsoft showed it at e3 and the running theme was like everyone knows it and knows it's a big deal.

I never even heard of it until that e3 conference.

I tried so hard and got so far >13100000 beat me to it
it's weird because when I refreshed the front page I didn't see the post anywhere, so maybe it was a sage in a page2+ thread

checked

So far your only cucked argument has been
Still content being gated off in a game that isn't even released yet. Keep acting like it's nothing Shill Silverstein.

Thank you, now stop being a fucking retard.

back you go child, no one wants to deal with your rational™ skeptical™ bullshit

I've never heard of this game until now.

oh

Leftypol go and stay go.

wrong side of the aisle, but try again im open to it

I never said any of this was ok, all I'm stating is that its clearly not as bad as op is claiming it to be. Again I don't own the game nor do I plan on it unless it goes on sale for five bucks someday you keep running around in circles friend.

I'm not running around in circles, I stated why it's shit, maybe you should pay attention instead of shilling wildly. It's a big deal because it's an unfinished early access game that is GATING OFF CONTENT. Either tell me how that's okay or fuck off back to reddit.

Summerfags I can handle, Holla Forums faggots are cancer.

o sick, another "it's a shill!" episode where this is the principled gamer who hates women

What the fuck is this word salad? You spilling your spaghetti because you've been exposed leftypol?

whoa there buddy, listen, I hate women too, but I gotta say I'm getting tired of the reruns. how many people have you accused of being shills this past week?

I thought payed cosmetics were always there? And didn't the devs ban someone for team killing?

It's early still, but I think you've got promise.

Just report him for thread derailing and filter his ID, user.

thanks (11), I'm just having fun before bed

Took you long enough to whip that one out huh? That's the third time you've used shill this thread even though I've expressed multiple times now that I don't own the game and have no desire to purchase it unless its for extremely cheap. Is this the first time you've noticed jewish scheming from an early access game? Shocking isn't it? The content being gated off is purely cosmetic so its not impacting the actual gameplay in any way, the only thing its affecting is cuckolds wallets.

How buttblasted do you gotta be to bitch to the dev because you went in with randos and didn't expect to get shot in the fucking back?

I wish, I'm just folding my laundry right now, I can only make fun of autists for so long before they stop giving me material

speaking of, talk more about stupid shit you don't know anything about, this is a boring conversation

I wish russian asuka would do vivian cosplay

Well, you would know a thing or two about cuckolds.

Yeah, until effective camo pattern clothing gets paywalled.

FUCK
Microtransactions in an unfinished game? It's like KF2 all over again. At least you can refund when the game is "done" right?
On a serious note will the crate meme ever end? I miss working to unlock things instead of relying on RNJesus.

Knew it was a scam for the very start.

Nice.

In what way did you get that from what I said?
Well ye? Who cares if dipshits spend money on stupid shit? Bitching on Holla Forums isn't going to fix normalfags user.

Now camo patterns behind a pay wall IS bullshit. The only way I can see micro transactions affecting gameplay would be pay to win weapons or attachments.

I thought this game wasnt f2p

I didn't think not playing games could be this fun.

This is your brain on Nintenshit

just goy my shit up fam

tfw I haven't bought into any of the shitheaps

Yeah definitely not buying it now. Friends on steam constantly tell me to give it a try, but after this there is no way I get it.

This wouldn't be nearly so egregious if it was a straight up buying items, but no, you're buying the chance to get what you want while being forced to buy mountains of shit you don't.

And bitching about people bitching on Holla Forums is going to get even less done user so what exactly are you doing? I love how in your post not seconds later you admit how it could potentially be a problem. Mind you, you're a fag who actually wants to buy this trash so I think enough said really.

Thanks for this post. I was really on the fence for a bit but I am probably gonna stay away for now. I wouldn't be opposed if it was on sale but even getting it for 22.50 on greenman seems like a lot for what it is. Maybe one day I'll get a good battle royale game.

I've seen some streams as well, it does seem better put together than a lot of the other game in the genre which was why I was interested, but I'm still wary. I just want a game where I can put all my years of stalkan' to good use on people instead of my 10,000th bloodsucker.

Perhaps stop acting like emotion reactionary non-argument wetback-tier faggots and you may cease being considered an outsider.

Stop tolerating this

Are you from niggertopia or something?

Oh damn man, I did not see that coming.

Feels pretty good, bullet dodged.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CHINA NUMBA OOONNNEEEE

why would anyone buy into this game if it wasn't for twitch monkeys though

How many red flags?

Welcome to modern day "gamers".

dodged a bullet there
fuck
never got whats interesting about this spawn simulator with generic assets and enforced random rules

Easy Neo

PURE CANCER

Go to school Makoto. stop shitposting and go have your exams!

I was thinking about it, but now, I won't.

Can't even make this shit up at this point.
One of my favorite teenage books gets some attention and it's in a kikefest. Just my luck.

that's one of the characters from the Battle Royale film you dumb ass, that's the kids school uniform, they also have the Teacher in a tracksuit

This is actually a really good fucking point. Why are they putting paid cosmetics in an early access game? Shouldn't they at least opt to finish the game before trying to con more money out of their playerbase? This seems extra scummy.

There are private, custom servers.
You can freely change all the lootspawn rates, the blue-circle-of-death speed, what weapons appear and don't appear, whether people die instantly or go into bleedout when their HP hits zero, and a bunch of other special rules and settings. You can even have 8-player squads, which is kind of a clusterfuck but also kind of interesting for large-scale city warfare matches.

The rest of what you said is still true, though, and you can't set where the circle goes manually, so it's still quite a bit less than ideal.

Thank God I don't give a single shit about cosmetics.

PUBG players, everyone

Not happy about it, but I rather have this than CoD paid map packs. As long as it doesn't turn into a gambling simulator like TF2 and CS:GO, let idiots waste their money.

I was somewhat curious about this game, but now that curiosity has died. Thanks OP

Anyone who falls for the early access meme deserves everything bad that happens to them.

The fuck

Is he really living in his Toyota Yaris now or what?

No, he still lives in his apartment. I think he got into a crash though.

What's the issue with paid cosmetics ala CS:GO? Not defending but really don't know since I don't touch Cs:Go or overwatch to know what's so bad about it.

But that's exactly the same system as what's just been put into this game. And at least paid map packs aren't about restricting what parts of the game content you've already got on your computer you're allowed to touch.

The concept of having paid content in a game you already paid for is kinda shitty in general. The problem with CS:GO and TF2 specifically is that they focused so much on the gambling aspect that it fostered a horrible community and steered away developer focus from making actual content. From what I hear lots of people also only boot up Overwatch to get a seasonal skin, and then log out right after.

Oh I know. What I mean is I hope it doesn't get to a level where it's the only reason that people play the game. A huge part of Valve's playerbase consists of market autists and people who wouldn't even be playing if it wasn't for all the garbage items.

I still think if developers insist on putting microtransactions into their game, cosmetics are the least offensive thing. Titanfall 2 for instance does it fine in my opinion.

I better be able to get a fucking tracksuit without paying for it somehow, also we need fucking gorkas and diffferent kinds of came but otherwise I dont care about cosmetics nigger, if you want to wear an orange tank top thats on you ya fuckin trans man

shut up you nip cocksucker, slav games are best, western games are shit but some are gud, jap shit is 90% infantile cancer and will be responsible in part for the decline of western civilization

cant wait until i can actually fucking gamble on POG:B, it almost deserves its mem status

Muh slippery slopes
Also it's just shit in general, with the key/crate system particularly being a super blatant manipulative tactic
I don't really care about that since I think idiots deserve to be conned, but not being able to get cosmetics you might like without paying for them in a game you've already bought is pure faggotry

wew fucking lad, also its Hypernormalfaglisation if at all, adam curtis is a limited hangout nigger read a booki will still watch this bich

So it's basically

Does this kind of system have the potential to hurt the game and cause imbalance and shitty gameplay? The only case I heard back then where this system turned to shit is with PayDay 2 where the "cosmetics" essentially had buffs. But if its only textures and meshes it shouldn't really cause an issue? Or does it still?

Even just cosmetics can have a negative affect on the experience depending on how shit they are
Imagine if TF2 had cosmetics that completely changed character outlines and colors, making them unrecognizable at a glance

Ah, like adding camouflaged skins. I think PlanetSide 2 did this where after a while the skins made it so hard to distinguish between the other 2 factions because of the camo.

Like I said, if it's purely cosmetic with absolutely no effect on gameplay it's mostly harmless. The problem is if the devs smell money and stop working on gameplay content in favor of cosmetic shit. Warframe went down the shitter for the exact same reason. Instead of even trying to fix the game the devs would rather shit out powercreep weapons and cosmetics to keep their playerbase busy. And while you can technically get all the gameplay content just by playing, it'll take forever to grind for it.
Again, I'll bring up Titanfall 2 as an example where I find it to be done well. They release free content updates every few months; new maps, weapons, modes etc. That's the meat of the updates. Alongside that there's premium camo packs and such for the turboautists who want to stand out. Since they're not the focus of the updates I barely notice them.

Also this. I didn't bring up that aspect up at all. Initially, TF2 had a masterfully designed artstyle which they ended up throwing in the garbage in favor of selling cosmetics. Not to mention the performance issues caused by the hats, which have a lot more polygons than anything else in the game.
Dota 2 has the exact same problem. A big reason why it has gotten so bad is because Valve will accept anything put on the workshop that looks even halfway competent, but doesn't adhere to the artstyle rules aside from "make it the same color as the character". Games where the cosmetic items are made inhouse tend to stick to their own rules more, though. Depends on how seriously they take it.

I dont like the cosmetics trend either, but i dont see any reason why i should not enjoy the game anymore. It actually is fun for me. Also you can already buy cosmetics from the steam market i dont see a real change here. I only get sick when you actually can buy ingame advantages.

holy shit the beginning of this is fuckin gay bruh, cant believe they only wake them army girls up at 0600 at fort benning in basic nigger goddamn I bet yall get a fuckin mani/pedi there too lmao

burgers going soft like farm swine, the old boys know it, you need to get rid of the sabre-rattling dual citizen chickenhawk traitors in your fucking government before you end up having to fight someone that shoots back

clothes are completely irrelevant in pogb unless you are retarded and are wearing a red shirt, even then your vest will cover most of it. You already get cosmetic crates from playing the game, effective clothing like armor/ghillies can only be scavenged, nobody that is actually good at this game cares about this shit most are waiting on 1st person only mode and mainly the new map

every opinion ive seen over the past monthish here about REMF:B has quite obviously been made by someone that has never even played it, I guess I underestimated the amount of poorfags in which case I feel bad for yall; it was very cheeki of them not to even put it on sale. I dont fucking know how steamyjew works in different places but if you can test this game do it downloads like 7 gig, most fun ive had with friends online in a long ass time, and its very tense alone

why are you faggots talking about tf2? can it pog, do you even arma nigger, again all im seein here is criticism from people that havent played the game, when you are firefighting at 300-400m already colors barely matter barring really dumb exceptions like red hats or something, what you will mainly be seeing is movement, the only article of kit that really breaks up your outline is the ghillie and you can only get that from ingame airdrops

Planetside was a special case since the lead artist (along with most of the dev team) was heavily biased towards the spaceniggers faction. Giraffe camo made them blend in with the other two factions. I think Daybreak realized it was an awful idea and focused on adding camos in faction colors, but the damage was done.
In contrast, I found most of the helmets to be pretty well made and fitting for the setting and factions. They have kinda high standards for their workshop submissions as well.

what the fuck is this shit nigger, is this your patreon?

what is this pansy banging on about, he wanks to his basic training, makes one semi-decent point and then dips off into some bullshit about anthropogenic climate change, how many dicks are you sucking right now bruh, this entire video is meaningless western liberal drivel isnt it

now hes talking about facebag, fuck off dude what are you even trying to say with this faggot you need to summarize, you cant expect anyone to watch this brainfart

It would probably help if you didn't watch a half hour video in 2 minute chunks between shitposting breaks, giving us live updates

nigger you are gonna die soon, learn how to multitable bitch, the video is shit, chopping up an adam curtis flick to be even more inconsistent and meaningless is almost a feat in and of itself, you could easily argue pogb is actually a buck in the trend or hypernorm-ielisation at least if you go by the definition curtis gives

climate change cosmetics lel explain why you posted this drivel or fuck offf please, bet u dont even go innawoods or have funs. Buying virtual clothing is gay as fuck regardless but its a fucking valid business model at this point which is hilariously deranged if you think too much about it. Its still irrelevant to pogb which has by far the most refined mechanics of an early access game, im quite confident the arma nigger that made this will not fuck it with paid power ups or some shit

Suck it's dick harder why don't you
But I guess you're right, early access games with microtransactions are totally fine

bitch please, I wish I could find some relevant fucking criticism of this game and i have some nitpicks but ive really been getting nothing, early access doesnt mean shit anymore and this is a suprisingly complete game, you forgive it its bullshit because the mechanics work well with each other and the stakes always feel high, its not an alpha because the alpha was all the king of the hill mods the guy made for arma and GAY1Z1

whatever nigger, you havent said anything meaningful and you havent played the fucking game so im just gonna stop IDFing it but its a lot of fun

How in the hell is this $30 game so popular?

I have a feeling that some of these games use bots to boost their playercount to better aid bandwagon effect marketing.

Those aren't true private servers. they're just instances of the game overwhich you have control.

A private server would be them saying "here are the files needed to run a server, here are the admin tools, run your own servers."

Them allowing you to tweak the settings on a match a little bit is something Halo has been doing since like Halo 2 I think. It's not private servers.

Not to mention that only specially approved twitch streamers are even allowed to run the bloody things. Or that the "server" browser is just a static list you can't filter or anything meaning that custom matches have become a nightmare to get running because the server list is 95% dead servers that have bugged out or locked servers being used to advertise whichever twitch fag has been deemed worthy.

Heavy focus on twitch streamer marketing leading into journo accolades "OMG it's so tense you guys" combined with it wholesale coping the mechanics of a well designed mod (and porting over a lot of the problems from ARMA 3 for no good reason) leading into a skinnerbox RNG loot system.

Basically they looked at DOTA 2 and said "we also like a lot of money in our bank accounts!"

I do not think so. I played it and it is really easy finding games with 100 players regardless of mode. I do think those numbers are legit

I have a feeling you're paranoid and full of shit. Most of these games are actually that popular mainly due to either how cheap they are and how easy they are to run on almost any system. You'll also find these numbers are representative if you interact with any "PC Gamer xD".

It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Out of those 100 players, how many are actually present and real?

Show me once where it happened to the point where it had a significant impact on player count that broke something into top 50.

TF2.

Keep in mind that these servers are made to exploit the game, and thus playercount could be altered to include the bots and no one would be the wiser.

Are you honestly referring to AFK servers where people just wait for loot drops? You still haven't shown any proof, mind you.

And just because I can't name it doesn't mean they don't exist? That's an appeal to my own incompetance, not a proof that it doesn't exist.

You don't think that people don't use botnets to their advantage? You're being awfully defensive for someone who just posted a theory about something.

How about YOU post something outside of non-evidence based claims like

Can you give me evidence that they AREN'T used? The fact that you're saying that they aren't used at all is a lot more ridiculous.

No, what I said is:
I want to see significant usage of it. I doubt any usage would even contribute to the game's marketing because hardly any players of such casual games look at player count numbers on a stats page that I don't think you can even find in the Steam client anymore. All these games have compatible numbers to what you can find on SteamSpy.
As for TF2, it is not only F2P, it's a Valve game which lead to loads of promotion on the client back in its day. You can't rely on server numbers because you can cheat the counter in Source games, but that doesn't lead to the global number being changed whatsoever. If that was the case then we'd see a lot more source games on the list like Day of Defeat or Condition Zero. You need a Steam account in order for your activity to contribute to the number. So they would need bots with a Steam account and a running instance TF2 on their account to contribute to that number. Show me a single one of these accounts, they don't exist. Valve doesn't need to inflate the numbers of a game they've abandoned. I'm not the one making any outlandish claim that these companies are using botnets as some fucking marketing scheme. And so because you don't have an iota of evidence for this claim that you somehow believe in, again, despite having zero evidence, you're turning it on me for not believe in stupid shit. You're fucking crazy, dude, and this is pointless. It makes zero sense that they would botnet any of this shit for games that are already wildly successful, but I need evidence for my sensible idea, right?

Now tell me how the fluoride in the water is turning the frogs gay and how Pizzagate is still a thing.

mfw someone gifted it to me

This is true and quite amusing, it literally feels like arma despite being UE4, dont get me wrong i love arma (2 specifically) but why in the fuck would you go out of your way to make it feel like arma, arma is not a good feel, its janky and you kinda lurch around

its still less annoying than arma though and hopefully it will get better, at least your legs dont snap like chicken bones

all the streamer faggots playing this turned me off as well but thats not a valid criticism, it is actually quite tense, the only game ive played with people online where 3 of us will stick around watching a buddy finish the round after we are all dead

faggots that complain about RNG dont understand variance, sure the circle will dick you and loot is random but over 50 or 100 games it barely matters and you can counteract variance by making smaht moves. shouting hurr durr RNG is like complaining you have "bad luck" at poker and thats why you suck dick

Ive said it before and ill say it again, a game of solo pog:b is basically the equivalent of a turbo 100 man NLHE torunament, so many factors come into play and you have control over enough of them that a thinking player can eek out an edge

he made the well-designed mod you mong you cant "copy" your own shit

obviously this thing is not as versatile as arma but its a very pleasant ersatz if you dont care about the milsim side of things and just want to have firefights that are a little more realistic than your average shooter fodder, especially if you no longer have the time or the inclination to put up with armas shit right now, nevermind the ingame DLC jewry

and? how is it?

several people told me to get it but i told them i didn't intend to waste money on flavor of the month trash that'll die within a quarter of the year

íts ok with friends I guess.

these jews couldn''t wait at all to start funneling shekels

Oh, come on. I agree with you but

Still laughing at this garbage.

So glad I refunded that piece of trash meme game

A working model for faggoty camwhore let's players to fake reactions on camera when they get some SICK LOOT

Unfinished.
Day -365 DLC.
Unpolished core mechanics.
Forced popularity.
Unable to host private servers.
30 fucking dollars.

All of these things makes it a 5 dollar game at most.
It will transition from early access once it drops in popularity.

How? The core game is pretty much all there.
Maybe it's just popular because people like that kind of game. That's like saying DayZ was forced popularity.
There are custom servers, just not everyone's able to host one yet.

I'll give you the rest. The game would be fine at $15.

nigger, what? 10 point grading scale. 59 and below is an F. Each ten points is a different letter above that.

I'll just buy my chicken, thanks

There's another for you.

Nice Something Awful meme, pal.

That's a marketer's way of saying it's not polished.
See:
and

So after the devs fuck something up horribly like "The Culling", what will be the next monthly indie survival shit Youtubers will jump onto?

I'm glad I didn't!
Now…
GET THAT OVERHYPED TRASH OUT OF HERE

Does it even matter? All the shit they latch onto is bad by default.

The core gameplay is polished, though. There's nothing missing or down right broken.
I did not know about them marketing it by giving streamers free shit, but to my knowledge giving your game to people for them to talk about it is common practice in the industry, no? Pretty much every big release does it, though maybe not on this scale.
And yeah, it is shitty not everyone can host a private server, but the functionality is there. There's no reason for them to keep it exclusive forever.

I don't know why I'm arguing, anyway.

The core gameplay is not polished. The hit detection sucks, the netcode and tick rates would not be acceptable in any non-early access shooter - except perhaps ArmA - and even then I'm dubious. The vehicle physics are literal garbage, and the overall weapon balance seems to hinge entirely on whether or not the designer thinks it's a good gun or not (9mm uzi is a feather duster, 9mm ump is almost an assault rifle). Aside from that you have all the streamer/youtuber courting (and the accompanying initial burst of success), and huge influx of income with no actual talent or major updates on the game development side… This game is dying, and it's going to be a dramatic death. It also helps that the guy who's name is attached to the project is almost Phil Fish levels of terrible at PR.

That would make sense, considering this game started as an Arma mod. It's probably not feasible to have it run as tightly as an arena shooter simply because the playercount is so high. I'd like to be proven wrong though, maybe they could do better.
The vehicle physics are goofy as shit, which makes for hilarious moments, so I don't think that's a negative. I also don't see what's wrong about weapon balance, save for pistols being useless. The streamer shit I've already mentioned.
Absolute bogus. You can say that when they go a year without an update. As is they update pretty frequently.

That's a big claim. I don't follow what he says, but if he were as bad as Fish there should be countless of articles written about his "controversial" opinions.

RIP bratte, heroes dont die they multiply

If you have hit detection problems id suggest trying the EU servers, noticed the same thing on NA, also theres all these rumors that NA servers are way fuckin softer, lmao burgers cant fight

UMP has gotten nerfed but the weapon balance is pretty solid, it doesnt do more damage than the uzi its just stability, the micro uzi isnt half bad if you have it tacticooled out with a stock and everything, otherwise yeah its ghetto trash but you can still hose a nigga down with it. have you ever seen a fuckin shitty compact machine pistol like a tec-9 or an ab-10 fire irl? its ridiculous, you wont hit a fuckin tree in front of you if you spray, i.e. you could argue that in comparison to reality its actually op

a 9mm is a 9mm, same goes for 5.56 although the m16a4 has a higher bullet velocity iirc

pistols are fine too, .45 with a red dot will deck niggers out to 50m easily, shotguns are fuckin great too, put a choke on em and you can engage at like 40-50m as well

cant confirm this at all, usually people that dont realize how far they have to lead targets say this, ive had no shitty experiences getting shot right after ducking into cover like in many other much faster online shooters a la benisfield. sometimes doors will lag briefly after you land but its a small price to pay for a game that is at least mildly unique

its still kinda shit, but its way less shit than arma right now at least in terms of polish which really fuckin says something about arma mainly

well I guess we are all dying

"Mildly" unique? What does that even mean? Theres only 10 other things like it? 15?

To reiterate what you just said "sometimes the game is shit but that's a small price to pay for a game that is like 10 other games!"

Fuckin hell.

Shills have zero reading comprehension.
See:
and
Forced popularity is forced. As soon as the critical amount of people realize it's shit, the game will die.
That time is quickly approaching.

THB i always held it in back of my mind like "maybe ill pick it up, play a few matches, then get a refund" but after this im turned off completely

I knew you guys secretly liked this game.

Holla Forums can only keep up the shitty opinion meme for so long before the shell cracks

What's wrong with paid cosmetics? It's just a retard tax that keeps the developers paid and the servers funded.

Commie homos got fucking owned. What's the problem?

Its not a matter of just paid cosmetics, its the timing and the overall state of the game.

When your game is in pre-release and has more bugs than a fucking entomology exhibit, paid cosmetics should not be the thing being worked on.

When developers do this it screams cash grab and gives the impression that they don't intend to fix the game for the long-haul, they just want your money NOW.

Would the game be worth it buying from eastern euro/asian criminals for peanuts?

real screenshot from the game, if someone could change the c from jc's with a e, it would make an hilarious blame the jews meme. thanks

read niggers

Wew. Stay mad niggerjew.

it's pretty obvious that they'll charge for crates in the future, but in this specific instance it's a temporary thing for an event but this retarded site can't be assed to read past the headlines so they'll continue to look retarded for missing an important detail such as that

Feels good not buying into the shitty fad game. But at the same time, it still exists and more like it will still be made and shilled every other month. I'll be happy once the trend completely just dies.

This is a nigger grading system.

So you're telling me they sold 6 million copies of this streamer bait shit and, shortly after announcing their current sales numbers, they still decided to add crates to fund a tournament for a RNG game at gamescom instead of using the funds from selling the goddamn game? And how is this missing an important detail? The game isn't out yet, it's terribly optimized and instead of fixing the ton of bugs it has or working on making the game not run like total garbage they're already planning on how to jew people. They've already started even, being temporary is completely irrelevant.

fuck off, goon.

oh MAG I remember that, the PS3 I had running it crashed more then once on the 128 v 128 mode. Also sounded like a damn jet engine.

They'll never learn, right?

Cosmetics also affect gameplay, especially in fps.What you see affect your accuracy.
But of course as long as it doesn't touch the stat of a weapon/armor/character people will eat that shit up.

Not sure why anyone did